Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised that Sidney and Phoebe didn't get much of a design change this time around, not that it was a bad thing. I thought most of the major characters would get some kind of change even if it was a barely noticable. Sidney does look a bit more menacing than I remembered though. Their leak differed from what I expected. The Gym Leaders got the same treatment. Somewhat small changes that got us a bit more hyped while we wait for November to come. Even Norman got me hyped. A Normal type Gym Leader getting a huge overhaul in redesign seems out of place, but the simplicity retained with all of them seems too perfect; nostalgia will hit every time you challenge each Gym. It may be because Norman is the player's father, but who cares. I bet half the people on this thread can't even remember what their own mother looks like after taking five steps outside of their house. I sure can't. I was wondering who that strange lady was when she yelled for me to stop so that she could give me a pair of Running Shoes.

Remember the scans showing Team Magma and Aqua? The Grunts on both sides look great and by great I mean the best design overall next to the Team Rocket Grunts. We can all agree that all the Grunts over each Generation Post-Hoenn have been looking worse over time. However, it was really the subtle changes in the Team Leaders and the massive appearance change in the Admins that got me thinking about how the rest of the major plot characters would look like. Archie became more of a badass, even in a wetsuit and Maxie actually looks more cynical and calculative. With the Admins, it seems that Archie had some serious tanning done with Matt and Shelly and some work done on their hair while Maxie got some new college interns for the office. Well maybe one intern; Courtney looks a lot younger than Shelly and the thing that ate Tabitha and attempted to assume his form doesn't look very threatening at all. I dunno. I liked the old Tabitha and Courtney I guess, even if they were just regular Grunts with different poses in the original games; they felt unique.

Any predictions for the design changes of any other characters in the game? Peeko and Mr. Briney? Wallace? The Frontier Brains? The old ladies at the Lavaridge hot spring? Cynthia? Everyone knows she gets around. It wouldn't be too far fetched to assume that new redesigns like these would show up. If only the customizable outfits would return to ORAS. I would not regret buying both versions if they gave you the option to wear Magma/Aqua Grunt outfits.

>team plasma had bad designs
n... no...
Knights ain't exactly my thing. Especially when they spout PETA nonsense in a Pokémon universe. Haven't played B2W2 though, they don't look as bad.

Also, bowl haircuts can look hot if you can pull them off. Team Galactic fails miserably.

And Team Flare is just, you know, Team Flare.

Last edited:
I am pretty confident that only Steven will have access to Mega Evolution the first go. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the Elite Four had them during rematches. There is no basis for that, though.

I'm excited for Mega Diancie now. Magic Bounce just turned it into an actually viable legendary, and while Clear Body is mediocre in general, it's pretty good on a base form to suppress Intimidate. Slightly disappointed it isn't Serene Grace, but it is a very good ability anyways.

Mega Metagross is going to be a pretty huge force with Tough Claws and ANY Attack boost, while it's already getting a much needed bonus to Speed.

Time to breed a 31/31/31/X/31/31 Jolly Beldum. ):

Edit: Mega Metagross is going to be really rad in Ubers where Xerneas is all over. It's pretty much a better answer to it compared to Scizor in... well, I suppose every way, with much better Special Defense, no 4x weakness to Hidden Power Fire, and a similarly strong (if not stronger) Bullet Punch (or Meteor Mash, even).

Last edited:
So we are getting yet another Mega Evo with Magic Bounce.

Serebii says that CoroCoro is calling their August issue a "Mega evolution scoop". Think we're going to be getting some more Megas?

MegaGross still has to watch out for MegaSableye, who has a heightened Defense stat, and also more powerful Dark Pulses/Shadow Balls. We must not forget Will-o-Wisp, either.

Serebii says that CoroCoro is calling their August issue a "Mega evolution scoop". Think we're going to be getting some more Megas?
Likely or at least details on the existing ones, though I am inclined to believe they'd have more megas to reveal considering that would make a much meatier issue for them. That said MDiancie is shaping up strangely... I can imagine maybe 60 points or so devoted to speed leaving the remaining 20 stats presumably to her Atk/SpA that said I do wonder about her movepool since that was very lacking, and is her biggest flaw. I am hoping Diancie gets some nice moves out of the movie, preferably Power Gem or Play rough to at least prevent her from having to go mixed given the average attack stats and without LO to boost it in Mega form.

This got me thinking: are they really going to unveil even more new ME - and worse, over 3 months before the release? If things go on like this, either we'll have like 30 new ME in ORAS or they'll just reveal all of them before the game comes out (which doesn't seem plausible).

Does anyone remember how many ME were revealed before XY came out and how much were only discovered when playing the game?

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
This got me thinking: are they really going to unveil even more new ME - and worse, over 3 months before the release? If things go on like this, either we'll have like 30 new ME in ORAS or they'll just reveal all of them before the game comes out (which doesn't seem plausible).

Does anyone remember how many ME were revealed before XY came out and how much were only discovered when playing the game?
Revealing everything doesn't sound fun.
But I think they probably won't reveal Volcanion yet, despite I think its theme really fits ORAS. Maybe this thing has a Mega too.

