3v3 Singles Metagame Discussion Thread

If you, like me, like to setup, try out this lead: dugtrio @ focus sash w/ stealth rock, memento, earthquake and stone edge/sucker punch

Okay, the stealth rocks, while normally not that much of a cripple in 3v3, will brake sashes, as well as dragonites multiscale, making it easy for sweepers to power through, while the memento (sorry if I misspelled that) is making it much easier to setup. The two attacking moves is mainly only there to benefit a little for a miss, being able to get of some cliff damage. The attack evs are there because dugtrios defensive stat won't let him take a hit, even if he is invested. if the opponents lead is faster than dugtrio, you might be better off going straight for memento most of the time.

I haven't used this set a lot, but it seems to be pretty decent.

Some of my favorite sweepers:
Gyarados Life Orb
Moxie
-dd
-waterfall
-EQ
-ice fang/stone edge
Jolly nature w/252 att and spe
Okay, I haven't used it much, and I don't really know if it worse it, might change to intimidate, and the life orb might where it down, but it hits really hard :)

Mega lucario
-NP
-Aura sphere
-Flash cannon
-Vacuum wave
Timid w/ 252 spe and spa
This is a really annoying pokemon, and I mainly have this from all the people who have fucked me with it. If you get to plus 2, or even 4, while having the stealth rocks op it is basically gg, being able to KO most faster threads with the vacuum wave.
The biggest thread is however talon and chomp (scarfed) being able to outspeed and kill, however; if you get to the plus 4, which is not too hard, you ko talon after SR, and have a 68% chance to ko chomp too.

Yeah :)

Sorry, change gyarados to adamant, that will give him a 68% chance to ohko ms dragonite, only being 18 with jolly

I will hopefully be adding some more setup options later, but goodnight for now :)

Sleep well

Im around 1600 now after struggling some time in lower rankings. I have a team based on bulky offense consisting of Avalugg, Florges, Mandibuzz, Mega Ampharos, Aegislash and Reuniclus.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Oh yeah, the thread was bumped! Glad to see you're having a bit of success with some underused Pokemon, especially Reuniclus, it's one of my favorites.

I was doing pretty well for a while with a team of Landorus-T, Rotom-W, Goodra, Mega Venusaur, Aegislash, and Dragonite (at its peak I reached 44th in the United States, but I later lost a bit and dropped to around the 140's), but I've decided to retire that team, since I really want to build a Tyranitar team! I've used Assault Vest Tyranitar for a while and I really like it, but I'm not exactly sure what teammates are good for it. I know that in OU, Keldeo loves to have Tyranitar kill stuff for it, but obviously Keldeo isn't around in Battle Spot so I'm wondering what kind of Pokemon Tyranitar can really support (besides Skarmory!). Top 10 teammates feature on PGL is nice but it doesn't quite tell me why.

By the way, I've messaged a few people about it already, but if anyone is interested in having some practice battles with me I'm game anytime. Just leave me a VM and we can trade friend codes!

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Im around 1600 now after struggling some time in lower rankings. I have a team based on bulky offense consisting of Avalugg, Florges, Mandibuzz, Mega Ampharos, Aegislash and Reuniclus.
Are you running trick room with Reuniclus? I actually wanted to use it, Avalugg and Amphy together! I really like Avalugg with sturdy and mirror coat and I want to try it out under trick room. Big issue I see right now is missing the power on avalanche from attacking first..

