Tournament Neverused Premier League Preseason Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of stars in Money Maker Musharnas:

Zebraiken
/ Lasagne / Scorpdestroyer / Honko / Montsegur / blaziken1337 / Alphose_Eric / Minus / Jonater / Bobby_REKT / Iplaytennislol / Assassin_Rogue / Kiyo / Rob / Oshony_PokeGod / Tomahawk

On Sale Buys:
Alphose_Eric to Money Maker Musharnas for 6000
Assassin Rogue to Money Maker Musharnas for 3000

Thats a steal, as Raseri said... "WOW I HAD 10k FOR ROGUE IN MY BUDGET"

Rogue is at 1561 ELO and I think he dropped from 1600s.

I think Raseri has done an amazing job with research and bidding; and Money Maker Musharnas are clearly finishing in the top 2.

Go! Musharnas!

p.s: The folks highlighted are great people that I know.

Last edited:
A lot of stars in Money Maker Musharnas:

Zebraiken
/ Lasagne / Scorpdestroyer / Honko / Montsegur / blaziken1337 / Alphose_Eric / Minus / Jonater / Bobby_REKT / Iplaytennislol / Assassin_Rogue / Kiyo / Rob / Oshony_PokeGod / Tomahawk

On Sale Buys:
Alphose_Eric to Money Maker Musharnas for 6000
Assassin Rogue to Money Maker Musharnas for 3000

Thats a steal, as Raseri said... "WOW I HAD 10k FOR ROGUE IN MY BUDGET"

Rogue is at 1561 ELO and I think he dropped from 1600s.

I think Raseri has done an amazing job with research and bidding; and Money Maker Musharnas are clearly finishing in the top 2.

Go! Musharnas!

Don't foget to mention Lasagne, Scorp, and Minus, all of which who pack a punch in terms of stardom. Jonater can put together a good team if he tries, and other players such as Blaziken and Oshony are very solid when given the right tools.

Don't foget to mention Lasagne, Scorp, and Minus, all of which who pack a punch in terms of stardom. Jonater can put together a good team if he tries, and other players such as Blaziken and Oshony are very solid when given the right tools.
Lol... everyone is the best ;)

Brawlfest, I only highlighted the folks with whom I have interacted.
But of course, Money Maker Musharnas have a huge star cast. Go! Musharnas!

p.s: Army of Armaldos is not bad either :P

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A lot of stars in Playboy Lopunnys:
atomicllamas / Tachycardia / Meeps / Sweep / Laurel / Incon / TheCanadianWifier / SOMALIA /Fusxfaranto / Qwilphish / Kavatika / Dat Blast / .Robert / s_aman / DeathxShinigami

On Sale Buys:
Everyone for less than 15K

Thats a steal

atomicllamas hasn't laddered in months and I think he was dropped from a ladder as a baby.

I think Hollywood has done an amazing job with research and bidding; and Playboy Lopunnys are clearly finishing in as the winners.

Go! Bunnies!

A lot of stars in Playboy Lopunnys:
atomicllamas / Tachycardia / Meeps / Sweep / Laurel / Incon / TheCanadianWifier / SOMALIA /Fusxfaranto / Qwilphish / Kavatika / Dat Blast / .Robert / s_aman / DeathxShinigami

On Sale Buys:
Everyone for less than 15K

Thats a steal

atomicllamas hasn't laddered in months and I think he was dropped from a ladder as a baby.

I think Hollywood has done an amazing job with research and bidding; and Playboy Lopunnys are clearly finishing in as the winners.

Go! Bunnies!

Lol... nice spoof Hollywood.

I get it tho... Everyone rocks and all Teams have stars.

But lets see the standings after the first week ;P

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, you can call me the Whitequeen of NU, and I am here to bring you special preseason rankings of the teams with my fabulous and unbiased opinion.

Coming in 6th place in my fabulous, unbiased, preseason rankings is Quite Quiet's Army of Armaldos.

karane - Sorry, don't know you

Aladyyn - A decent BW2 NU player who did well in farm league, will possibly come through with some clutch match ups, but will still find himself to be outgunned often in the star-packed BW2 NU tier

Royalty - Former BWUU superstar, and XY UU powerhouse, will probably use Wartortle and Xatu every match and be counter teamed

Finchinator - Holding some position of authority on PO that I am not actually sure of, he is definitely a threat, though he did fall victim to Shuckleking87's yanma in an NU mini tour leading some to question his competency

Brawlfest - Relatively new compared to most NUers, he finds himself to be among the most veteran of his NUPL team, not a good sign for Armaldo fans

Nozzle - well known in the NU community for being a friendly face username, not much is really known about his battling prowess, probably one of the stronger members of this team

iTeddeh - Sorry, I don't know you

Deej Dy - Sorry, I don't know you

NeverUsedTier - Sorry, I don't know you

Meru - XY UU stall goddess Meru finds himself in a tier where stall is historically pretty bad, only time will tell if he can adapt

