Ubers Premier League - Finals [Won by Grand Helix Fossils]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITS SHOUT OUTS TIME BABY
First up, the team. I could not have asked for a better team to play for this UPL. Everyone in the team were absolute gods, being amazing people in terms of support and being awesome people to talk to on IRC and play alongside. I'd like to give a big thanks to Melee Mewtwo for drafting me and having enough faith to play me during this UPL, I have definitely grown as a player and learned a lot from my team mates. Its a shame that we couldn't make our amazing start end with winning the tour but we owned either way.

My godly team mates:

Melee Mewtwo - "RIP MM2", our original manager and creator of the Drizzlers. Man the support you gave us all before Hugen laid the hammer on our misunderstanding was just crucial, especially the XY players as we prepared for our matches. You were determined to win this and its sad we couldn't bring it home. You are an awesome guy to talk to and you know your stuff, you also have a sense of humor which made this UPL even better. Best damn manager.

BKC - The unstoppable god of DPP. Beats everyone and everything. You are the funniest guy to talk to on IRC, and always keeps the place livened up with your stories and general conversations. Hope we can keep in touch!

Dice - You were always there to say me and my teams are terrible and taught me a lot this UPL. One of the best Ubers players I know and I could tell being on a team with you could only be a good thing. Funny af on IRC as well.

Evuelf - You are such an under rated player. Always there to help me playtest and give me ideas for teams, while also being amazing during your own games. This team wouldn't have done as well without you, have more faith in your abilities!

papai noel - Elodin n_n, great player and absolutely tore it up this UPL. You made the IRC channel more fun to be in whenever you were around with your cheery attitude and positivity (apart from when you were about to play rofl)

Piexplode - Always that guy who tries to find the smallest gimmicks and stick it in a team. Creative with your teams, even if they aren't always effective. Also helped me with playtesting so ty n_n

Myzozoa - You and BKC destroyed DPP this UPL. Great player, shame we didn't really talk much on IRC since you weren't there as often o.o

Dekzeh - Had a bit of an unlucky streak this UPL but still a fun person on IRC :]

Blue Jay - Its a shame IRL stuff got in the way of you playing this UPL, you are an awesome player and before things got hectic you were hilarious on IRC. Come back to us ;_;

kingmidas - Another player that has potential but just didn't hit off so well, unlucky man.

afterburn - You were on IRC fairly often but rarely spoke o.o I know that you are a great player and should we have needed to sub you in I was confident you could pull it off :]

Bossness - You have unreal amounts of positivity about our team as seen above hehe

Great games were played this UPL, shoutouts to all my opponents for helping me improve and gg! Congrats to the Helix Fossils on winning and thanks to everyone for making it a great tour! Hopefully we match this next year! #drizzlers

Last edited:
Shoutouts because I'm the manager and am probably expected to do this (macle did one for my LCPL championship team).

note: shout-outs are in no particular order

Team members:

Steeljackal<3: Regardless of how bad (debatable) and lucky (not debatable whatsoever) you are, you really were a team player and are probably the MVP of this entire tournament. Nice n clean undefeated record and you were incredibly helpful in supplying other team member with teams at the drop of the hat. Great job, I fully expect to see you get drafted in SPL next year

Jirachee: Absolute stud, I felt comfortable that you would have an advantage over whoever was unlucky enough to be your opponent every week. It was fun playtesting with you and I'd love to be on more teams with you in the future n_n. Congrats man.

Kirigakure: Sickeningly underrated player on this site, I sincerely hope your success in Smogtourns and in UPL gets you noticed. You were a very active member in #Helix as well. Very glad you were on the team.

Phil: Sorry I didn't find an opportunity to play you :(. Regardless I wouldn't have picked you if I didn't admire your ability, and congrats again on getting an authority position on PS (I know I'm late). Now go out and lock those snarky 12 year olds.

FLCL: Part 1 of the UU mafia on this team. One of the best overall players on the site, I spent a ton on you but it was worth it. Thanks for staying active despite your busy schedule, couldn't have won this without you!

Lasagne: See: Ihop. Excellent player who i've played in tournaments before, sorry you didn't a chance to kick ass but at least I remembered to pick you up! Enjoy your ribbon

Hot N Cold: :) Awesome guy who I knew from #Los_tigres, and though Ubers isn't your main tier I figured you'd have enough teams to pull through. Your clutch win vs. the Zekroms week 5 kept our season alive. Thanks for playing n_n

Soulgazer: Another great player who dominated SPL this year and came in at least somewhat knowledgeable of the Ubers tier. Ya did good...also another excellent presence in #Helix. Hope to be on more teams with you in the future.

kokoloko: Part 2 of the team's collection of UU players. Thanks for both beasting this UPL and running one of the most stable tiers on the site.

Royalty: Part 3 of the UU club. You won in multiple tiers for us, and your versatility as a player made adjusting my starting line-up very easy. Good job, sorry for playing you in XY though :(.