Hulavuta I know fully dedicated weather teams aren't so viable anymore but because of that there isn't a whole lot of weather running around (so you don't have to compete with rain or anything), and 8 turns is pretty long in 3v3 (imo) so could maybe try smooth rock ttar / life orb excadrill and mixed mega chomp? I dunno could be horrible but I kinda wanna try it out

Hulavuta

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hulavuta I know fully dedicated weather teams aren't so viable anymore but because of that there isn't a whole lot of weather running around (so you don't have to compete with rain or anything), and 8 turns is pretty long in 3v3 (imo) so could maybe try smooth rock ttar / life orb excadrill and mixed mega chomp? I dunno could be horrible but I kinda wanna try it out
That does sound like an interesting strategy, but I was thinking more along the lines of the Pursuit support rather than the Sandstorm. I'm not really sure if the 6v6 idea of trapping really fits into 3v3, considering there is just a way bigger variety of Pokemon you run into than in OU, and accounting for checks and counters is a bit different when you get to choose which Pokemon actually participate in the battle, but I wanna try to figure out a cool way to make a team around Pursuit.

Venusaur questions:

Does anyone have much experience using M-Venusaur on Battle spot? I'm considering breeding one, but I'm not sure if I want to go with his offensive or his defensive set:

Offensive
########
name: Offensive
move 1: Giga Drain
move 2: Sludge Bomb
move 3: Hidden Power Fire
move 4: Synthesis
ability: Chlorophyll
item: Venusaurite
evs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
nature: Modest

Defensive
########
name: Defensive
move 3: Synthesis
move 4: Leech Seed / Sleep Powder / Hidden Power Fire
evs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
nature: Bold

Does anyone have any opinions on either of them? If I went defensive I'd probably be with either Sleep Powder or Roar in the 4th slot. The offensive set looks like it potentially be a lot of fun on BS, but I wanted to garner opinions before I went to the trouble of trying to breed for HP Fire.

Thanks!

Hulavuta

DrZoidburglar personally I like to use Modest offensive. I haven't used Defensive, but I find that offensive Mega Venusaur just barely gets 2HKOs on things, so I think without any SpA investment it's not going to do too much. Venusaur can still switch in on attacks it resists with no problem, like Conkeldurr or Azumarill. It will be taking a little bit more of damage but I find the Special Attack investment totally worth it.

Offensive Venusaur can still play somewhat defensively since even without too much investment it is hard to take down. Unfortunately I didn't get HP Fire, so for the last slot, I actually put Toxic. It is pretty good to take down certain walls like Porygon2 and just wear down anything else in general, especially since it has perfect accuracy when used by a Poison-type.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Venusaur questions:

Does anyone have much experience using M-Venusaur on Battle spot? I'm considering breeding one, but I'm not sure if I want to go with his offensive or his defensive set:

Offensive
########
name: Offensive
move 3: Hidden Power Fire
move 4: Synthesis
evs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
nature: Modest

Defensive
########
name: Defensive
move 3: Synthesis
move 4: Leech Seed / Sleep Powder / Hidden Power Fire
evs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
nature: Bold

Does anyone have any opinions on either of them? If I went defensive I'd probably be with either Sleep Powder or Roar in the 4th slot. The offensive set looks like it potentially be a lot of fun on BS, but I wanted to garner opinions before I went to the trouble of trying to breed for HP Fire.

Thanks!
I use the HP fire offensive one and love it, easily my second favourite mega (kanga spam OP). I haven't bothered with the defensive one as I just don't enjoy the playstyle but I have faced a few and they are annoying to beat. Just depends what you want to do with it...

Hi there!

I have been playing Sableye, Special Aegislash and MegaTTar with quite success:

Sableye @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 D
- Will-o-Wisp
- Taunt
- Foul Play
- Recover

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Quiet Nature
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Adamant Nature
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

I'm pretty new to this tier so I've just made my team based in the most used pokemon. Could you give me some advice for the rest of the team? I have been trying Porygon2, Weaknite and Clefable but that core is not working as this one.

Hi there!