The Goomy - Sorry, I don't know you

Bazi - Sorry, I don't know you

Expulso - Host of the scRUb league and commonly found on the PS! ru, lc, and maybe NU rooms (idk), maybe his intimate knowledge of PS! will come in handy, maybe

violett - Sorry, I don't know you

JirachiCelebiMew - NU's whipping boy, gets a lot of shit he probably doesn't deserve, tends to choke which could bite him in the ass

ZangoosePro - Sorry, I don't know you

HJAD - Sorry, I don't know you

srk1214 - Smogon Doubles resident homosexual is new to the NU tier, lacking the experience of most players in singles does not look good for this man

Metal Sonic - well known for having literally one team in BW UU, how will he fare in a tier where that team is no longer legal

Barton - PS! moderator Barton spends a lot of his time on PS!, I have never seen him play though which is pretty weird

FireMage - The last player bought in this years NUPL, Firemage will be thirsty for revenge will he get it? Probably not

Quite Quiet - the most unknown of NUPL managers, sorry, I don't know you, probably better than trash managers like Tennisace and Soulgazer

XY: Nozzle - A solid choice for Nozzle, though on many teams he would find himself in the third or fourth slot, he is going to need some luck against opposing the opposing XY top seeds

XY: iTeddeh - ya still don't know you, sorry

XY: NeverUsedTier - ya still don't know you, sorry

XY: Brawlfest - putting Brawlfest in the 4th slot is a relatively good idea by Quite Quiet, as he will have a good match up against many of the other 4th seed XYers, expect some wins here

BW2: JirachiCelebiMew - A solid player, but I am not convinced of his ability to match up against other BW2 top threats like annoyer, Tachycardia, and Afro Smash, good luck JCM

BW2: Aladyyn - In the second slot of BW2 I think Aladyyn has a solid chance to get a couple wins, definitely a threat to watch out for

BW1: Finchinator - I don't know shit about BW1, but finch is probably a respectable player

DPP: Meru - Putting Meru in DPP NU seems like the wrong choice for someone who has made his name known during XY, although this may be do to the fact that no one else on this team has played DPP, this tier is a toss up anyways, unless you are playing honko in which case you lose

Manager: Quite Quiet - I expect 1 or 2 surprise wins from this slot

Overall I don't see this team ever getting more than 3 wins in a single week, and they may even struggle to make it on the board against some of the better teams which will be revealed through out the day / week / when I feel like it. I also feel like the line up they have chosen to run in the first week is not their best possible line up, and some changes later in the season could give them a greater chance. Good luck, and may the hax be with you o.o.

Hi, you can call me the Whitequeen of NU, and I am here to bring you special preseason rankings of the teams with my fabulous and unbiased opinion.

Coming in 6th place in my fabulous, unbiased, preseason rankings is Quite Quiet's Army of Armaldos.

karane - Sorry, don't know you

Aladyyn - A decent BW2 NU player who did well in farm league, will possibly come through with some clutch match ups, but will still find himself to be outgunned often in the star-packed BW2 NU tier

Royalty - Former BWUU superstar, and XY UU powerhouse, will probably use Wartortle and Xatu every match and be counter teamed

Finchinator - Holding some position of authority on PO that I am not actually sure of, he is definitely a threat, though he did fall victim to Shuckleking87's yanma in an NU mini tour leading some to question his competency

Brawlfest - Relatively new compared to most NUers, he finds himself to be among the most veteran of his NUPL team, not a good sign for Armaldo fans

Nozzle - well known in the NU community for being a friendly face username, not much is really known about his battling prowess, probably one of the stronger members of this team

iTeddeh - Sorry, I don't know you

Deej Dy - Sorry, I don't know you

NeverUsedTier - Sorry, I don't know you

Meru - XY UU stall goddess Meru finds himself in a tier where stall is historically pretty bad, only time will tell if he can adapt

The Goomy - Sorry, I don't know you

Bazi - Sorry, I don't know you

Expulso - Host of the scRUb league and commonly found on the PS! ru, lc, and maybe NU rooms (idk), maybe his intimate knowledge of PS! will come in handy, maybe

violett - Sorry, I don't know you

JirachiCelebiMew - NU's whipping boy, gets a lot of shit he probably doesn't deserve, tends to choke which could bite him in the ass

ZangoosePro - Sorry, I don't know you

HJAD - Sorry, I don't know you

srk1214 - Smogon Doubles resident homosexual is new to the NU tier, lacking the experience of most players in singles does not look good for this man

Metal Sonic - well known for having literally one team in BW UU, how will he fare in a tier where that team is no longer legal

Barton - PS! moderator Barton spends a lot of his time on PS!, I have never seen him play though which is pretty weird

FireMage - The last player bought in this years NUPL, Firemage will be thirsty for revenge will he get it? Probably not

Quite Quiet - the most unknown of NUPL managers, sorry, I don't know you, probably better than trash managers like Tennisace and Soulgazer

