RU Lilligant

QC Checks: atomicllamas / New Breed / EonX

GP Checks: fleurdyleurse / frenzyplant

Overview
########

Lilligant has access to the coveted Quiver Dance, an amazing boosting move. It also has good abilities to compliment its decent movepool, which includes Sleep Powder, Giga Drain, Petal Dance, and Healing Wish. With its good Speed and Special Attack, Lilligant manages to carve out a niche in RU. It has a few downsides, however. It is definitely lacking in bulk. Furthermore, its bad defensive typing certainly does not complement its frailty. Its defenses aren't the only problem, as it also doesn't have very good coverage to hit its weaknesses, and it faces competition as a Quiver Dance user from Vivillon. Overall, Lilligant can manage to be of use on most teams between its offensive set and its Choice Scarf support set.

Quiver Dance
########
name: Quiver Dance
move 1: Quiver Dance
move 2: Sleep Powder
move 3: Giga Drain / Petal Dance
move 4: Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Rock / Hidden Power Flying
ability: Own Tempo
item: Lum Berry / Life Orb
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Timid / Modest

Moves
========

Quiver Dance gives Lilligant its niche and allows Lilligant to be potentially dangerous to any team. Sleep Powder is very useful in that it not only puts foes that may threaten your team to sleep but also gives Lilligant a good chance to set up safely. Giga Drain is a reliable STAB move that also lets Lilligant regain any HP it may have lost. Petal Dance, on the other hand, is a high Base Power spammable move, and, thanks to Own Tempo, Lilligant does not get confused after using it. Petal Dance is unreliable, however, as it locks Lilligant into it for two to three turns. The last slot is a toss-up between Hidden Power Rock, Hidden Power Fire, and Hidden Power Flying. Hidden Power Rock hits huge threats such as Moltres and Fletchinder on the switch, while also hitting Bug-types and other Fire- and Flying-types. Hidden Power Fire hits threatening Steel- and Bug-types, such as Durant, Escavalier, and Doublade. Lastly, Hidden Power Flying hits targets that would otherwise completely wall Lilligant, such as Emboar, Virizion, and Amoonguss; it also is able to OHKO Virizion, which is very important.

Set Details
========

252 EVs go into Lilligant's best stats, Special Attack and Speed, with 4 EVs in HP. Own Tempo is used so that Lilligant can never be confused, from either Petal Dance or moves that cause confusion. Lum Berry is so that Lilligant can recover from status once, while Life Orb is used to boost the power of all of Lilligant's attacks. A Timid nature is preferred, as Lilligant sits at a good Speed tier and needs maximized Speed most of the time. A Modest nature can be used to hit exceptionally hard.

Usage Tips
========

There are a few key things to note about Lilligant when you use it. Firstly, do not switch Lilligant into any incoming attacks, as it is pretty frail. Sleep Powder should be used when you want a free opportunity to set up. If not using Sleep Powder to create opportunities to set up, set up on walls that do not threaten Lilligant, such as Alomomola. Take out threats that could pose problems for Lilligant beforehand, such as Registeel and Poison-types such as Golbat and Amoonguss. Lastly, use this Lilligant as a late-game sweeper, as it cannot take out whole teams or switch in very often most of the time.

Team Options
========

Lilligant needs support to function properly. Fire-types such as Delphox and Moltres work especially well, as they can beat troublesome Pokemon such as Registeel, Amoonguss, Golbat, and Doublade. Lilligant beats Water-, Rock-, and Ground-types in return. Rhyperior works especially well, as it not only sets up hazards to allow Lilligant an easier time to sweep, but also beats Fire-, Poison-, and Flying-types for Lilligant. Finally, Rapid Spin or Defog users such as Golbat, Gligar, and Hitmontop work well as they get rid of entry hazards that hinder Lilligant.

