Video Games that Need a Sequel/Prequel

Mia Wallace

Banned deucer.
Title says it all, Video Games that need a Sequel or Prequel. There are tons of them, so let's discuss them.

Legend of Dragoon, desperately needs a Sequel/Prequel or HD remake. This game was heavily overshadowed by FFVII but was superior to it in ways. Rumors of a Sequel were always being leaked but nothing ever came from it. A lot of Fans are still waiting for the Sequel rumors to come true..

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus: Yeah, We all know that " The Last Guardian " Is going to conclude this epic Trilogy but...where's the actual game. We were given a trailer years ago and every E3 since have seen or heard nothing about it's development. A lot of people speculate the game has been canceled and Sony doesn't want to let fans know because, well, they wouldn't be considered fans anymore.

Call of Duty 4:Modern Warfare: Seriously, Where's Call of Duty 5?

Red Steel : A third Red Steel game would be amazing with the Wii U's more advanced sensing. Red Steel 2 had a lot of weird issues but overall was probably the best sword fighting game for the Wii, And Red Steel had a fantastic plot with amazing gun play and great level design. Would love to see a Wii U sequel/prequel.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Half Life 2 needs a sequel

I def agree about shadow of the Colossus, that game is gorgeous already, the new gens could make something great

The World Ends with You has been sequel-teased since release with nothing more than a piece of art from the iOS port and a couple of halfhearted interview statements released. TWEWY had one of the most innovative and rewarding battle systems on the DS once you overcame its learning curves and was probably the game that most effectively and consistently made use of most of the platform's unique features. It had an engrossing story, high customisability (although, like many other good RPGs, was limited in 'best' damage output strategies), an appropriate and neatly stylised art direction that overcame the ugliness of all the 3D models popular in DS RPGs, and a fantastic soundtrack. What was probably most compelling about TWEWY other than its combat though was its environment and how well it was structured and expressed. Rather than see a Shibuya TWEWY, I'd love to see them expand on the worldbuilding content and explore other zones, which are said to have different game masters and thus add potential for different styles of plot as well as show a new world, and maybe go a little more in-depth with reapers. Even if there were no teasers, I'd consider the franchise to have more potential yet.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Advance Wars Days of Ruin 2 pls.

Also because it was intermittently cancelled, ZE:VLR needs a sequel.

Seconding the TWEWY sequel. That game was amazing and deserves way more love. It had a great battle system and was very complex with a high learning curve which is what made it so much fun.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TWEWY needs a proper sequel. None of this phone shit they had going on, with the biggest cock-tease of a countdown timer with remixed music from the game for a PORT A PORT OF THE GAME!

The biggest logistical problems of course is that certain characters can't/won't appear (as we all know one in particular cannot appear as we remember her). This is especially true for a new city, although we could have a situation like in Pikmin 3 where the former main characters are hinted to be around. But if anyone can capture the same magic twice over it's Jupiter and I think the game has more stories to tell.

Star Fox/Metroid/F-zero are all deserving of sequels and it seems like only Fox will be getting his due, I don't know what Nintendo has against continuing their sci-fi franchises but the lack of true games recently is just criminal.

Eduardo2013

Banned deucer.
I believe that a jak 4 is needed to fully end the jak and daxter series because even though I am a die hard jax and daxter fan , the ending to the triology was subpar which was disappointment and being able to implement the ps4 graphics and trophies and online connectivity would be amazing. The only problem is if they take away from the spriting and make it way too realistic like how they had planned to do it.

Seconding the TWEWY sequel. That game was amazing and deserves way more love. It had a great battle system and was very complex with a high learning curve which is what made it so much fun.
I'd rather the original Advance Wars series get another sequel over DoR, DoR was meh for me, took out all the CO diversity and powers, and kind of a moody story too.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Demon's Souls could use a sequel that's not a spiritual successor, that would give me enough reason to get back to it and finish it lol.

Kid Icarus also definitely needs another game in the series. It's perfect for the WiiU, but for some reason Sakurai doesn't want to do it.

In fact, a lot of Nintendo franchises could use new games in the series.. F-Zero, Metroid, Star Fox, Mach Rider, And I want my proper WiiU Fire Emblem :[ and it has to sell well so the series doesn't end.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I'd rather the original Advance Wars series get another sequel over DoR, DoR was meh for me, took out all the CO diversity and powers, and kind of a moody story too.
True, but I liked the fact that they played it out realistically (to an extent) as opposed to just making war all "happy-go-lucky." The nitty gritty is what made me enjoy it. Also beyond some COs being just a tad broken in online play, at least they were not original AW broken, where you had Super Powers that could basically turn what could be a win into an utter loss in just a single turn.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

(all of this)

Square Enix:

Make a sequel to The World Ends With You

Time Limit: 18 months.

Fail, and face erasure

-The Reapers

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure if this counts, and it probably will never happen, but I would love to see a proper sequel to Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Paper Mario is a fantastic series and is worth of a ton of praise (outside of Sticker Star), but the cast of characters in SMRPG is really something unique, and although the battle system is largely outdated (though helped the foundation of RPG's), it still is a very entertaining game that overcomes its simplicity. Humor in RPG's is lacking lately as well. A shame that Nintendo and (now) Square-Enix won't collaborate together any time soon, but one can hope...

