Official NBA 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Reports from ESPN are that the Rockets are offering Bosh a 4-year max deal of $96 million. With this and the seemingly strong urge of James to return to Cleveland, Pat Riley has got to be sweating a few bullets right now.

Also apparently Josh McRoberts 4 years $23 million? Had NO idea he was worth that much.

Last edited:
As I've said before, the forming of Big 3 ain't designed to last 5 years... Their low-salaried veteran role players aged, with no safe picks (to have rookie deals with low salary) to compensate. Now that their main guys look for more money, they have nothing but lesser players to offer to be an elite team.

That's why I prefer the Thunder/Spurs (and a little of Mavs') organic way of developing players. They're meant to last 10-15 years.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think the Spurs are the exception that proves the rule. No other team has had such sustained and well-managed talent in decades. The Thunder won't last 10 years IMO. Not with Harden and Sefolosha already gone, injury troubles already for Westbrook and Ibaka, and seemingly no special talent coming in the near future.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
channing frye 4 years 32 million on the magic lgi

edit: MELO TO THE KNICKS 8))))))))))))))
edit2: holy shit melo and lbj are fucking drama queens make up your minds jesus christ

Last edited:
FUCK MIAMI!

As a huge Basketball Fan. This is great news, i always Loved LeBron playing as a Cav. I'm gonna be watching where these Miami Fans go now. More likely, they'll definitely become Cleveland Fans as well. What else can they possibly root for in Miami ? Lol.

LEBROOOOOOOON

With all the shitty twitter reporting that's been going on, I love that SI is the one who broke the news.

This news is not shocking to me at all. I always had a hunch that LeBron felt personally responsible for Cleveland's humiliation and self destruction of themselves these past couple years. What I would like to see happen though is for Dan Gilbert to leave the organization. He has been ridiculously blessed with three number one draft picks (one bust, potentially two since Wiggins hasn't played yet) and an unexpected joining of the King himself, LeBron these past four years. For making such an ass of himself, he should of at least apologized and he himself didn't even apologize to LeBron publicly. To me it shows a lot of character for LeBron to go back to an organization that disowned him in such a way. Kudos to him, as a Celtics fan and a huge NBA nut I tip my hat off to him, even though I still dislike him for various reasons.

In other news, I believe with this news Carmelo has no choice but to go to the Bulls if he wants to win anything in his career while still being a key contributor. With an addition of Carmelo, the Bulls will gain the offensive presence they want with him and now McDermott coming off the bench, and if D-Rose could get healthy again and play at a high level or even be a mediator on offense they could possibly have a very interesting and scary offense running there. Thibodeau being a great coach can get Carmelo to play higher level defense, unlike previous coaches like George Karl and Mike Woodson who praised offense before defense. I believe what the Bulls have already and with an addition of Carmelo could be a lethal team, and I believe that they will be able to overcome the Cavs or mentally frail Pacers in a deep playoff run and possibly make a run at the finals.

Also, with this Lin trade and possible trade of Omer Asik, this Houston Rockets team just maybe the biggest winner in free agency. As much as I love Terrence Jones, there weakest link was definitely the inability to really stretch the floor like they wanted too last season. With the addition of Bosh they now have the true definition of a 'stretch four' and a high caliber player who has been severely under rated in these past four years. An excellent offensive player who can take over games, an excellent defender of power forwards and occasionally centers and a leader on the court who knows what to do in clutch scenarios. I think the Rockets with the starting lineup of Beverly, Harden, Parsons, Bosh and Howard is one of the nastiest and best put together lineups in the league right now and honestly have a great shot of doing some work in the West. I'd say they right now if everything pans out like they want are the second best team in the West behind only the Spurs, and I believe this is a huge nightmare for other teams in the West like the Thunder and Clippers. This season will definitely be one of the best seasons to watch and a real exciting one at that. I can't wait to see how this season pans out.

So...that has to be kinda awkward for Shabazz Napier or whatever his name was. Lebron wanted the Heat to get him, they eventually did, and now no Lebron.

So...that has to be kinda awkward for Shabazz Napier or whatever his name was. Lebron wanted the Heat to get him, they eventually did, and now no Lebron.
Don't forget to mention also that he has been doing poorly to below average in expectation in the summer league because of all the hype LeBron gave him from wanting him as well.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
lol bosh to the heat gj rockets. at least they got rid of that retarded jeremy lin contract albeit with a first round pick

lol bosh to the heat gj rockets. at least they got rid of that retarded jeremy lin contract albeit with a first round pick
Surprising move, shows money talks. Anyway what assets could the Heat sign now? And also rumors are shouting that Rockets will not match contract on Parsons, only would if Bosh signed. So Parsons to the Mavericks?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)