XY: Nozzle - A solid choice for Nozzle, though on many teams he would find himself in the third or fourth slot, he is going to need some luck against opposing the opposing XY top seeds

XY: iTeddeh - ya still don't know you, sorry

XY: NeverUsedTier - ya still don't know you, sorry

XY: Brawlfest - putting Brawlfest in the 4th slot is a relatively good idea by Quite Quiet, as he will have a good match up against many of the other 4th seed XYers, expect some wins here

BW2: JirachiCelebiMew - A solid player, but I am not convinced of his ability to match up against other BW2 top threats like annoyer, Tachycardia, and Afro Smash, good luck JCM

BW2: Aladyyn - In the second slot of BW2 I think Aladyyn has a solid chance to get a couple wins, definitely a threat to watch out for

BW1: Finchinator - I don't know shit about BW1, but finch is probably a respectable player

DPP: Meru - Putting Meru in DPP NU seems like the wrong choice for someone who has made his name known during XY, although this may be do to the fact that no one else on this team has played DPP, this tier is a toss up anyways, unless you are playing honko in which case you lose

Manager: Quite Quiet - I expect 1 or 2 surprise wins from this slot

Overall I don't see this team ever getting more than 3 wins in a single week, and they may even struggle to make it on the board against some of the better teams which will be revealed through out the day / week / when I feel like it. I also feel like the line up they have chosen to run in the first week is not their best possible line up, and some changes later in the season could give them a greater chance. Good luck, and may the hax be with you o.o.
Ofc hax is with us they literally have hax god on their team smh 6k wat a steal

Also I think you are overrating me I will literally lose every match @_@ ily tho llama :] <3 fren

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Finchinator - Holding some position of authority on PO that I am not actually sure of, he is definitely a threat, though he did fall victim to Shuckleking87's yanma in an NU mini tour leading some to question his competency.
Hey don't be hatin on Yanma. A 4ft 85 pound dragonfly should scare the crap out of alot of people.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ahh thanks for making this not a double post

Coming in spot number 5 on my fabulous unbiased rankings, is perpetual premier league loser Raseri, and the Money Maker Musharnas

Zebraiken - Former NU tier leader and most expensive player in the tournament, who was quite frankly overpriced. He will definitely pull off some wins, but he is definitely not worth 1.47 times as much as the next best player as the managers seemed to think

Lasagne - Lasagne is not well known for his battling skills, but rather the fact his 2k post got Smogon to implement censorship on slurs outside of firebot, performed well in NU farm league last year and can be a wild card only time will tell

scorpdestroyer - a common presence in the BW NU community, I don't really know much about his battling prowess, which is probably not a great sign, I guess we will find out

Honko - DPP NU legend that somehow got an NU meta into RUPL, probably the best DPP NUer in this tourney due to the fact Oglemi is trash

Montsegur - sorry, don't know you

blaziken1337 - sorry, don't know you

Alphose_Eric - I think he plays LC ?_?

Minus - sorry, don't know you

Jonater - currently Johning me in the NU minitour, an accurate name

Bobby_REKT - sorry, don't know you

Iplaytennislol - sorry, don't know you

Assassin Rogue - sorry, don't know you

Kiyo - PO player, 3k god, good buy by raseri

Rob. - XY RU player so he is probably cool

Oshony PokeGod - sorry, don't know you

Tomahawk - DPP and XY OU player that doesn't have much experience playing in the lower tiers, he has a team rater badge so he can make a good team? Too bad he is relatively new to the metas

Raseri -the 2nd Worst Team Tournament Player in Smogon history just recently broke his PL curse, will he be able to pull out any wins against the tough managment competition and Tennisace?

XY: Zebraiken - Strong choice for a starter, he does have a tendency to be under prepared for stronger players, expect a strong but not undefeated record

XY: Assassin Rogue - once again I don't really know you, the ladder is nothing like tournaments though is my friendly advice

XY: Montsegur - ya sorry still don't know you

XY: Rob. - I don't know enough about his strength as a battler to comment to much on this

BW2: Lasagne - Lasagne may know the BW2 NU meta well, but I don't think it is a good sign when he is your strong BW2 starter :/

BW2: Tomahawk - I wasn't aware he had ever played BW2 NU, I doubt he has had much experience in the post Jynx Scoli meta

BW1: scorpdestroyer - Did he play this? his join date was after that era

DPP: Honko - Ya Honko has a pretty easy schedule, predicting 4-1 or 5-0

Manager: Raseri - Solid player against a tough group, expect him to be around .500

At this point in the rankings teams 3-5 are all really close and interchangeable, and while the Musharnas definitely have some star power and probably the best mascot, that doesn't mean much in a tournament. I don't believe that this team has the ability to make it to the playoffs as Raseri's usual strategy of buying a lot of unknowns at a low price usually ends up with his team finishing in the low middle of the pack. Better luck next time Raseri, at least your team won't finish dead last ;o.

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You do realize I started playing doubles literally a few months ago? I've been on the site for just a bit longer than that.

git gud, Smogon RU resident homosexual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)