Hearthstone [IRC Channel #Skillstone]

Mia Wallace

Banned deucer.
Not so much into playing as I am following the game and watching others. Much more into MTG then I am any other TCG. However....

THE TCG ROOM WILL BE HOSTING A TOURNAMENT FOR HEARTHSTONE LATER IN JULY, FOR INFORMATION FEEL FREE TO PM ME or TONKS, OR STOP INTO THE TCG ROOM TO GET DETAILS!!!

Mia Wallace

Banned deucer.
You might want to clarify what you mean by "The TCG Room."
The TCG Room on PS!, Sorry about that xD

Everyone is welcome to join, details are just about being finished up. As for the date, we're still working on that, but it will be towards the end of the month!

Pulled another legendary finally but it's even more useless than the last...I hate Jaina, and I don't think mages even run Antonidas, as cool as he was in lore...

Well at least I can get a Leeroy finally by DEing Illidan and Antonidas.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pulled another legendary finally but it's even more useless than the last...I hate Jaina, and I don't think mages even run Antonidas, as cool as he was in lore...

Well at least I can get a Leeroy finally by DEing Illidan and Antonidas.
He's used in the burn mage deck.

Antonidas has been seeing more play lately in the Freeze Mage decks and even some aggro ones. DE if you aren't going to touch Mage with a 10 ft pole, but Antonidas isn't too bad (just a little slow).

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Dude Antonidas is pure value in control mage and modified freeze mage as a backup in case alexztraza flops/burns

Uh you do realize that's $28 to unlock all 4 wings if you're not using gold...that's almost the cost of a new 3DS game. For an expansion that adds what was it, a mere 30ish cards and some CPU opponents? Maybe it's me, but that strikes me as outrageously expensive if you go the cash route...

That being said, guess I'll be saving up gold. Every 2 dailies gives you 100g assuming you also do a min of 3 wins a day (ignoring the rarer 60g dailies), so that's 2 weeks to unlock a wing, and about 2 months to unlock the whole expansion, so assuming you're starting out from scratch, you'll be behind about a week each time a new wing is unlocked, which isn't too bad in that regard. And this is only assuming you do dailies, if you're an arena pro or win a lot in ranked, easier to unlock a wing a week probably.

Last edited:

Soul Fly

is a Contributor Alumnus
OK that's steep if ur actually paying real cash.

But even the F2P method will be frustrating because rich-tards will get their hands on the new cards and start raining the gimmicky combos so you'll have to ladder with a handicap for a while..... and for someone who averages 80-120 gold on his usual playing streaks it'll be a long painful journey

Mia Wallace

Banned deucer.
Uh you do realize that's $28 to unlock all 4 wings if you're not using gold...that's almost the cost of a new 3DS game. For an expansion that adds what was it, a mere 30ish cards and some CPU opponents? Maybe it's me, but that strikes me as outrageously expensive if you go the cash route...
New 3DS games are usually 35-40$.

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
take into account the game is "technically" completely free, so I don't really have an issue throwing that sort of money at it. And even so, throwing money at it isn't necessary. Save up a bit of gold and play quite a lot and you can easily unlock all the wings on time for free.

Mia Wallace

Banned deucer.
take into account the game is "technically" completely free, so I don't really have an issue throwing that sort of money at it. And even so, throwing money at it isn't necessary. Save up a bit of gold and play quite a lot and you can easily unlock all the wings on time for free.
This is mainly while I enjoy the game. It's Free, you can earn gold to buy packs, or pay for them. People should never feel justified to complain about it being " pay to win " lol.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
The option "Already own the first wing (purchase the remaining four) $19.99" combined with the fact that the first wing is free means that it should only cost $20 to get everything. Actually pretty cheap imo

we proly got legend players and shit here but i finally got to rank 5 for the first time with midrange hunter. "now the hunt begins" as i begin the climb to legend :D

kd24 confirming what I said at the end of last season about Midrange Hunter still being good even in this meta. I like when I make good calls :) (at rank 7 now exclusively using the same thing). I slowed down this week, so I gotta get back on it.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
It's still a good deck and anything good can hit legend, meta be damned, but I don't think it's a great choice for the meta either. Of course, I'm not keeping hard stats or anything but I feel like Druid, where midrange Hunter really shines compared to the face variety, is seeing a distant third place in usage behind the usual Rogue/Warlock crap.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I see pretty much nothing but Rogue/Warlock/Druid for about 75% of my matches. Pali/Hunter/Mage/Warrior make up about a combined 20%, and then Priest / Shaman are in the basement. I rarely face one.

It's still a good deck and anything good can hit legend, meta be damned, but I don't think it's a great choice for the meta either. Of course, I'm not keeping hard stats or anything but I feel like Druid, where midrange Hunter really shines compared to the face variety, is seeing a distant third place in usage behind the usual Rogue/Warlock crap.
On my phone: mr hunter actually has a great miracle matchup thanks to hound master and freezing trap, you also can flare kill stealthed auctioneers.

Hand lock is def in hunters favor, you kill them too fast. Zoo and backspace rogue aren't in your favor but turtle/hm or buzzard/hounds(just hounds vs rogue) win you the matchups so it's w/e

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sometimes this game doesn't want you to have fun. Just lost to a zoolock with my handlock. He was at 15 only had a naked defender of argus on board and had no cards in hand; 16 cards left in his deck. I had a taunted Rag, Taunted Molten and a sunfury (leeroy in hand). I'm sitting at 8 health. He top decks soulfire, hits me, taps, and throws his second soulfire in my face.

Sometimes this game doesn't want you to have fun. Just lost to a zoolock with my handlock. He was at 15 only had a naked defender of argus on board and had no cards in hand; 16 cards left in his deck. I had a taunted Rag, Taunted Molten and a sunfury (leeroy in hand). I'm sitting at 8 health. He top decks soulfire, hits me, taps, and throws his second soulfire in my face.
Does suck when that happens doesn't it? The game is cruel like that sometimes.

I feel like this Shaman I just faced off against is feeling the same way.

I traded into Argent Squire, Innervate, and Power of the Wild. Turn 1 drew into Blood Knight and played Squire, turn 2 I drew another Squire and you can see how that turned out. He ended up coining out twin wolves on his turn 2, nothing on his 1 mana turn 3, and forfeited turn 4. Poor guy...

Soul Fly

is a Contributor Alumnus
Burning his only hard removal early game is pretty dope... considering it's the druid you'll probably thank him 5 turns later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)