Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspected that megagross would stand on it's hindlimbs with it's frontlimbs becoming arms but that horn is awkward. It's like GF is physically incapable of noticing such design flaws.....that or i have a dirty mind

I suspected that megagross would stand on it's hindlimbs with it's frontlimbs becoming arms but that horn is awkward. It's like GF is physically incapable of noticing such design flaws.....that or i have a dirty mind
Or it could just levitate...

And it's not just you. Even I couldn't help but notice.

Honestly, I think Metagross has one of my favorite designs for a Mega, especially if that really is a Metang and a Beldum fused to it's belly. MegaGross doesn't stand on it's hind legs anyway, so I'm not sure how you came up with that imagery; My first thought was of a giant stinger, to be perfectly honest. Even if MegaGross did pose in such a way that that image would become more noticeable, it would hardly be GF's first screw up. I still remember thinking that GF would receive a lot of hate from parents for displaying explicit imagery, the first time I saw a screenshot of Hawlucha. Those poorly positioned feathers... and let's not forget about Beartic, Blaziken, and...Good Lord, Reshiram.

It has 6 brains, I'm sure Megagross can overcome that balance issue.
Seven, if you count the Beldum on the bottom. The realization that it was there was what first made me think that dirty thoughts would be tied to it.

It's not very clear right now, but it looks like there's one more layer in!

Beldum's also peeking out!

I feel like the top limbs are Metagross' original ones (and so only the 2 forelimbs grew) and the bottom two giant claws are actually Metang's. Up to interpretation, really.
Aha! Mega Meta's design is finally making sense to me if the bottom giant claws are to be interpreted as an extra Metang's, with Metagross' back legs/arms just rotating backward.

I like it a lot more now that it makes sense as a progression of Metagross' original design, and not just random cut and pasting of Metagross' limbs.

Reactions: Spy
Did anyone bother doing a reverse calculation on Metagross HP? It seems rather low

168 HP for a Level 50

252 EV

15 IV 69

31 IV 61

152 EV

15 IV 82

31 IV 74

0 IV

15 IV 101

31 IV 93

Take note I have no idea how to calculate
Shit. Level 50 0 IVs 252 EVs Metagross' HP is 171. Or it could just be that it doesn't have Max HP

Right now, I think Mega Metagross is really cool. Finally a good who desperately needed a mega since Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire.

And I saw just a video about what would happen if Mega Salamence happened. I personally think that is totally unnecessary and stupid. People want it to be a Fire/Dragon type... Are you kidding me? Just because it's the shittiest dragon this generation it doesn't mean it has to copy the best dragon in OU! There's absolutely no reason to want it be that type unless you're a stupid fanboy who just wants to compensate his lonelyness and that his hero, that was in OU in all generations and Uber in DP/PT, has to just copy whoever he can like a dirty rat. No, fuck you Salamence. Fuck you, you're not gonna be immune to burn. Fuck you, you're still mantaining that crippling 4x weakness to ice. And fuck you, you deserve to not be either in OU or Uber. I just hope that if it does mega evolve it's just a waste, like with Garchomp.

And I saw a video about what would happen if Mega mence happened. I personally think that is totally unnecessary & stupid. People want it to be a Fire/Dragon type...Are you kidding me?
Yeah we don't need another charx wannabe. Although if we get megamence it would be neat as
Dragon/water: gets hydropump
Dragon/flying(with aerilate yes/yes?)
OR Dragon/fighting.
Really hope megamence fixes those hideous wings. They look like cardboard srsly.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Right now, I think Mega Metagross is really cool. Finally a good who desperately needed a mega since Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire.