I have been playing Sableye, Special Aegislash and MegaTTar with quite success:

Sableye @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 D
- Will-o-Wisp
- Taunt
- Foul Play
- Recover

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Quiet Nature
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Adamant Nature
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

I'm pretty new to this tier so I've just made my team based in the most used pokemon. Could you give me some advice for the rest of the team? I have been trying Porygon2, Weaknite and Clefable but that core is not working as this one.
Hi this seems as a nice core, but I have some suggestions. First off, the aegislash hp ice? I do not se how it ads anything to him, as shadow ball as well as flash cannon will hit just as hard on any pokemon that does not have a 4x weakness to ice, and even those are likely to ko aegi beforehand, such as landorus, garchomp and dragonite. I would suggest running shadow sneak over hp ice, as it w/ aegis nice base 150 attack reaches 336 attack with 0 investment (only 23 less than jolly chomp)

Okay, now that you that you don't have ice coverage you could change stone edge on TTar with ice punch, this allows him to ohko garchomp, lando, gliscor, dragonite, Haxorus, among a lot of other pokemon after just one dd.

Anyways, take the two if you wonna, but it's you team. But you should really change mtars nature to jolly, to outspeed dnite at neutral and base 130 at +1 :)

For the last three pokes, kangashan is a good secondary mega (BBC dude it's a kangashan) weaknite also seems as a good choise, as it like TTar can setup dds and sweep, would suggest:
Adamant
-dd
-dragon claw
-EQ
-espeed
For the last poke, a special sweeper would be nice, Thundurus seems to ad some nice synergy with the team, being able to take on water types, as well as slow down faster threads w/ twave.

This will obviously make the team more hyper offensive, than the porygon/clefable/dnite core. But you could give it a try :]

Hi this seems as a nice core, but I have some suggestions. First off, the aegislash hp ice? I do not se how it ads anything to him, as shadow ball as well as flash cannon will hit just as hard on any pokemon that does not have a 4x weakness to ice, and even those are likely to ko aegi beforehand, such as landorus, garchomp and dragonite. I would suggest running shadow sneak over hp ice, as it w/ aegis nice base 150 attack reaches 336 attack with 0 investment (only 23 less than jolly chomp)

Okay, now that you that you don't have ice coverage you could change stone edge on TTar with ice punch, this allows him to ohko garchomp, lando, gliscor, dragonite, Haxorus, among a lot of other pokemon after just one dd.

Anyways, take the two if you wonna, but it's you team. But you should really change mtars nature to jolly, to outspeed dnite at neutral and base 130 at +1 :)

For the last three pokes, kangashan is a good secondary mega (BBC dude it's a kangashan) weaknite also seems as a good choise, as it like TTar can setup dds and sweep, would suggest:
Adamant
-dd
-dragon claw
-EQ
-espeed
For the last poke, a special sweeper would be nice, Thundurus seems to ad some nice synergy with the team, being able to take on water types, as well as slow down faster threads w/ twave.

This will obviously make the team more hyper offensive, than the porygon/clefable/dnite core. But you could give it a try :]
First of all, thanks for the input :)

The main reasons for HP Ice are Garchomp and Gliscor. Since Aegislash is equipped with Air Balloon, I can switch against an EQ and then hit it with an unespected ice attack while it tries to pop the balloon. Aegislash is also inmune to Guillotine so Gliscor can't touch it. Since Aegislash counts with an ice attack I don't need Ice Punch on TTar so I can have EQ and deal with others Aegislash's King's Shields, with M-Mawile and with Bisharp.

I do have a priority attack in WeakNite, but It's anty-synergetic with TTar so maybe I could change it for Azumarill (BellyJet or CB set), any suggestions?

I do like the idea of M-Kanga, what's the most common set for 3v3? Fake Out/Double Edge/Sucker Punch/EQ? I also do like Thundurus, I'll give it and MMom a try :)

First of all, thanks for the input :)

The main reasons for HP Ice are Garchomp and Gliscor. Since Aegislash is equipped with Air Balloon, I can switch against an EQ and then hit it with an unespected ice attack while it tries to pop the balloon. Aegislash is also inmune to Guillotine so Gliscor can't touch it. Since Aegislash counts with an ice attack I don't need Ice Punch on TTar so I can have EQ and deal with others Aegislash's King's Shields, with M-Mawile and with Bisharp.

