RU C&C Index: look here if you need to reserve an analysis

Sapphire.

Es gibt Licht, wo immer Sie sind
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure if I'm really doing this right, i'm new, but,

can i do a Furfrou analysis? I see your points, Molk, but Furfrou has a few tricks up its sleeve I'd like to help shed some light on
Another person already asked that, and the response was no. Do you really think they would say yes to the same question? lol :I

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
OK, so a few of the QC members discussed some of the Pokemon recently brought up, and here's what we got:

Archeops is a go. Tagging Seismitoad as he was the one wanting to do this one
Sneasal got a no. We believe that it's generally outclassed by Zoroark as an offensive Dark-type atm
Volbeat and Articuno. We were a bit split on these two, with most of us (including myself) wanting a little more time with them before we make an official decision. Leaning yes on Volbeat. Leaning no on Articuno.
Lilligant: Only one we didn't get to, so hopefully we'll have a decision on this one soon

Updated the OP to reflect the completion of Togetic and Ferroseed. Props to Sapphire. and The Shellder Smuggler for getting them done fairly quickly, and of course, fleurdyleurse and horyzhnz for GP'ing them quickly and efficiently as well.

EnerG218 , since nobody else has said anything, I'm giving you an extra 24 hours as of this post to get the skeleton for Gurdurr up or at least tell me (or another QC member) what's up with it.

I also hope to get with the rest of the QC Team to discuss all the Pokemon that have recently been brought up in the thread and hopefully come to a difinitive conclusion on most, if not, all of them. Until then, keep up the good work guys!
Ok... sorry to be a bother lol, but I really wanted to do Gurdurr =). Also, I'd be happy to do Articuno, if that's alright.

Ok just saying should dugtrio be dropped because it has been reserved forever I call dibs :I

EnerG218

Actually maybe ariados could be good since leavanny is getting one?

Dropping throh taking kabutops
I'll allow it but please don't drop and reserve a Pokemon in the same post again. It's a bit unfair to people who wanted to work on Throh or want to work on Kabutops.

What are your thoughts on me taking on Gurdurr and Articuno?
Someone is already doing Articuno, it's just the viability question. I haven't talked to anyone about Gurdurr yet.

I'll contact people who haven't posted their analyses yet be patient seesh

Links to Furfrou being used in battle:

Why use Furfrou?
Furfrou has a very unique ability Fur Coat, which halves all physical damage done to it. it also has Cotton Guard in its movepool, which raises the defense stat 3 stages.

So, with just one boost from cotton guard, Impish nature and 252 EVs in defense we can easily take a few hits
252+ Atk Life Orb Reckless Hitmonlee High Jump Kick vs. +3 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 136-161 (38.4 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. +3 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 39-46 (11 - 12.9%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252+ Atk Metagross Meteor Mash vs. +3 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 33-39 (9.3 - 11%) -- possibly the worst move ever

On top of this, being a Normal type pokemon, Furfrou has an extremely wide movepool. Access to Sucker Punch and Retaliate make it excellent Revenge killer. Its ability to take almost any physical attack lets it easily dish out a good Return or two with a so-so attack stat of 80.

If you put a choice band on Furfrou you can hit really hard with Retaliate or Sucker Punch.
252+ Atk Choice Band Furfrou Retaliate vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 283-334 (79.2 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Furfrou Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 166-196 (45.6 - 53.8%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO

Which makes Furfrou great for picking off pokemon you've worn down.

Now, it may not look like it, but Furfrou can actually be viable as a special attacker. A base SpAtt stat of 65 looks pretty unusable, but it has access to Charge Beam, which gives it a 70% chance of raising its special attack each time its used. With its Fur Coat ability and given an Assault Vest, Furfrou can take hits while Charge Beaming and Echoed Voicing its way to glory. That paired with U-Turn makes it great for chipping away at the opponents team and scoping out for your team with U-Turn. It can even learn Surf, how could you argue with Electric/Water coverage?

Reactions: Muk
I'm sorry, I don't really know how to put that all into a show/hide, if a moderator wants to do that so I'm not taking up so much space :/

Reactions: Muk
Links to Furfrou being used in battle:

Why use Furfrou?
Furfrou has a very unique ability Fur Coat, which halves all physical damage done to it. it also has Cotton Guard in its movepool, which raises the defense stat 3 stages.

