Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
For those of you confused by Mega Meta's design: it's a Metagross fused with a Metang.

Mega Metagross:

Metang:

Crappy MS Paint comparison:

Metang is attached to the bottom half of Mega Metagross with its two arms extended backward out of Mega Meta's back. You can see the nose spike/eyes/side spikes from Metang in Mega Metagross's design.

Thanks, Stellar. I hadn't noticed that yet.

To tell the truth, this is what I wished Metagross and Metang were. Their Pokédex entries go on and on about how they're fusions of the previous line, but they don't look like fusions at all. This, while a little bit strange-looking, definitely seems like a respectable Mega Evolution that actually fits with the Pokédex entries.

Wait if Mega Metagross is a Metang and normal Metagross fused together then where would Beldum be, the little first stage evolution of Metagross. There is an extra leg visible behind Mega Metagross which may just be Beldum unless I am seeing it wrong. Cool concept though that they all fuse together for a mega evolution.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
My amazing elven vision gives me 90% certainty Megagross's ability is Tough Claws.

If Megagross gets a +30 in base Attack, then its contact moves will be stronger than CBGross's.

252+ Atk Choice Band Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 630-744 (164 - 193.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross (165 Base) Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 654-770 (170.3 - 200.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And that's with 70 points to spare. Could you imagine a 80/165/150/105/110/90 Steel/Psychic monster?

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SHIFT GEAR つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Too bad I don't expect them to make Beldum available before postgame. Looks like we'll be "stuck" going through the story with our brutally OP starter megas.
My amazing elven vision gives me 90% certainty Megagross's ability is Tough Claws.

If Megagross gets a +30 in base Attack, then its contact moves will be stronger than CBGross's.

252+ Atk Choice Band Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 630-744 (164 - 193.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross (165 Base) Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 654-770 (170.3 - 200.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And that's with 70 points to spare. Could you imagine a 80/165/150/105/110/90 Steel/Psychic monster?

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SHIFT GEAR つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
NO SHIFT GEAR. That'd be way too much.

That said, I do expect some minor movepool updates. It has essentially no quality coverage moves besides earthquake (which wouldn't activate tough claws), so I'm desperately hoping for new moves from lv up or tutor.

Last edited:
Mega Metagross has been revealed (sort of). I assume more Corocoro leaks will come throughout the day.

All my wishes are coming true on this game...
Dear God, if you make it so that Flygon gets Dragon Dance, Stealth Rock, and a M-Evo with Mold Breaker I swear I'll go to church every Sunday starting from November 28th...

That said, I do expect some minor movepool updates. It has essentially no quality coverage moves besides earthquake (which wouldn't activate tough claws), so I'm desperately hoping for new moves from lv up or tutor.

No coverage? Metagross has Hammer Arm, Ice Punch, Thunder punch, and Zen Headbutt, all boosted by Tough Claws.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does everyone want Flygon megas so much? Besides having a decent design, it was made instantly irrelevant when garchomp was introduced. It serves no purpose in the story, VGC, and isn't special in terms of version exclusive or anything like that. I really don't see the motivation behind giving it a mega. I wouldn't be too suprised if it got one, but I don't understand at all why anybody would want it so bad.

and
No coverage? Metagross has Hammer Arm, Ice Punch, Thunder punch, and Zen Headbutt, all boosted by Tough Claws.
hammer arm and zen headbutt kinda suck, and the punches aren't available on cartridge until tutor. Even then they aren't much, so I'm really hoping for new moves.

It serves no purpose in the story, VGC, and isn't special in terms of version exclusive or anything like that. I really don't see the motivation behind giving it a mega. I wouldn't be too suprised if it got one, but I don't understand at all why anybody would want it so bad.
You could have said the same shit about a bunch of the megas we've already gotten. It has a cool design, it's popular, it wouldn't be unreasonable for it to get one.

it was made instantly irrelevant when garchomp was introduced
SO MAYBE GIVE IT A MEGA FORM SO IT'S NOT.

Why does everyone want Flygon megas so much? Besides having a decent design, it was made instantly irrelevant when garchomp was introduced. It serves no purpose in the story, VGC, and isn't special in terms of version exclusive or anything like that. I really don't see the motivation behind giving it a mega. I wouldn't be too suprised if it got one, but I don't understand at all why anybody would want it so bad.

Surprise, Smogon has something called "tiering system on which Flygon is lower class than Garchomp, which means is not outclassed on that tier.