I do have a priority attack in WeakNite, but It's anty-synergetic with TTar so maybe I could change it for Azumarill (BellyJet or CB set), any suggestions?

I do like the idea of M-Kanga, what's the most common set for 3v3? Fake Out/Double Edge/Sucker Punch/EQ? I also do like Thundurus, I'll give it and MMom a try :)
As for aegislash I did not realise that it had a balloon, which makes hp ice quite more usefull, sorry :P

As for azumarill I personally would go with the belly drum set, I would not go with choose band, as locking in a move often gives the opponent momentum, in a lot of situations. assault west is also cool ^^

As for kangashan, power up punch > fake out in singles, this allows easy sweeps, as +2 return is exstremly powerful (double edge is not worth the recoil after a boost)

The best of luck :D

Btw,

Hulavuta

Mkushrom if you take a look at the PGL site it tells you the most used moves. Kangaskhan mostly uses Power-Up Punch rather than Fake Out, although I personally use both and cut out Earthquake. I think it's also better to use Return than Double-Edge.

Most Azumarill are also BellyJet with Sitrus Berry, with only about 4.5% using Choice Band. I'd say give it a go if you want though, BellyJet sounds really terrifying but honestly I've never been able to sweep with it, most teams are pretty well prepared. Choice Band definitely works if you're looking for priority as sort of a "safety net" to kill things before they sweep you. The sets are pretty much the same, so if you haven't bred an Azumarill yet, I'd recommend breeding both Belly Drum and Superpower onto it, and then using Heart Scales to switch them around as you change from BellyJet to CB.

While we're on the subject of powerful priority attacks, Scizor is probably the second best priority user right after Talonflame. I use Choice Band Scizor with both Bullet Punch and Quick Attack (to hit things that resist Bullet Punch) and it's very useful in a pinch. It's pretty powerful and can sweep a team after they're weakened.

Mkushrom if you take a look at the PGL site it tells you the most used moves. Kangaskhan mostly uses Power-Up Punch rather than Fake Out, although I personally use both and cut out Earthquake. I think it's also better to use Return than Double-Edge.

Most Azumarill are also BellyJet with Sitrus Berry, with only about 4.5% using Choice Band. I'd say give it a go if you want though, BellyJet sounds really terrifying but honestly I've never been able to sweep with it, most teams are pretty well prepared. Choice Band definitely works if you're looking for priority as sort of a "safety net" to kill things before they sweep you. The sets are pretty much the same, so if you haven't bred an Azumarill yet, I'd recommend breeding both Belly Drum and Superpower onto it, and then using Heart Scales to switch them around as you change from BellyJet to CB.

While we're on the subject of powerful priority attacks, Scizor is probably the second best priority user right after Talonflame. I use Choice Band Scizor with both Bullet Punch and Quick Attack (to hit things that resist Bullet Punch) and it's very useful in a pinch. It's pretty powerful and can sweep a team after they're weakened.
My Azumarill set (the one I used for the April Friendly) was:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Superpower
- Play Rough

It loses some power since it does not use Cascade but in exchange it's not completely walled by Ferrothorn. Do you think using this is better than WeakNite? It's better coverage for sure but not having at least a Dragon attack seems odd to me.

I like Scizor, but I really think I need a Fire type or at least somthing with good fire coverage. Also I'm quite weak to physical walls since Aegislash is my only special attacker, so I think a good special sweeper like Greninja with HP Fire and Extrasensory might be better. Any suggestions?

Hulavuta

Yeah, I find myself needing Fire-types a lot too, which is why I'm training Mega Charizards. Mega Charizard Y is probably the most powerful special Fire-type attacker, but if you really wanna use your Mega slot on Kangaskhan, something like Infernape or Blaziken is also good to take down physical walls. They'll be able to muscle past Skarmory with STAB fire attacks but they're still both stopped by Slowbro.