And I saw just a video about what would happen if Mega Salamence happened. I personally think that is totally unnecessary and stupid. People want it to be a Fire/Dragon type... Are you kidding me? Just because it's the shittiest dragon this generation it doesn't mean it has to copy the best dragon in OU! There's absolutely no reason to want it be that type unless you're a stupid fanboy who just wants to compensate his lonelyness and that his hero, that was in OU in all generations and Uber in DP/PT, has to just copy whoever he can like a dirty rat. No, fuck you Salamence. Fuck you, you're not gonna be immune to burn. Fuck you, you're still mantaining that crippling 4x weakness to ice. And fuck you, you deserve to not be either in OU or Uber. I just hope that if it does mega evolve it's just a waste, like with Garchomp.
By saying that, the laws that govern the universe will now guarantee your worst fears will come true, except worse than you imagine. Watch Mega Salamence become the next Mega Gengar of Ubers.

I'm really glad Metagross got a cool looking Mega. He was the poster-boy of Gen 3 and the champion's signature mon, not giving him a Mega would be silly. He should became OU viable again. as his stats were already well positioned. As long as GF focus their boosts in attack and defenses (not special attack or speed) he will be a massive pain to take down. 165 attack (plus tough claws), 160 def and 120 sdef should do that trick with the last 10 being dumped elsewhere (GF almost always do that). As 70 speed is nothing special a speed drop for more power and def would be really appreciated.

As dragonite (who is VERY popular) never got a mega I don't think Salamence will either. They both have a long history of being being extremely effective in the metagame and GF probably thinks they are strong and versatile enough. They don't need at mega and I personally don't want them to get one either. Then again they did garchomp and broke Gengar so what do I know? But I really hope Flygon gets one. It is one of my fave dragons but the power creep has made him forgotten. And with this new move tutor guy with a flygon there is a real chance of getting a flygonite from him post game.

I'm really glad Metagross got a cool looking Mega. He was the poster-boy of Gen 3 and the champion's signature mon, not giving him a Mega would be silly. He should became OU viable again. as his stats were already well positioned. As long as GF focus their boosts in attack and defenses (not special attack or speed) he will be a massive pain to take down. 165 attack (plus tough claws), 160 def and 120 sdef should do that trick with the last 10 being dumped elsewhere (GF almost always do that). As 70 speed is nothing special a speed drop for more power and def would be really appreciated.

As dragonite (who is VERY popular) never got a mega I don't think Salamence will either. They both have a long history of being being extremely effective in the metagame and GF probably thinks they are strong and versatile enough. They don't need at mega and I personally don't want them to get one either. Then again they did garchomp and broke Gengar so what do I know? But I really hope Flygon gets one. It is one of my fave dragons but the power creep has made him forgotten. And with this new move tutor guy with a flygon there is a real chance of getting a flygonite from him post game.
I hope so. They don't need or deserve one. On the other hand, Metagross really did deserve one. I do agree however, that Flygon desperately needs one. It's one of the really few dragons that need a buff, like Altaria. Metagross will have amazing stats, and I hope its speed is increased because after all, the speed stat trust me it's the most important one. What happened to Blaziken? Had awesome offensive stats but had a terrible speed. He was in NU until he got a buff to its speed and boom, it's in Ubers. But seriously, I don't think Metagross deserves Tough Claws. It would have an overpowered attack and good defenses.. Seriously, I also saw that TC crap with the fanmade video of mega Salamence. Please no. Tough Claws users should have base 130-140 attack, not a 185 or 175 attack that Metagross' attack may be. I think maybe it deserves something like an ability that either helps its defenses or its attack but not too much. Like for example no Tough Claws or adaptability. You see, just as long as it isn't overpowered I'm fine with that. You saw what happened with Adaptability base 145 attack Lucario? Gone to Ubers. Sometimes it's just annoying how something can be so overpowered. It's not even fun for the players.

The major problem with Mega-gross will still be its typing, hopefully because of the mega stone it just takes KnockOff at 65BP but with Aegislash being one of the best, if not THE best, 'mon in OU and all those Foul Play/Sucker Punch around, it's gonna be very hard for him to work i think.