You could have said the same shit about a bunch of the megas we've already gotten. It has a cool design, it's popular, it wouldn't be unreasonable for it to get one.
Some of them yes, but most of them are special in some way. There are 34 revealed megas, 10 are starters, 3 are pseudos, 13 are part of rivalries such as version exclusive mons or special evolution, and the rest fill some archetype like bulky water type or speedy electric type. So far no mega directly competes with another as much as Flygon/Garchomp would (possible exception of Lati@s) as well.
MAYBE GIVE IT A MEGA FORM SO IT'S NOT.
A mega wouldn't help it. a major speed boost would be outclassed largely be scarfchomp, a major power boost would be outclassed by the mega. The only VGC relevant thing Flygon has going for it is levitate, but that ability limits it due to its mediocre stats. Unless it gets some cool combo like switch in with levitate, mega evolve, protect, speed boost, Flygon would be a pretty mediocre mega, and GF probably wants to avoid those this time around.

Surprise, Smogon has something called "tiering system on which Flygon is lower class than Garchomp, which means is not outclassed on that tier.
and lol, to suggest Game Freak cares about UU, or even OU is hilarious. Thanks for that.

Some of them yes, but most of them are special in some way. There are 34 revealed megas, 10 are starters, 3 are pseudos, 13 are part of rivalries such as version exclusive mons or special evolution, and the rest fill some archetype like bulky water type or speedy electric type. So far no mega directly competes with another as much as Flygon/Garchomp would (possible exception of Lati@s) as well.

A mega wouldn't help it. a major speed boost would be outclassed largely be scarfchomp, a major power boost would be outclassed by the mega. The only VGC relevant thing Flygon has going for it is levitate, but that ability limits it due to its mediocre stats. Unless it gets some cool combo like switch in with levitate, mega evolve, protect, speed boost, Flygon would be a pretty mediocre mega, and GF probably wants to avoid those this time around.

and lol, to suggest Game Freak cares about UU, or even OU is hilarious. Thanks for that.
Fine then, you got me on that. But keep in mind that this is a Hoenn remake, and not a Sinnoh remake, which means they'll bias towards Flygon, not Garchomp, this time around. So if they give Flygon a mega a good reason would be for in-game purposes.

A Mega could help it.

Bug/Dragon. Interesting Ability. New Move Tutor attacks. There are so many ways in which they could differentiate it from Garchomp.

Is the speculation for Mega Flygon suggested by anything or are things popping out of thin air? Flygon would be a good candidate for a Mega Evo, what Dragon isn't suited for one due their general likableness and the potentially decent stats. I like Flygon, but once Sinnoh came out he was out the window and was replaced by Garchomp in the hearts of pretty much everyone. Change Flygon's typing to Dragon/Bug and maybe he'll make an interesting choice as a Mega. I don't think we need another strong Ground/Dragon Pokémon to be honest, but I think we need a new Mega that provides a bit of variety. If we were getting a Bug/Dragon, Mega Yanmega would probably get it first. Try saying that name three times fast.

Maybe a certain Hoenn Dragon were to gain the Fairy typing. If not, maybe a boost to its defenses and access to better defensive options when the new tutors are announced. Or maybe that one fish a lot of people have been talking about; about as popular as Metagross, somewhat strong, and a possible counterpart to Gyarados who already has a Mega form as well.

My bet is that in the time between now and November, about 6-9 more Mega Evolutions are going to be released; a majority of them being out of popular picks, at least three having no business getting mega Evos, and of those three, one will be as broken as Mega Khan.

Fine then, you got me on that. But keep in mind that this is a Hoenn remake, and not a Sinnoh remake, which means they'll bias towards Flygon, not Garchomp, this time around. So if they give Flygon a mega a good reason would be for in-game purposes.
It doesn't have to be a Sinnoh remake. Garchomp's already got a mega, and between that and it's base form, some serious shit would have to go down for Flygon to be viable in any competitive environment other than the unofficial ones where garchomp would be banned.

I'll admit that VGC isn't the only reason to make a mega, there have been rumors about making a rivalry out of Flygon and Altaria. And that weird new secret base NPC is potentially a fine way to make flygon relevant, but I for one would be pretty mad if they gave a random dude like that a mega and am very happy a keystone was not visible in any of his screenshots.

All in all, a flygon mega's certainly possible, but there are so many more likely that I don't think it's worth discussing.

I for one would be pretty mad if they gave a random dude like that a mega and am very happy a keystone was not visible in any of his screenshots.
Why shouldn't he be given a Mega? I'd prefer to see them widespread. Gym Leaders, Elite Four and notable NPC's are all fair game imo.

It seems you have a pretty arbitrary set of reasons why Mega's should be limited to certain characters.

a major power boost would be outclassed by the mega.
... people use Mega Garchomp?

But really now guys, let's not do this AGAIN. We've had a ton of arguments about "oh this won't get a mega because ---" and "no it will get a mega because ---" and it goes on and on and it's pointless and doesn't promote discussion and resulted in the thread getting locked multiple times. Let's move on, yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)