UU Jirachi

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the Team Options on your Specially Defensive set, you mention Pokémon that can absorb Knock Off, but it's kind of vague and left hanging there for us to interpret on our own.
While you can include lines about Pokémon holding Leftovers that have another form of reliable recovery, there's a more optimal option for this.
Remember that Pokémon who hold their Mega stone do not take maximum damage from Knock Off because their held item cannot be Knocked Off.
Include Mega Pokemon who appreciate Special Defense support and who have good synergy with Jirachi in the Team Options segment.

Remove Flash Cannon and put in Energy Ball slashed with Thunderbolt and Psyshock as a guaranteed move. The real important check is going to be the 3rd one since there will be so much information regarding each set. Some bits are small but as long as you elaborate on them during the write up it should be ok. I'll give first QC so this can push through to write up where it can be picked at more meticulously before being given the 3rd QC check.

So QC 1/3

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I am ready for a second check. Then I will have to complete the ultimate task of writing this up.

GP is going to hate this so much.

i still really think superrachi needs healing wish but not C&C so take it for what its worth if you want reasoning check rachi's mon thread and my earlier post but yeah...

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
you should probably expand c&c a little. Jirachi has more than 3 counters tbh, and I feel that Houndoom, while under both the Fire- and Dark-type categories, deserves its own mention in there as it resists one of Jirachi's STABs and is immune to the other, while it also resists Energy Ball, making it the perfect check to offensive sets.

e. dammit missed Houndoom's mention in the skim...

Ununhexium

is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah I will elaborate but I'm on vacation so writing this is sort of a drag without a computer.

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
SuperDUPERachi
########
name: SuperDUPERachi
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Psyshock
move 3: Flash Cannon
move 4: Thunderbolt / Energy Ball
ability: Serene Grace
item: Life Orb / Levtovers
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
nature: Timid / Modest

Ununhexium

no ill finish this beforehand so i wont have to rewrite it entirely :P

and i think thats only in japan in three weeks but correct me if im wrong

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
You forgot to write the sections on the Stealth Rock three attacks set, fix this and I'll give you the check.

Ununhexium

Yeah meru told me to do that and I've only done a little bit (mind this was after 2/3) I'll et it done soon

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
togekiss' presence in the tier will completely overhaul this entire analysis, so I'd recommend waiting until it stays for good or gets banned to work on this.

Ununhexium

first off...the sr set has nothing besides moves in it, please fix that .-.

-Imo, the Scarf set should be slashed in Iron Head / U-turn / Trick / Healing Wish or Fire Punch. Trick and HW are pretty much necessary for Scarf sets, as HW help out Pokemon that would want a second chance at sweeping, such as Lucario or Mega Houndoom, and Trick pretty much cripples 9/10 of ScarfRachi's switch-ins, such as Pert and Forry. Ice Punch doesn't really add much to the table, either, especially Ice Punch considering there's not much you're hitting with it besides Mega Amph (the other Dragons don't like to risk being flinch-haxed, unless Flygon wants to risk the tie).
-Slash Thunder Wave on the Stealth Rock set with Fire Punch, as it generally lets Jirachi offer more support to the team if opposing Steel-types aren't a problem. I would also mention in Set Details that a more bulky spread of 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe (the speed outspeeds max adamant honch iirc) can be used, as it generally fits better on more defensively-oriented teams.
-Mention on SubToxic sets that Pokemon that can check the few counters to SubTox are great partners for it, such as Shaymin, Mienshao, and Machamp.
-I kinda think the Set order should be as follows; Stealth Rock > Scarf > SubToxic > SuperRachi > Specially Defensive > SubCM > Wish CM > Mixed Attacker (im not even sure if Mixed deserves a set, but we'll see), considering Rachi is one of the most reliable Scarfers in the tier, and SubToxic is undoubtedly one of Rachi's best sets.
-I think an Offensive CM set could be added, as CM / Flash Cannon / Shadow Ball / Moonblast works pretty well on bulky offensive teams, and lets Jirachi make use of its well-rounded stats to make for a really good sweeper in the current meta.
-Checks and Counters are definitely lacking; while there's not much that can counter all of Jirachi's sets, it has more than enough to be listed for one set; for example, Swampert is a great answer to the Scarf and Stealth Rock sets, only really fearing Trick from the former, however it has to be wary of getting hit by an Energy Ball from more specially-oriented sets. Empoleon is probably the best answer to the SubToxic sets, however it can be smacked by a Thunderbolt from other sets, etc.
-Shadow Ball probably deserves a mention somewhere in the mixed attacker set so you can hit Chandelure
-On the SubCM set, you say that Jirachi doesn't have any way to boost its defense, which it does. You should probably rephrase it to say that it doesn't have the room to boost its defense, but wants as much bulk as possible.

Yeah, this needs a lot of work. There might have been some things I haven't addressed, which I will probably get to once you make the above changes.

Ununhexium

Thanks Bouffalant. I'll probably add all of that in tomorrow. I've been meaning to add more on the SR set but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

KM

slayification
UUH Tag me as well when you flesh this out. some quick things i saw adding on to what bouff said

-slash zenheadbutt on scarf set
-have a cm 3 attack set with a slash for energy ball
-flesh out c&c

EDIT: also mention CB in at least OO

KM

slayification
Ah, my bad. Moonblast (and perhaps Air Balloon!) need to be slashed in there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)