So, with just one boost from cotton guard, Impish nature and 252 EVs in defense we can easily take a few hits
252+ Atk Life Orb Reckless Hitmonlee High Jump Kick vs. +3 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 136-161 (38.4 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. +3 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 39-46 (11 - 12.9%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252+ Atk Metagross Meteor Mash vs. +3 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 33-39 (9.3 - 11%) -- possibly the worst move ever

On top of this, being a Normal type pokemon, Furfrou has an extremely wide movepool. Access to Sucker Punch and Retaliate make it excellent Revenge killer. Its ability to take almost any physical attack lets it easily dish out a good Return or two with a so-so attack stat of 80.

If you put a choice band on Furfrou you can hit really hard with Retaliate or Sucker Punch.
252+ Atk Choice Band Furfrou Retaliate vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 283-334 (79.2 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Furfrou Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 166-196 (45.6 - 53.8%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO

Which makes Furfrou great for picking off pokemon you've worn down.

Now, it may not look like it, but Furfrou can actually be viable as a special attacker. A base SpAtt stat of 65 looks pretty unusable, but it has access to Charge Beam, which gives it a 70% chance of raising its special attack each time its used. With its Fur Coat ability and given an Assault Vest, Furfrou can take hits while Charge Beaming and Echoed Voicing its way to glory. That paired with U-Turn makes it great for chipping away at the opponents team and scoping out for your team with U-Turn. It can even learn Surf, how could you argue with Electric/Water coverage?
This is not exactly what I meant, one of the users in the videos is pimpnite who of which is well known for making shit pokemon (somehow) work. The thing is that you need to think before you post which I never did when I had the amount of posts you did and it got me to be the laughing stock of the ou community(one of the reasons I don't play ou) I suggest that you lurk a little bit more in the forums or get a mentor in the mentorship program. You are very bold for posting this but furfrou is sadly not viable in anyway in RU. Sorry for being blunt but I see a lot of potential in you! Also welcome to smogon :)

Prove me wrong with replays against skilled players and a detailed description of why it shouldn't get an analysis
Um, just pointing out that most of these are prolly battles in OU/UU. While it would show the viability of the doge of in those tiers, it doesn't reflect at all back on how useful it would be in RU, where the most common physical attacker in Lee forces it out fairly easily on top of being set up bait for most ghost types. And I'm really, REALLY iffy on going on youtube battles as a basis for your case.

Finally, flawed argument lol.

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
one of the players in one of those replays uses a GLOOM. no offense, but i woudn't exactly call that a good sign of skill.

also so this post isn't useless i am still working on braviary and magneton, they will be qc ready in the next few days
Hooray for Murica Burd!

Uh what the heck Arikado I tried to reserve Volbeat a few pages back? Im not sure what you said on irc but i'd like to have it if I could since I brought it up and have no analysis. I made a huge argument for it, I'd appreciate if I could have it :(

horyzhnz

[10:02:17 AM] flcl: its hory xD
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
dude this is seriously not helping your case. you provide reasons as to WHY something can be used in this tier, not reasons why it shouldn't be. furfrou was not on the reservation index, and furfrou does not even have a spot on the RU viability ranking, so its viability is already really sketchy. you need to show the QC team why it should even be used in ru at all.

after watching those videos, i can say that every single opponent played like ass. in the last video, the guy tried to toxic a gengar, and his opponent even tried to use SHADOW BALL ON A NORMAL-TYPE. also, furfrou cannot be a revenge killer and a wall at the same time; two jobs that it both can't do well at due to shitty offensive stats and lack of resistances + recovery as well as status and that fact that special attackers exist. choice band furfrou sucks because sucker punch / retaliate / wild charge / u-turn is horrible coverage, and common steel, rock, and ground-types wall you hard unless you run the almighty rock smash, and even then you can't really do anything to them. furfrou as a physical wall is pretty damn good, but it just gets completely wasted by special attackers. also the special set sucks too; all of its attacks are still weak as hell, even at +1.

maybe if you actually suggested a set instead of theorymonning, people might actually try furfrou out, and if you change their minds, you could go do your furfrou analysis.

not QC so i might be out of place, just coming from someone who is bummed that half my notifs here came from people arguing back and forth about a single pokemon that wasn't even considered viable in the first place. like goddamn man, did you even read the page before you where all these excellent arguments of why not to use furfrou were presented by other posters? if so, counter their points; saying 'oh it gets fur coat and it can be a good revenge killer and it can use a special set' doesn't offset the fact that normal is a shit defensive typing for a wall unless it's a pink blob, it has no reliable means of recovery or cleric, and it is hopelessly outclassed by almost every other wall in terms of utility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)