Other Here we go again... AGAIN - The Third Task (Complete & Punishments Posted)

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
At last, it is time to resume the competition that I named "Here we go again... AGAIN", which we all prefer calling "bassgame 3". Before I start the third task, I would like to congratulate the ten remaining players for making it this far!

Fearless Fighters:
1. Da Letter El
2. Steven Snype
3. jumpluff
4. billymills
5. Pidge
6. LightWolf
7. Celever
8. kingofmars
9. PokeguyNXB
10. Ace Emerald

Your third task will be… a mafia game!? While this entire competition is a testament to the fact that there is more to Circus Maximus than just mafia games, I couldn’t help myself wanting to make one of my own tasks a small mafia game in of itself. But worry not! The game will be a free for all just like all of the other tasks so far. And the best part? There will be bidding. Lots of it. The previous task should have been a good warm up in this regard, because this time you will not be bidding on mere gold coins, but on the mafia roles themselves! Approaching this task halfheartedly will NOT be acceptable, and if my previous games were any indication, expect more brutal punishments. But I also hope you have fun. Anyway, let’s hop to it!
  • This task will take place on an anonymous mafia forum, courtesy of jumpluff. Because an anonymous game with only 10 players would be rather boring, I have decided to give each of you two aliases.
  • Each player will start with $1000 for bidding purposes. For their excellent performance in the second task, jumpluff, Da Letter El, and Steven Snype will start with $1300.
  • Unlike typical mafia games, this one will have three phases: Day, Evening, and Night.
  • The Day and Night phases are equivalent to their standard mafia counterparts. During the Evening, you will PM me bids on various mafia roles, which will be listed in a separate thread on the anonymous forum.
  • While there will be multiple available roles that do the same thing, you can assume that each one will have a unique flavor associated with it. See the roles thread for more details.
  • Roles will be classified into primary (ie, typical mafia roles) and secondary (much more situational or specific roles)
  • For the purposes of this game, your two aliases are separate entities. In other words, you can bid on up to two primary and secondary roles, one for each alias.
  • I did state that this is a free-for-all game, but I never said that I won’t let you help each other! During the evening, you may alternatively use one of your bids to support another player’s bid. For example, if player A bids $100 on role X and you support his or her bid with $200, then player A’s bid effectively becomes $300 on role X.
  • On all evenings besides the first, I will award all players an extra $200.
  • Any role that you successfully earn through bidding during the evening will remain yours until the following evening. However unlike in the previous task, you will not earn any money if other players bid on the role you currently have. For all intents and purposes, the ownership of all roles will reset upon the start of an evening.
  • At the beginning of each night, I will reveal which roles had bids on them.
  • When an alias is killed, the smogon username associated with it will be revealed.
  • You may request a private forum at any time. I will also grant or remove access to it for any other alias on request.
  • During the day, instead of normal votes, there will also be bidding! In other words, the weight of your vote will be determined by the quantity of your bid.
    • For example, if player A tries to lynch C for $300 and player B tries to lynch C for $100, then C would have $400 worth of “votes”.
    • You may post bids using more money than you currently own, but they will not count. This could still be useful for deception purposes.
    • All bids must be in increments of $10 during the day!
  • I will eliminate and punish the first five players who die (ie, both of their aliases are dead). If you manage to survive with both of your aliases, I will grant you an advantage in the next task.
Welcome to Bid Mafia!

As usual, asking me questions as well as collaborating with others is encouraged. But I am sure you all know that by now. The deadline for the first phase, Evening 0, will be on July 11th at 10 PM MT.

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
This should go without saying, but DO NOT REVEAL YOUR ALIAS TO ANYONE ITG. DOING SO WILL RESULT IN YOUR IMMEDIATE DEATH AND ELIMINATION. This is literally just here for Pokeguy to see.

I'll be getting on IRC for a little while in 5 ish minutes, so contact me there.

Bass

Brother in arms
Added a few clarifications:
-Investigator only gives you bidding history for the previous evening
-I have revealed the priorities for each role

Bass

Brother in arms
It has come to my attention that guests were unable to see the public forums. I have fixed this, so everyone should be able to spectate the game.

If you want full access (ie, able to see private forums), then please PM me. I will grant these requests on a case by case basis.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
The link won't work for me.
Also:
This should go without saying, but DO NOT REVEAL YOUR ALIAS TO ANYONE ITG. DOING SO WILL RESULT IN YOUR IMMEDIATE DEATH AND ELIMINATION. This is literally just here for Pokeguy to see.
Gee thanks. I've obviously learned from my past mistakes by now. (i.e. space wars 2)

Celever

i am town
Hi everyone, if you are planning on purchasing a Hitman role, please contact me. Timezones are awkward and I'm saying this kinda late in the game so if I am not online please contact me via a smogon conversation and I will be able to arrange something with you. To win in this game we need the most deaths of other people's aliases possible, so it would be best to coordinate our role selections for the hitmen at the very least. If possible, could you also tell me how much you are bidding for said role? It is not imperative or really needed, but it helps for a long-term game plan! :)

If anyone is interested in a supported bid for killing someone, probably contact me before the day ends (AEST) (I'm sick and slept 12 hours last night, no promises I can be on for deadline). I pretty much just want to see people die, so yeah, don't be shy.

Bass

Brother in arms
One note: For those of you who are collaborating on your bids, I should note that only bids sent to me in private (or any other action for that matter) will count.

Bass

Brother in arms
Unfortunately I am very tired right now (didn't sleep last night) and won't be on to update. Many others have also expressed difficulty in finding time to plan their bids due to various circumstances, so I am extending the deadline by another day.

Bass

Brother in arms
I have sent all results for Evening 0 via smogon PM. The deadline for Night 0 will be on July 14th at 10 PM MT, but please be sure to check the forums for the list of roles that will be in play tonight.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I have a hitman. I am going to kill Frank Sinatra unless someone convinces me otherwise. I know there are no BGs out there so if you don't want to die then please PM me so we can work together.

I still can't access the site :(. Seriously I don't want to suffer a punishment for technical limitations.
Celever said you needed a specific type of link. Therefore it would be helpful if you told us the model of your ereader so we could try to figure it out instead of repeatedly reminding us you can't access it (we're all using computers, so we can't exactly reproduce your problem).

That or have Bass PM you the contents of the forum.

Bass

Brother in arms
I hate to say this but I am offering another day long extension. Between being very busy with work today and missing quite a few actions, I am not in a good position to update.

Celever

i am town
Sorry everyone but my computer broke (only a temporary problem but still one I can't fix realistically) and my iPad isn't letting me IRC on it for whatever reason, as it has been letting me do it before. As such I will have to contact people via smogon conversations as opposed to via IRC. Please do not ignore me and treat it like an IRC message from me... They're p much the same thing! >~>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)