Choice Scarf
########
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Sleep Powder
move 2: Leaf Storm / Petal Dance
move 3: Hidden Power Rock / Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Flying
move 4: Healing Wish
item: Choice. Scarf
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========

Sleep Powder is used to induce sleep, helping out teammates. Leaf Storm and Petal Dance are used as offensive options so that Lilligant can do more than just support its teammates. Leaf Storm provides greater power, but halves Lilligant's Special Attack. Petal Dance, on the other hand, locks Lilligant in in, so it's risky to use. The third slot is a toss-up between coverage choices. Hidden Power Rock hits huge threats such as Moltres and Fletchinder on the switch, while also hitting Bug-, Fire-, and Flying-types. Hidden Power Fire hits threatening Steel- and Bug-types, such as Durant, Escavalier, and Doublade. Lastly, Hidden Power Flying hits targets that would otherwise completely wall Lilligant, such as Emboar, Virizion, and Amoonguss. It is able to OHKO Virizion, which is very important. The last slot holds Lilligant's most important move on the set, Healing Wish. The ability to send out an unneeded Lilligant late-game, pull off a speedy Healing Wish, and fully heal a win condition is very valuable.

Set Details
========

252 EVs go into Lilligant's best stats, Special Attack and Speed, while 4 HP EVs are for a little bit of bulk. Own Tempo is used so that it can never become confused, from either Petal Dance or moves that cause confusion. Choice Scarf allows Lilligant to be a very fast support Pokemon as well as a late-game cleaner.

Usage Tips
========

There are a few things to keep in mind when using Lilligant. Send it in on any walls that it can put to sleep. Its main function is to support its teammates and put threatening opponents to sleep. Also, keep Lilligant around as long as possible so that it is able to use Healing Wish late-game. Do not try to use this Lilligant primarily as an attacker, as it isn't very strong without Quiver Dance boosts. It should stick to supporting teammates and picking off weakened opponents or threats.

Team Options
========

Lilligant complements many Pokemon, so it has a wide variety of compatible teammates. Late-game sweepers such as Swords Dance Cobalion make exceptionally good teammates for Lilligant, as Healing Wish fully heals them and allows them to finish off an opponent's team. Most Pokemon can benefit from Lilligant putting one of their main checks to sleep. Lilligant can function and support almost any Pokemon and makes for an exceptional partner for anything. Finally, Rapid Spin or Defog users such as Golbat, Gligar, and Hitmontop work well as they get rid of entry hazards that may hinder Lilligant.

Other Options
########

Lilligant has quite a few more options. Dream Eater can be used in tandem with Sleep Powder. Swords Dance is an option for a physical set, but a special set is much better. Substitute can be used in tandem with Quiver Dance to allow Lilligant to avoid status and take advantage of switches. Giga Drain can recover back the damage lost from the Substitute. Choice Specs can be used with Petal Dance, but it's pretty unreliable. A Chlorophyll set with Growth is an option in the sun and can sweep teams nicely. Lastly, Heal Bell can be used to heal teammates of any ailments, but there are better, bulkier users of the move.

Checks & Counters
########

**Flying-types**: Flying-types pose big threats to Lilligant. Moltres can beat it with any STAB move. Fletchinder can pick it off with a priority Acrobatics, while Golbat is bulky enough to take any hit and KO it with Brave Bird. Moltres and Fletchinder should be wary of Hidden Power Rock on the switch, however.

**Fire-types**: Fire-types also make excellent checks to Lilligant. Pokemon such as Emboar, Delphox, and Magmortar have no problem picking Lilligant off with one of their STAB moves. Additionally, Magmortar has access to Vital Spirit, which gives it an immunity to Sleep Powder.

**Poison-types**: Poison-types are arguably the biggest threat to Lilligant. Amoonguss, Weezing, Drapion, and Skuntank can all usually take a hit and KO Lilligant with a Poison-type STAB move. Amoonguss is arguably the best Poison-type check due to its immunity to Sleep Powder, and access to Clear Smog.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types also pose a threat to Lilligant, as its movepool cannot always cover them. Cobalion, Escavalier, Durant, and Registeel can all either KO it with a STAB move or wear down Lilligant gradually. They must be wary of Hidden Power Fire, however.

**Opposing Grass-types**: Grass-types have a favorable type matchup against Lilligant, as they are immune to Sleep Powder. Amoonguss, Tangrowth, and Abomasnow can all take hits relatively well and KO Lilligant with a coverage move. Amoonguss can use Sludge Bomb, Tangrowth can wear it down, and Abomasnow can use Blizzard if Lilligant lacks Hidden Power Fire.

