Big Lord of the Rings Mafia - Game Over! Forces of Sauron Win!

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Oh, and I noticed von is saying I am pushing for TIK's lynch. Perhaps I did so to begin with, but if you'll actually read, I layed off of him. It seems perfectly reasonable for him to have made that mistake - if anything, I've expressed concern about everyone trying to get him lynched. I would regret bringing him to the spotlight if he wasn't suspicious af.

I'm at work, so I'll be quick. I disagree Ullar. I think that the set up of this game implies that relying on power roles to win would probably be unsuccessful due to the noc aspect. Because of this I feel that wasting one of our tools to get information is a terrible idea. Clearly we don't want to kill village members, but if there is somebody like tik who seems like mafia, exorbitant when the worst that happens is information at the cost of a rider in this case, or a soldier down the line I think it is entirely worth it. Just sitting around waiting for power roles to save the day just doesn't seem useful.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
unvote

starting to buy that TIK is town, but idk, I guess he is someone to keep an eye on.

vote vonfiedler

its probably just his persona in NOC, but he seems to be attacking a lot of people, but not in a constructive way. Don't know how to better put this into words. Not a strong read of course, but stronger than the TIK lynch for me. We would probably get more info out of a von lynch as well.

I also want to suspect Paperblade, for his comment that the Rohirrim should suicide if silenced. We could just, you know, not use the Rohirrim power that day. Of course, if they are continually silenced and we don't have a safeguard to stop it or something, then yes, they should possibly suicide.

It's not the same as the mafia idling their kill at all. It's the same as a non-compulsive vig idling their kill, which is no bad thing when you don't know any definite mafia. I understand what you're saying, Aura Guardian , but this is also partly OC and so we can find out definite mafia other ways, and not just from getting information from a lynch that may or may not be true (such as all who chose not to vote TIK scummy if he turns out to be mafia).

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Jokes aside:

I disagree on a von lynch purely on the basis that he was looking for Tom Bombadil during Night 0. If that was just a mafia ploy then I don't know what to say, but I doubt he's mafia if he's looking for a character that's probably an ally of Middle Earth.

I do however see merit to a TIK lynch at this point. The worst that comes of it is that we lose a vanilla member of the village, the best is that we find a member of the mafia. It's early in the game and we don't have enough information to run by, and if we no lynched it would be stupid. Moving forward, I'm going to Lynch THE_IRON_KENYAN.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
Jokes aside:

I disagree on a von lynch purely on the basis that he was looking for Tom Bombadil during Night 0. If that was just a mafia ploy then I don't know what to say, but I doubt he's mafia if he's looking for a character that's probably an ally of Middle Earth.

I do however see merit to a TIK lynch at this point. The worst that comes of it is that we lose a vanilla member of the village, the best is that we find a member of the mafia. It's early in the game and we don't have enough information to run by, and if we no lynched it would be stupid. Moving forward, I'm going to Lynch THE_IRON_KENYAN.
I don't know much about LotR so idk who Tom Bombadil is. But its possible he was just joking around or something, or trying to find a power role for his mafia to off.

Eagle: No Lynch is the worst move because ... well, it's basically the same as the mafia idling their kill. The information we can gain is a huge bonus, and no lynch is forfeiting that edge.
Actually with the 60/40 plan or a variant thereof a No Lynch/TIK lynch would be good as it'd give us a successful Rohirrim voter combo that'd contain several decoys ie. the mafia wouldn't get all the Rohirrim as revealed.

We should randomize 60% of the game to vote No Lynch and 40% of the game (including YAYtears and TIK) voting for TIK.

I'm not sure we can call a verdict on TIK, I'm not convinced he's our best voting target today. Being wrong about the structure of the village can be a huge tell, but that's a really bold mistake to make and I'm not sure he would say the same thing

Ullar has yet to make an intelligent/reasonable post itg

I don't like that von brought up outside-the-game behavior recently to defend himself, his arguments have been kind of flimsy and he's the kind of user who would know when his arguments are flimsy.

There are two users I want to call out though that have not been getting enough heat. The first is Upside, who posted once attempting to clarify the rules. This is the least contentious post imaginable - one that would seem like a good idea from the mafia perspective. Nobody gets angry at you, etc. When I was mafia in Walrein's NOC game I did exactly the same thing. Seem helpful, and they won't suspect you. Well, I suspect you.

