XY UU Analysis Reservation Thread

HypnoEmpire

Yokatta...
I don't know if we can actually reserve these Pokemon now, but the users above seem to think so, so I'll reserve Goodra.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I don't know if we can actually reserve these Pokemon now, but the users above seem to think so, so I'll reserve Goodra.
If we can reserve "hangup" pokes I can take Lucario but I think I am in the same boat as Hypno.

Its more of a specially defensive wall, but can handle physical mons with Will-O-Wisp. It has great 130 Defense and Special Defense, but low HP. It has a way of remediating this, however, in painsplit, which often allows for reliable reocvery. Knock off is a bit more prevelant in other tiers really, but it would most likely have to switch out of a suspected knock off user. It is comparable to Jellicent I think, as it has good special defense with will-o-wisp to remediate its defense. It can also often reliably set up substitutes and hide behind them while it will-o-wisps an opponent, saps its health with pain split, or wear it down with night shade. I can provide some replays if needed, but I think it has its merits as if it can safely set up a sub, it is pretty hard to take down. It also has two nifty abilities in frisk and pressure. Frisk allows it to check opponents items, seeing their sets, and predicting the opponents team, while on the other hand, pressure can limit its foe to the amount of times it can use certain moves while it stalls them out.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Its more of a specially defensive wall, but can handle physical mons with Will-O-Wisp. It has great 130 Defense and Special Defense, but low HP. It has a way of remediating this, however, in painsplit, which often allows for reliable reocvery. Knock off is a bit more prevelant in other tiers really, but it would most likely have to switch out of a suspected knock off user. It is comparable to Jellicent I think, as it has good special defense with will-o-wisp to remediate its defense. It can also often reliably set up substitutes and hide behind them while it will-o-wisps an opponent, saps its health with pain split, or wear it down with night shade. I can provide some replays if needed, but I think it has its merits as if it can safely set up a sub, it is pretty hard to take down. It also has two nifty abilities in frisk and pressure. Frisk allows it to check opponents items, seeing their sets, and predicting the opponents team, while on the other hand, pressure can limit its foe to the amount of times it can use certain moves while it stalls them out.
Ok, but why would I use that over another physical wall such as slowbro or chesnaught? Those have actual offensive presence, whereas dusclops pretty much has none with it's pitiful attacking stats.

Its not supposed to be an attacker, its more useful on devoted defensive teams, and it uses Night Shade or Seismic Toss to wear down oponents. Like I say one more time, its more of a specially defensive wall with will o wisp to remediate its defense.

It is also has far less weaknesses.

Chesnaught is weak to Flying (4x), Poison, Fairy, Fire, Psychic, and Ice. (6)

Slowbro is weak to Dark, Ghost, Bug, Grass, Electric. (5)

Dusclops is weak to Dark and Ghost (2)

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Its not supposed to be an attacker, its more useful on devoted defensive teams, and it uses Night Shade or Seismic Toss to wear down oponents. Like I say one more time, its more of a specially defensive wall with will o wisp to remediate its defense.
I understand that it's not supposed to be an attacker, but that's what sets it apart from other defensive Pokemon in a negative way.

Sorry to say this but dusclops as a 'mon is absolute garbage to the point of which even nu players cringe at the sight of it.
Also: Celebi is still here idk if I have to say that it is done here?

Can I do Shiftry. If an explanation is needed I'll give one, but it shouldn't be too hard to see why it's viable :p.

(just saying, got permission from Ernesto on IRC)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)