Last edited:
Note: Not QC, so take this with a grain of salt.

Offensive Quiver Dance should probably be the first set with QD/Sleep Powder/Giga Drain/Hidden Power Fire with Life Orb. It's still it's best set, albeit far less effective due Delphox, Doublade and others making the drawbacks of a different Hidden Power more profound (and making team support getting rid of those key Pokemon a necessity. 4 HP/ 252 SpA / 252 Spe with a Timid nature is the spread for that, unless there's a hidden spread that's far more effective (or Modest has far more merit this time around). A choice set with Healing Wish is another option, but I'll test it and get back to you.

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Note: Not QC, so take this with a grain of salt.

Offensive Quiver Dance should probably be the first set with QD/Sleep Powder/Giga Drain/Hidden Power Fire Life Orb. It's still it's best set, albeit far less effective due Delphox, Doublade and others making the drawbacks of a different Hidden Power more profound (and making team support getting rid of those key Pokemon a necessity. 4 HP/ 252 SpA / 252 Spe with a Timid nature is the spread for that, unless there's a hidden spread that's far more effective (or Modest has far more merit this time around). A choice set with Healing Wish is another option, but I'll test it and get back to you.
Why not use Own Tempo Petal Dance? Isn't that, along with sleep powder + quiver dance lilligant's niche? Locking yourself into petal dance kinda blows but its strong as hell

Also, I know this is just WIP but make sure to stress somewhere that it faces competition from Vivillon as another sleep powder + quiver dance sweeper. I'll give this a proper look once its presentable, but I'm just saying.

not qc just a few thought~

Why not use Own Tempo Petal Dance? Isn't that, along with sleep powder + quiver dance lilligant's niche? Locking yourself into petal dance kinda blows but its strong as hell

Also, I know this is just WIP but make sure to stress somewhere that it faces competition from Vivillon as another sleep powder + quiver dance sweeper. I'll give this a proper look once its presentable, but I'm just saying.

not qc just a few thought~
Because being locked in a Grass type move in a Fire-, Flying-, Steel-, and Bug-type Pokemon infested tier is an easy way to get counter swept? You would need to remove or weaken ALL Grass-type resists before you can freely use your STAB, as otherwise Moltres, Escavalier, Druddigon and more are all more then happy to come in and revenge you. Maybe if you can take down the 50+ somewhat viable mons that resist Grass, it becomes an amazing cleaner, but you might as well use things like Yanmega at that point who only needs Steel-types out of the way and somewhat bulky mons weakened. And not being able to use your STAB sucks when wanting to wear down frailer resists like Delphox (who doesn't even get OHKOd by Timid +1 LO Petal Dance after SR and only gets OHKOd by Modest +1 LO after SR...6.3% of the time). Yes, having a strong as hell STAB move is nice, but if you REALLY wanted to do that, you might as well go with Specs Leaf Storm, who can also opt to use Healing Wish to cheat and let you have 7 Pokemon.

Agreeing that Vivillon is pretty much Lilligant's biggest competition with two high power STABs that have a touch bit better coverage then Grass+Fire/Rock. Should probably emphasize that Lilli's better bulk and lack of a crippling SR weakness is what she has over the butterfly.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
As for the HP Rock point, it is super duper amazing for hitting Fletchinder on the switch and stopping it from completely abusing Lilligant.

I am Molk. I just got back from vacation 2 days ago, I plan to get it into QC stage by the end of the day.

EDIT: In QC stage, ready for checks.

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Personally I don't think petal dance deserves a slash, reason it was so good last gen was because of the ability to put anything to sleep, after the sleep nerf setting up past +1 is pretty difficult against a good player. Not to mention giga drain is important for recovery, and you get a strong stab to be able to use early on in the match and to wear down Lilly's counters before sweeping.

Petal Dance is used more for late game tearing through teams. It doesnt give recovery but you wont need much after threats like Fletchinder and poison types are handled. I see your point Montsegur, but the whole point of petal dance is that its a ridiculously strong stab after a boost and tears shit up. Im gonna keep it as a slash, but its still the secondary one. I'd like to see what qc feels about it too.