The second is Flamestrike who called me out. He is also attempting desperately to make posts that won't make anyone angry. His posts have a lot of defense in them even though nobody has been attacking him other than Agape for like half a post. "Thanks for speaking up!" he says in response to the person he called out's post. Being nice != being village, and in this case I think it's indicative that he doesn't want to make anyone angry at him, similar to Upside, which is a scum thing to do. I can elaborate on this but will choose not to until he responds.
You're going to have to elaborate on what you mean by my posts having a lot of defense in them; I haven't made a significant effort to defend myself since Agape called me out and I got him off my back, so I assume when you say my posts have a lot of defense in them you mean something else. I was trying to be nice to TheGottemer because he is new and seems to be a bit shy to post; I didn't want to scare him off by coming down hard on him. You're right, I'm probably being a bit more passive than I should be, but I wouldn't necessarily say I'm trying to avoid making people angry; I've at least been calling people out for inactivity, and hey what do you know it brought you down on me :P But on a more serious note, I haven't found anything major to talk about that I haven't already said; I would like to keep using this day to generate more discussion, since every little bit of info helps. At the same time though, I feel like TIK is our best lynch target if we don't get a better option; at this point I really have no clue if he's village or mafia, but either way we could get some more useful knowledge out of the deal. It's infinitely better than No Lynching at least.
Actually with the 60/40 plan or a variant thereof a No Lynch/TIK lynch would be good as it'd give us a successful Rohirrim voter combo that'd contain several decoys ie. the mafia wouldn't get all the Rohirrim as revealed.

We should randomize 60% of the game to vote No Lynch and 40% of the game (including YAYtears and TIK) voting for TIK.
Agape I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. If we randomize who votes for who then there's no guarantee all the Rohirrim are voting for the same person, which means there's no guarantee the ability fires off. Maybe I have to go back and reread exactly what the 60/40 plan was supposed to be but some clarification would be nice.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is how I remember Von and agape playing in other games, but I can't remember if they were village or mafia in them. They are just naturally prodding or even hostile players. Although I do think that they are both smart enough players to do this and be mafia.

Question: do we know whether mafia can bypass this NOC or not?

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah... no. Post thoughts and opinions; don't just sheep, or bandwagon aimlessly.

What are your thoughts on Von and Agape right now?
first off, why do you go after my post instead of the 80000 others that just posted lynches without explaining? or are they your mafia partners...

neither von nor agape seem that suspecious atm while tik seems like the best lead. Idk how many people ro-whatever have but mislynching 1 of them doesn't seem like the end of the world. Its either no lynch or lynch tik and no lynch clearly is not happening.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
ah the good old "i disagree with you so ur mafia" play
No, you are mafia because you are acting in a revisionist manner, which everyone can go back and check. You are blatantly lying about my behavior hoping that people don't have the patience to reread through the thread. That is revisionism, and that is scum.

von, i cannot believe that you play mafia with no biases. it's understandable to take into account past performance/knowledge of a user for being dumb (and i do not have the same experience as you do obviously) but your reasoning as to why you disagree with his reasoning is unclear at best - you think somehow he is in the wrong for attempting to get organized when you admit that people have done that in games that you have hosted with that goal in mind; you may disagree with the idea, but that doesn't make it wrong. you beat around the bush with why you don't want to claim to ullar starting with his role, but now it's become he is "dumb." see i'd like to believe (pls let me learn sensei) but then you go around saying things like:
I gave him shit on N0 because people shouldn't be claiming to him. I was far from the only one to do so. There is no link between that event and this one, except for the one you have manufactured for narrative purposes.

but you see he didn't blow it?? we are in no ways fucked over, this is probably a hundred times better than a no lynch because of the information gain, but you are going around acting like the game is lost just because ullar did it. how can you honestly tell me you are reading ullar with no bias when literally everything he is doing is "blowing it"?
His actions have exposed two riders, and if you payed an ounce of attention you'd know he started all this on a hunch, and using a bit of questionable game design savvy. This was way before the revelations regarding TIK thinking DLE was his partner.

u r so scummy so mafia lynch it plsssssss
You want explain a single thing you say instead of wasting everyone's time?

