Big Lord of the Rings Mafia - Game Over! Forces of Sauron Win!

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
That is nowhere near enough to convince me when "a piercing gaze" is in the bloody sauron wiki
What sense does it even make for Sauron to be in the game? If we somehow lynch him tomorrow, welp, good game everybody, let's all go home. We know the ring is in play and that somehow represents the goals of each faction, with this many quasi-vanillas in play it's not very logical to assume there even is a Sauron.

Second, what would YOU make his flavor? Fireworks? Would you make it a reference to one line from the movie that people won't shut up about? Would you really be that tripe? This is a perfect fit for Gandalf and wizardry, anyone in #flamel playing in this game can step up and vouch for that (including LW).

Not gonna respond to your first point because it makes absolutely no sense.

I would make his flavour something that relates more to the character than merely staring. He has a fucking staff and his flavour is staring?

LW is no more likely Gandalf than he is Sauron/Eye of Sauron

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
What exactly does he DO with his staff? I really don't think you know much about the flavor of this series. Sure, I guess he could use Narya, the ring of fire... but I'm betting most players don't even know what is. Would you think it'd very wizardly if he used his Glamdring, or would you make a stink and say he must be some sword wielding bad guy? Don't bring up flavor as a condemnation if you don't actually know what you are talking about.

Not gonna respond to your first point because it makes absolutely no sense.

I would make his flavour something that relates more to the character than merely staring. He has a fucking staff and his flavour is staring?

LW is no more likely Gandalf than he is Sauron/Eye of Sauron
You're being incredibly stubborn here. Not only are you massively overestimating the importance of the flavour, but you're also ignoring that no other inspector or alliance checker and no other Gandalf has stepped up to counter claim. Of course Gandalf could just be a mafia safe claim (although given how important Gandalf is to the story as a whole that's not exactly likely), but this is a semi-NOC designed to limit the village leader system; the odds of there being more than one inspect/alliance check (and in a game like this they're more or less equivalent) are fairly slim; at most we'll have a backup of some kind. If LW was mafia, then odds are the village inspect/alliance checker would have come out by now and counterclaimed, so I think we're pretty safe. I'm not 100% sure about LW but atm he's about as trusty a villager as we have.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Why would I make my flavour of my alliance check GAZING if it was a fake, there was no way for it to get revealed since my target won't get no result from it. If it was for the sake of faking I'm sure I could come up with a fucking better action to use, but this is what I have been dealt and what i have to use. If I was A hooker, martyr, or even KILLER, you'd have a fucking point, but I'm NOT so your argument is like the user, moot.

LightWolf

lightwoof
I remind everyone the deadline is looming upon us, and I plan to be asleep while it happens, so please send my your claims in Smogon Conversations before this turns NOC if you don't want us to play a stupid guessing game where I start with people that failed to claim to me!!!!!!!!!!

As for my fellow members of the Fellowship, please contact me, getting our power roles working right is imperative for our success. If you wish to not trust me yet then please take care of not using your role if it could cause yours or those of others to be wasted, especially if it can cause DEATH!!!!!

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Apparently people really hate Firebot. After the death of THE_IRON_KENYAN yesterday, someone decided that RODAN must die as well. His body was scarred by a Morgul Blade.

Da Letter El said:
Dear RODAN, you are Gimli.

You are a member of the Fellowship of the Ring, as well as a proud dwarf and axeman. You may seem small in stature, but what you lack in height you make up for with sheer strength.

Every night you may submit a PM titled “NX-<user> has my axe”. If anyone attempts to murder <user>, you will run the perpetrator off with your axe. You obviously cannot pledge your axe to yourself, and you cannot pledge your axe to the same person two nights in a row.

Finally, you know that there is a certain elf in this game who has a similar ability to yours. However, you know what happens when elves and dwarfs hang around each other...if you try and protect the same person as this elf, both of your actions will fail because you will be too busy arguing whether or not dwarves or elves are the superior race.

You are allied with Middle Earth. You win if all threats are eliminated.
To make matters worse, it appears that Agape decided to wander off during the night. All that was left of him were rotting remains in a cave and a spider bite on his neck.

Da Letter El said:
You are a Soldier of Gondor.

You are a simple fighter who has lived under the shadow of Mordor your entire life. You aren’t sure of much, but you know that you will give your life to defend your homeland if it comes to it.

