Tournament Neverused Premier League Preseason Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
alright people keep pestering me on IRC, and I am not actually Whitequeen so here is my ranking for spot 4 on my fabulous and unbiased team ranking list.

Tennisace and the Air Huy Avuluggs

Cherub Agent - Cherub Agent is well known in the NU community and is 2cute4me, good pick by tennis

-Tsunami- - -Tsunami- aka Shakeitup aka Luckitup aka hello? lol bop, lucky n bad makes for a threat, but if his opponents are smart and ct HO teams, he will be easily defeated

Robert Alfons - also known as (PLEAS BAN ME)tron (that was a joke don't ban me) on irc, he

Shuckleking87 - ShuckleLord87 aka king of NU mini tours finished second overall in total mini tour points last gen while using pokes like yanma to do it, a real threat

Oglemi - Smogon's most powerful gay finds himself on Tennisace's team to no ones surprise, why would you pay the same amount for him as you would for Honko, no one knows

Nova - Novaray was once pretty important on smogon, idk for what though and I doubt it is relevant to the NUPL

Magnemite - @_@

Rowan - LC player who has recently gotten into NU, hopefully this will go better than LCPL where he was bought for 30k and went 3-3

galbia - a new player as of XY, I don't know how good he is but he has a fairly odd parents avatar so he is probably cool

Audiosurfer - Smogon doubles powerhouse and former OM god, he does have some NU experience and should be able to do alright

Bedschibaer - Old gens player, but idk if he ever played any NU

innovamania - Sorry, don't know you

Sidfrid - Sidfrid is back after going afk for a long ass time, he'll do fine if he hasn't lost a step

mfhoundoom - mfhoundoom probably only has 1 nu team, it is probably from before mandibuzz and ape dropped, he'll probably use it the whole time regardless

apt-get - Another LC player that signed up for NUPL, pro tip the EVs are different here

Jedimono8895 - Sorry don't know you

Tennisace - Tennisace is not a bad battler by any means, but he has a tendency to choke on massive dongs, meaning he has no chance except vs FLCL

XY: Robert Alfons - though (BAN ME PLEASE)tron is a solid player, I think that he is outmatched by almost all of the other players in this slot, (BAN ME PLEASE)tron will probably just hax through anyways

XY: Cherub Agent - I don't know how much Cherub has actually been playing XY NU (or pokemon at all) recently, so his rustiness may come back to haunt him

XY: Rowan - Solid player, as long as he doesn't choke, rip

XY: galbia - Wild Card player

BW2: -Tsunami- - hello? lol

BW2: Shuckleking87 - a true lord at BW2, predicting a strong record out of shuckleking

BW1: Sidfrid - I don't think he was on Smogon during BW1 o.o

DPP: Oglemi - I expect oglemi to do around .500 in DPP NU, though if he messes up he may try to !reset his games

Manager: tennisace - choker

This team is one of those that could end up doing better than I predicted, but I still don't see this team having the tools to make it into the playoffs without a lucky victory or two. I don't think that luck will be with them, because I like to believe the universe favors teams that have names that make sense (wtf is air huy)?

Actually wait are the play offs top 4 or top 2, lol.

atomicllamas

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
[03:30] <@HotNCold> gonna sleep rn
[03:30] <@HotNCold> u better
[03:30] <@HotNCold> tomorrow
[03:30] <@HotNCold> up every rank
[03:30] <@HotNCold> atomicllamas
[03:30] <@HotNCold> :(

o.o

Moving on to team number 3 on my completely unbiased and totally fabulous Whitequeen ranking of the NUPL teams:

Placing 3rd in terms of threatening and 1st in terms of fabulousness is Hollywood's Playboy Lopunny.

atomicllamas - winner of countless BW UU tournament, beat UU tier leader kokoloko in WCOP, got to the semifinals of the official BW UU tournament... oh shit that was Whitequeen o.o ;;;; joining smogon near the end of gen 5 he made NU allstars with the least mini tours played of any of the qualifiers, he hasn't played NU very much recently though so he may have lost his ability to hax lucky shits like soulgazer, I've also heard he enjoys talking about himself in the third person though, thats just a rumor though

Tachycardia - the silent killer, one of the most underrated players in BW2 NU, he had as many victims as the disease he is named after

Meeps - PO NU god Meeps is one of the largest threats in the tournament and definitely a steal by hollywood, better than aids player BasedVictory

Sweep - Ubers master and Omastar user Sweep is here to destroy you with omastar which is now legal in NU

Laurel - Laurel is often considered a very controversial player, but people let that get in the way of the fact that he is a really good player, 4k are you real, lol

Incon - an older member of the BW NU community, known for his great taste in music and battling prowess, Incon to wincon imo tbh