Other than that, I'd also love to see a Mischief Makers reboot, a Kirby's Dream Course sequel, a Metroid Prime: Hunters sequel (seriously, those other bounty hunters were too cool to just drop), a Pokemon Snap sequel - I could go on.

Last edited:

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Same with Darkslay, I doubt this will happen (mostly because it never got off the ground in the first place), but I have always craved a sequel to Chrono Cross/third game in the Chrono Trigger series.

Mia Wallace

Banned deucer.
I believe that a jak 4 is needed to fully end the jak and daxter series because even though I am a die hard jax and daxter fan , the ending to the triology was subpar which was disappointment and being able to implement the ps4 graphics and trophies and online connectivity would be amazing. The only problem is if they take away from the spriting and make it way too realistic like how they had planned to do it.
I was VERY upset with how poorly they covered their time paradox plot holes..Very poor and disorganized. I'm certain the writing team focused more on making the ending to the third game not crash down hard. For a huge portion of the third game I was just baffled with how they were explaining the whole "Destiny" thing and how Jak could well...you know...and how Jak was...well...you know. Also 10/10 cliche Father/Son Bond moment for 3 seconds.
I think I'd be happier seeing an entirely new game in the Jak Universe. An open world RPG Feeling game would be fantastic. I mean, it'd pretty much be knock off Fallout, but hey it'd still be rad. Imagine being able to explore every nook and cranny of the city, wasteland, all the mentioned islands and what not. It'd be great. They give us this huge universe but only tease us with mission exclusive sights of those areas.

Can't have enough Mass Effect
As long as EA isn't involved. I believe Bioware mentioned something about EA not having a large involvement in the next Mass Effect game. If that's true then I'm excited.

An Advance Wars sequel set in Wars World with the Days of Ruin mechanics (given that DoR is much more balanced than BHR/Dual Strike in particular) would be great.

Also Super Mario Sunshine 2 would be nice and TTYD needs a 3DS port (given Sticker Star isn't a Paper Mario RPG)

EDIT: F-ZERO GX. THAT NEEDS A SEQUEL TOO.

Mia Wallace

Banned deucer.
An Advance Wars sequel set in Wars World with the Days of Ruin mechanics (given that DoR is much more balanced than BHR/Dual Strike in particular) would be great.

Also Super Mario Sunshine 2 would be nice and TTYD needs a 3DS port (given Sticker Star isn't a Paper Mario RPG)

EDIT: F-ZERO GX. THAT NEEDS A SEQUEL TOO.
Am I the only one who wasn't really a fan of Super Mario Sunshine?

No. Sunshine is probably the most love it or hate it of the 3D Mario games. I can personally say that I would definitely play a Sunshine that expanded the FLUDDless levels to be equal to the FLUDD levels.

Also TWEWY2 would be nice

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
oh holy SHIT I forgot about Conker's Bad Fur Day, that might be my favorite game of all time. I shudder to think of what a sequel may look like though, I'm afraid it would be one of those soul-crushing, shitting-on-the-original sequels we see so often

Mia Wallace

Banned deucer.
oh holy SHIT I forgot about Conker's Bad Fur Day, that might be my favorite game of all time. I shudder to think of what a sequel may look like though, I'm afraid it would be one of those soul-crushing, shitting-on-the-original sequels we see so often
Like every Racing Sequel they make for games because KIDS FUCKING LOVE RACING GAMES AM I RIGH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? SERIOUSLY AM i RIGHT THOUGH?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Also, That's generally why I don't want ( am afraid ) of there ever being a psychonaugts sequel...I feel like it'd be rubbish and come off as trying to hard to be like the original and not focusing on being a sequel.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Why has no one said Pokemon Snap 2? :O It would be awesome using either the 3DS or the WiiU :( We already have all the HQ models and things made... Please GF?

We need a remake or sequel to Tie Fighter and X Wing too. I cant think of many games the the moment which deserve new sequels, because they are mostly stories that have been told and shouldnt be reopened. I'd like another Command and Conquer game, but after the travesty that was 4, I don't think that is going to happen...

Mia Wallace

Banned deucer.
Why has no one said Pokemon Snap 2? :O It would be awesome using either the 3DS or the WiiU :( We already have all the HQ models and things made... Please GF?

We need a remake or sequel to Tie Fighter and X Wing too. I cant think of many games the the moment which deserve new sequels, because they are mostly stories that have been told and shouldnt be reopened. I'd like another Command and Conquer game, but after the travesty that was 4, I don't think that is going to happen...
I'd planned on writing up about Pokemon Snap 2 and how it could easily be a 10/10 Wii U/3DS title. Mainly, the Main serious Pokemon titles have started to become predictable and boring. I'd love to see Nintendo do more with the universe they created, instead of just force new things into it for the sake of making money.
I'd like to See Pokemon Conquest:2 for sure. It was a great game and totally deserving of a sequel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)