You have no night action. However, if more than half of all living Soldiers of Gondor vote for the same person during a given day, that person will have one additional vote levied on him or her.

You are allied with Middle Earth. You win if all threats are eliminated.
A poor start to the day for the village, but you raise your chins at the possibility of lynching a bad man today.

It is now Day 2. Deadline is in 48 hours on Saturday, July 12th at 8 PM EDT. Sending out results now.

Last edited:
RODAN's death is a little suspicious since I just can't accept that it was a randkill. If it was indeed intentional (which is more likely), then fingers have to be pointed to whoever RODAN gave info to, who is LW (who asked for those who are members of the Fellowship to contact him). There is a chance that RODAN gave his info to another person who we don't know about, or that he was rand inspected by the maf/wolf n0 (but why would he be the one rand inspected?), but his death is suspicious nevertheless.

FoS LightWolf

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
We have two leaders collecting info, one who mislynched yesterday, but let's keep blaming Lightwolf because we don't know anything about the LotR mythos.

Granted, sometimes good roles just get randed. Villages have been completely torn apart because night after night it seemed like the kills were too perfect when it was all coincidence. We're only one night in, cool your jets and let's wait to see if either leader has some actual ideas on who to lynch.

Curiously, a quick search said that RODAN only made ... one post. And it had like no content. So... what to do? We could use Eagle's reasoning... or we could realize that all Paperblade did just then was jump behind someone else's opinion and agree. Really?

Lynch Paperblade

UncleSam

Leading this village
Hey everyone so LightWolf requested an extension as a result of Hungarian Floods destroying his laptop or something...I was going to extend but you are all so good at getting actions in that Da Letter El (who I forgot to tell this to!) decided to go ahead and update on his own in my absence!

The day will be 24 hours longer than it would have been as a result, and as such deadline for this day is at 8 PM EDT on July 13th!

I don't think LightWolf would be that stupid if he was mafia. This situation does make LW very suspicious but it's almost too suspicious. Like Eagle I don't think RODAN's is random. If LW is village then maybe the mafia have a mafia version of Gandalf.

Or LW and other mafia members are stupid enough to kill RODAN right after he gave his role to LW.

Or it was random I dunno.

UncleSam

Leading this village
RODAN is dead. Once posted an update will not be repealed barring a host mistake; there was no mistake with this update. I am extending this Day in order to hopefully give LW enough time to replace his laptop and still post during the cycle if need be.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok so I'll fully admit that I'm new to this, so I'm not sure quite what I'm doing here, and maybe I'm reading too much into too little, but:

As for my fellow members of the Fellowship, please contact me, getting our power roles working right is imperative for our success. If you wish to not trust me yet then please take care of not using your role if it could cause yours or those of others to be wasted, especially if it can cause DEATH!!!!!
Finally, you know that there is a certain elf in this game who has a similar ability to yours. However, you know what happens when elves and dwarfs hang around each other...if you try and protect the same person as this elf, both of your actions will fail because you will be too busy arguing whether or not dwarves or elves are the superior race.
This sounds like LW knew of the existence of one of gimli and presumably Legolas, knew what they did, and was attempting to communicate with the other one. This leaves two options: one, LW knew Rodan was gimli, and was attempting to prevent Legolas from doing anything, or two, LW had spoken to Legolas, and was trying to make sure Rodan didn't interfere with whatever he wanted him to do.

As I said, I'm new, but what reason is there in case one for LW to make his post. If he is scum he knew rodan was the target. Presumably Legolas does not know Rodan is gimli, given Rodan claimed to LW. I don't see any reason for LW to make this post trying to prevent legolas from doing anything, because he knew legolas' action would be useless.

This leads to the conclusion that LW was unaware of Rodan, and as such, assuming it wasn't just a random lucky kill, Rodan claimed to someone not LW who was scummy, which leads me to believe Ullar.

Lynch Ullar

then again, since I'm new and reaching, I welcome people's counterpoints to this, and will certainly reconsider

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Well. That sucks.

At least Agape turning up town gives us something to work with - let's look at who he cast suspicion on.

As for you, imanalt - RODAN refused to claim to me. He said, iirc, that I was a shitty poster who would also be a shitty leader. It sucks that he's dead, but I'm honestly trying here. I gave all my claims to LW - he can attest that RODAN is not among them. And as far as I heard, he didn't claim to LW after his post.

I will look back through the thread and see who needs to be grilled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)