Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea that could be an interesting concept I wish it was more customization like how they had the outfits for pokemon in the anime. But then again Sinnoh was the only game that allowed pokeball customization I really wish seals could be in OR and AS.
In my opinion I would like seals back but at the same time I don't. Seals are a nice touch added in the fourth generation games in which you can give your Pokemon a sort off sparkly effect when they are send out of battle. This wasn't really an important thing or a franchise staple or anything but it was one of those nice additions that is there just for fun. I would like to see this feature brought back because it just gives a nice touch to your Pokemon and there isn't really much reason to not add it. However I also want it not to be added back in. If seals will make a return then that would mean the 4th generation games won't be special in this regard anymore and it would take away from generation 4's unique features which I don't really like.

Eduardo2013

Banned deucer.
In my opinion I would like seals back but at the same time I don't. Seals are a nice touch added in the fourth generation games in which you can give your Pokemon a sort off sparkly effect when they are send out of battle. This wasn't really an important thing or a franchise staple or anything but it was one of those nice additions that is there just for fun. I would like to see this feature brought back because it just gives a nice touch to your Pokemon and there isn't really much reason to not add it. However I also want it not to be added back in. If seals will make a return then that would mean the 4th generation games won't be special in this regard anymore and it would take away from generation 4's unique features which I don't really like.
Yea that's an excellent point seeing how most games in the franchise have something unique to them. I'm not sure if night and day time was implemented in the original games but to see that will be nice as the view from the top of sky pillar would be amazing.

Yea that's an excellent point seeing how most games in the franchise have something unique to them. I'm not sure if night and day time was implemented in the original games but to see that will be nice as the view from the top of sky pillar would be amazing.
Well day and nighttime has been in every main series game since I believe Emerald so it will most definetly make a return. How else are we gonna evolve the likes of Umbreon, Lucario and Espeon without day and night time.

Eduardo2013

Banned deucer.
Well day and nighttime has been in every main series game since I believe Emerald so it will most definetly make a return. How else are we gonna evolve the likes of Umbreon, Lucario and Espeon without day and night time.
Yea true I hope that the safari zone becomes like the one in emerald with all pokemon from different regions and have it available from the beginning of the game and not after the elite 4 to add diversity to teams.

Aerow

rebel
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It is possible to evolve Umbreon and Espeon in RSE, even though there was no real day/night cycle. But I agree that they will most likely include it in ORAS.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Just for the sake of clarification: as Aerow said above, Espeon and Umbreon can only be evolved in Hoenn. Hoenn features a real time clock (even if there is no visible marker of day/night, whereas Kanto (FRLG) has no means of telling time.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yea true I hope that the safari zone becomes like the one in emerald with all pokemon from different regions and have it available from the beginning of the game and not after the elite 4 to add diversity to teams.
Hmm, if we're being honest, I think the Safari Zone will be replaced by the Friend Safari. I do certainly hope that it does get a look similar to the Safari Zone, rather than the very boring grass-and-fence of the current Friend Safari.

I wonder if battle tents will make a reappearance it seems unlikely though since it was Emerald exclusive, but I want to see how they update the contest format from the Sinnoh version or they just leave it the R/S/E way.
Yea that could be an interesting concept I wish it was more customization like how they had the outfits for pokemon in the anime. But then again Sinnoh was the only game that allowed pokeball customization I really wish seals could be in OR and AS.
I can't wait to see contests either! I hope they update it somewhat to Generation 4's contests (was I the only one who liked dressing up my Pokemon and making them dance?). Like DHR-107 said, I hope they make it sort of like Pokeathlon with other minigames like in the anime. As for seals, I'd love for them to come back as much as you, but I think that idea died with Black and White; most likely they're not coming back.

Hmm, if we're being honest, I think the Safari Zone will be replaced by the Friend Safari. I do certainly hope that it does get a look similar to the Safari Zone, rather than the very boring grass-and-fence of the current Friend Safari.
I don't think they'll cut the Safari out wholesale, unless the Safari Zone has become offensive somewhere like the Game Corners have. I would find it more likely that an additional area would open up similarly to the additional zones that were added in Emerald. There were several pokemon who were exclusive to the Hoenn Safari, too many to realistically relocate. The extra zones, however, were not original, and were only added to include several pokemon who weren't necessarily native to Hoenn in the first place, much like the role the Friend Safari plays in Kalos.