I already stated that its more of a late game sweeper with petal dance and i'd like to see qc's input. also hp ice isnt really good for anything besides grass and like braviary, the other options cover more weaknesses.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hidden Power Flying definitely deserves some form of mention imo. It has the great trait of hitting both Emboar and other Grass-types such as Amooguss and Virizion hard at the same time (it outright OHKOs Virizion at +1, who solidly checks Virizion otherwise, *REALLY* notable)., all while hitting the other Fire-types such as Moltres neutrally, something Hidden Power Fire can't accomplish.

I'd also remove Hidden Power Ground for sure, it doesn't really hit anything that Hidden Power Fire doesn't (magneton's taking a lot from either, Escavalier and Durant are neutral to HP Ground, Registeel takes the same damage from both, etc), i really don't think it's worth the slot over the other hidden powers in the current metagame.

I'd also like to talk about possibly adding a Choice Scarf set to this analysis as the second set. Choice Scarf Lilligant was actually pretty cool last generation as a bit of a utility mon for offensive teams, and i can see it working this generation too, although it'd require some testing.

the set would go as follows

Lilligant (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm / Petal Dance
- Hidden Power Rock / Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Flying
- Healing Wish

From this one teamslot, you get an exceptionally fast sleep inducer, a solid revenge killer and late game cleaner, and most importantly, you get Healing Wish. Which is a godsend for any offensive team that has it. The ability to just throw out an uneeded Scarf lilligant late game, pull off a super fast Healing Wish, and fully heal a Pokemon to set up as a win condition is absolutely amazing, and i personally think that's enough to warrant a set

tagging SilentVerse, Spirit, and New Breed

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ya I honestly would add scarf Lilligant, since HP nerf it will mostly just spam its STAB anyways so may as well do that off the bat with Scarf. Also Timid > Modest on the first set (re arrange slashes) because speed is very important in the base 90 region.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Should post in thread when you're done writing it. More of a future reference thing so the QC Team has no way not to notice that it's ready for 3rd check. Everything looks fine content-wise.