By the way who's getting Mega Sceptile? Seriously I have loved him since I was like 6 years old. It was my favorite Pokemon until I saw Charizard. (Yes I didn't know about Pokemon until Pokemon gen 3, except if you count the anime)

And if there is gonna be a gen 4 remakes, which are probable, I will pick Mega Infernape. (Probably in a few years somebody is reading this saying "It's already out", and this post looks silly)

Tough Claws users should have base 130-140 attack, not a 185 or 175 attack that Metagross' attack may be. I think maybe it deserves something like an ability that either helps its defenses or its attack but not too much. Like for example no Tough Claws or adaptability. You see, just as long as it isn't overpowered I'm fine with that. You saw what happened with Adaptability base 145 attack Lucario? Gone to Ubers.
Now here's where you're dead wrong.
Mega Lucario didn't get banned just because of it's ability. It got banned because of it's ridiculously good typing, versatility in set-up moves and very weird, trolly speed tier in conjunction with Adaptability.
Mega Charizard X is so good, again, because of it's type combination, movepool, well-placed stats and Dragon Dance in conjunction with Tough Claws. It gets the best set-up move in the game, a STAB combination resisted only by Heatran and Azumarill (iirc), a speed tier that lets it outspeed a lot of 'mon and scarfers and either Earthquake or Roost in the last slot to make it unstoppable.
Metagross, meanwhile, currently has a bad speed and in all honesty a bad typing. So, yes, I think it DOES need tough claws on top of circa-175 base attack to be useful - could be some sort of wallbreaker. Mega Lucario and Mega Charizard X don't get by just on their abilities. You need to remember there's more to it than just raw attacking power.

Why haven't we talked about how Steven now looks snazzy as fuck?

If they do change it's typing, I'd rather not mono-steel. Way too similar to Aggron.
I don't think it'd be too similar to Aggron. M-Aggron is a defensive behemoth, whereas MegaGross looks more in line with a bulky offensive sweeper, or even wallbreaker, especially if it gets Tough Claws, or even Iron Fist. Similar, but opposite sides of the coin.

I don't think it'd be too similar to Aggron. M-Aggron is a defensive behemoth, whereas MegaGross looks more in line with a bulky offensive sweeper, or even wallbreaker, especially if it gets Tough Claws, or even Iron Fist. Similar, but opposite sides of the coin.
Even so... two dual-typed steel Pokémon from Hoenn who lose their secondary typing to become only steel in their mega evolution? I think that's a little too similar for my liking; they should at least make Megagross a dual Steel/whatever type if they're going down that route.
That said I don't think it's typing will be changed at all.

Even so... two dual-typed steel Pokémon from Hoenn who lose their secondary typing to become only steel in their mega evolution? I think that's a little too similar for my liking; they should at least make Megagross a dual Steel/whatever type if they're going down that route.
That said I don't think it's typing will be changed at all.
Yes another secondary type would be better of course, but from the design the only hope for a better typing was just dropping the psychic typing :/

Actually, if you look really close to the scan, you can see the typing is still Steel / Psychic.
It's not super clear of course, but you can figure out by the number of characters and the shape.

Now here's where you're dead wrong.
Mega Lucario didn't get banned just because of it's ability. It got banned because of it's ridiculously good typing, versatility in set-up moves and very weird, trolly speed tier in conjunction with Adaptability.
Mega Charizard X is so good, again, because of it's type combination, movepool, well-placed stats and Dragon Dance in conjunction with Tough Claws. It gets the best set-up move in the game, a STAB combination resisted only by Heatran and Azumarill (iirc), a speed tier that lets it outspeed a lot of 'mon and scarfers and either Earthquake or Roost in the last slot to make it unstoppable.
Metagross, meanwhile, currently has a bad speed and in all honesty a bad typing. So, yes, I think it DOES need tough claws on top of circa-175 base attack to be useful - could be some sort of wallbreaker. Mega Lucario and Mega Charizard X don't get by just on their abilities. You need to remember there's more to it than just raw attacking power.

Why haven't we talked about how Steven now looks snazzy as fuck?
Metagross resists 9 types out of the 18, and one is fairy. Resists HALF OF THE TOTAL OF TYPINGS. That is definitely not a bad typing. And it's immune to poison. So that's 10!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)