Votes: 6 30.0%
  • M-Aggron

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Talonflame

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sigilyph

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
So I have been playing pokemon a long time now, and a few years ago I really got into competitive battling, mostly I play on Showdown. Anyways, I have been using this team for a while, i designed it around Sigilyph (Because Sigilyph is so awesome when used right, and almost impervious once set up), so lets break this team down shall we.

Trollolol (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Transform

Ditto is almost always my lead, and a great one at that. Very few people expect ditto as a lead and it can really throw people off. It is the best scout in the game and can totally derail an opposing lead by using their own moves against them. Often I will switch ditto out right away for later use as a revenge killer, or if it can KO or cripple using status moves I will use them then switch. I used to use the standard nature and ditto EV/IV spread, however I found that it would often lose in the speed tie against scarfed leads and get KO'd. So instead ditto is running 31 speed IV's, because a struggle match against another ditto is just so rare.

The Crimson Tongue (Greninja) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

When Ditto is not my lead, ol' tongue here is. Greninja hits hard and fast and doesn't regret. An all around awesome pokemon that provides much needed coverage against dragons, darks, and ghosts, something which my team lacked before her introduction. With proper prediction and a speedy u-turn, Greninja can turn the tide in some matches, But be careful, she doesn't take hits well.

Muffin (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Oh Muffin, how I love your plump, tender, vanilla coated ball of a body. You take flamethrowers in the face and instead use them as curry flavouring on your delicious sugary coating. My special wall, I chose to go with wish instead of soft-boiled as one of my main reasons for using blissey was to be able to support and heal. I don't think Muffin needs any more explaining, muffins are freaking awesome!

Tank (Aggron) (F) @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roar
- Heavy Slam
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Mega Aggron is such a Tank, hence the nickname. I used to use Skarmory for the dreaded skarm-bliss combo, but found that it doesn't work so well in xy, and I also had too many flying types on my team already. so I replaced it with Mega Aggron, and boy does she haul a**, pardon my french. The standard mega aggron set works well for this team and I don't intend to change it any time soon. Aggron can really be a nuisance for the opposing team (especially for mons that rely on speed) and with Filter as its ability it takes super effective hits like nobody's business. if they switch to a special attacker, switch to muffin, use wish, and heal Tank. Simple as Tank flavoured muffins :p

Death from above (Talonflame) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Me First

Talonflame was one of those awesome pokemon introduced in xy that everyone wanted to have. It was one of the main players on my first playthrough of Y version and with a name as awesome as Talonflame who can argue with it's greatness. Not only does it hit like a truck but also provides the much needed physical coverage for this team. A little bit of bulk at the expense of some speed is okay as she already gets priority on Brave Bird, the most used and abused move of gen 6, and me first gets priority as well if you predict well. However, Talonflame does have a crippling weakness to stealth rock, to which Ditto is my only response for on this team, and that depends on the opponent having a spinner i can force a switch on.

Hellspawn (Sigilyph) (F) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 216 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD / 36 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psycho Shift
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Roost

The Demon bird from hell, and the star of my team. This monster can rip through entire teams without even flinching if set up right, and my team was designed partly to give it many opportunities to do so. With Flame orb she will be invincible to status inducing moves that would otherwise cripple it (although Blissey is there to help on the off chance that you switch into a thunder wave or sleep powder before flame orb has activated). I don't think this set needs too much explaining as it is pretty much the only viable sigilyph set, but on a side note, I chose to use Sigilyph after a random battle in which i had it on my team. I've modified the Ev's so that she it is faster and has more even defenses, as I found this to work better for this team. Also Sigilyph is a usably fast pokemon and it helps to be able to outspeed the opponent when using roost. As great a pokemon as Sigilyph is though, it does have a lot of trouble dealing with dark types, as in that case burn is the only way to deal with them, which doesn't work so well on walls like umbreon. Also the rare critical hit can send the Demon bird back to hell.

