XY OU Regenerator stall (starting competitive)

First of all sorry for my english, im not native :S

Hi everyone, this is my first post on Smogon, but i read a lot here since 2 months ago, i think I learned a lot but i want to improve my team, and dont know how. I see i have a lot of problems with some of pokés, dont know about missplays or simply cause the team have a lot of problems with some of them.
I reached 1400 with this team. Lets go:

First of all, i want to have a Regenerator core on my team:
Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
- Spore

Thats my pivot, I use it when I dont know what to do, Spore is just amazing at stoping my big threads if it can be resolved, sometimes granting me the time I need to get the tempo another time. Foul play works against any physical sweeper i think, my bigges problem here is on my team clear smog is my only status reset, and scizor for example is inmune :( I'm thinking about changing foul play with Sludge bomb but i dont know cause foul play hits things that sludge bomb cannot hit. The EV are for mixed defenses and pivot a lot, regenerator makes worth the changes cause if amoongus is at least a 1hp, it can go back and recover 1/3 of his life.

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

One of my fauvorite pokè, calm mind won games alone, but sometimes i think about thunder wave in the place of calm mind, scald for standard damage and psyshock to deal against Spe walls. Rocky helmet helps alot against physical attackers, with scald you can KO in 2 turns. In a lot of games I end the game boosting slowbro with calm mind and sweeping everything with stab scald or psyshock. Rocky helmet helps a lot with physical sweepers, and slack off and regenerator grants the healing enough to make worhth rocky instead of leftovers.

Then start with the walling:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Protect

My fauvorite poké, no team of my own cannot have gliscor, the set is for stall breaking with taunt, I like a lot cause it walls a lot of pokes, even Mpinsir. I prefeer protect over roost, just personal preferences cause of protect when switch in a knock off that kills gliscor easy, but dont tried sub-roost yet. Taunt is used against clerics too and with this set, it can toxic stall a whole team making taunt protect toxic protect... EQ is for aegislash and heatran that prob makes a OHKO.

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain

That choice takes a time for me, I dont like this pokemon but he solves a lot of my problems, A LOT xD, hes really bulky and takes a lot of attacks, and can wall with seeds + synthesis a lot of time while have 2 STAB moves: giga drain and sludge bomb (not sure about giga drain, thinking about changing with energy ball). Before MVenusaur i used Mscizor with bullet punch roost knock defog, but Mvenusaur works better i think, just different functions.

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

My cleric of choice, dont ask me why i dont get chansey or other, i just like this but im thinking about Switching for chansey with eviolite, dont know, just try to convince me xD, sylveon is a good choice too i think but dont have aromatherapy or heal bell so... Moonblast and fairy helps against dragons a lot, and with this Special Atack makes Moonblast to hit really hard.

The last one is...

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Rapid Spin

He solves the rapid spin problem, set TS and can stand a lot of time with giga drain and black sludge on the field. With liquid ooze it counters Mvenusaur if he sets seeds on you and can tank a lot of hits that makes problems to this team too. Sometimes i use it as a leader cause people spect a gliscor leading and it forces to switch, granting me a free toxic spikes setting.

Im thinking on changing florges + tentacruel for unaware clefable and wish vaporeon, leting the wish passing to vaporeon and aromatherapy to clefable, solving the boosts with clefable and having another bulky vaporeon here :D

Thoughs guys? My big problems I think is to battling sword dance/dragon dance settups, and a mega gardevoir fucked me alone in 1 game 10 minutes ago, but i dont know how to improve, thoughts?

Hi! Nice team! The only thing I can suggest you is Sylveon > Florges. Sylveon is a better cleric: it passes bigger wishes. Sylveon can also Heal Bell; so you won't lose anything. Here is the moveset n_n

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpAtk / 252 SpDef
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

I think you want a Quagsire on your team as opposed to Tentacruel if you're having trouble with set up sweepers though Tenta and Gliscor is a good combo. Quagsire laughs at Dragonite and Bisharp and any non mold breaking boosters. Though it does leave you weak to rocks and spikes again so it's a toss up.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpAtk / 252 SpDef
Bold
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Stockpile

I don't play much stall but I know Quag us a staple this gen and it's a really good poke overall

Hey! thanks for your thoughts! I really like the idea of quagsire, im looking at team and noone of my pkés sufers a lot for stealth rock so i can afford a perma stealth rock on my side, other changes that i like is chansey over florges, it's a more solid cleric with less problems with megaVenusaur or other poison / steel moves.
I'm thinking about replacing amoongus with other póke, ferrothorn is one possibility, or rotom H, what do you think guys?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)