2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This World Cup is getting boring after the group stages. Also is it just me or does it always seem the 'favourites' get all the refereeing decisions and end up going through? Countries like Nigeria, Algeria, Mexico, Colombia and so on could have had quite a few decisions... Or is it because we subconsciously root for the underdog?

Also I could have told you this before but Arsenal is not going for a striker. It's such a Wenger thing to do, he has Giroud, Sanogo and now Campbell and I bet he figures he has a couple of youngsters too and Walcott and Podolski if he's really desperate. Ah well, what we do really need is Sanchez to give Walcott some much needed competition! I don't mind Debuchy either, he's not the best but I guess he's one of the best value players for that position - costing peanuts and yet has plenty of experience, a typical Wenger signing. I don't know why he's going for a defensive mid again though, I know Diaby is injured but unless he's getting rid of Flamini or Arteta then I really don't think we need another body in there to compete with Ramsey and Wilshere and Rosicky and everybody else in there...

Bit of transfer news:
1. Kroos to Madrid is basically done. Should be done after the world cup is done.

2. Sanchez doesn't want to move to liverpool. They are going to try to convince him to agree to move. Arsenal have offered the biggest contract with Juventus also interesting in the player. Basically the Suarez deal is dependent on what happens with Sanchez. Either he joins Arsenal or Juventus, where Barca will just pay the cash necessary or Liverpool convince him to join with some cash involved.

chevrolet logo's a bit big don't ya think

edit: meanwhile, chelsea showing how to have the best kits in the league 5 years running

Last edited:
Reactions: HBK
In other news,

RIP Don Alfredo Di Stéfano, considered by many as one of the best players of all times. Descanse en paz, Saeta Rubia, cabrón. Y que su clase y sus goles sean recordados hasta el fin de los tiempos.

Last edited:

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus

chevrolet logo's a bit big don't ya think

edit: meanwhile, chelsea showing how to have the best kits in the league 5 years running
not long before some some wannabe MU speedster is nicknamed camaro or corvette with that huge-ass logo.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Might as well rename the club as Chevrolet United.

Cole has signed a 2 year deal with Roma. Nice of him to snub Premier League interest, best of luck to him.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
lol... Barcelona website accidentally put up Suarez shirts for sale early....

looks like this deal is a solid thing.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
reading tottenham blogs i feel awful that i just don't have the heart to point out to people that just because of who our last young welsh lb signing was doesn't mean ben davies is going to be a savior....

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
bye ross :( i knew you were gonna leave but it hurts that you've gone to another championship club

11m though thats a quality amount but knowing us we won't reinvest shit and just get fucking shit loan players like jimmy kebe

I legit felt embarrassed for Brazil during that match. What was it.. 5-0 by the 25th minute? Fucking incredible. A clinic.

I'm not surprised though.. there's a reason Brazil were so fun to watch during the tournament.. extremely undisciplined and spastic. Luckily Neymar was clever enough to make shit happen in the final third.

Ozil missing that breakaway was really fucking embarrassing to witness. He's the German Fernando Torres. Could he please just have 1 fucking amazing match in the World Cup without making Arsenal look like shit? Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)