UU Simple Questions Thread

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yes but even with a choice band he misses out on a few kos. I don't even think it OHKOs offensive Mega Ampharos

Your right he doesn't OHKO offensive M-Amp sadly.

Dugtrio does however beat offensive amph.

I wouldn't use choice band on Dugtrio though, he loses way to many KO's going banded compared to sashed.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It looks good on paper but it just doesn't work in practice you know? No recovery, no leftovers, it just isn't that great.

Also it only has decent special defense

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Banded dugtrio is the best set because of its ability to 2hko key threats like blissey and florges as well as its ability to kill defensively weaker neutral pokes. Also, locking yourself into a move is nbd when what you're against can't switch out.

Mega Aggron is heavily underrated and is actually quite good on stall at the minute. Don't hesitate to try it out.

Haven't messed around with banded dugtrio to much but is it really worth it? Compared to sashed Dugtrio who can take out almost all the major offensive threats in uu? Why not just use crobat for florges chansey?

I'm actually having a ton of fun (no pun intended ) with Mega Aggron and Dugtrio baiting in fire types with Aggron and getting free kills with Dugtrio.

Or, you know, you could hit the Fire-Types on the switch with EarthQ from Mega Aggron. Dugtrio tends to not be too effective against a lot of the Pokemon which you listed, because although Dug is naturally faster, a lot of those Pokemon (besides Lucario) have been known to run Scarf and/or U-turn.

Scarfed u-turn is kinda ok considering it's basically one less coverage move (or nasty plot whew)

Sadly Lucario outright beats Dugtrio with ES.

Are Gothitelle and Wobbuffet unbanned now, right? Pokemonshowdown says they're still BL, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

Also, are they dropping to UU or NU? Because it would suck to not be able to use them in NU where they belong, even if they both suck now.

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
goth and wobb are unbanned

other than the odd competitive goth though, they won't see much use

Which OU stat is considered for UU mons to move up? And what is the exact percentage a UU mon has to achieve in that OU stat in order to move up? Thanks!

EspeonTrainer : Use the dugtrio set that your team needs more. If you want more offensive threats that commonly run scarves/priority dealt with, run sash with the required support (in other words, defog/rapid spin). If you want defensive mons gone, run banded.

Whichever set you go with, run some U-turn support, so you can safely get dugtrio in without taking damage. You can run Mega-Aggron and Dugtrio on the same team, but as others have noted, they each require different kinds of support to be effective.

Why didn't I think of U-turn support with dugtrio lol, thx for the tip.

Yeah, M-Aggron and Dugtrio have been conflicting at times. I was thinking of running Durant actually with Dugtrio since I've heard they have great synergy.

Hey guys! I'm new to competitive battling and I have some questions. I've been looking at the new Smogon pokedex and I've just been very confused. There are some pokemon, ex. Crobat, that have move sets listed in different tiers. There is a UU set ( I'm more interested in playing UU ) and an OU set. How do I know what tiers can I use Crobat in? Instead of having to post every time I have a question on what tier a pokemon belongs, what is the easiest place to find UU pokemon?

Hey guys! I'm new to competitive battling and I have some questions. I've been looking at the new Smogon pokedex and I've just been very confused. There are some pokemon, ex. Crobat, that have move sets listed in different tiers. There is a UU set ( I'm more interested in playing UU ) and an OU set. How do I know what tiers can I use Crobat in? Instead of having to post every time I have a question on what tier a pokemon belongs, what is the easiest place to find UU pokemon?
To the right of the Pokemon's ability, it tells you what tier they're in. Click on the tier to see all the Pokemon in that tier.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
What's going on with superstar and mafia as in the bans on gen5 snow warning and chandelure? What I mean is what's the reasoning behind this? I wanted to use hail stall.

Hey guys just wondering what speed benchmark do you hit on Haxorus usually? I noticed that some on the ladder don't outspeed max speed Jolly Mega Dactyl at +1 lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)