The Next Type (Current Types: Dinosaur, Light, and Space)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some suggestions:

-Gothitelle and Gothorita as Psychic/Space type, as their Pokedex entries state that stars are the source of their power.
-Sigilyph as Psychic/Space or Flying/Space type, as it learns some Space type moves like Cosmic Power and kinda looks like it came from space.
-Cresselia as Space type, since it is the Lunar Pokemon.

-Solar Beam as a Light or Space type move, because of the Solar part.
-Lunar Dance as a Space type move.
-Healing Wish as a Space type move, since Wish is a Space type move.
-Sunny Day as a Light type move.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Some suggestions:

-Gothitelle and Gothorita as Psychic/Space type, as their Pokedex entries state that stars are the source of their power. Done.
-Sigilyph as Psychic/Space or Flying/Space type, as it learns some Space type moves like Cosmic Power and kinda looks like it came from space. Other than having Space-type moves, I don't really see anything Space-like about him.
-Cresselia as Space type, since it is the Lunar Pokemon. Done.

-Solar Beam as a Light or Space type move, because of the Solar part. I'd rather not change this, since some Pokemon have use in Solar Beam being Grass-type.
-Lunar Dance as a Space type move. Done.
-Healing Wish as a Space type move, since Wish is a Space type move. Done.
-Sunny Day as a Light type move. Done.

I think we pretty much wrapped this types up, no?
If we are, may I suggest talking about the next types we are going to disscus?
Couple of suggestions: Sound, Steam (If we have Ice and Water, Why not steam?), Magic..

Valmanway

I think we pretty much wrapped this types up, no?
If we are, may I suggest talking about the next types we are going to disscus?
Couple of suggestions: Sound, Steam (If we have Ice and Water, Why not steam?), Magic..
I'd rather get this coded before doing anything else. Don't want this mountain of stuff to be any bigger than it already is, since that means more work for the programmer.

Suggestions
Space
Hidden power
Wish ( In X and Y the animation is a star so i think it fits more as a Space type)
Light
Flash Cannon
Aura Sphere
Dino
Double Edge
Bite
New Moves
(Dino) Dino Ram : BP 120 PP 5 Acc 100 Physical Priority 0 Lowers defense and special defense after using
(Dino) Meteor Hide BP 40 PP 15 Acc 100 Physical Priority 1
(Space) Supernova BP 140 PP 5 Acc 90 Special Priority 0 Harshly lowers Special Attack
(Space) Star Rush BP 40 PP 15 Acc 100 Physical Priority 1
(Light) Blind Beam BP 90 PP 15 Acc 100 50% chance of lowering target's accuracy
(Light) Sun Charge BP - PP 15 Acc -- Sharply SpA SpD and Spd in Sun Or Magic Fog

Suggestions
Space
Hidden power
Wish ( In X and Y the animation is a star so i think it fits more as a Space type)
Light
Flash Cannon
Aura Sphere
Dino
Double Edge
Bite
New Moves
(Dino) Dino Ram : BP 120 PP 5 Acc 100 Physical Priority 0 Lowers defense and special defense after using
(Dino) Meteor Hide BP 40 PP 15 Acc 100 Physical Priority 1
(Space) Supernova BP 140 PP 5 Acc 90 Special Priority 0 Harshly lowers Special Attack
(Space) Star Rush BP 40 PP 15 Acc 100 Physical Priority 1
(Light) Blind Beam BP 90 PP 15 Acc 100 50% chance of lowering target's accuracy
(Light) Sun Charge BP - PP 15 Acc -- Sharply SpA SpD and Spd in Sun Or Magic Fog
Flash Cannon is the only steel special stab. So personally, I'm against that.

