Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not a bug. Assist can call a move from any Pokemon in the user's party, including fainted Pokemon.
According to the Bulbapedia this shouldn't happen since sticky web is an exception. Unfortunately I cannot test if it does really happens in the X and Y games.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Do not use Bulbapedia as a source, because it's not reliable. Either use a site such as Veekun or provide ingame proof of this (by finding an ingame video that shows it, seeing as you can't test it yourself).

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Using INFESTATION in the XY Battle Spot tier only results in the opponent being trapped for 2 turns instead of 4-5
Did your opponent hold a Shed Shell? Was your opponent a Ghost type? If either of these cases was true, they may have decided just to not switch out.

read carefully, it thaws the user not the target
I've been doing in-game testing because the Scald thawing opponents debate on a lot of forums, and Scald has proven to always thaw out an opponent (Out of 10 freezes all 10 unthawed after using scald)

I tested this in Victory Road, using a Slowbro (lvl 50 Relaxed) against Gurdurr, Lickitung, and Zwelious. All of these pokemon were 8 levels higher, and had a higher speed then me.

I hit them with ice beam, and on rare occasion they froze. All ten of these times, the Pokémon outsped, and the message "The opposing ______ is frozen solid, and the covered with ice animation displayed.
I then used Scald, and the opposing Pokémon always thawed out after using Scald at the end of my turn.

I am confident in XY Scald thaws out the opponent Pokemon.

I forgot to save the replay but Magic Guard on Clefairy prevented it from being put to sleep by Yawn from Slowbro. It stayed in a perpetual drowsy state.

I don't know if this counts as a bug, or just something wrong on the database, but shuckle is listed as RU in the team builder, but can't be used in the RU metagame because he "is in BL2"

Spotted a possible calcing error. Was a pretty severe margin. Replay below - occurred on turn 26:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-140180481

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 216-254 (57.7 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Even in a worst case scenario, a Specs Secret Sword from a fully invested Keldo should still do well over 50% to a fully Def invested Porygon2. Except nobody really runs Def Porygon2, and my opponent told me after the match that his was no exception. My best guess would be that because Knock Off was used on a couple of my other Pokemon, Keldeo was registered as having lost its specs even though it wasn't one of them. Below is a calc to somewhat prove this suggestion:

252 SpA Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 156-186 (41.7 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

This assumes full Def investment Modest Nature or something but it's the only type of spread I can think of that really makes sense, considering that even without Specs, Keldeo will ALWAYS 2HKO a non-Def invested Porygon2 with Secret Sword.

Was kind of a big deal in this match, even though I still won it - definitely worth looking into.

This happened to me during a random doubles battle this morning: http://imgur.com/X3K9hNG Poor Meowstic-F lol. This was the first time I've seen a broken image like that. I was playing in https if that helps.

I also would like to mention a huge graphic issue in double battles... users are unable to view their right-side pokemon's stats upon mouseover.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Watching a triples battle when this happened.

Look very closely at Teddiursa's left ear. See something a bit wrong?
Later in the battle, Magnezone was sent in and there was no cut-off, so it might just be something with Teddiursa.
Darn that model will never get accepted at SMWC

Watching a triples battle when this happened.

Look very closely at Teddiursa's left ear. See something a bit wrong?
Later in the battle, Magnezone was sent in and there was no cut-off, so it might just be something with Teddiursa.
Darn that model will never get accepted at SMWC
Issues with sprites should be posted in this thread

I'm not sure if this counts as a bug or not, it's more of a legality issue. Basically, since all Pokemon in X and Y in the "None" egg group are guaranteed at least 3 of their IVs to be 31 if found in the wild, it is impossible for any KB legendary to have Hidden Power Fighting. This is because the only legal HP Fighting IV spreads are:
Odd/Odd/Even/Even/Even/Even
Odd/Even/Even/Even/Even/Even
Even/Odd/Even/Even/Even/Even
Even/Even/Odd/Even/Even/Even

At least 4 IVs have to be even, which is impossible since 3 are guaranteed to be odd.

The thing is, a HP Fighting Xerneas (for example) passes legality checks when trying to start an Ubers battle on the ladder, even though based on the above info it should not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)