Speaking of Secret Bases, imo they should revamp the move Secret Power and give it some competitive value so that people will actually want to use a slot JUST for Secret Power.

Speaking of Secret Bases, imo they should revamp the move Secret Power and give it some competitive value so that people will actually want to use a slot JUST for Secret Power.
Maybe, but Secret Power isn't half bad in-game thanks to its reasonable power and side effect, which is usually Sleep (in tall grass). Of course Return is almost always better, but thanks to the secret bases (oh, I'm sorry GF, Super-Secret Bases) I'd be more willing to give it to one of my team members than Cut or the like.

Hulavuta

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I'm with nitrox here, not all moves have to be necessarily "good" and Secret Power has enough interesting uses to be fun to use despite not being the strongest move. We're already throwing away our team's moveslots for HMs (some of which, like Cut and Rock Smash, are pretty much worthless) and I don't see this as that much different.

The visual revamp for the bases look amazing, but I did not expect that we would be able to set ourselves as NPCs for others to battle. Hopefully the rules we can set can be specified to certain parameters. I always hated XY's unrestricted battles on the Battle Spot; teams consisting of only Legendaries, Shinies, and Shiny Legendaries. At least this promotes strategy and creativity. It would be nice to remove restrictions on Pokémon with the same items or species. Fun gimmicks such as Focus Sash Metapod Teams would be cool to see.

Monotype themes really come to mind when the news broke out. Maybe putting certain restrictions on opponents such as, "Challengers can only use Pokémon of the **** type" can make things difficult as well, but in a good way. Maybe we could create additional NPCs for the opponent to battle on the way to battling us. I have plans for those Psychic movement tiles and a wall consisting of nothing but NPCs. I can't wait for more news on this, but I'm praying for the ability to say what we want; before, at our last Pokémon, and at our Victory/Loss to the opponent. In the case it doesn't turn out to be like the pre-selected Trendy Dewford text, I wish there we could at least have enough characters for a few lines of our own.

Now what I'm really hoping for is the return of Open Level battling so that raising Pokémon past level 50 is not a waste for competitive battlers, aside from learning certain moves or evolving certain Pokémon. Level 100 Pokémon would be fun to see and it creates an actual challenge for those still in training. What was the hardest in-game battle in XY? Your rival after becoming the Kalos Champion? That was a joke and the fact that it was one of the few battles that can be 6 vs. 6 in-game would make Red disappointed.

I'm a bit skeptical about the amout of data that can be shared through QR codes. They'll probably have the decoration information and a few other data about the player. But information about a whole 6 Pokémon team just seems unlikely to fit in that small square, even if you cut out less relevant information like pokéballs, PP Ups and IVs (your team will be AI controlled, don't put much faith in it). If I'm just underestimating the QR's capacities, one could simply crack the code and create a Super Secret Base Generator, which would save us from the trouble of raising Blisseys and aid the sight-completion of the Pokédex.

Reactions: PME
I can finally be the mono-normal type gym leader I had delusions of grandeur over! It mentions Street Pass and QR codes to get other secret bases, but nothing really about friends on your 3Ds. Would we have to show them our QR codes? Also, what would happen if secret bases overlap? Assuming they are put in the same location your friend has it in their game.

Anyone looking forward to filling their super-duper-hyper-ultra secret base with 20 Charizard dolls?

And good luck to anyone trying to get in- we'll see how many spin mats I can squeze in... :)

I think I already know what my gym team is going to be. Finally, I get to show off all my favorites in one battle.

Though this makes wonder if you'll be allowed to have a full team of six. I don't think any gym leader to date has used a full team so I'm curious if Game Freak is going to put some kind of restriction on you. Also, I wonder if people challenging your gym will be able to see your nicknames.
"Leader Gamedawg is about to send out Philosopher!" Philosopher is my Goodra, but people won't know that until it's sent out. Will that happen, or will it be set to the species name? I can see some very interesting and funny results if challengers can see our nicknames.

Though this makes wonder if you'll be allowed to have a full team of six. I don't think any gym leader to date has used a full team so I'm curious if Game Freak is going to put some kind of restriction on you. Also, I wonder if people challenging your gym will be able to see your nicknames.
"Leader Gamedawg is about to send out Philosopher!" Philosopher is my Goodra, but people won't know that until it's sent out. Will that happen, or will it be set to the species name? I can see some very interesting and funny results if challengers can see our nicknames.
I'm 99% sure a full team of six will be allowed. It's a secret base, not a gym (although it does have some similarities).

