Ladder Balanced Hackmons

Sorry for having a busy summer -_-

But in all seriousness, there are things that I really need to do this summer, and this is lower on my priority. Also, it is going to be a Challenge Cup style thing where things get random moves and abilities, because it would be too hard to make suggested sets for everything.

Edit: I haven't been active here because Smogon decided to stop notifying me when a reply was sent to a post I was in. Gonna figure out how to turn that back on.

Last edited:
From what I could gather, that was two Ice Cubes (Both the Shell Smash variant), one Illusion Perish Song Gengar with Gengarite, one Illusion ? that was probably Chandelure, one Subpass Giratina and a Heatran.

Naturally, this means we all need to post our favourite Illusion sets in order to make everything more confusing.

Bigmouth (Mawile) @ Mawilite
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Shell Smash
- Play Rough
- Sacred Sword

Surprise! (Kyurem-W) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Illusion
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Blue Flare
- Switcheroo
- Infestation

As with all Illusionists, pairing them with a helpful partner at the beginning of the match is very useful. I've been using Mega Gardevoir for the first, as it both has a reason to be using Shell Smash and an excuse for being un-Trick-able (Namely Gardevoirite as seemingly everyone has forgotten about Mail) as well as sharing a common immunity. Plus, you're not much more likely than anything else to take a Fire- or Ground-type move to the face, an issue I was having with the previous partner. (Mega Scizor for the curious)

The second I've been pairing with Darmanitan-Z, which is a bit of an issue in that you tend to attract a number of Kyogre switchins. On the other hand you also attract a lot of Yveltal and that's always a bonus. Giving a Scarf to an annoying wall is always a plus too, though you have to be careful of accidentally giving yourself a Toxic Orb.

Having a set that the other Pokemon could convincingly use is a bit of an issue (As you'll probably be wanting to catch people off-guard) so setup moves that are shared between sets or moves like Blue Flare that the partner could conceivably use are important. As is not being an idiot- a Giratina is fully capable of living a hit from a non set up Mawile and Knock Off will break the illusion just as thoroughly as a V-Create from a MM2X.

And, even though the Illusion covers the initial possibility of an Imposter, having a self-check is a must (Especially for the setup Mawile). I've been using the Unaware Darm-Z set as a check for both, though Flash Fire Mega Scizor checks Kyurem and Aegislash stops Mawile.

(I should also probably stop using brackets quite so much, there's far too many of them here)

After watching Kit Kasai's Illusion team, I decided that it looked too fun to pass up and decided to make my own version of the team (with the same format, of course, but Kyurem-W instead of Kyurem-B and Xerneas and Medicham instead of Gengar). I have to say that it's a very effective strategy, especially when the other team doesn't really try to abuse hazards too often.

However, to add a little flavor to the mindgames, I added a "fun" little arceus set that has trolled many people.

Arceus-Dark @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Dark Void / Leech Seed / King's Shield / Spiky Shield

This thing is so fun to use. It utilizes Arceus's "type confusion", which basically means that no matter which arceus form you select, if you don't have a plate and the ability multitype, arceus's type is automatically normal. So what this set does, step by step, is: First, it chooses Arceus-Dark as your base form. This is what everyone else will see. Next, it uses Multitype and Spooky Plate to turn its ACTUAL typing into ghost. This is used to trick opponents into using fighting and bug moves, giving you a free opportunity to set up, unlike mega gengar.
Some players understand the "type confusion" thing and will most likely assume that Arceus-Dark is actually just an Arceus-Normal running a different ability. But that's the beauty of the set. It manages to trick both who know about the type confusion and those who don't know about it. If they think it's Arceus-Normal, they will more often than not go for the fighting move, which you will be immune to, giving you a new opportunity to set up.
Unlike mega gengar, the thing has far more bulk, and an arguably better typing. Just like MegaGar, it can't be impostered by non-plate chansey, and it has perfect neutral coverage.

Not to mention it adds to the confusion and headaches that are already caused by illusion offense.

Illusion adds so much variance into the metagame if used right, it's not competitive and it' unfair imo.
You've obviously been battling Kit Kasai too much lately.

I honestly don't see why you feel this way. Illusion is perfectly balanced due to ability clause making it relatively easy to spot what the two are if you play correctly. If we're allowing stuff like evasion, moody, etc. that are miles more uncompetitive, I think we can live with Illusion

Illusion adds so much variance into the metagame if used right, it's not competitive and it' unfair imo.
Why is it now of all times, when Illusion is barely ever used bar kit. I find it to be sometimes very obvious even though they have the same movesets. You usually think to yourself HEY WHY IS THERE A BELLY DRUMING CHANSEY? Well at that point it is rather obvious that it is an illusion and you can switch into your obligatory giratina while I can switch into my megagar and proceed to stall and take them out quickly respectively.
Edit: WOW R00D!

There's no way to consistently counter an Illusion Pokemon since there's no way to tell what it is (barring minimal deduction, which is not reliable enough.)

There's really no need to dismiss what i'm saying without looking for a shred of merit. After all, I won't simply make such a claim unless I was serious about it.

