Smogon's Official World Cup Discussion (Congrats to Glaucius on winning Pick'em!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Rojo has been an inconsistent twit throughout and Demichelis is also volatile as fuck.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
How can a defensive core including micho be the best? (Don't get me wrong, I like him tho)

The thing is we can't lose this trophy, it's ours and we will win on sunday

Lol you can't honestly use Rojo and inconsistent in the same sentence when talking about this WC (unless said sentence is "Rojo hasn't been inconsistent at all"). If you're talking about Pablo, ok, but not MR16, who's been playing waaay above anyone's expectations—especially considering he's not even an lb.

I will be perfectly fine with any result on the finals because if Germany wins, it'll be because they have played better and deserved.

It would've been a completely different thing if Nederlands were on the finals, yea Robben has been amazing and all but they were the second most fouling teams after Brazil by a mere one. A team that resorts to fouling to stop the opposing offense can never be considered a team that defends well, even if Vlaar has had a pretty good tournament and Blind had some pretty cool games, since what I'm talking about here is a defensive structure. Robben and Van Gaal showed their complete lack of self-criticism (which I gotta say, many others also lack) when they said that Argentina has no way of winning playing like this—and how did you guys play????—and that many players chose not to shoot the first penalty, respectively. The guy who said that he'd won the game against Mexico when he told his players what they had to do during the cooling break never ceases to amaze me.

Last Wednesday started extremely rough for me when the first thing I read was that a 38yo journalist I knew had died in a car crash in Brazil (caused by some robbers escaping the police), and kept going with a fucking shameful national broadcast from our processed-but-still-in-position vice-president regarding Independence Day, and some of your constant hatred comments didn't allow me to be as happy as I should've been after the win against Fangal's bs.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Lol you can't honestly use Rojo and inconsistent in the same sentence when talking about this WC (unless said sentence is "Rojo hasn't been inconsistent at all").

Dude I'm messi4lyf just so you know I'm not biased... and actually want argentina to walk away with the whole thing...

But can you sincerely say with a straight face that the yellow card he earned 2 rounds ago making him miss a game wasn't stupid?

When Argentina was playing in the qualifiers I was really pissed that Sabella kept including Rojo in the starting XI... I swear I criticized him so much, I believed Rojo would be our downfall and that he was only picked because he played under Sabella at Estudiantes, a team Sabella used to coach.

Rojo has completely surprised me. He's been rock solid at LB, which isn't even his natural position.

Ever since Fernandez was taken out of the starting XI and replaced with Demichelis, we have not conceded a single goal. Him and Garay have a really good partnernship, it sort of reminds me of D. Luiz and Thiago Silva: without Silva, Luiz is an absolute mess, and likewise, without Garay, Demichelis is average at best.

No matter what happens in the final, I will still be proud of our team for getting this far, and for making millions of people, including myself, very happy. I'm hoping it'll be a close match. VAMOS ARGENTINA CARAJOOOOOOO

"Me rompi el ano" - Argentinian phrase meaning he went hard in the motherfuckin paint. Translates to a torn anus. Spoiler alert: he did not actually tear his anus.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
>didn't give silva a red card
>gave robben a yellow for being actually pulled down

yeh this seems like a good, unbiased ref to me

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
First, Thiago foul was out of the box. The other goal was offsides.
Thiago should have gotten red so it evens out in a way. Other goal, alright, fair enough, altho it was offsides by a foot or smth so consideirng how bad the arbitrage is this match it's only natural they'd fuck that up lmao. Don't worry brazil will get an unfair goal somewhere along the lines.

ok so 2-1 to Germany with Muller and Hummels(if he plays) for Germany and Messi to score for Argentina.

Hopefully Germany score first which should make it a great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)