GSCielebi Tournament Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Introduction

Originally Colchonero's idea who couldn't host it because he is in jail for killing a man

As we all know, Celebi was banned from GSC OU many years ago, but there are some players who doesn't agree with that maybe undeserved ban. Well, then let's see again how the GSC metagame works with Celebi.

This is simply a GSC OU tournament, in which Celebi will be allowed.

Tournament Rules
General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.

Format
Generation II OU.
Single Elimination, best of one.
Matches must be played on Pokemon Online v2 under the "Crystal" subgeneration.

Specific Rules
Celebi is allowed for the entirety of this tournament.

Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Freeze Clause: Only one Pokemon can be frozen on your opponent's team at a time.
  • Ubers Clause: The only Uber you may use is Celebi. Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, and Ho-oh are banned for the entirety of this tournament.
  • Self-KO Clause: If a player uses a recoil move to cause a draw, that player wins. If a player uses Explosion, Selfdestruct, Destiny Bond, or Perish Song to cause a draw, that player loses. If a draw would be caused by a hold item or ability that causes recoil to the opponent, the player that controls the Pokémon with the hold item or ability wins.
  • Sleep Perish Trap Clause: A player may not use a sleep-inducing attack, an infinite-duration trapping attack (i.e., Mean Look or Spider Web), and Perish Song all on the same moveset of any Pokemon. For example, a Pokemon using all of Hypnosis, Mean Look, and Perish Song together on its moveset is banned. Examples of what is NOT banned are: using just Mean Look and Perish Song together on the same set; using just Lovely Kiss and Mean Look together on the same set; and using all of Wrap, Spore, and Perish Song together on the same set.

Round 3:

Nachos vs Isa
pokebasket
vs Bedschibaer
majaspic22 vs e7e - coinflip
BKC
vs Laurel
Haruno vs SOMALIA
Conflict
vs Crestfall

Please try to play the matches!

Deadline: July 14 11:59 PM EDT

Last edited:

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Er yeah, give somalia the win. Since apparently not wanting to download po means I had to play with ps shitty old gen glitches which weren't really effective. meh

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
Out of curiousity, what were these incorrect mechanic?

Also i realized why i choked so hard r2. dumbass PO and their manual ev shite.

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
dumbass PO and their manual ev shite.
???
Max EVs is standard, if you didn't get it you fucked it up yourself somewhere down the road

Either way, for the third time this tour my opponent missed our scheduled time, but like the previous two times I hope that we can play it out later on.

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
???
Max EVs is standard, if you didn't get it you fucked it up yourself somewhere down the road

Either way, for the third time this tour my opponent missed our scheduled time, but like the previous two times I hope that we can play it out later on.
its not cuz i pasted the team straight from PS, where its auto-EV'd, something it isnt on PO IF you import it

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Won in a fun game vs. Nachos, but the reason it was fun wasn't because of the actual game

GG

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Confirming gg. Even with both our crits was a solid match.

Confirming, unfortunate issue with the mechanics rendered Harunos's gameplan ineffective sadly.
Er yeah, give somalia the win. Since apparently not wanting to download po means I had to play with ps shitty old gen glitches which weren't really effective. meh
What mechanics? Everyone keeps spouting this but other than BPing Mean Look everything works properly. And a fix for BPing ML (or web) was just pushed.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
What mechanics? Everyone keeps spouting this but other than BPing Mean Look everything works properly. And a fix for BPing ML (or web) was just pushed.
Which was the exact mechanic that didn't work .-. And one of my main gameplans was passing mean look and using celebi to perish trap my opp to death (fun fact, everything that threatens celebi fucking hate umbreon charming them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)