Checks and Counters (that I've had trouble dealing with so far)

and I think that's it, If you find any others be sure to add them in the comments.
Constructive criticism about this team is of course welcome and actually exactly what I'm looking for so please don't be shy. Have fun testing it out :3

the text import for those who want to test it out:

Hasty Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Hellspawn (Sigilyph) (F) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 216 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD / 36 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psycho Shift
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Roost

Muffin (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Impish Nature
- Roar
- Heavy Slam
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Death from above (Talonflame) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Me First

Trollolol (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Transform

Last edited:

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Hi,
I would suggest giving hydro pump instead of u turn since you dont have any water move
Hasty Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
And i would suggest using Chansy with Eviolite it would become very strong pokemon with specailly defence with this move set and can act s wish passer

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Wish

Hi,
I would suggest giving hydro pump instead of u turn since you dont have any water move
Hasty Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
And i would suggest using Chansy with Eviolite it would become very strong pokemon with specailly defence with this move set and can act s wish passer

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
There are two reasons I run blissey instead of eviolite chansey. The first is leftovers, which gives chansey a lot of survivability, the second is knockoff which is now more prevalent then ever in the metagame, and leaves chansey dead in the water. But you are probably right about Hydropump, i'd like to keep u-turn so I might consider removing hidden power[fire] instead, as Talonflame covers that particular area.

Hi,
Hasty Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
Run max defense! You really have to do that, unless you want to die to a fucking psyshock, with max defense it will turn into a 3hko, with you can stall out.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- softboiled/Wish

Okay, going from 641 hp won't really do much of a deference, but going from 41 to 119 deff, you almost take 3 times as many hits, and for the spedeff, does it suffer?

252 SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 356-420 (50.5 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So this was the strongest special attack I could think of, super effective, adabtabillity. So, you ain't dying from no special hit in da ou tier.

There are two reasons I run blissey instead of eviolite chansey. The first is leftovers, which gives chansey a lot of survivability, the second is knockoff which is now more prevalent then ever in the metagame, and leaves chansey dead in the water. But you are probably right about Hydropump, i'd like to keep u-turn so I might consider removing hidden power[fire] instead, as Talonflame covers that particular area.
Because staying in with blissey in a knock off is a good idea? You most likely wanna get the hell out of there anyways. You also have invested 0 defense, so you ain't taking no knock off

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Blissey: 925-1089 (129.5 - 152.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Even with max defensive investment:

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 399-472 (55.8 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Which is a lot better, but still you most likely wanna get out :)

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
hey you can try Extrasensory instead of Hidden power fire

Really cool team, I love to see underrated mons like MAggron and Sigilypth being used. However your Blissey's EV spread seem a little out of place. The EV Spread for Blissey that would maximise is output is 252 Def / 252 Hp / 4 SpDef with a Calm Nature.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Aromatherapy

Even though it sounds weird to have max defense investment on a special wall, these Defense EVs are extremely important to live STAB EQs and Knock Offs. Utilizing Blissey's massive base SpDef, a Calm nature is used to boost its SpDef stat by 30 even with no EVs. This is a little technique for mons like Blissey with a low def stat and high spdef stat.

Note: The optimal EV spread for the pink blobs are actually 252 Def / 252 SpDef / 4 Hp. However because you're using Wish, 252 Def / 252 Hp / 4 SpDef is better to fully optimise Wish. If you happen to change Wish to Softboiled, use the former EV spread.

You might also wanna put some SpDef EVs on Aggron. SpDef actually helps Aggron take univested special hits better.

Cheers!

Really cool team, I love to see underrated mons like MAggron and Sigilypth being used. However your Blissey's EV spread seem a little out of place. The EV Spread for Blissey that would maximise is output is 252 Def / 252 Hp / 4 SpDef with a Calm Nature.

Blissey Import (open)

Even though it sounds weird to have max defense investment on a special wall, these Defense EVs are extremely important to live STAB EQs and Knock Offs. Utilizing Blissey's massive base SpDef, a Calm nature is used to boost its SpDef stat by 30 even with no EVs. This is a little technique for mons like Blissey with a low def stat and high spdef stat.

Note: The optimal EV spread for the pink blobs are actually 252 Def / 252 SpDef / 4 Hp. However because you're using Wish, 252 Def / 252 Hp / 4 SpDef is better to fully optimise Wish. If you happen to change Wish to Softboiled, use the former EV spread.

You might also wanna put some SpDef EVs on Aggron. SpDef actually helps Aggron take univested special hits better.

Cheers!
Hmm, well, like Wide Tomato said, A special wall shouldn't be tanking any physical hits (which I really should have considered), so I think maybe a calm eviolite Chansey with 252/4/252 defenses might be best, as M-aggron can do all the physical tanking. Sp def on aggron now that might be a good idea, I do find that aggron suffers from this weakness so i'm going to look into it. Another option for replacing blissey that I have been thinking about is Sylveon, and that would definitely synergize with Sigilyph to help take out those pesky dark types. The only draw back of course is weaker wish passes but I think I can deal with that if Sylveon can really bring alot to the team.

