Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
While all you fine folks are busy guessing if Metagross gets Honey Gather/Wonder Guard, I'm more excited about the horn sticking out of its new Mega chin/face...
:0

(Maybe it gets a brand new ability called Bloody-Awesome-Horn?)
Or maybe he's just horny when he mega-evolves.
Joining Reshiram in the club of pointy-crotch pokemon
(honestly, it looks like some kind of conductor)

Nuts, I had my money on Sap Sipper.

For serious, I was waiting for this Mega and I'm really glad they went with it. Poor Metagross took a nasty fall since Gen4 and has been slipping ever since. Fairies being weak to steel could have helped, but the Steel nerf nuked it. I'm really happy it got a Mega evolution.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Look above Metagross' head. Isn't that a hind leg sticking out? It looks too off-center to be a head appendage. Does Mega Metagross really have six legs? Or is it eight, based on that tiny in-game picture in the upper right? Either way, looks pretty awesome.

Also, my money is on Mega Salamence to be revealed next. Flygon could fit too, I suppose, but Salamence and Metagross are both (sort of) post-game Pokémon, both very powerful and classed as pseudo-legendaries. Then again, we've seen no sign of Mega Dragonite or Goodra so far, so pseudo-legendarity doesn't guarantee Mega-evolutions. But I still think it's a pretty strong possibility Salamence will get the Mega treatment too.

Look above Metagross' head. Isn't that a hind leg sticking out? It looks too off-center to be a head appendage. Does Mega Metagross really have six legs? Or is it eight, based on that tiny in-game picture in the upper right? Either way, looks pretty awesome..
I think it's still just four legs and then some back thruster jet-engine thing.

Will we see the return of two-page pokedex entries, or are they going to keep rehashing the same entries from the last three generations, as if we've discovered everything there is to know about a pokemon's biology/habitual behavior?
Not to bring the subject too incredibly off-topic from the inference that Metagross' hind legs didn't MEvolve with the rest of his body (and the two new oversized legs he grew underneath his body), but I've been wondering what the pokedex data pages are going to look like.

Also, my money is on Mega Salamence to be revealed next. Flygon could fit too, I suppose, but Salamence and Metagross are both (sort of) post-game Pokémon, both very powerful and classed as pseudo-legendaries. Then again, we've seen no sign of Mega Dragonite or Goodra so far, so pseudo-legendarity doesn't guarantee Mega-evolutions. But I still think it's a pretty strong possibility Salamence will get the Mega treatment too.
Well with the speculation going around that Elite 4 members may have their key Pokemon being a Mega (possibly foreshadowed by the encircled Shiftry at the bottom of the second page?), a Mega Salamence would make sense seeing as it would be used by Drake. I personally hope for a Mega for Salamence as well, just a bit of speculation though.

Will we see the return of two-page pokedex entries, or are they going to keep rehashing the same entries from the last three generations, as if we've discovered everything there is to know about a pokemon's biology/habitual behavior?
Not to bring the subject too incredibly off-topic from the inference that Metagross' hind legs didn't MEvolve with the rest of his body (and the two new oversized legs he grew underneath his body), but I've been wondering what the pokedex data pages are going to look like.
I would like this. The pokedex entries have gotten shorter and been recycled for like 4 gens. Let's get back to RSE's detailed entries, it's a nice touch.

As for Metagross, it looks like it uses those back legs as jet boosters/thrusters and the front ones to attack, but that's all I can get from looking at the in-game pic. Are more scans expected to leak?

Well with the speculation going around that Elite 4 members may have their key Pokemon being a Mega (possibly foreshadowed by the encircled Shiftry at the bottom of the second page?), a Mega Salamence would make sense seeing as it would be used by Drake. I personally hope for a Mega for Salamence as well, just a bit of speculation though.
I'm still pretty solidly against E4 megas. Yes, with Metagross having a mega, Salamence seems almost inevitable, but like I've said in the past; the E4 needs to be made relevant in the story before they can be made relevant on the battlefield with something as big as MEvolution.

Hopefully we'll get some clearer scans of the second page (and maybe more) soon. Certainly no surprises so far though.
I'm still pretty solidly against E4 megas. Yes, with Metagross having a mega, Salamence seems almost inevitable, but like I've said in the past; the E4 needs to be made relevant in the story before they can be made relevant on the battlefield with something as big as MEvolution.
Why would the E4 having megas detract from the story? And why does the story have to take precedence? Ignoring your personal feelings, is there any logical reason for either?

I'm still against Salamence having a mega for obvious reasons but in the sense I don't know how much of a role it will have as atm my only thought is it be competing with Char X again for D Dance set unless its Mega has a much larger focus on Mixed Sweeping. Course i'll hold my judgement till we see as still little is known of Meta at this point, let alone that Dragon.

As for Mega Metagross, based solely on the picture, I'm actually disappointed. It appears to just be an offensive bunker buster, but that's not what it needed. It's typing is really not good, but it doesn't look like they changed that. It's atk is good, so it doesn't look like it needed a boost there. It's speed is mediocre, but it doesn't look like it got enough of a boost (Rising any more than 90 seems unlikely to me, which will not be enough if it can't hold items). It's defenses were full of holes, but it doesn't appear to have obtained an ability to remove a weakness (maybe levitate, but I'm betting some offensive one like tough claws), though maybe its SpD will be better this time.