As for Greninja, I've actually tried it and personally I'm not too fond of it, it really lacks a lot of power so it's pretty much completely stopped by stuff like Chansey or Porygon2, or even Goodra or Tyranitar despite it being able to hit them super effectively. It also offers your team nothing defensively, since it's frail and likes to have its Focus Sash intact, leaving it up to your other two members to take all the hits. In my opinion, in 3v3, bulky offense or balance are the best ways to build.

I see your point about Greninja. How about Hydreigon? A Choice Specs set can deal with Mawile with just one Fire Blast and it makes an almost perfect pair with Azumarill except from poison and fairy. Fairy can be dealt by Aegislash and Hydreigon's Flash Cannon and Poison is a job for TTar and MKanga. And Levitate is such a useful ability.

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
- Dark Pulse / Focus Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon

I don't know if choice scarf is any useful since almost any other scarfed dragon is going to outspeed us so maybe choice specs is better and the trick is predicting better.

Edit: Rotom-H seems a good pair for Azumarill too.

Last edited:

Hulavuta

Mkushrom I really like Hydreigon too. Its most common sets are Choice Specs and Choice Scarf. I usually use Life Orb actually, but I've been trying out Specs and it's pretty good. Don't worry about Choice Scarf not outspeeding other Scarfed Dragons, its goal is to outspeed unboosted Pokemon around the 100 base speed mark, since it's usually slower than them. For example, it can outspeed Kangaskhan (while resisting Sucker Punch) and Garchomp. Also, Modest is definitely the best nature for it, because Hydreigon is surprisingly actually not that powerful without a boost. Timid might have a little use when Scarfed, but for the most part, you don't really need it, and Modest gives it a lot of much-needed power.

Also, definitely go with Dark Pulse over Focus Blast, it's much more spammable. Fire Blast and Flash Cannon only hit specific counters, and Draco Meteor should only be used once or twice in a row. Dark Pulse gives you a general STAB attack and it has pretty decent coverage.

Hydreigon can switch in on some things since it has really good resists, but consider pairing it up with U-turn or Volt Switch users, it really helps. Constantly dropping Draco Meteors, gaining momentum with U-turn/Volt Switch and then bringing Hydreigon back in again is a pretty good strategy, since nothing really likes switching into Hydreigon many times.

Volt-Turn is another strategy I tryed not so long ago with this core:

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry
Calm Nature
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Rest
- Will-o-Wisp

Scizor @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
- U-Turn
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Charizard @ Charizarite X
Adamant Nature
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Tail
- Will-o-Wisp
- Roost

It wasn't very successful because it required a lot of predictionand it was so weak against Garchomp but spamming U-Turn/Volt Switch/Dragon Tail was hilarious.

Last edited:

Hulavuta

I think if you want to go for VoltTurn you should try for a more offensive route. It looks like you were building specially defensive on all of those Pokemon, better to put it into HP and Attack/Special Attack. Also you don't wanna use Impish (a +Defense nature) when making a specially defensive set; I know it seems like it's a good way to make it both Defensive and Specially Defensive but it doesn't really help that much without investment, it's pretty much better to always to make the nature match up with the stat you are EV training.

I think if you want to go for VoltTurn you should try for a more offensive route. It looks like you were building specially defensive on all of those Pokemon, better to put it into HP and Attack/Special Attack. Also you don't wanna use Impish (a +Defense nature) when making a specially defensive set; I know it seems like it's a good way to make it both Defensive and Specially Defensive but it doesn't really help that much without investment, it's pretty much better to always to make the nature match up with the stat you are EV training.
It's a mistake, Scizor isn't 252 SpD but 252 Def, I'll correct that

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Due to the lack of a simple questions thread here I figured I'd post here..

Is there a way to reset your ranking without swapping between DS's? Not because my rating sucks and I want to start from scratch or anything, I just thought we could do our own version of the old laddering challenges thread they used to run in the OU/Ubers forums.