the only thing particular scummy that you've really pointed out is that ullar agrees with everything you say which i find to be highly implausible, but which is something i chalk done to an ullar thing, where he takes that half step of being himself and saying when he thinks but compromises by agreeing with everyone because he doesn't want to get called out/is to scared to voice against someone more "respectable" you are doing what is akin to creating a lot of nothing by finding fault with everything, not really giving out much of an explanation on why half the player list is "scummy." we can't have a discussion when any time anybody says something it is scummy.
You accuse me of doing nothing, and then get mad me for doing exactly what is required on Day 1 NOC? Yes I'm taking a fine lens to everyone's posts, looking for narratives (like the BS you've constructed about me), tells, patterns. It's more than you're doing. Oh no, let's not hurt each other's feelings by accusing each other of being scummy! We should all just be sheep and get this lynch over with.

askaninjask said:
I don't like that von brought up outside-the-game behavior recently to defend himself, his arguments have been kind of flimsy and he's the kind of user who would know when his arguments are flimsy.
What am I supposed to do when OTHER PLAYERS use outside the game behavior to accuse me? Jalmont said I'm not the kind of player who would throw down with good players, he is demonstrably wrong. He accuses me of having a hate boner for Ullar, which is fucking absurd as I've demonstrated. Why are you getting mad at me and not him?

zorbees said:
vote vonfiedler

its probably just his persona in NOC, but he seems to be attacking a lot of people, but not in a constructive way. Don't know how to better put this into words. Not a strong read of course, but stronger than the TIK lynch for me. We would probably get more info out of a von lynch as well.
Speaking of "I disagree with you so you are mafia", nice solid delay there between me accusing you of being scum and voting to lynch me. I bet half the players didn't notice.

But you know, my attacking people would be more constructive if we got a dialogue going, so answer my question already. Why were you so certain that DLE sent all village role pms?

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
first off, why do you go after my post instead of the 80000 others that just posted lynches without explaining? or are they your mafia partners...

neither von nor agape seem that suspecious atm while tik seems like the best lead. Idk how many people ro-whatever have but mislynching 1 of them doesn't seem like the end of the world. Its either no lynch or lynch tik and no lynch clearly is not happening.

Because the other people who just bandwagoned in a vote have done substantial things otherwise, besides the total noob, whom prodding which prove meaningless and pointless.

OK, well that post was extremely "make no enemies". If you HAD to choose a player to lynch besides TIK, who would it be? Please provide explanation with your answer.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
Speaking of "I disagree with you so you are mafia", nice solid delay there between me accusing you of being scum and voting to lynch me. I bet half the players didn't notice. I have no idea what you are talking about here.

But you know, my attacking people would be more constructive if we got a dialogue going, so answer my question already. Why were you so certain that DLE sent all village role pms?
I never said I was so sure, I said "if dle sent all the pms" because i knew he sent mine. I know that whenever I have a cohost usually only 1 host sends PMs.

As I said earlier, the amount of people (now Lonelyness and macle) that are happy to vote for TIK and jump on the bandwagon makes me think that he's a villager and an easy target for the mafia to pounce on. That and his believable explanation makes me unsure we should be lynching him.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Deadline is currently planned for about 3 hours from now. Would people want an extension or not? Feel free to pm me and Sam about this or post about thoughts on an extension. People seem fairly active but am curious about what people think about either getting into the oc stage sooner or if there could be more to be gained from a longer noc phase.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Because the other people who just bandwagoned in a vote have done substantial things otherwise, besides the total noob, whom prodding which prove meaningless and pointless.

OK, well that post was extremely "make no enemies". If you HAD to choose a player to lynch besides TIK, who would it be? Please provide explanation with your answer.
any of these people who haven't posted yet but haven't been subbed out

soviet
Nachos
RODAN
TheGottemer
Swamp Link
Upside
xenu
Slim Guldo
x16bit=>anhlong1122
Rextreff
TheSwagger
penguin344
Aura Guardian
Cancerous

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
any of these people who haven't posted yet but haven't been subbed out

soviet
Nachos
RODAN
TheGottemer
Swamp Link
Upside
xenu
Slim Guldo
x16bit=>anhlong1122
Rextreff
TheSwagger
penguin344
Aura Guardian
Cancerous
IIRC TheGottemer and Upside HAVE posted, but seriously that's true.

Hosts, could you please send them a prod PM?

I'd not mind an extension but it looks like people are just mindlessly sheeping the TIK wagon so whatever.

unvote, vote zorbees

Obviously they shouldn't suicide if we don't intend to actually use it that day, but if we are a one for one trade is almost always in favor of the village.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)