Bleach Discussion Thread

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
I thought Orihime and Chad were done.... this shit has really been out of their league since the conclusion of the Fake Karakura Arc.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Shinryu, my guess is that Ūryu initially joined the Vandenreich to kill Yhwach and avenge the death of his mother. However, because Yhwach is an extremely savvy fucker (even by Bleach standards), he decided to limit Ūryu's actions by making him Sternritter A (giving Ūryu his [Yhwach's] own letter in the process) and his successor to the throne. This decision upset the Sternritter, which caused them to take Ūryu's every move into extreme scrutiny, which combined w/ his extreme proximity to Yhwach essentially leaves him powerless. There's also the fact that Yhwach might be curious to figure out why Ūryu, a Gemischt Quincy, survived his Auswählen.

As for Ryūken's disappearance, I think that's because Kubo has not found an ideal opportunity to bring him back to relevance yet. Yea, his son is in the Vandenreich and has even been selected to be their leader's successor, but Kubo has yet to explain why Ryūken (and Sōken, by extension) decided to keep the existence of the Vandenreich a secret from Ūryu for as long as he did. I feel that Ryūken will be relevant once Kubo explains that.

Last edited:
I was thinking more that Ryuken and Soken did believe that they were the last pure quincy family left considering the Kurosaki family was the only other pure quincy family left and that their general knowledge of any other surviving quincy was bad at best.. Though honestly all of the quincy lore is pretty conflicting from what's been revealed; almost all of them were said to have died before when the shinigami wiped them out, yet back when Ryuken was a kid, the number of pure family heirs was down to him and Masaki, yet there are still several "half breed" quincies out there apparently for Yhwach to suck em dry. Then you add in his whole army, many of whom I don't even think are nominally quincy to begin with and more just blessed with a portion of Yhwach's power (see the creepy one for example). But still, are the sternritter/vandenreich quincy or not? It's just kinda confusing, but then again this is pretty much a nonsensical arc just meant to extend the life of Bleach, so guess we'll roll with it as there was apparently nothing better to do than resurrect an old shinigami foe and power creep him to beyond Aizen at this point.

weak chapter, merely combatants insulting each other and being cocky and ichigo feeling.

we know ichigo wont fight and kill uryuu because he is a (BAN ME PLEASE), orihime and chad (as much as i sympathize with him) are fodder to make ichigo feel more.

isshin, uryuu's dad and urahara are bound to show up at for a last stand when things go awry or inbue ichigo with some sort of ridiculous extra power to allow him fight juha bach or something.

you guys talk of characters we haven't seen in a while (youruchi) or were hinted (soulbring dudes) but all i wanted was a vasto lorde (and that ichigo stopped being a pussy).

Well you did sorta get Vasto Lorde, Harribel, Barragan, and Stark were very likely Vasto Lorde before becoming arrancar, pretty sure some side anime thing confirmed Harribel as one in the anime context anyways. Yammy, meh, up for debate considering that was a bit of an out of nowhere ass twist that they're ranked from 0-9 in power.

ugh Yammy..... bigger BS that Kubo throw at us!
Who told him NOT TO SHOW the more exciting fight ever!!! (It felt like THAT time in Katanagatari.....)

if i recall correctly aizen specifically states that they "must continue searching for vasto lordes" and ulquiorra says all espadas (sans aaroniero) are adjuchas.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
that color spread tho

anyways, this seemed like another set-up chapter. we see that urahara promised ichigo a way up to the soul king's palace (and i can guarantee that ichigo won't go up there alone...), some shit-talking between renji and bazz-b, who took the time to reveal burner finger 4, and that yhwach (w/ ūryu and haschwalth) succeeded in invading the soul king's palace, something that even aizen failed to do.

i'm guessing that one of the royal guard will be subject to the worf effect to show how badass the vandenreich's top guns are (and possibly show off what one of their letters stands for). either way, i'm psyched to find out what will happen next time on dragon ball z bleach.

I still refuse to believe that Yammy was "really" Espada 0. When Numbers 1-3 all took at least two captain-level fighters fighting at the peak of their ability to have a chance at winning while Kenpachi and Byakuya could take Yammy down while IGNORING him (not really counting Ichigo in that fight because he was completely exhausted from fighting Ulqiorra). Doesn't really say much about his abilities >.>

Anyways, I'm getting a stronger and stronger feeling that Uryuu is gonna be a repeat of Gin, with him planning on taking down Back the whole time but failing because he's not Ichigo. Although I am happy that Urahara is finally back into play :3

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Man this is all over the place... and here I was thinking Narto was doing a bad job with pacing and character introductions.

jrp

Banned deucer.
So giselle is apparently a dude! I bet her semen is even more potent than her blood is when she's controlling people. Just look at how horrified bambietta was when she used her power on her

So giselle is apparently a dude! I bet her semen is even more potent than her blood is when she's controlling people. Just look at how horrified bambietta was when she used her power on her
Probably one of the creepiest plot twists I've read in here so far. /shiver

The day someone can hide a secret from Yumichika is the day the world ends...

Also hey now we know which Royal Guard member is getting roflstomped to show Bach's power

wait when did that happen?

also should have translated it as "her traps" instead of "her tricks".

edit: oh dear all the people who fapped to giselle hentai before today.
oh dear all the people who thought that was actually hot.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm on the fence about Giselle actually being a guy. I felt that Yumichika was just being insulting towards Giselle's unwomanly characteristics. Of course, I could be wrong, but dang, that giant tear in Bambietta's cloak...

It's weird that Giselle's a dude and all, but you guys are all ignoring one massive question Kubo was obviously trying to start. How would Yumichika know what the smell of semen is?

leave it up to kubo to introduce a completely worthless and unneeded plot twist
The worst part? Rather than dealing with the actually legit plot twists, such as :
a) Yachiru - wtf happened to her?
b) Shinji - wtf happened to him?
c) Wtf is Shunsui even doing right now? Wtf happened to his fight vs Haschwalth
d) Wtf happened to Zaraki? Is he just lying there with nothing to do?
And plenty more, he instead chooses to give screen time to some of the worst plot twists possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)