Valmanway

Suggestions
Space
Hidden power Do you mean add a new Hidden Power type, or change Hidden Power's initial type from Normal to Space? For the former, we didn't get HP Fairy since we'd need to redo the entire IV system, and the latter doesn't really make sense to me.
Wish ( In X and Y the animation is a star so i think it fits more as a Space type) Already did that.
Light
Flash Cannon I'll leave this as is, since Steel-types still use this move.
Aura Sphere Same as Flash Cannon.
Dino
Double Edge I don't really see this as a Dino-type move.
Bite Same as Double-Edge.
New Moves
(Dino) Dino Ram : BP 120 PP 5 Acc 100 Physical Priority 0 Lowers defense and special defense after using Already have a 120 BP Dino-type move, and this seems way too broken.
(Dino) Meteor Hide BP 40 PP 15 Acc 100 Physical Priority 1 Already did this.
(Space) Supernova BP 140 PP 5 Acc 90 Special Priority 0 Harshly lowers Special Attack Already did this.
(Space) Star Rush BP 40 PP 15 Acc 100 Physical Priority 1 I can see this working, but having it be a special attack makes more sense, given those getting a Space retype.
(Light) Blind Beam BP 90 PP 15 Acc 100 50% chance of lowering target's accuracy Already have this, but has a 10% chance to lower Special Defense instead.
(Light) Sun Charge BP - PP 15 Acc -- Sharply SpA SpD and Spd in Sun Or Magic Fog Way too broken and already have a boosting move.

Suggestions:
-Comet Punch as Space type, because of the comet part.
-Mirror Move and Mirror Coat as Light type, because of the mirror part.
-Morning Sun as Light type.
-Power Gem as Light type. Its move description states that the user attacks using beams of light that look like gemstones.
-Reflect Type as Light type, because of the reflect part.
-Moonlight as a Space type move.

Valmanway

Suggestions:
-Comet Punch as Space type, because of the comet part. It's true that it's called Comet Punch, but it's just punching, so I'll leave it at that.
-Mirror Move and Mirror Coat as Light type, because of the mirror part. I suppose these could work.
-Morning Sun as Light type. Agreed.
-Power Gem as Light type. Its move description states that the user attacks using beams of light that look like gemstones. Makes sense.
-Reflect Type as Light type, because of the reflect part. Yup.
-Moonlight as a Space type move. Okay.

That's true. What about making it dual typed, like Flying Press?
It may bring a new niche to the battle.
Its x4 effective to space and bug types, which will be funny to see :3
I'm just curious to see what will happen if we will find a Bug/Space pokemon and use Power Gem on it :D
Anyways, it could work in my mind.
But still, on the other hand, there will be no solo type special rock attack. I don't know how much it will be missed, but I think some pokemon use it...

Valmanway

It may bring a new niche to the battle.
Its x4 effective to space and bug types, which will be funny to see :3
I'm just curious to see what will happen if we will find a Bug/Space pokemon and use Power Gem on it :D
Anyways, it could work in my mind.
But still, on the other hand, there will be no solo type special rock attack. I don't know how much it will be missed, but I think some pokemon use it...
Power Gem was never really that good of a move, and honestly, anything that gets it either isn't very good or is now a Light-type and has Luminous Beam anyways, so I think I'll actually make Power Gem a Rock-type move again. A Flying Press kinda deal would be interesting, but idk how that would work against Poison/Bug types, so I'll just leave it as a Rock-type move for simplicity's sake.

I suggest that at least one of the three types, probably Light, should resist itself, because 9 of the 18 current Pokémon types resist themselves, and a Pokémon capable of producing bright lights is unlikely to take much damage if they are used on it.
Also Starmie could be Space/Light type, based on its Pokédex entries:
'When away from human eyes, its core is said to glow mysteriously in seven colors. This Pokémon may have come from outer space.'
Time type has already been mentioned, and it is much needed for Dialga (the Steel typing doesn't make much sense), and probably Celebi too:
'This Pokémon wanders across time. Grass and trees flourish in the forests in which it has appeared.'

Valmanway

I suggest that at least one of the three types, probably Light, should resist itself, because 9 of the 18 current Pokémon types resist themselves, and a Pokémon capable of producing bright lights is unlikely to take much damage if they are used on it.
Also Starmie could be Space/Light type, based on its Pokédex entries:
'When away from human eyes, its core is said to glow mysteriously in seven colors. This Pokémon may have come from outer space.'
Time type has already been mentioned, and it is much needed for Dialga (the Steel typing doesn't make much sense), and probably Celebi too:
'This Pokémon wanders across time. Grass and trees flourish in the forests in which it has appeared.'
Yeah, Light can resist itself. I want to avoid making a Pokemon Light/Space if possible, since it doesn't really make sense to me, tbh. We'll talk other types when this actually gets programmed and we've played it for a bit.

