Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Fist wouldn't help it too much... it gets Ice Punch and Fire Punch, but... I dunno. Something tells me they'll go for something a little more impressive.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Iron Fist wouldn't help it too much... it gets Ice Punch and Fire Punch, but... I dunno. Something tells me they'll go for something a little more impressive.
Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch, and Hammer Arm get an Iron Fist boost as well, so he has some stuff to work with if he gets it.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Mega Metagross I feel is yet another thing that everyone was sure was definitely going to happen, but it does feel good to have it announced.

The design looks like a throwback to Metang honestly, what with the floating and whatnot. It's probably not going to get Levitate just like Metang didn't get Levitate. I'd shoot for Tough Claws or Iron Fist for the ability (if it doesn't stick with Clear Body).

And yeah, that's definitely one form just at different angles. Even if they didn't look exactly the same, having Mega Evolution X and Mega Evolution Y just doesn't seem appropriate anymore after the games X and Y.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It doesn't get Fire Punch.

But anyway, Tough Claws would be far superior to Iron Fist. Not only does Tough Claws give a better boost, but it boosts more of its moves than Iron Fist would. As for it levitating, it's been shown as being able to levitate before due to electro-magnetism (also, look at Beldum and Metang floating).

Okay wait, I got one..
"Mega Meta looks like something Dr. Robotnik would pilot."
I knew I was going to hate him.

The second piece of metagross artwork is just mega meta drawn in a less severe pose, prolly to help better illustrate what he's going to look like in-game versus that first dramatic drawing.

And from what little is visible, the gym leader/elite 4 redesigns look pretty hot. 'specially Flannery.

As for it levitating, it's been shown as being able to levitate before due to electro-magnetism (also, look at Beldum and Metang floating).
That's my explanation for the Magnemite line, but Metagross is a Psychic type. It floats using telekinesis, right?

That's my explanation for the Magnemite line, but Metagross is a Psychic type. It floats using telekinesis, right?
Metagross is also said to be an advanced super-computer and it gets Magnet Rise, so Electro-magnetism isn't out of the question.

That's what normal, sensible people would think.
But no, Metagross uses Magnet Rise, like the other sad Pokemon who didn't get Levitate.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
V4Victini made a list of all the possible abilities that it could have (since the ability line in the information is five characters) here.
Looks like Iron Fist and Levitate are out of the running, as is its original ability, Clear Body. The most likely ability is probably Tough Claws. I could see them giving it something like Analytic or Mold Breaker, but I don't think they would.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Pokemon Sapphire Pokedex entry said:
"Beldum keeps itself floating by generating a magnetic force that repels earth's natural magnetism. When it sleeps, this Pokémon anchors itself to a cliff using the hooks on its rear."
Pokemon X Pokedex entry said:
"The magnetic force generated by its body repels the ground's natural magnetism, letting it float."
Its Psychic typing comes from its intelligence, and is otherwise unrelated to its ability to levitate.

Reactions: PME
This also all but confirms Steven as the returning champion, for those worried that Wallace would take his place.

Also, did anyone else notice that Sydney's corner on the scan features Shiftry instead of Absol? It shows Flannery and Wattson with their aces (Torkoal and Magneton, ala RS instead of E), so maybe his ace has changed.

Just a little speculation for the fun of it, but assuming Mega Metagross get Tough Claws with 80 / 175 / 150 / 95 / 120 / 80 base stats or something, it could be really solid. Not much wants to switch into the combination of Earthquake and Tough Claws-boosted Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt coming off a base 175 Atk stat, and some of the few that do can be smashed by the appropriate elemental punch or other coverage move. Not to mention a fairly powerful Bullet Punch about on the same level as Mega Scizor's in strength. 80 / 150 / 120 defenses would also be amazing, capable of surviving 2 hits from moves such as Thundurus's LO Thunderbolt and Terrakion's Close Combat with max HP investment.

Man, I'm so looking forward to this game.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The design looks like a throwback to Metang honestly, what with the floating and whatnot. It's probably not going to get Levitate just like Metang didn't get Levitate. I'd shoot for Tough Claws or Iron Fist for the ability (if it doesn't stick with Clear Body).
I honestly thought it was Metang in CoroCoro, I couldn't make out the bottom two arms/legs whatever. The first one I saw that was definitely Metagross was that tiny one above it of an in-game shot, because it's so small it became so pixilated when I zoomed in that I still didn't know what was going on with its design, it kinda looked like they has fused the legs/arms into the body with then facing forwards as cannons. I was worried they were going all Magnezone on us with it...

While all you fine folks are busy guessing if Metagross gets Honey Gather/Wonder Guard, I'm more excited about the horn sticking out of its new Mega chin/face...
:0

(Maybe it gets a brand new ability called Bloody-Awesome-Horn?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)