Hulavuta

TheGamedawg On Battle Spot, names are not shown, but with battles with friends/passersby/acquaintances, they are. If they go with you choosing who you share your Secret Base with, I'm sure it will show nicknames. I'd be very disappointed if they did not, nicknames are a big part of the social experience.

TheGamedawg said:
Though this makes wonder if you'll be allowed to have a full team of six. I don't think any gym leader to date has used a full team so I'm curious if Game Freak is going to put some kind of restriction on you.
In HeartGold and SoulSilver, you can rematch the Gym Leaders in the Fighting Dojo and they'll have full teams of 6. Regardless, I don't think we shouldn't read too much into it being a "gym". Just because they compare it to that doesn't necessarily mean that they will have the restrictions of the story gyms; something like the gyms not having 6 Pokemon is done more for difficulty reasons than anything else. I'm sure when they say it is like a gym, they just mean it is a room that you can design and have battles in.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Like, I don't understand why people are excited about secret bases I guess. Yay a room I can decorate. Big woop? This was in the Sinnoh underground too and no one liked it then (when you could have traps etc to stop people getting in). What made the RSE ones so much better exactly? :|
Well... for a start, the bases were located in the overworld. That meant, you could take your most favourite little spot in Hoenn and claim it as your own, so to say. Whether you chose an indent in the wall south of Rusturf Tunnel, a pile of leaves north of the Weather Institute or a tree on the secret beach north of Rustboro, your base was visible in the overworld, and you could see the entrance to your little base when you travelled around. You could also mix records with friends and have a wild little hunt for their base. There are a few surprisingly good hiding spots littered across Hoenn.
Contrast Sinnoh, where your base will always be an anonymous hole in an anonymous wall in an anonymous tunnel deep below Sinnoh. Instead of claiming a special little corner of the overworld for yourself, you could drill into any one wall in the featureless, empty tunnel network below the region. Any wall would do, they were all exactly the same.

Also note that for the most part, Hoenn's bases gave you full access to the entire area as soon as you entered the base. In Sinnoh, you had to link with your friends to clear away rocks from your base, so they wouldn't be in the way when you built. Highly disruptive and annoying, especially when you tried to place big decorations (but were unable to because you hadn't linked with enough friends).

Sinnoh separated the bases from the rest of the game too much. In the overworld, there was no talk of bases, decorations or other items from the Underground. Hoenn had many people talking about the bases, you could buy furniture and other decorations for them in several different places, and if you mixed records, you were likely to bump into a friend's base somewhere along your adventure. Secret Bases felt like an integrated part of Hoenn, whereas in Sinnoh, they felt tacked on to the Underground sidegame, and you were given way more limitations than opportunities for them.

Never mind that you could battle your friends' Pokémon and actually gain experience from them. In a game where the highest-levelled opponent you can beat regularly is at level 58, this feels like a godsend. Grinding the Elite Four for opposing Pokémon in the mid-fifties isn't actually fun in the long run, such as when you try to get a 'mon to lvl 100.

Hulavuta

Everything Cobraroll said is true, but for me, someone who didn't really play RSE, what I'm looking forward to the most is the new stuff they announced, specifically the way they're going to integrate it with the new social technology. This has been confirmed:

The Secret Base Announcement said:
Using communication features, it’s easy to connect with other players around the world to share your Secret Bases with one another.

This has been said a million times before, but the PSS was truly phenomenal and really enhanced the XY experience. I'm not much of a gamer so I don't know if it was exactly revolutionary in the handheld field, but I personally have never experienced anything like it. While there was, as Cobraroll said, the option to mix records in RSE, Wi-Fi was not possible on the Game Boy Advance, and I believe only local wireless was used for the underground in DPP (correct me if I'm wrong). And I might be alone on this, but I did actually have a ton of fun playing with Secret Bases in the underground, even if it was pretty limited.

I know a few people who still play Pokemon in real life, but obviously I know a bunch more on Smogon. We're going to be able to get a ton of more bases through worldwide connection and we're going to have a ton of new features and things to do with them. Now that it's possible, I'm very much looking forward to playing with the Secret Bases with everyone!

Deleted User 220884

Banned deucer.
It's a possibility, of the Aurane guy having a mega flygon. Does anyone know is he met during the game or post game. If in the post game, a mega flygon (if there is) is more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)