XY OU Analysis Reservation Index - READ CAREFULLY (MAKING A NEW THREAD)

With the recent banning of Deo-S, I think Azelf deserves an analysis. It differentiates itself from Klefki for a dual screens role with taunt and sr, and has pretty much the same misc. support options not including spikes, but has explosion. I can't write it because my comp broke and my iPad is a bitch, but I think it deserves an analysis now.

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus
With the recent banning of Deo-S, I think Azelf deserves an analysis. It differentiates itself from Klefki for a dual screens role with taunt and sr, and has pretty much the same misc. support options not including spikes, but has explosion. I can't write it because my comp broke and my iPad is a bitch, but I think it deserves an analysis now.
Talked on IRC with some other QC members and we agree that this should get an analysis.

Smog Frog, if you would like to write it then go ahead. If not, we'll open this up for grabs.

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus
I can't write it, at least not until my comp gets fixed. It's up for grabs. If no one took it by the time my comp gets fixed, I'll take it.
Ah, my bad, I forgot about that part in your post. Anyways, for everyone else, you may reserve the Azelf analysis. As always make sure you know what you're doing before you write it, and yes, we expect you to test it out first because it's not a carbon-copy of Deoxys-S.

As per the request of chaos, preliminary analyses of Volcanion, Hoppa, and Diancie or required, based on theorymon, and will be revamped post-release. Because of the nature of these analyses, they are not reservable by the general public just yet. If you are QC member and want to take one, feel free, but if not, they are not available right now. Bear in mind they may be in the future, but there is legitimate reason why they aren't right now, and as such, priority is given to QC members if they want to work on them.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
If Celebi is available, may I take it? I have used it extensively and understand it very well, despite not thing the best pokemon in the meta right now.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
It was on the unreserved section, but thanks for the note!

Haha, Nog took it, I checked and blanked when I saw celebi :P

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is hoopa even worth an analysis? It's type coverage is kinda redundant and it is extremely prone to pursuit trapping as well as the omnipresent knock off due to it being 4x weak to dark.
Hyperspace hole is pretty cool since it goes through protect, but that's about it IMO.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Was thinking

All Out Attacker
Volcanion @ Choice Specs / Leftovers
Evs: 252 SpA / 96 Spe / 160 Hp
- Steam Eruption
- Fire blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Grass / Ice

Best hope is to

a) Counter Azumarill
b) Spam the shit out of Steam Eruption

Specs does B better, lefties does A better. Sludge Bomb is basically compulsory because again countering Azumarill is a big deal and there isn't much else to go there. Speed is to get past Adamant Azumarill (someone double check), and its also nice to creep on Mandibuzz, Heatran, Mega Scizor, Venusaur, you know how it is. HP Grass hits Scrotom and other water types that resist dual STAB. Hp Ice hits Dragons, mostly Lati, because Dragonite doesn't much care for Steam Eruption. Will-O-Wisp has its place too.

Flame Charge and powerherb solarbeam could be cool I guess. ASsault Vest seems bad because lol no power and lol no recovery. Volcanion LOATHES Chansey because Heal Bell and walled to hell so Explosion could be useful to chunk it and retain momentum. I don't think Focus Blast has any use other than like Hydreigon and perhaps mega Gyarados. Toxic / Roar / PRotect to mimic Heatran. Don't see much else happening here.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Halcyon is doing Volcanion btw

btw I'm on vacation and will try to get whatever uploading and updating taken care of ASAP when I can access a computer

i would do celebi but apparently thats taken too :( so is there any left? because the unreserved list list seems to have been updated 5 months ago

i would do celebi but apparently thats taken too :( so is there any left? because the unreserved list list seems to have been updated 5 months ago
Currently nothing is available in OU, but, if you bring up good sets / sets that need revamps, then you may get approved :].

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It was updated last week, I'm away without computer access.

Nothing is available atm tho if you see something you think needs an update just bring it up.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I made a post about Noivern here which gives greater detail on its viability over Latios and Latias but to sum it up:
  • Greater Speed (most important one)
  • Access to Flamethrower
  • Infiltrator as well as the offenses to punish Kyurem-B and Gengar, the most common Sub users
  • Lack of Pursuit/Sucker Punch weakness (with pretty much the same Physical bulk)
  • Niche options like Taunt and U-turn
are the exact aspects of Noivern that it has over the Eon duo. Being the only Dragon-type faster than the twins alone should honestly be enough to give it a niche analysis but I was told to post it here to make sure it gets approval.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)