I have decided that I will start program this on monday :D
But!
I need a more expirienced programmer to help me with some of the stuff :3
If anyone is up to the job, please PM me..

Hello guys, I've joined this forums a few days ago, after I've found this thread in a google search. This project instantly inspired me. I love dinosaurs and since the very first time I've played Pokémon in 1999, I wonder why there isn't a Dinosaur Type, so I have gone through some thought and came up with what I think would be a great overview of the introduction of a new Type. There's everything I could think of. Of course there will be a lot to think too, but I think the biggest part of it I could get ready. So I hope you guys like it. Here it goes:

Previous Pokemon, who would get a Dinosaur Type:

Gen I

# 142 Aerodactyl: Dinosaur/Flying

Gen II

#154 Meganium: Grass/Dinosaur
#248 Tyranitar: Dark/Dinosaur

Gen III

#350 Milotic: Water/Dinosaur
#357 Tropius: Grass/Dinosaur

Gen IV

#408 Cranidos: Dinosaur
#409 Rampardos: Dinosaur/Fighting
#410 Shieldon: Dinosaur/Steel
#411 Bastiodon: Dinosaur/Steel

Gen V

#566 Archen: Dinosaur/Flying
#567 Archeops: Dinosaur/Flying

Gen VI

#694 Helioptile: Electric/Dinosaur
#695 Heliolisk: Electric/Dinosaur
#696 Tyrunt: Dinosaur/Dragon
#697 Tyrantrum: Dinosaur/Dragon
#698 Amaura: Dinosaur/Ice
#699 Aurorus: Dinosaur/Ice

Dinosaur Type Chart:

Attacking Chart:
X2: Dragon, Ground, Ghost, Steel
X1: Normal, Fire, Water, Dark, Fairy, Bug, Flying, Psychic, Dinosaur, Rock, Electric
X1/2: Ice, Grass, Fighting, Poison
X0: None

Defending Chart:
X2: Ice, Poison, Dragon
X1: Normal, Fire, Dark, Bug, Flying, Psychic, Dinosaur, Electric, Grass, Ground, Steel
X1/2: Fighting, Water, Rock, Ghost, Fairy

Dinosaur Type Attacks:

New Attacks:

Jurassic Jaw:
BP: 90; PP: 10; ACC: 100% - Physical Attack - May reduce opponent defense one stage - Effect Rate: 10%

Tail Slam:
BP: 85; PP: 10; ACC: 70% - Physical Attack - May leave the opponent flinched - Effect Rate: 30%

Teeth Polish:
BP: 0; PP: 10; ACC: 100% - Support - Raises user's attack state by two stages

Mega Roar:
BP: 0; PP: 20; ACC: 100% - Support - Reduces opponent's accuracy by one stage

Fossil Fuel:
BP: 0; PP: 15; ACC: 100% - Support - Raises a Dinosaur Type ally's attack and special attack stats by one stage

Primal Wing:
BP: 75; PP: 20; ACC: 100% - Physical Attack - May raise user's speed stat by one stage - Effect Rate: 30%

Cross Claws:
BP: 70; PP: 20; ACC: 100% - Physical Attack - High critical hit ratio

Hammer Head:
BP: 150; PP: 5; ACC: 80% - Physical Attack - User receives 1/2 of the damage in recoil

Jurassic Beam:
BP: 90; PP: 10; ACC: 100% - Special Attack - May induce paralysis - Effect Rate: 10%

Strong Fang:
BP: 100; PP:5; ACC: 75% - Physical Attack - May leave the opponent flinched - Effect Rate: 20%

Dino Rush:
BP: 60; PP: 20; ACC: 100% - Physical Attack - May induce confusion - Effect Rate: 30%

Previous Generation Attacks (Turned into Dinosaur Type):

*Ancient Power:
BP: 80; PP: 5; ACC: 100% - Special Attack - May raise all user's stats by one level - Effect Rate: 10%

Tail Whip:
BP: 0; PP: 30; ACC: 100% - Support - Reduces opponent's defense stat by one level

Tail Slap:
BP: 25; PP: 10; ACC: 85% - Physical Attack - 2 to 5 times in a row attack

