Cryogonal @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Freeze-Dry
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Ground]
Wouldn't it be better to run Life Orb though as cryo isn't incredibly strong and can Recover off the damage anyway.

when we are on the topic of Cryo, what is the best offensive RS set to run?
Unless your team is already mega weak to ice, I'd recommend Cryo > Sandslash on hyper offence. Cryo has a great base speed it can abuse on H-O, and it can even do some work itself with an offensive rapid spin set [Freeze-Dry, HP Ground, Rapid Spin, Recover?]. Just a thought.

no but most mons in d-rank are d-rank because they either suck or they're outclassed. the trick is to find a niche that no other pokemon in the tier can do as well (but make sure the niche is actually useful). using dusclops bcos OMG BULK doesn't count as a niche, for example. using camerupt as a check to fire-spam + other random stuff does count. stuff like marowak on a sticky web team also counts; it's d-rank because it needs that support but if you can give it the support it can work.
Where can I find the letter ranks of pokes. I am HIGHLY CURIOUS.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Audino and Lickilicky have excellent sinergy and cover the special threats Granbull struggles with
One thing to note is that audino gets regenerator which means it doesn't always need to keep the wish, it can pass it instead. While I was using licky I found that most of the time when I wished on the switch I ended up keeping the wish so I could switch in later and not be 2HKOd. On the other hand licky has the ability to break subs with body slam and can dtail anyone that try's to set up on it, while audino struggles to break subs with double edge. Just something to keep in mind while using both of them. Although if you are using granbull for heal bell you can run encore with audino to stop set up sweepers with a little bit of prediction.

0 Atk Audino Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 109-129 (28.3 - 33.5%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO
0 Atk Lickilicky Body Slam vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 102-121 (26.5 - 31.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Well actually, Audino can break subs better than licky :x.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
0 Atk Audino Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 109-129 (28.3 - 33.5%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO
0 Atk Lickilicky Body Slam vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 102-121 (26.5 - 31.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Well actually, Audino can break subs better than licky :x.
With double edge, which means you get recoil which could be a problem, where as licky can go with a slightly weaker stab that can spread paralysis around on the enemy team, as opposed to going with return which will do more than double edge. Pretty much I'm saying licky has more raw power (because you can also run offensive licky also anyone who runs AV on licky is crippling a Pokemon that likes access to wish/protect or swords dance and is being pretty dumb) and you are comparing a base 85 power move to a 120 base power move, so the fact that your calcs are pretty similar says something.

Also on a completely unrelated side note for body slam: If the target has used Minimize, Body Slam will never miss and its base power is doubled. (This is only relevant for Battle spot, just found it cool)

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Why are some of us who signed up in the premier league not on a team
Because you / others were not drafted. Make a name for yourself by playing well on the ladder, posting intelligent thoughts here on the forums, etc - managers would be silly to take a risk by buying a completely random person (ie they have no knowledge of their skills whatsoever) for their team.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
OP of NUPL said:
With the success and rework of the format from last years iteration of the Neverused Premier League we're once again opening the gates for your chance to once again play amongst NU's greatest players!
I realize the OP wasn't really detailed, but it's also implied from the tournament it's based off of, where Smogon's "best" players are drafted onto teams to play for an official trophy. Not everyone makes it into the "premier" tournaments. Don't feel too bitter about it - there will be plenty more opportunities to play in tournaments in our forums (and even an official NU Open in the coming months!). None of these other ones are selective, so you'll be able to participate to your heart's content. :)

SPACE FORCE meeps

LAW & ORDER!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
why use a spread made for bw2 ru i dont get it, the spread is used for surviving 3 eq from band archeops, which is uncommon on archeops (i've never actually seen it) and 3 close combat from scarf primeape, which is rather uncommon and steelix generally has partners to beat primeape anyways. steelix has great physical bulk and really doesn't need any investment, as it is still countering/checking pokemon with or without significant defensive investment (archeops, swellow, klinklang, slurpluff, liepard, etc, golem and zangoose may be the only pokemon in which phys def is more effective, and spiritomb which is a great partner to steelix checks both of them effectively). the special bulk helps steelix take on some mixed attackers and some special attackers better, the evs you provided has a decent chance of being 2hko'd by mixed shiftry, a specially defensively steelix is not 3hko'd by mixed shiftry, piling that up with life orb damage, stealth rock damage, and a gyro ball from steelix takes shiftry down to very low hp with a low chance of koing it, and shiftry may not be able to get off a defog due to this, it seems rather hypothetical but i've had the situation occur to me a few times. specs gothorita also cant 2hko steelix, while steelix has a solid chance to 2hko with earthquake if goth is running no hp investment. other stuff which the special defense investment is useful for are cryogonal, mismagius, and some calm mind setters to an extent, taking less damage from them before phazing them out

why use a spread made for bw2 ru i dont get it, the spread is used for surviving 3 eq from band archeops, which is uncommon on archeops (i've never actually seen it) and 3 close combat from scarf primeape, which is rather uncommon and steelix generally has partners to beat primeape anyways. steelix has great physical bulk and really doesn't need any investment, as it is still countering/checking pokemon with or without significant defensive investment (archeops, swellow, klinklang, slurpluff, liepard, etc, golem and zangoose may be the only pokemon in which phys def is more effective, and spiritomb which is a great partner to steelix checks both of them effectively). the special bulk helps steelix take on some mixed attackers and some special attackers better, the evs you provided has a decent chance of being 2hko'd by mixed shiftry, a specially defensively steelix is not 3hko'd by mixed shiftry, piling that up with life orb damage, stealth rock damage, and a gyro ball from steelix takes shiftry down to very low hp with a low chance of koing it, and shiftry may not be able to get off a defog due to this, it seems rather hypothetical but i've had the situation occur to me a few times. specs gothorita also cant 2hko steelix, while steelix has a solid chance to 2hko with earthquake if goth is running no hp investment. other stuff which the special defense investment is useful for are cryogonal, mismagius, and some calm mind setters to an extent, taking less damage from them before phazing them out
So the best spread is 252HP, 252Sdef 4Atk with Sassy nature?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)