I think they didn't reveal Houndoom/ Manectric/ Medicham

XY had 28 in total (counting both variants of charizard & mewtwo) (+ the lati but event so shhhh)

We'll put aside Mewtwo's initial unveil since it was literally nothing but ??????????? for like 4 months straight
August: 6 (Mewtwo Y, Blaziken, Ampharos, Mawile, Lucario, Absol)
September: 6 (Mewtwo X, Garchomp, Charizard Y, Venusaur, Blastoise, Kangskhan [not in corocoro])

October the games came out, and we had already had leaks going for a solid week, but if we hadn't coroco leaked 4 more (Tyranitar, Gengar, Aggron, and a formal showing of Kanga).

Though if how they handled the pokemon unveils (I'm pretty sure we knew the vast majority of them), had they shown Megas off earlier we probably would have seen more.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
tbh Magic Bounce works better on utility mons that can actually use it. Diancie has great defenses and a lot of said options so I think it can make better use of it than, say, Absol (offensive mon) or Sableye (just leave it in base form and abuse Prankster)

"Mega Evolution Scoop" doesn't necessarily mean a whole bunch of new Megas. There's still a lot of things that we don't know yet about Mega Evolution in ORAS:

-What trainers have it? Just Steven? What about the evil teams? Rival? Even the E4 (if so, likely only during rematches)?
-Where do we first get it access to Mega Evolution? From who?
-How many Megas introduced in XY are we going to have access to during the storyline, if any at all?
-What are the stats for the ORAS Megas, other than vague remarks like "higher defense", "lower speed"?
-Why are Mega Evolutions in Hoenn, when they were discovered and originally thought to be limited to Kalos?

I could go on, but really, a "Mega Evolution Scoop" could easily reveal a ton of information about Mega Evolution in ORAS without showing us 5 or 6 new Megas. Now, I'm not saying we're not going to see any new Megas (in fact, I find it highly likely that we'll see at least one or two), but I wouldn't expect a spread like we got for XY revealing half a dozen all at once.

Some might find some comfort in the fact that this Coro Coro said that there were new varieties of Pokemon to be found in Hoenn; in its most likely deciphering, this just means that the Hoenn Dex is getting an update with more Pokemon not from Gen III. Taking this in combination with the fact that Diancie got a Mega Evolution, I would say that other non-Gen III Pokemon have a decent shot of getting Mega Evolutions too, particularly those not in the Hoenn Dex during RSE but introduced in ORAS (since that would give them a reason to be included in the new Hoenn Dex). While we might indeed getting up over a dozen new Megas once ORAS is released, the fact that the Hoenn Dex is being expanded along with Mega Diancie may hint to the fact that a good portion of the new Megas will be from gens other than Gen III.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Also I hope that since Contests are coming back, they use the original gen 3 formula and not those stupid fucking Super Contests with lame watered down mechanics and that stupid dressing up contest with dancing. I pray to Arceus the Pikachu reveal has nothing to do with contests and if so, spare us from the terrible 4th gen formula please.

This is game freak we're talking about, a "significant" boost to speed could be +5. I wouldn't read into it too much, but even a boost of +20 to a total of 90 wouldn't be enough to break it imo, and any more is unlikely without a significant decrease to special attack.

My japanese is terrible, so I can't tell what those marked areas actually say, but I'm not too worried.
I'm curious as to how big the "significant boost in speed" means.

Last edited:

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Somebody said on the serebii forums that Metagros

I'm curious as to how big the "significant boost in speed" means.
Game Freak said Mega Charizard Y was going to get a "significant boost to Special Attack", and he went from 109 to 159; that's a 50 point difference right there. So following that logic, Mega Metagross would have 120 base Speed. That would be awesome. I doubt they'd make it THAT significant of a buff, but a guy can dream, can he not?

Game Freak said Mega Charizard Y was going to get a "significant boost to Special Attack", and he went from 109 to 159; that's a 50 point difference right there. So following that logic, Mega Metagross would have 120 base Speed. That would be awesome. I doubt they'd make it THAT significant of a buff, but a guy can dream, can he not?
120 speed with tough claws, with some attack boost would make mega metagross ridiculous.

Anything from 1 or over is significant.......
Ok.

120 speed with tough claws, with some attack boost would make mega metagross ridiculous.

Ok.
inb4 somebody calls it OP.
Personally, I'd have loved to it get levitate with a more defensive spread but with a significant speed boost and tough claws, I can see it being "ridiculous" as you said. I wonder why it's taking this long to actually have a confirmation of its type/ability and what not.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
So, let's say MegaDiancie is a Rock/Fairy Magic Bouncer with 50/130/170/130/170/50 stats and access to Stealth Rock and Earth Power tutors.

This would be fun. It'd be like Deo-D, but with more weaknesses and no Recover (aka not a Uber piece of alien shit) and no need for Taunt.

EDIT-- Wait shit fuck, CoroCoro says its SPEED, of all things, will have a sharp increase? Fuck me sideways with a rake, 50/130/150/130/150/90 has a lot of potential. If they go batshit insane and give it 110 Base... welp. A 700 BST Fairy-type Magic Bounce that's bulkier and faster than half the metagame.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)