If you're really going to argue against me, elaborate how I am incorrect.

Why is it now of all times, when Illusion is barely ever used bar kit. I find it to be sometimes very obvious even though they have the same movesets. You usually think to yourself HEY WHY IS THERE A BELLY DRUMING CHANSEY? Well at that point it is rather obvious that it is an illusion and you can switch into your obligatory giratina while I can switch into my megagar and proceed to stall and take them out quickly respectively.
Edit: WOW R00D!
I hate to be rude too, but honestly, as a player, you don't strive to be consistent. Also, your reasoning makes beating Illusion look too easy to even take it seriously. I know everyone loves to hate on me, so I should probably just be completely honest from now on. I'm sorry if I offended you, but i'm really fed up with everyone dismissing everything I say without reason or logic. Additionally, this claim has nothing to do with me being biased towards stall, I doubt this would even affect my overall performance in terms of consistency. Again, I hate to act arrogant and rude, but others have dismissed my claims with the same attitude, so I don't really care. If this post is too unproductive and/or futile, I encourage OM Auth to delete this post.

Last edited:
Well, for anyone who actually used attacks the best way to determine if what you're facing is an Illusion is by hitting it. Or you could just stick an Unaware in there because anti-boosting.

Honestly, I can't believe you're actually making an argument out of this. Yes, you can be caught off-guard but because Illusion is so limited in what it does you're far less likely to be outright defeated by it. The absolute most it can do is punch a hole in your team that you weren't expecting and guess what? it's entirely possible for things that aren't using Illusion to do exactly the same. And when it gets to that point the only real difference is that you can't use Chansey to scout until the Illusion is broken. A trait shared, coincidentally, by the move Substitute.

So if you're going to say a combination of being unexpected and imposterproof is broken, well.

If Illusion gets banned, could Imposters should be nerfed somehow? Seeing that Illusion's one of the less... convoluted methods of sabotaging them. Ability clause is cool and all, but I think Imposter is simply beyond a mere ability. I mean, Trace is essentially "the" meta-ability, but no one uses it because Imposter outclasses it by providing you the same typing, a look at their moveset, indefinitely replenishable PP, whatever stat boosts they had, etc. If the imposter is Chansey, that's essentially playing with double whatever HP they had and improved Defenses. Even without being able to transform, a Chansey can still act as a regular pokemon AND turn others into more defenseless version of a Chansey. I'm not sure there is anything in the game that can provide that much of an advantage. Personally, I'd like to see Imposter confined strictly to Ditto and Pikachu but I can settle for a "One Imposter allowed per team" rule.

I only like Illusion for the sole fact that it hides information about my team. It takes too much preparation for me to use, though. I gotta blend it in with whatever speed tier is appropriate, lest the speed on a non-priority/gale wings attack give it away. It kinda has Shedinja syndrome as well; i.e. "Don't get hit" if you want to use it right. Once it's gone, it's like playing with no ability whatsoever. Even major status will wind up marking you and giving it away. I've only had success with it on people that don't pay close attention.

When in doubt, Volturn. Breaks Illusion and lets you bring in the appropriate response... or fling an Imposter at it if you're one of the players who throws Chansey at everything.

Also worth noting that running Illusion sacrifices the possibility of using a more offensive (Refrigerate) or defensive (Regenerator) ability. Once the Illusion is broken, or you're able to identify it on switch-in because of a status or differences in damage, the Illusion-mon effectively has no ability.

Kit's Mega Gengar Illusion set really triggered this thought, Imposter has no way of stopping it and there's no way of knowing what the Illusion set is. I'm not talking about Illusion Belly Drum, that's easy to stop. I'm talking about intelligent use of Illusion.

I've been testing out a set, and I find it works pretty well.

Wut (Kangaskhan) (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Imposter
Lonely Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Bolt Strike
- Drain Punch

The basic idea for this set is that you transform into the foe and then mega evolve to get the parental bond effect. This allows you to get some easy buffs and then sweep with them. Here's a replay of this set: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-139713512

I've been testing out a set, and I find it works pretty well.

Wut (Kangaskhan) (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Imposter
Lonely Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Bolt Strike
- Drain Punch

The basic idea for this set is that you transform into the foe and then mega evolve to get the parental bond effect. This allows you to get some easy buffs and then sweep with them. Here's a replay of this set: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-139713512
This is good, but I would highly recommend Sacred Fire to beat Shedinja and physical attackers. Also, I don't understand why you have a Lonely nature.

I have created a monstrosity.
Upward Movement (Ho-Oh) @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Copycat
- Leech Seed / Filler
- Sacred Fire / Filler
- Sky Drop
Allow me to explain. Sky Drop, though not often used, is a gimmicky move that allows you to prevent your opponent from attacking. The catch is, they must move after you on the first turn and before you on the second turn in order to be impeded both times. This is normally impossible. However, with a combination of Copycat and Prankster and low speed IVs, you are guaranteed to move first (due to priority) on the first turn, and then move second on the second turn (if the opponent is slower than you [which they usually are]). The results are rather interesting, to say the least.

also free illusion 2K14
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)