Dedenne [QC 0/3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poek

squadala
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Official Ladder Tournamentis a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Dedenne

Best rodent ever

Overview
########

Pros:

- Its unique typing allows it to take hits from either Zekrom or Yveltal
- It gets access to both nuzzle and toxic
- Its electric typing enables it to switch in safely to thunder waves
- It also gets u-turn and volt switch to gain some momentum after bringing it in against yveltal or Zekrom
Cons:
- Its stat are terrible for ubers standards
- Its best ability, cheeck pouch, is more of a gimmick
- It can no longer use swagger after the ban

Physically defensive
########
Name: Fuck Zekrom
Move 1: Toxic
Move 2: Nuzzle
Move 3: Play rough
Move 4: U-turn / Volt switch / Rest
Ability: Cheeck pouch
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Evs: 252 hp / 252 def / 4spa

Moves
========

* Toxic is mandatory in ubers. Period.
* Nuzzle hits through taunt and paralyses the opponent.
* Play rough allows it to hit Zekrom
* U-Turn allows it to gain some momentum after the opponent realises his Zekrom can't do shit to it
* One could also use protect to stall out moves/weather, grass knot to lure in groudon and damage it, charm to weaken zekrom and double team to annoy opponents. However, these moves are either gimmicky, or lack general utility.

Set Details
========

* EVs allow it to wall Zekrom suffienctly
* Leftovers for some extra recovery
* The nature maximises its bulk while lowerings its unused special attack stat

Usage Tips
========
* Only switch it in on Zekrom.
* Use its moves to get damage, cripple, or gain momentum.
* Use the /ignore command so you don't have to see your opponent hating on you

Team options
========
* Landorus-T is a good defensive partner, as it can switch into ground and poison type atacks that threaten Dedenne. A more offensive Landorus might also appreciate defensive pokemon poisoned and offensive pokemon paralysed.
* Cleric support is necessary, especially when using rest, as status will immediately render Dedenne useless
* As Dedenne likes to spam status, a pokemon that can trap clerics, such as Mega- Gengar, could potentially make for a good partner
* Pokemon that appreciate the paralysis support, such as the manly Specs Kyogre will like having Dedenne as a teammate.
* Genesect can form a nice volt turn core with Dedenne and Landorus T, as well as adding some more resistances.
* Wish support is also appreciated as Dedenne lacks reliable recovery. Blissey, Sylveon and Clefable are all good candidates.

Assault vest
########
Name: Fuck Yveltal
Move 1: Nuzzle
Move 2: Parabolic Charge
Move 3: U-turn / Volt Switch
Move 4: Grass Knot
Ability: Cheeck Pouch
Item: Assault Vest
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpDef

Moves
========
* Nuzzle Allows it to paralyse switch ins that are not ground types
* Parabolic Charge allows it to do some damage to Yveltal as well as gaining some HP back
* U - Turn allows it to gain momentum after focing a switch against Yveltal. Volt switch could also be used if you really want the STAb, but the fact that ground is immune to it makes it an inferior option.
* Grass knot can suprirse Groudons that want to switch in

Usage Tips
========
* Only switch this thing in to Yveltal.
* Use Parabolic Charge if you predict Yveltal to stay in.
* Use U-turn, Nuzzle, or Grass Knot, depending on what you predict to come in.

Team Options
========
* Wish support is appreciated, as Dedenne lacks recovery outside of Parabolic Charge.
* Cleric Support is also appreciated, as status will quickly wear down Dedenne.
* Landorus -T again makes for a good partner.
* Teammates that appreciate the paralys support, sucha as Choice Specs Kyogre, still make for good partners.

Other Options
########
* Double Team
* Charm
* Scarfed Entrainment to fuck Kangaskhan
* Resto Chesto to abuse Cheeck Pouch

Last edited:
Welcome to the community! n_n

Unfortunately, the Pokemon you are writing an analysis killed my parents so I have an emotional barrier that prevents me from extended interaction with you. However, I strongly suggest you spend more time with other members as they can make your experience more enjoyable and improve you as a battler in ways that I simply can not because of my past.

I hear Melee Mewtwo is a particularly swell guy and would have no problem introducing you to Ubers basics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this thing even ranked on the NU viability list?

Edit: It's not LOL

Last edited:
I think Plus should be the ability. If the opponent happens to use Magnetic Flux, you'll get your Defense & Sp. Def boosted. Plus if you use Entrainment, your Sp. Atk will also be boosted.

I also feel that Fling + Light Ball should receive a mention in case they decide to switch & send out Groudon. (Flinging a Light Ball causes paralysis).

Bc you're a friend I wont leave a sarcastic shit-post haha. O wait, I should do such then.

dedenne/14,3 would use.. actually not really, sadly this probably will get rejected to not have an ubers analysis show up in the dex, still kewl mon that does little. I'm sure Sweep would accept it as this has saved him time trying to figure out a good set for it when he is going to use it on one of his ladder runs.

* Use the /ignore command so you don't have to see your opponent hating on you
hehe

4 Atk Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dedenne: 148-175 (43.7 - 51.7%) -- 14.8% chance to 2HKO tho :[[ also:
252 Atk Teravolt Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dedenne: 119-141 (35.2 - 41.7%) not even half bad

- It can no longer use swagger after the ban
tru
However, these moves are either gimmicky, or lack general utility.
O.O

tldr; zing imo

I actually applaud you for taking the time to write this

Im pretty sure shrang made dedenne work in ubers but lets face it, we're not shrang

zing

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I actually applaud you for taking the time to write this

Im pretty sure shrang made dedenne work in ubers but lets face it, we're not shrang

zing
I actually haven't tried Dedenne yet, but that sounds like a fun idea to use on my rat team.

On this analysis, though, I can't see why you can't just use Whimsicott for the same role. I guess you check Ygod better, but you'll have to put a lot more SpD investment, and I'm not sure if you can afford to check both Zekrom and Yveltal at the same time. Also, get rid of the Assault Vest set, it looks like total trash.

Resto Chesto to abuse Cheeck Pouch
Change this within 24 hours or I'm rejecting this immediately :O. "Resto Chesto" is NOT what you call such a set

Welcome to the community! n_n

Unfortunately, the Pokemon you are writing an analysis killed my parents so I have an emotional barrier that prevents me from extended interaction with you. However, I strongly suggest you spend more time with other members as they can make your experience more enjoyable and improve you as a battler in ways that I simply can not because of my past.

I hear Melee Mewtwo is a particularly swell guy and would have no problem introducing to Ubers basics.
LOL

steelskitty

you deserve so much more than this
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I think Plus should be the ability. If the opponent happens to use Magnetic Flux, you'll get your Defense & Sp. Def boosted. Plus if you use Entrainment, your Sp. Atk will also be boosted.

I also feel that Fling + Light Ball should receive a mention in case they decide to switch & send out Groudon. (Flinging a Light Ball causes paralysis).
Don't encourage this pls

252 Atk Teravolt Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dedenne: 119-141 (35.2 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Sadly for a pokemon who's singular niche is apparently to check Zekrom, it fails to do even that to Zekrom's weakest (although most popular) set. Furthermore, checking a single Pokemon is far from enough of a niche to merit an analysis.

I'm going to skip the QC process on this one since it's quite obvious how the QC team feels and because leaving this thread open for much longer will just attract a bunch of troll posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)