Hmm, well, like Wide Tomato said, A special wall shouldn't be tanking any physical hits (which I really should have considered), so I think maybe a calm eviolite Chansey with 252/4/252 defenses might be best, as M-aggron can do all the physical tanking. Sp def on aggron now that might be a good idea, I do find that aggron suffers from this weakness so i'm going to look into it. Another option for replacing blissey that I have been thinking about is Sylveon, and that would definitely synergize with Sigilyph to help take out those pesky dark types. The only draw back of course is weaker wish passes but I think I can deal with that if Sylveon can really bring alot to the team.
I believe he meant that you won't be staying in on powerful Knock Off's like that from Bisharp. Blissey is a special wall, so obviously you will not be staying in on physical threats like Bisharp. However, Blissey will still be taking physical hits. Its a really common misconception that the pink blobs do not need Def investment and will only be taking special hits. For example, Psyshock is a move that Blissey will be tanking alot from the likes of strong special threats like Latios and MGardevoir. Without Def investment, Latios and MGardevoir easily handles Blissey. You've no other good switch-ins to Latios and MGardevoir after Blissey goes down.

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Blissey: 715-842 (100.1 - 117.9%) -- Guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 337-398 (47.1 - 55.7%) -- 18.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Just look at the difference. Guaranteed OHKO vs potential 3HKO.
252+ SpA Mega Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Blissey: 721-850 (100.9 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Mega Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 339-400 (47.4 - 56%) -- 25.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Same applies to Mega Gardevoir.

If you've 0 def EVs and Blissey goes down, even Aggron cannot save you from Latios or Mega Gardevoir.
Mega Gardevoir:
252+ SpA Mega Gardevoir Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 307-363 (89.2 - 105.5%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Latios:
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Thunderbolt or Surf vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Aggron: 153-181 (44.4 - 52.6%) -- 20.3% chance to 2HKO

Bear in mind that MAggron has no way to recover HP outside of Blissey's Wish, so you cannot afford to lose Blissey to Latios or Gardevoir.

Some other physical hits that Blissey might be taking will be those from defensive mons like Gliscor's EQ, or Ferrothorn's power whip. Def investment is really important on the pink blobs.

EDIT: Oh and Sylveon is a good team mate. Fairy + Steel is a solid defensive core :]
Also, def investment can allow you take a Pursuit from Bisharp.

I believe he meant that you won't be staying in on powerful Knock Off's like that from Bisharp. Blissey is a special wall, so obviously you will not be staying in on physical threats like Bisharp. However, Blissey will still be taking physical hits. Its a really common misconception that the pink blobs do not need Def investment and will only be taking special hits. For example, Psyshock is a move that Blissey will be tanking alot from the likes of strong special threats like Latios and MGardevoir. Without Def investment, Latios and MGardevoir easily handles Blissey. You've no other good switch-ins to Latios and MGardevoir after Blissey goes down.

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Blissey: 715-842 (100.1 - 117.9%) -- Guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 337-398 (47.1 - 55.7%) -- 18.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Just look at the difference. Guaranteed OHKO vs potential 3HKO.
252+ SpA Mega Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Blissey: 721-850 (100.9 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Mega Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 339-400 (47.4 - 56%) -- 25.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Same applies to Mega Gardevoir.

If you've 0 def EVs and Blissey goes down, even Aggron cannot save you from Latios or Mega Gardevoir.
Mega Gardevoir:
252+ SpA Mega Gardevoir Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 307-363 (89.2 - 105.5%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Latios:
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Thunderbolt or Surf vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Aggron: 153-181 (44.4 - 52.6%) -- 20.3% chance to 2HKO

Bear in mind that MAggron has no way to recover HP outside of Blissey's Wish, so you cannot afford to lose Blissey to Latios or Gardevoir.

Some other physical hits that Blissey might be taking will be those from defensive mons like Gliscor's EQ, or Ferrothorn's power whip. Def investment is really important on the pink blobs.

EDIT: Oh and Sylveon is a good team mate. Fairy + Steel is a solid defensive core :]
Also, def investment can allow you take a Pursuit from Bisharp.
Well who can argue with those calculations. Guess i better apply them, it's late now though so I'm going to bed, but I will test this tomorrow as well as testing Sylveon. Goodnight everyone :D

Reactions: Scy
Iv'e been testing out a modification for the team, I changed roar to dragon tail on M-Aggron as well as investing in Spdef, and switched blissey for Sylveon running almost the same moveset as blissey. The results are so far pretty promising.

EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Heavy Slam
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Cupcake (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)