QC Approved 3/3

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hi
Overview
########
Lilligant returns to XY RU, but not nearly as good as in BW RU. Between the Hidden Power nerf and competition from pokemon such as Vivillon, Lilligant struggles a little bit. It does have access to the coveted Quiver Dance, an amazing boosting move. It also has a few good abilities to compliment its decent movepool, which includes Sleep Powder, Giga Drain, Petal Dance, and Healing Wish, just to name a few. With its good sSpeed and Special aAttack, Lilligant manages to carve out a niche in the RU metagame. There are a few downsides to Lilligant, however. It is definitely lacking in the bulk department. IFurthermore, its bad defensive typing certainly does not compliment its frailty. Defenses aren't the only problem, as it also doesn't have very good coverage to hit its weaknesses. Overall, Lilligant can manage to be of use on most teams, between either its offensive set, or even its support Choice Scarf set.
Quiver Dance
########
Moves
========
Quiver Dance gives Lilligant its niche, and, as a great boosting move, it allows Lilligant to be potentially dangerous to any team. Sleep Powder is very useful in the fact that it not only puts foes to sleep that may threaten your team, but also gives Lilligant a good chance to set up safely. Giga Drain is a reliable STAB move that also lets Lilligant regain any HP it may have lost. Petal Dance, on the other hand, is a high bBase pPower spammable move, and, thanks to Own Tempo, Lilligant does not get confused afterwards using the move. Petal Dance is unreliable, however since it is a, as causes Lilligant to be locked moveinto it for two to three turns. The last slot is a toss-up between Hidden Powers Rock, Hidden Power Fire, and Hidden Power Flying. Hidden Power Rock hits huge threats such as Moltres and Fletchinder on athe switch, while also hitting Bug -types and other Fire or- and Flying -types. Hidden Power Fire hits threatening Steel types- and Bug -types, includingsuch as Durant, Escavalier, and Doublade. Lastly, Hidden Power Flying hits targets that would otherwise completely wall Lilligant such as Emboar, Virizion, and Amoonguss. I; it also is able to OHKO Virizion, which is very important.
Set Details
========
As far as EVs go, 252 EVs go into its best stats, Special aAttack and Speed, with 4 EVs in HP. For it's ability, Own Tempo is used so that it can never get confused, from either Petal Dance or opponents moves likemoves that cause confusion such as Confuse Ray. Lum Berry is so that Lilligant cannot be recover from statused and crippled once. Life Orb is used for obvious purposes, to boost all of Lilligant's attacks. A Timid nature is the preferred nature, as Lilligant sits at a good sSpeed tier and needs maximized sSpeed usually.most of the time. A Modest nature can be used to hit exceptionally hard, but lowers speed a bit.
Usage Tips
========
There are a few key things to note about Lilligant when you plan on usinge it. First offly, do not switch Lilligant into any incoming attacks, as it is pretty frail. Sleep Powder should be used when you want a free opportunity to setup Quiver Dances up. If not using Sleep Powder to create opportunities to set up, set up on walls that do not threaten Lilligant such as Alomamola. Take out threats that could pose problems for Lilligant beforehand, such as Registeel and Poison -types likesuch as Golbat and Amoonguss. Lastly, use this Lilligant as a late game sweeper, as typically it cannot take out whole teams, or switch in very often most of the time.
Team Options
========
Lilligant needs a bit of help in the teammate aspect, as it needs support to function properly. Fire -type teammates such as Delphox and Moltres work especially well, as they can beat troublesome Pokemon for Lilligant includingsuch as Registeel, Amoonguss, Golbat, and Doublade. Additionally, Lilligant beats Water types-, Rock types-, and Ground -types for these pPokemon in return. Rhyperior works especially well, as it not only sets up hazards to allow Lilligant an easier time to sweep, Butbuy also beats Fire-, Poison-, and Flying -types for Lilligant. Finally, Rapid Spin users and Defog users work well as they get rid of hazards that may hinder Lilligant. Golbat, Gligar, and Hitmontop make good teammates for this role.
Choice Scarf
########
Moves
========
This Lilligant's set is mainly acting as a support role, so it's moves vary quite a bit. Sleep Powder is used to pull off a very fastinduce sleep inducer, helping out teammates. Meanwhile, Leaf Storm and Petal Dance are used as offensive options so it can do more than just support its teammates if it is need bed. Leaf Storm provides greater power, but causes Lilligant to drop its Special Attack by two. Petal Dance, on the other hand, is a move that forces you to be locked in, so it's risky to use. The third slot is a toss -up between coverage choices. Hidden Power Rock hits huge threats such as Moltres and Fletchinder on a switch, while also hitting Bug types-, Fire-, and other Fire or Flying -types. Hidden Power Fire hits threatening Steel types- and Bug -types, includingsuch as Durant, Escavalier, and Doublade. Lastly, Hidden Power Flying hits targets that would otherwise completely wall Lilligant such as Emboar, Virizion, and Amoonguss. It is able to OHKO Virizion, which is very important. The last slot is reserved for one of Lilligant's most important moves on the set, Healing Wish. The ability to send out an unneeded Lilligant late-game, pull off a speedy Healing Wish, and fully heal a Pokemon to set up as a win condition is very valuable.
Set Details
========
252 EVs go into its best stats, Special aAttack and Speed, while 4 HP iEVs are for a little bit of bulk. Own Tempo is so that it can never get confused, from either Petal Dance or opponentsconfusing moves likesuch as Confuse Ray. Lastly, Choice Scarf pulls this set together, and allows Lilligant to be a very fast support pokemon as well as late-game cleaner.
Usage Tips
========
There are a few things to keep in mind when using the Choice Scarf support Lilligant. Send it in on any walls that it can put to sleep. It's main function is to support teammates and putting threatening opponents to sleep. Also, Kkeep Lilligant around as long as possible, so it is able to pull off its huse Healing wWish late-game properly. Do not try to use this Lilligant primarily as an attacker, as it isn't very strong without its Quiver Dance boosts. It should stick to supporting teammates, or picking off weakened opponents, ort threats like Rhyperior and Alomomola.
Team Options
========
Lilligant complements many pPokemonm, so it has a wide variety of compatible teammates. Late -game sweepers make exceptionally well teammates for Lilligant, as it fully heals them and allows them to finish off an opponents team. Things like Swords Dance Cobalion fit this role nicely, and greatly appreciate the Healing Wish. Most pPokemon can benefit from Lilligant putting one of their main threats to sleep. Lilligant can function and support almost any pPokemon on most teams, and makes for an exceptional partner for anything. Finally, Rapid Spin users and Defog users work well as they get rid of hazards that may hinder Lilligant. Golbat, Gligar, and Hitmontop make good teammates for this role.
Other Options
########
For other move considerations, Lilligant has quite a few more options. Dream Eater could be used on pPokemon that Lilligant puts to sleep with Sleep Powder. Swords Dance is an option for a Pphysical set, but Sa special set is much better. Substitute can be used in tandem with Quiver Dance, as Lilligant can avoid status, and take advantage of switches with it. It can also work well, as Giga Drain can recover back the lost damage from the Substitute. A Choice Specs can be used with Petal Dance, but it's pretty unreliable. A Chlorophyll sweeper is an option with Growth in the sun, which can sweep teams nicely. Lastly, Heal Bell can be used to heal teammates of any ailments, but there are better, bulkier users of this move.
Checks & Counters
########
**Flying -types**: Flying -types pose big threats to Lilligant. Moltres can beat it with any STAB move. Fletchinder can pick it off with a priority aAcrobatics, while Golbat is bulky enough to take any hit and KO with Brave Bird. Moltres and Fletchinder should be wary of Hidden Power Rock on the switch, however.
**Fire -types**: Fire -types also make excellent checks to Lilligant. Pokemon such as Emboar, Delphox, and Magmortar have no problem picking Lilligant off with one of their STAB moves. Additionally, Magmortar has access to Vital Spirit, which allows it to be immune to Sleep Powder.
**Poison T-types**: Poison T-types are arguably the biggest threat for Lilligant. Pokemon such as Amoonguss, Weezing, Drapion, and Skuntank can all usually take a hit and KO with a Poison STAB move. Amoonguss is arguably the best due to it's immunity to Sleep Powder, and access to Clear Smog.
**Steel T-types**: Steel -types also Ppose a threat to Lilligant, as its movepool cannot always cover them. Cobalion, Escavalier, Durant, and Registeel can all either KO with a STAB move, or wear down Lilligant gradually. They must be wary of Hidden Power Fire, however, especially Durant and Escavalier.
**Opposing Grass -types**: Grass -types have a favorable type matchup against Lilligant, as they are immune to Sleep Powder. Amoonguss, Tangrowth, and Abomasnow can all take hits relatively well, and KO with a coverage move. Amoonguss can use Sludge Bomb, Tangrowth can wear it down, and Abomasnow can use Blizzard if Lilligant lacks Hidden Power Fire. Ice Shard can also be used.