TheCanadianWifier - He will destroy you with his fairies

SOMALIA - UU superstar and Energy Ball Jellicent hater SOMALIA is here to play, recently he challenged me to a match haxed me in the first 3 turns, started over and haxed me worse, with that kind of luck how can he not destroy you

Fusxfaranto - A man I've seen shirtless and IRL Diggersby will destroy you with his nipple blades of fury, which I have seen

Qwilphish - I still spell qwilfish incorrectly because of this man, he will leave you dyslexic after he beats ur ass

Kavatika - He will destroy you with his fairies

Dat Blast - another NU community member that was quite well known in gen5, he is on this team so he probably rekts

.Robert - I think he is captain of LA WCOP team? he will destroy with his Latin fairies

s_aman - recent addition to smogon's XY lower tiers and Hollywood's tutee, he will probably wreck you with his fairies

DeathxShinigami - this person is friends with Goddess Briyella, so you know he is tough

Hollywood - Smogon's other most powerful gay, and a literal homosexual, definitely a threat to the other managers

XY: Meeps - One of the largest threats in this tournament, nothing else I can say

XY: SOMALIA - there isn't any energy ball jellicent in this tier, he gonna rek

XY: Laurel - Say what you want about laurel but he is a pokelord

XY: TheCanadianWifier - must be good to start on this team

BW2: Tachycardia - most underrated BW2 NU player on this site, easily beats browns like annoyer

BW2: atomicllamas - ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

BW1: Incon - Oh look someone who was actually on smogon during BW1, thats an advantage

DPP: Qwilphish - Qwilphish in DPP NU cause he eats scrubs like oglemi for breakfast

Manager: Hollywood - predicting him to finish with no more than 2 losses, he is willing to suck dick for wins (jk treecko ily baby ;o)

This team has definite play off potential if they can pull their shit together for the 3 or so match ups that take effort to win. Nothing like a dark horse to come up through the ranks and knock some people on their ass. This team also has a lot more depth than any of the other teams having several solid subs for any of the positions if something may come up. Playboy Lopunny's gonna come thru ;o

[03:30]
Placing 3rd in terms of threatening and 1st in terms of fabulousness is Hollywood's Playboy Lopunny.

atomicllamas - winner of countless BW UU tournament, beat UU tier leader kokoloko in WCOP, got to the semifinals of the official BW UU tournament... oh shit that was Whitequeen o.o ;;;; joining smogon near the end of gen 5 he made NU allstars with the least mini tours played of any of the qualifiers, he hasn't played NU very much recently though so he may have lost his ability to hax lucky shits like soulgazer, I've also heard he enjoys talking about himself in the third person though, thats just a rumor though

BW2: atomicllamas - ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
unbiased atomicllamas: Moving on to team number 3 on my completely un biased and totally fabulous Whitequeen ranking of the NUPL teams:

This team has no definite play off potential. Nothing like a dark horse to come up through the ranks and knock some people on their ass (that! I am not sure off.). This team also has a lot more depth than any of the other teams (really?) having several solid s(cr)ubs for any of the positions if something may come up. Playboy Lopunny's gonna (may be) come thru ;o
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and what is with "He will destroy you with his fairies?" lol

Vileplume tho!

atomicllamas

unbiased atomicllamas: Moving on to team number 3 on my completely un biased and totally fabulous Whitequeen ranking of the NUPL teams:

This team has no definite play off potential. Nothing like a dark horse to come up through the ranks and knock some people on their ass (that! I am not sure off.). This team also has a lot more depth than any of the other teams (really?) having several solid s(cr)ubs for any of the positions if something may come up. Playboy Lopunny's gonna (may be) come thru ;o
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and what is with "He will destroy you with his fairies?" lol

Vileplume tho!
I think you missed the jokes fren o.o

atomicllamas

double posting cause Whitequeen would

Coming in at spot number two is Soulgazer and the PO players Amazing Ainsleys

BasedVictory - Fellow Cryos member and NU innovator CASEDVICTO is a solid player and well known on both Smogon and PO for his skills and for his obnoxious behavior, with a personality that gives his opponents literal AIDS he will breeze past his competition

Afro Smash - Afro Smash is a lord, truly the better half of afrocased, also he will hax any one that comes close to victory 2strong (2nd most expensive player in NUPL oO)

blunder- PO lower tier player and unfortunately a youtube-er, he is probably one of the most inconsistent players I've ever seen, if he manages to battle on a good day he will be a threat

Froggy - Froggy has a reputation as a player that tends to choke, from what I've seen its true o.o

chimpact - IDM's third best youtuber (oh god another youtuber), a solid battler and creative team builder

horyzhnz - Sorry, don't know you

FinalFlash - Sorry, don't know you

Wepwn - Wepwn is another lord much like Afro Smash, he should be careful though cause his Sawk sized boner for Sawk could get him to be CTed

Omfuga216 - one of the most creative team builders I have ever seen, he has a tendency to bring weird shit, though this man got Shedinja to work in BW2 RU so you better watch out or his creativity may just destroy you

Steve Angello - Sorry, don't know you

Soulgazer - a solid player, but his tendency to get really mad and make rash decisions makes his skills as a manger questionable, if he manages his team well, his team should have no problem making the playoffs and potentially even winning.