Finally got the last members of my core :)

I've changed Leftover for Sitrus Berry on Sableye since it allow me to survive 2 DC from Lum Berry Garchomp, and added:

Klefki@Leftovers
Bold Nature
248 HP / 108 Def / 152 SpD
- Foul Play
- Swagger
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute

I'm tired of Minimice strategies and Klefki is so good against them. Also, thanks to TW I can sweep with the rest of the team with ease, it can kill M-Venusaur and its Fairy type is so useful sometimes.

Rotom-W@Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Will-o-Wisp

My second WoW user. I have been using this set in OU with quite success so I thought about using it in Battle Spot since Trick can deal with a lot of walls. Hydro Pump hits like a truck and Volt Switch keeps momentum. Its resistances makes Rotom a good TTar partner.

Kangaskhan@Kangaskhanite
Jolly Nature
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Double Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Finally I went Kanga for my second Mega. I've chosen Jolly to outspeed other base 100 speed sweepers such as Adamant MegaZardX, and Double Edge over Return because it hits harder and I need that extra power with Jolly nature.

I have been trying it on Showdown before and ended up with +1450 soon, I think I'll keep improving this core with Sableye/Aegislash/MegaTTar

Finally got the last members of my core :)

I've changed Leftover for Sitrus Berry on Sableye since it allow me to survive 2 DC from Lum Berry Garchomp, and added:

Klefki@Leftovers
Bold Nature
248 HP / 108 Def / 152 SpD
- Foul Play
- Swagger
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute

I'm tired of Minimice strategies and Klefki is so good against them. Also, thanks to TW I can sweep with the rest of the team with ease, it can kill M-Venusaur and its Fairy type is so useful sometimes.

Rotom-W@Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Will-o-Wisp

My second WoW user. I have been using this set in OU with quite success so I thought about using it in Battle Spot since Trick can deal with a lot of walls. Hydro Pump hits like a truck and Volt Switch keeps momentum. Its resistances makes Rotom a good TTar partner.

Kangaskhan@Kangaskhanite
Jolly Nature
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Double Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Finally I went Kanga for my second Mega. I've chosen Jolly to outspeed other base 100 speed sweepers such as Adamant MegaZardX, and Double Edge over Return because it hits harder and I need that extra power with Jolly nature.

I have been trying it on Showdown before and ended up with +1450 soon, I think I'll keep improving this core with Sableye/Aegislash/MegaTTar
Swagkeys is quite possibly the most boring and annoying thing I face on battlespot. It's pretty ineffective and wastes like 15 minutes struggling to set up. Every time I run into one I hope it's a creative or different set but nope always the predictable Swagkeys set. Honestly the duel screens with an eject button vastly outclasses it in 3v3. Getting up a proper screen and a free switch to something that can threaten and set up aka mega charizard x/mega Gyarados /mega Kangaskhan is way morr valuable than swagger twave shenanigans.

Hulavuta

So the next season has started, new season NEW META

I really wanted to use Goodra and Tyranitar together on the same team, so I made the switch to Choice Band Tyranitar and this thing destroys lives. It's powerful enough to OHKO frailer attackers like Talonflame with Crunch, so you don't have to rely on Stone Miss. I was having trouble using Assault Vest Tyranitar before because it was a bit niche and really could only beat certain special attackers but with Choice Band it can basically run through any Pokemon in two moves making it more useful in general.

I've also changed my Hydreigon to Choice Scarf since it gives me much-needed speed and lets me get the jump on things like Kangaskhan and Garchomp...but it can't OHKO Rotom or Sableye anymore, which makes me sad.

So my current team is Tyranitar, Skarmory, Goodra, Hydreigon, Azumarill, and Mega Venusaur. I've been pretty successful so far, but if I had to say, the one that I don't use that much is Azumarill, but I am still determined to make it work...I want at least one Belly Drum sweep!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)