GP 1/3
This needs 3 GP checks, as it was incredibly badly written.
edit: see superjocke's post!
edit2: i phrased myself badly; i meant that there were quite a few errors. i acknowledge, however, that i made a mistake; this will not happen again.

Last edited:

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So, Water Drone came to me regarding this check.

This does NOT need three checks to pass. In fact, the first checker shouldn't even be able to determine if it needs a third check, since it still needs to get that second check. It's after that you determine if it needs another check.

This is 1/2 after Water Drone has implemented it.

frenzyplant

Inertia is a property of matter.
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
2/2 :)

add remove (comments)

Overview
########

Lilligant has access to the coveted Quiver Dance, an amazing boosting move. It also has a few good abilities to compliment its decent movepool, which includes Sleep Powder, Giga Drain, Petal Dance, and Healing Wish. With its good Speed and Special Attack, Lilligant manages to carve out a niche in RU. There are It has a few downsides to Lilligant, however. It is definitely lacking in the bulk department. Furthermore, its bad defensive typing certainly does not complement its frailty. Its defenses aren't the only problem, as it also doesn't have very good coverage to hit its weaknesses, and it faces competition as a Quiver Dance user from Vivillon. Overall, Lilligant can manage to be of use on most teams, (remove comma) between either its offensive set, or even and its support Choice Scarf support set.