XY: Omfuga216 - Omfuga216 will do quite well in NUPL this season, as his creative team building and solid play will allow him to match well against even the strongest opponents

XY: blunder - if blunder manages to play well he will do fine, and embarrass his opponents on youtube!

XY: Wepwn - XY lord

XY: horyzhnz - ya I still don't know you

BW2: Afro Smash - BW2 lord, to bad you can't use afro bull in this meta o.o

BW2: FinalFlash - ya I still don't know you

BW1: chimpact - I don't think he has actually played this meta but I don't think that matters, as he is one of the more skilled Pokemon players to be in this slot

DPP: Basedvictory - this is why I question soulgazer's management, buying cased to put him in DPP which he probably isn't even that good at o_k

Manager: Soulgazer - Probably win some and lose some, definitely going to get roflstomped by FLCL

This team is a large threat that should not be taken lightly, and were aided by the easiest match up week 1 allowing for a chance to test out their players and adjust. Of course this assumes that Soulgazer isn't too busy watching anime to manage his team, which is unlikely. The fact that Soulgazer has such a small roster also reflect the fact that his team has much more "skill" per player than the other teams do, seriously why didn't anyone upbid soulgazer on any of these, lol. Predicting this team finishes in the top 3 at the end of the regular season and has a solid chance to take it all.

atomicllamas

ahh the suspense must be killing you, but the team I predict ending up as the top finisher in NUPL is none other than the Vitriolic Vileplumes lead by FLCL.

SilentVerse - well known as smogon's cutest RU user, he is a solid player and a major threat to opponents, just because he is an RU player he should not be underestimated, word on the street is he likes XY NU more than XY RU :o

cbt - smogon's original stalker, making you check your pillows is not to be underestimated, with an okay performance in the last SPL supplemented by some nice and clean hax, expect a solid performance from this player, careful what you say though, he has a log of it

Hot N Cold - a solid battler, known for creating and using solid balance teams is a versatile threat, capable of being played in both the XY and BW tiers

Kushalos - PS! resident and UU council member Kushalos finds himself in NUPL, a tier where he has less experience than many of the other players, will he be able to pull out wins still

Annoyer - Paco NU's local brown is a major threat in BW2 NU, but his parents may make him do something in the middle of battle and he will timeout

Jirachee - Canadian WCOP player who made his name known in DPP, sorry aye, I don't really know much aboot you

New Breed - aka new, was somehow bought for only 8.5k, which is 1k less than me, which is lol, soulgazer is still mad because New Breed was quite the steal ;o

Jayde - fellow Venomoth enthusiast and SPL NU player, often the butt of the joke in NU, I still like him though :]

Bluwing - Formally known as brostime, he has a reputation that matches his former name, a solid player with the attitude of trophy winner

Double01 - former 2nd worst team tournament player in history who is apparently on the upswing, he will still choke though, always choking

Livio - Sorry, I don't know you

soviet - only effective when accompanied by what has been come to be known as "Soviet circlejerkers", he might get ghosted by ebeast though, which would be good

FLCL - soviet's lover and NU's most well known battler FLCL is back, I don't know if he's actually played XY NU, but I also don't know if that matters, also has a strong manager resume having recently won the UUPL tournament

XY: SilentVerse - cute player with some cute battling skills, the only thing bolder than his play making is his bowl cut

XY: soviet - I know he was subbed in for Kushalos, but between the two of them I don't think more than 50% of matches will be played

XY: Hot N Cold - if Hot N Cold does well early season, he will be a force to be reckoned with, otherwise he will just quit

XY: New Breed - New Breed is a lord, easy 5-0 or 4-1 player

BW2: Annoyer - Annoyer battles almost as well as he sings, that is to say, pretty well

BW2: Jayde - no Venomoth here baby ;-;

BW1: Bluwing - another person I don't think was a smogon member for BW1 NU, but I actually don't know when that was so he may have been?

DPP: Jirachee - strong DPP player, but I don't think he played much NU, probably will finish with the second best DPP record

Manager: FLCL - FLCL will do quite well in the managers slot, as I think he has a positive match up vs every other manager

This team is undoubtedly going to make the playoffs, but there are a couple teams that are lurking around the corner ready to take them out. With FLCL's steady hand managing the team, I think that making it through the regular season will be quite easy for the Plumes.

That concludes my Whitequeen rankings, I see why he stopped doing these, you are all needy fucks, have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)