Hopefully we'll get some clearer scans of the second page (and maybe more) soon. Certainly no surprises so far though.

Why would the E4 having megas detract from the story? And why does the story have to take precedence? Ignoring your personal feelings, is there any logical reason for either?
Think about all the NPCs that got MEvolution: The main villain, the champion, your main rival, and Korrina (who realistically only served as a tutor though). All of them were seen throughout the story and were really played up to make MEvolution a big deal. Sorry, but the E4 aren't a big deal. You're lucky if you even meet them before the fight, and when you do they are given one dimensional backstories that help you remember them, but really have zero impact on the story overall. Flint and Malva are the exceptions (both fire types, funny), so it appears they're working on it, but giving the elite four something as big as mega evolution would be too much imo, and a big mistake on GF's part.

That said, GF's opinion of MEvolution seems to have gone down the toilet. If you watched that special on it, you saw some pretty lame trainers that seemed to use it no problem.

Last edited:

It kind of comes from the lore built around mega evolution. So far, in gen6, MEvoes were only present on the teams of people who were heavily involved with the history/study of MEvolving or were titular characters to one extent or another. The process of MEvoing is still unconfirmed among the NPCs who have even heard of it, and the keystones that a trainer needs to hold to unlock a MEvo in their team are only found few and far between. For 3-4 people in all of Kalos to have access to it, and then suddenly 8+ people in Hoenn all apparently have easy access to this mechanic may be a bit much. If they have a justifiable reason for obtaining the little conduit stones during or prior to the events of ORAS, it may be an easier introduction to how the population of people that can use it has doubled in just a year.

I'm on Kairyu's side, generalizing it so quickly makes the whole situation feel really uncomfortable.

Reactions: PME
It looks like he has some extra smaller legs behind him now. Kinda cool design, though I was kinda confused at first at how they re-positioned his body and arms. I'm actually not a big fan of how they decided to shift around his arms and face all willy-nilly. I know it's a strange complaint. Metagross > Mega Metagross. Mega Meta looks like a bizarre death trap, like something that would come flying out of a wall at you like a Thwomp drops from ceilings.

The way they've handled Secret Bases is nearly perfect and pretty much what I wanted, so good job GF.

Serebii's line about there being "different Pokemon in Hoenn" has me frothing. Bigger Pokedex, bigger Pokedex, bigger Pokedex! Give it to meeeee

I wouldn't mind the E4 having megas simply for the fact that they may be a little more difficult (especially if they can freely send out their mega anytime during the match, not having to use it as their last Pokemon). Personally I'm never one for the story I usually play through the game to get to all the end game goodies like Frontier and Maison, but your point of giving E4 members more depth is not a bad idea.

I wouldn't mind the E4 having megas simply for the fact that they may be a little more difficult (especially if they can freely send out their mega anytime during the match, not having to use it as their last Pokemon). Personally I'm never one for the story I usually play through the game to get to all the end game goodies like Frontier and Maison, but your point of giving E4 members more depth is not a bad idea.
Or you could return to them not having only 4 pokemon teams? Bump up their levels a bit (you'll have to do that anyway with how many people will be using traded pokemon and be overleveled from the new xp share), give them 5 or 6 good pokemon, and make the champion a total boss, and you're golden.

Look above Metagross' head. Isn't that a hind leg sticking out? It looks too off-center to be a head appendage. Does Mega Metagross really have six legs? Or is it eight, based on that tiny in-game picture in the upper right? Either way, looks pretty awesome.

Going off that blurry screenshot, it looks like he has (in addition to his giant fore-claws) 2 Metang sized legs and 2 beldum sized legs.

The bottom of the second page has Steven and Sidney next to each other. Looks to maybe be showing off the E4 along with Steven, implying Wallace is going to be a gym leader and not champion? (forgive me...Juan!)

Looks like they'll be showing off the redesigns of the gym leaders since Flannery, Norman, Watson, and Roxanne are together (and assuming the others are there), we'll get confirmation on Wallace/Juan soon.

Well we know which item is going to be banned from OU. Tough Claws boosts all contact moves that Metagross can have, making it liable to ohko almost everything that doesn't resist Steel/Psychic. Even then, Tough Claws boosted Bullet Punch is going to blow huge holes in the HP of a lot of pokemon.

Well we know which item is going to be banned from OU. Tough Claws boosts all contact moves that Metagross can have, making it liable to ohko almost everything that doesn't resist Steel/Psychic. Even then, Tough Claws boosted Bullet Punch is going to blow huge holes in the HP of a lot of pokemon.
A powerhouse with priority is big, but I'd hold off on that if I were you. Pinsir is still in, and Flying STAB + EQ is much better than steel STAB (I doubt I'd even bother with psychic). Plus, Metagross looks to be slower, meaning there'll be plenty that can survive a bullet punch, even if it is tough claws boosted, and KO with one of the many SE moves.

So Metagross' X was Silver.
Mega Metagross' X is Gold.
But Shiny Metagross' X is also Gold.
So what will Shiny Mega Metagross' X be? .w.

Yeah yeah minor point but I like to speculate anyway
What if the colors inverted? That'd be kinda cool. Or like Gold with a Black X, or the other way around. Pls no pink TrollFreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)