Quiver Dance
########

Moves
========

Quiver Dance gives Lilligant its niche, and, as a great boosting move, it allows Lilligant to be potentially dangerous to any team. Sleep Powder is very useful in that it not only puts foes that may threaten your team to sleep that may threaten your team, but also gives Lilligant a good chance to set up safely. Giga Drain is a reliable STAB move that also lets Lilligant regain any HP it may have lost. Petal Dance, on the other hand, is a high Base Power spammable move, and, thanks to Own Tempo, Lilligant does not get confused after using it the move. Petal Dance is unreliable, however, as it causes locks Lilligant to be locked into it for two to three turns. The last slot is a toss-up between Hidden Power Rock, Hidden Power Fire, and Hidden Power Flying. Hidden Power Rock hits huge threats such as Moltres and Fletchinder on the switch, while also hitting Bug-types and other Fire- and Flying-types. Hidden Power Fire hits threatening Steel- and Bug(remove space)-types, such as Durant, Escavalier, and Doublade. Lastly, Hidden Power Flying hits targets that would otherwise completely wall Lilligant, (comma) such as Emboar, Virizion, and Amoonguss; it also is able to OHKO Virizion, which is very important.

Set Details
========

As far as EVs go, 252 EVs go into its Lilligant's best stats, Special Attack and Speed, with 4 EVs in HP. For it's ability, Own Tempo is used so that it Lilligant can never get be confused, from either Petal Dance or moves that cause confusion such as Confuse Ray. Lum Berry is so that Lilligant can recover from status once, while Life Orb is used to boost the power of all of Lilligant's attacks. A Timid nature is preferred, as Lilligant sits at a good Speed tier and needs maximized Speed most of the time. A Modest nature can be used to hit exceptionally hard.

Usage Tips
========

There are a few key things to note about Lilligant when you use it. Firstly, do not switch Lilligant into any incoming attacks, as it is pretty frail. Sleep Powder should be used when you want a free opportunity to set up. If not using Sleep Powder to create opportunities to set up, set up on walls that do not threaten Lilligant, (comma) such as Alomomola. Take out threats that could pose problems for Lilligant beforehand, such as Registeel and Poison-types such as Golbat and Amoonguss. Lastly, use this Lilligant as a late-game (dash) sweeper, as it cannot take out whole teams or switch in very often most of the time.

Team Options
========

Lilligant needs support to function properly. Fire-types such as Delphox and Moltres work especially well, as they can beat troublesome Pokemon for Lilligant such as Registeel, Amoonguss, Golbat, and Doublade. Additionally, Lilligant beats Water-, Rock-, and Ground-types for these Pokemon in return. Rhyperior works especially well, as it not only sets up hazards to allow Lilligant an easier time to sweep, but also beats Fire-, Poison-, and Flying-types for Lilligant. Finally, Rapid Spin users and or Defog users such as Golbat, Gligar, and Hitmontop work well as they get rid of entry hazards that hinder Lilligant. Golbat, Gligar, and Hitmontop make good teammates for this role.

Choice Scarf
########

Moves
========

Sleep Powder is used to induce sleep inducer, helping out teammates. Leaf Storm and Petal Dance are used as offensive options so it that Lilligant can do more than just support its teammates if it is needed. Leaf Storm provides greater power, but causes halves Lilligant's to drop its Special Attack by two. Petal Dance, on the other hand, is a move that forces you to be locked locks Lilligant in in, so it's risky to use. The third slot is a toss(remove space)-up between coverage choices. Hidden Power Rock hits huge threats such as Moltres and Fletchinder on a the switch, while also hitting Bug-, Fire-, and Flying-types. Hidden Power Fire hits threatening Steel types- and Bug -types, such as Durant, Escavalier, and Doublade. Lastly, Hidden Power Flying hits targets that would otherwise completely wall Lilligant, (comma) such as Emboar, Virizion, and Amoonguss. It is able to OHKO Virizion, which is very important. The last slot holds Lilligant's most important move on the set, Healing Wish. The ability to send out an unneeded Lilligant late-game, pull off a speedy Healing Wish, and fully heal a Pokemon to set up as a win condition is very valuable.

