2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
and madrid are getting one of the best midfielders for 25 mil in Toni Kroos.
what is up with all the weird transfer numbers for midfielders this summer...

rakitic and kroos easily the best two played to have moved thusfar, for a comb

Ben davies would be an excellent signing for them though.

He is good if not better than Luke Shaw.
Oh i certainly agree, he isn't going to be bale though

till United buy Vidal for £toomuch
bet PSG wish they waited until after the world cup, now Luiz has turned his value to that of a bag of beans

Imanalt

till United buy Vidal for £toomuch
bet PSG wish they waited until after the world cup, now Luiz has turned his value to that of a bag of beans
not sure any amount of money is too much for vidal, he's an absolutely special player easily worth all the numbers ive seen for him so far... Would people really be complaining if they were offering similar money for yaya toure, who to me is an overall slightly worse player?

damn.. RIP BRAZIL. Germany was just 2 strong for them and not having Neymar and Thiago Silvia for this match was huge. Hope Holland takes it all though. After last year's final would be p deserved.. but oh well at this point any team would be a deserved winner. Looking forward for today's match.

I was very impressed by Schurrle though, imo he has it in him to do well and I hope he gets more opportunities at Chelsea :)

I legit felt embarrassed for Brazil during that match. What was it.. 5-0 by the 25th minute? Fucking incredible. A clinic.

I'm not surprised though.. there's a reason Brazil were so fun to watch during the tournament.. extremely undisciplined and spastic. Luckily Neymar was clever enough to make shit happen in the final third.

Ozil missing that breakaway was really fucking embarrassing to witness. He's the German Fernando Torres. Could he please just have 1 fucking amazing match in the World Cup without making Arsenal look like shit? Please?
you actually changed your avi

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
not sure any amount of money is too much for vidal, he's an absolutely special player easily worth all the numbers ive seen for him so far... Would people really be complaining if they were offering similar money for yaya toure, who to me is an overall slightly worse player?
Yes, they would because £44 million (that's how much Juventus want) would be too much for some one as old as Toure.

Arsenal actually look to be getting their shit together this transfer window. Debuchy, Alexis pretty much done deals and Khedira lookspossible if Kroos ends up at Madrid.

-----------------------Szczesny-----------------------

Debuchy----Mertesacker---Koscienly---Gibbs

-------------Ramsey---------Khedira----------------

-------Sanchez-------Ozil-------Podolski/Carzorla

-----------------------Giroud---------------------------

pretty decent

There's talk of Wenger wanting to try Sanchez and Walcott up front together, a bit like how Chile lined up at the World Cup which would be nice and exciting. What I don't get is what are the top managers' fascinations with big donkey strikers these days. Some supposedly great managers are playing with what looks like pretty useless players like Giroud, Fred and now Spain with Costa. OK so they say it's to make the ball stick when it goes up but look how Low has utilised Muller and Klinsmann has ditched Altidore, the Germans again are defo showing us how it's done. I would think a more skilful player would be more dangerous for the opposition than a player with no first touch. One exception is Mourinho who somehow knows exactly how to use a big man and he's got Costa now. I thought Chelsea were favourites last year and this year they are head and shoulders ahead of the pack. City are a clear second and then there's a rabble of Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal. Tottenham have a very slim chance if they have a miracle season. Everton have had their miracle season and now they've got no chance thanks to losing players and extra Europa games.

Also Germany must have 9 fingers on the trophy already right? It will take Mascherano's heroics again and Messi to turn up in a big way for Argentina to have any chance cos their attack just hasn't got going at all, and they need Di Maria back.

Oh right that explains a lot, I thought Altidore was injured but then he said he would play and then he didn't for the rest of the tournament lol! So add Klinsmann to the list of managers using a donkey up front.

Imanalt

Yeah altidore and johansson were both injured which was part of why the US played so defensively for most of the tournament... When your best healthy striker is wondolowski... and we saw what he did against belgium...

Anyways to me the big thing with the teams playing two players who aren't really CFs up top though is that theyre usually played with a number 10 who can score goals behind, so its really just like a 4-3-3 where your false 9 keeps dropping deeper until we call him a 10. I've been arguing for a while that thats what argentina has been playing this wc, more of a 4-4-2 diamond than a 4-3-3...

Not sure Arsenal has the right player to do this, because although cazorla and ozil are both fine #10s, they arent exactly big goal threats themselves. Teams i could see doing this would be more like a United if they didnt have RVP w/ rooney playing the 10, that type of thing

So, FIFA dismissed Suárez's appeal and he won't be able to play the first games. I assume he'll still be transferred to Barça, right?

When can I expect to see Matuidi and Zúñiga in prison? If we're gonna compare sentences, of course.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
The Suarez is deal is official as per Goal, he will join Barcelona for €88 million. Let the biting resume! (after his ban expires ofc)

Liverpool's fans will hope that they don't waste this money in the same way that Spurs squandered the profits from Bale's sale. They are reportedly on the brink of completing a triple swoop on Markovic, Lovren and Origi.

Holy ballz Sanchez is for real!!! AAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! GET IN MY SON!

Also I like the new Arsenal shirt, the first one I like in a while, if I get a part time job next semester I might decide to retire my old one and invest :) new season excitement!

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
let go of Sanchez and got Suarez...

Am I the only one feeling Barca was left poorer off in this exchange.

Liverpool's fans will hope that they don't waste this money in the same way that Spurs squandered the profits from Bale's sale. They are reportedly on the brink of completing a triple swoop on Markovic, Lovren and Origi.
Looks like they already are, top 3 player in the world for origi.

Neymar ---Messi---Suarez

front 3 is amazing

I just feel like Barca should've focused on securing their midfield and defence for the future because their attack was already very good. But Suarez will improve them so it's up to them I guess! Real Madrid also sound like they want to lose quality players and I don't understand why: Di Maria, Khedeira, Benzema, Casillas not to mention the youngsters and they lost Ozil and Higuain last year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)