Relic Song:
BP: 75; PP: 10; ACC: 100% - Special Attack - May induce sleep - Effect Rate: 10%

*Note that the Ancient Power attack was updated, it has it's Base Power increased from 60, to 80

Immunity:
As well as Poison Type Pokemon cannot be poisoned, Electric Pokemon cannot be paralyzed, Fire Type Pokemon cannot be burned and Ice Type Pokemon cannot be frozen, from now on, Dinosaur Type cannot be flinched

Further Proposed Changes:

Type Chart:

Poison Type has now 2x attack against Bug Type
Water Type has now 1/2x attack against Ice Type
Ground Type has now 1x attack against Rock Type
Fairy Type has now 1/2x attack against Ice Type
Bug Type has now 1x against Fighting Type
Dragon Type has now 1x against Steel Type
Bug Type has now 1x against Fairy Type
Dragon Type has now 1/2x against Ice Type

Note: Those changes are made, to make sure the Type Chart gets more balanced and also, to give the gameplay, the logical of a Poison Type, being strong against a Bug Type.

Ability Change:

The Solid Rock ability, reduces the damage of supper effective moves by 30%, instead of the previous 25%

New Feature - Dino Island:

As well as there's a Safari Zone in every version of the Pokémon games, from now on, there will be a new "special zone", called "Dino Island", that can be acessed through the ocean, by a special ship find in the respective Safari Zone. This new zone will be divided in four different parts: Forest, Cavern, Mountain and Lake. Depending on the species, the dinousar Pokemon will be found in each of the four parts. You can also find other Pokemon (not Dinosaur Type) living in the area, such as the common Zubat in the cave and Magikarp in the lake. This is an special place, where the ancient related Pokémon, can live and share the same area with the life forms of the present. A place where different eras gather together.

That's it guys! I hope you all liked the read! If someone wants to add something, please let's make this thread one of the hottest in this forums. Also, if there's an artist interested in this project, I have many ideas for Dinosaur Type Pokémon, so we could gather information and create some nice ones. Unfortunatelly I'm completelly useless at drawing, but in all other areas of a Pokémon creation, I'm sure I can be very usefull.

Thanks!

Hello guys, I've joined this forums a few days ago, after I've found this thread in a google search. This project instantly inspired me. I love dinosaurs and since the very first time I've played Pokémon in 1999, I wonder why there isn't a Dinosaur Type, so I have gone through some thought and came up with what I think would be a great overview of the introduction of a new Type. There's everything I could think of. Of course there will be a lot to think too, but I think the biggest part of it I could get ready. So I hope you guys like it. Here it goes:

Previous Pokemon, who would get a Dinosaur Type:

Gen I

# 142 Aerodactyl: Dinosaur/Flying

Gen II

#154 Meganium: Grass/Dinosaur
#248 Tyranitar: Dark/Dinosaur

Gen III

#350 Milotic: Water/Dinosaur
#357 Tropius: Grass/Dinosaur

Gen IV

#408 Cranidos: Dinosaur
#409 Rampardos: Dinosaur/Fighting
#410 Shieldon: Dinosaur/Steel
#411 Bastiodon: Dinosaur/Steel

Gen V

#566 Archen: Dinosaur/Flying
#567 Archeops: Dinosaur/Flying

Gen VI

#694 Helioptile: Electric/Dinosaur
#695 Heliolisk: Electric/Dinosaur
#696 Tyrunt: Dinosaur/Dragon
#697 Tyrantrum: Dinosaur/Dragon
#698 Amaura: Dinosaur/Ice
#699 Aurorus: Dinosaur/Ice

Dinosaur Type Chart:

Attacking Chart:
X2: Dragon, Ground, Ghost, Steel
X1: Normal, Fire, Water, Dark, Fairy, Bug, Flying, Psychic, Dinosaur, Rock, Electric
X1/2: Ice, Grass, Fighting, Poison

Defending Chart:
X2: Ice, Poison, Dragon
X1: Normal, Fire, Dark, Bug, Flying, Psychic, Dinosaur, Electric, Grass, Ground, Steel
X1/2: Fighting, Water, Rock, Ghost, Fairy