Set Details
========

252 EVs go into its Lilligant's best stats, Special Attack and Speed, while 4 HP EVs are for a little bit of bulk. Own Tempo is used so that it can never get become confused, from either Petal Dance or confusing moves that cause confusion such as Confuse Ray. Lastly, Choice Scarf pulls this set together, and allows Lilligant to be a very fast support Pokemon as well as a late-game cleaner.

Usage Tips
========

There are a few things to keep in mind when using Lilligant. Send it in on any walls that it can put to sleep. Its main function is to support its teammates and putting threatening opponents to sleep. Also, keep Lilligant around as long as possible, (remove comma) so that it is able to use Healing Wish late-game properly. Do not try to use this Lilligant primarily as an attacker, as it isn't very strong without its Quiver Dance boosts. It should stick to supporting teammates, or and picking off weakened opponents or threats like Rhyperior and Alomomola.

Team Options
========

Lilligant complements many Pokemon, so it has a wide variety of compatible teammates. Late(remove space)-game sweepers such as Swords Dance Cobalion make exceptionally well good teammates for Lilligant, as it Healing Wish fully heals them and allows them to finish off an opponent's team. Things like Swords Dance Cobalion fit this role nicely, and greatly appreciate the Healing Wish. Most Pokemon can benefit from Lilligant putting one of their main threats checks to sleep. Lilligant can function and support almost any Pokemon on most teams, and makes for an exceptional partner for anything. Finally, Rapid Spin users and or Defog users such as Golbat, Gligar, and Hitmontop work well as they get rid of entry hazards that may hinder Lilligant. Golbat, Gligar, and Hitmontop make good teammates for this role.

Other Options
########

For other move considerations, Lilligant has quite a few more options. Dream Eater could can be used in tandem on Pokemon that Lilligant puts to sleep with Sleep Powder. Swords Dance is an option for a physical set, but a special set is much better. Substitute can be used in tandem with Quiver Dance, as Lilligant can to allow Lilligant to avoid status and take advantage of switches with it. It can also work well, as Giga Drain can recover back the lost damage lost from the Substitute. Choice Specs can be used with Petal Dance, but it's pretty unreliable. A Chlorophyll set with Growth sweeper is an option with Growth in the sun, which and can sweep teams nicely. Lastly, Heal Bell can be used to heal teammates of any ailments, but there are better, bulkier users of this the move.

Checks & Counters
########

**Flying-types**: Flying(remove space)-types pose big threats to Lilligant. Moltres can beat it with any STAB move. Fletchinder can pick it off with a priority Acrobatics, while Golbat is bulky enough to take any hit and KO it with Brave Bird. Moltres and Fletchinder should be wary of Hidden Power Rock on the switch, however.

**Fire-types**: Fire-types also make excellent checks to Lilligant. Pokemon such as Emboar, Delphox, and Magmortar have no problem picking Lilligant off with one of their STAB moves. Additionally, Magmortar has access to Vital Spirit, which allows it to be immune gives it an immunity to Sleep Powder.

**Poison-types**: Poison-types are arguably the biggest threat for to Lilligant. Pokemon such as Amoonguss, Weezing, Drapion, and Skuntank can all usually take a hit and KO Lilligant with a Poison-type STAB move. Amoonguss is arguably the best Poison-type check due to its immunity to Sleep Powder, and access to Clear Smog.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types also pose a threat to Lilligant, as its movepool cannot always cover them. Cobalion, Escavalier, Durant, and Registeel can all either KO it with a STAB move, (remove comma) or wear down Lilligant gradually. They must be wary of Hidden Power Fire, however.

**Opposing Grass-types**: Grass-types have a favorable type matchup against Lilligant, as they are immune to Sleep Powder. Amoonguss, Tangrowth, and Abomasnow can all take hits relatively well, (remove comma) and KO Lilligant with a coverage move. Amoonguss can use Sludge Bomb, Tangrowth can wear it down, and Abomasnow can use Blizzard if Lilligant lacks Hidden Power Fire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)