Raseri: NU stud, wish I could have played you more but Jirachee & koko dominated DPP ._. enjoy your ribbon!

TGMD: No fucking idea why I didn't play you week one, but you're clearly a top Ubers threat and dominated the 2nd half of UPL. Great effort vs. Dice & keep up the good work.

Tesung: WE DID IT BRO! Tesung is the odd player who actually likes playing XY, which was quite advantageous for me as Steelskitty and Royalty had little interest in playing the tier.

Level 56: LOL knew I forgot someone, beast player who came through when it mattered!

malefic: Still consider you to be a fossil 4ever and always <3

Also thanks to players outside the Fossils that supplied some of these guys with XY teams! Much appreciated!

Edgar is particular deserves mention since he helped out at least two of our players, thanks!

Also fireburn/hugendugen, banners pls :]

did i really just do a shout-out for UPL...guess I did :toast:

Last edited:

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I would like to thank the realest canadian and Epic Ochoa Fan Edgar for giving me all these teams :]

give flcl's ribbon to soviet ffs

Congrats to the Helix Fossils. We'll never know what would have happened if you played the Drizzlers in any other round than the last, but you guys couldn't do anything about all the drama and showed in the playoff and finals that you are a well deserved winner.

no particular order, mostly just based on how easy it was for me to do

BKC: Thanks for staying out of pedo jail and winning your battles I guess. Also your taste in music is fucking unbelievable I wish I were you you're so fucking cool. Filling in as emergency manager was pretty cool, too, even if it did mean you guys had to bank on Dice to support in XY. (and we saw how well that went....) Worth every penny, Blim should have pushed the upbid more.

Dice: jk, you're amazing. 11k for the best active Ubers player is a fucking steal. Seriously, though, how do you manage to only lose to shitty teams?

Elodin: Clutch as fuck but the true cause for our demise. Your week absence broke our streak, there really can't be any other logical explanation for it. Hope to be on your team again next SPL.

Evuelf: Holy cow, your record is the most misleading one this whole tournament. idk how you manage to pull the bad draws that you do and getting matched against exactly what you hope to not see amongst all the other crap but you were still an unbelievably good buy. Your talent shows in the record of the team considering your direct contributions to some of our biggest wins. I hope you luck improves. oO

Blue Jay: Nice bail... Nah, I totally understand what happened and I'm sorry I couldn't make the UPL experience more enjoyable for you. You put in a lot of effort for somebody with very little time nor interest.

Dekzeh: Despite your desire to see us lose and your unfamiliarity with the meta you were playing, you still put in the effort and I really appreciate that. Fun guy to talk to as well.

Myzozoa: DPP god. Ultra reliable and ultra chill, loved having you in the chat and watching you rofl stomp in your games. Worst part is they probably don't even realize how close you were to doing it again to that double scarf non-sense with your Kingdra build. In Myzozoa we trust.

Kingmidas: Although you didn't live up to expectations in battle, I still think you have plenty of potential. You just need some more time and to take your time before we start seeing stronger results. You were still worth the buy for reasons that should be obvious. (I still want to keep that stuff a secret in case we need it for other tournaments)

Afterburn: You definitely got the short stick in this by only being bought to play sub. Still, you were always there and ready to help out which was absolutely fantastic and reassuring.

Nayrz: Definitely a promising player. Your record is stronger than what it seems at a glance and you definitely have good fundamentals. It's all just about experience and polish now before you end up one of the leaders in this metagame.

Piexplode: Honestly the most surprising player in UPL. You were originally meant to be an investment buy that I didn't expect to perform well in the short term. However, not only did you get the job done on short notice early on but you kept up a good performance throughout. You are really annoying but that's what gives you so much potential, your dedication to improvement will take you very far so don't worry if people are bothered along the way. Your open mind will make you a very unpredictable and consistent player down the road.

Anik: lol

Overall, I'm very pleased to see that favoring promising, underrated players in an environment that supports their growth to be such an effective strategy in comparison to ghosting slots and force feeding teams. I have high hopes for all of you that are just beginning to establish a strong reputation and will always be available for you guys if you need some playtesting practice in future tournaments. I don't think it can really be denied that you were the most dominating team, just with a unfortunate turn for the worst in the last moments.

Although I'm particularly salty that the Drizzlers have lost to the team with the most stark contrast and for the spoiled opportunity that was Malefic. (which btw, I extend the previous offer to you as well if you want to keep climbing the Ubers player ladder) I can't attribute every bit of it to luck and have to also accept part of the responsibility for having abandoned you guys through my actions. On the bright side, the Helix Fossils have spared me from a rap performance so thank you for that and ggs.

Last edited:
I don't really want to write out a big ass post but I think the fact that I took the time to create this dazzling work of art shows how much I enjoyed this UPL.

.drizzlin

[06:12 pm] <@ELODIN> why am i
[06:12 pm] <@ELODIN> in the ass
[06:12 pm] <@ELODIN> i'm the poop

Should have mentioned that this part was totally intentional, I swear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)