Dinosaur Type Attacks:

New Attacks:

Jurassic Jaw:
BP: 90; PP: 10; ACC: 100% - Physical Attack - May reduce opponent defense one stage - Effect Rate: 10%

Tail Slam:
BP: 85; PP: 10; ACC: 70% - Physical Attack - May leave the opponent flinched - Effect Rate: 30%

Teeth Polish:
BP: 0; PP: 10; ACC: 100% - Support - Raises user's attack state by two stages

Mega Roar:
BP: 0; PP: 20; ACC: 100% - Support - Reduces opponent's accuracy by one stage

Fossil Fuel:
BP: 0; PP: 15; ACC: 100% - Support - Raises a Dinosaur Type ally's attack and special attack stats by one stage

Primal Wing:
BP: 75; PP: 20; ACC: 100% - Physical Attack - May raise user's speed stat by one stage - Effect Rate: 30%

Cross Claws:
BP: 70; PP: 20; ACC: 100% - Physical Attack - High critical hit ratio

Hammer Head:
BP: 150; PP: 5; ACC: 80% - Physical Attack - User receives 1/2 of the damage in recoil

Jurassic Beam:
BP: 90; PP: 10; ACC: 100% - Special Attack - May induce paralysis - Effect Rate: 10%

Strong Fang:
BP: 100; PP:5; ACC: 75% - Physical Attack - May leave the opponent flinched - Effect Rate: 20%

Dino Rush:
BP: 60; PP: 20; ACC: 100% - Physical Attack - May induce confusion - Effect Rate: 30%

Previous Generation Attacks (Turned into Dinosaur Type):

*Ancient Power:
BP: 80; PP: 5; ACC: 100% - Special Attack - May raise all user's stats by one level - Effect Rate: 10%

Tail Whip:
BP: 0; PP: 30; ACC: 100% - Support - Reduces opponent's defense stat by one level

Tail Slap:
BP: 25; PP: 10; ACC: 85% - Physical Attack - 2 to 5 times in a row attack

Relic Song:
BP: 75; PP: 10; ACC: 100% - Special Attack - May induce sleep - Effect Rate: 10%

*Note that the Ancient Power attack was updated, it has it's Base Power increased from 60, to 80

Immunity:
As well as Poison Type Pokemon cannot be poisoned, Electric Pokemon cannot be paralyzed, Fire Type Pokemon cannot be burned and Ice Type Pokemon cannot be frozen, from now on, Dinosaur Type cannot be flinched

Further Proposed Changes:

Type Chart:

Poison Type has now 2x attack against Bug Type
Water Type has now 1/2x attack against Ice Type
Ground Type has now 1x attack against Rock Type
Fairy Type has now 1/2x attack against Ice Type
Bug Type has now 1x against Fighting Type
Dragon Type has now 1x against Steel Type
Bug Type has now 1x against Fairy Type
Dragon Type has now 1/2x against Ice Type

Note: Those changes are made, to make sure the Type Chart gets more balanced and also, to give the gameplay, the logical of a Poison Type, being strong against a Bug Type.

Ability Change:

The Solid Rock ability, reduces the damage of supper effective moves by 30%, instead of the previous 25%

New Feature - Dino Island:

As well as there's a Safari Zone in every version of the Pokémon games, from now on, there will be a new "special zone", called "Dino Island", that can be acessed through the ocean, by a special ship find in the respective Safari Zone. This new zone will be divided in four different parts: Forest, Cavern, Mountain and Lake. Depending on the species, the dinousar Pokemon will be found in each of the four parts. You can also find other Pokemon (not Dinosaur Type) living in the area, such as the common Zubat in the cave and Magikarp in the lake. This is an special place, where the ancient related Pokémon, can live and share the same area with the life forms of the present. A place where different eras gather together.

That's it guys! I hope you all liked the read! If someone wants to add something, please let's make this thread one of the hottest in this forums. Also, if there's an artist interested in this project, I have many ideas for Dinosaur Type Pokémon, so we could gather information and create some nice ones. Unfortunatelly I'm completelly useless at drawing, but in all other areas of a Pokémon creation, I'm sure I can be very usefull.

Thanks!
Please don't bump 2 year old threads without moderator digression

locking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)