Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, let's say MegaDiancie is a Rock/Fairy Magic Bouncer with 50/130/170/130/170/50 stats and access to Stealth Rock and Earth Power tutors.

This would be fun. It'd be like Deo-D, but with more weaknesses and no Recover (aka not a Uber piece of alien shit) and no need for Taunt.

EDIT-- Wait shit fuck, CoroCoro says its SPEED, of all things, will have a sharp increase? Fuck me sideways with a rake, 50/130/150/130/150/90 has a lot of potential. If they go batshit insane and give it 110 Base... welp. A 700 BST Fairy-type Magic Bounce that's bulkier and faster than half the metagame.
It learns Rock Polish too. 90 Base Speed with a positive nature outspeeds the whole metagame after one. With a neutral speed nature, it Speed ties with Scarf Base 120s

A completely beneficial stat boost given to a Mega is rarer than a shiny Xerneas/Yvetal/Zygarde at the moment. And that would leave only 10 points available (25+25+40=90)
Mega Gengar got beneficial stat gains in everything it needs. +20 in Defense, SpDef and Speed as well as +40 in SpAtk. Nothing on it's useless Attack. Same with Mega Tyranitar, No boost in SpAtk but boosts in every other stat. Mega Mawile as well.
The point is, Mega Diancie could get anything. And it doesn't have to get boosts on both offences. Even if it's just SpAtk that gets boosted. Base 100 Attack is still solid and Diamond Storm is the only Physical move that's really useful on it and it's moreso for the 50% Defense buff.

That doesn't mean it's good. Remember that it's offensive stats are still shit and won't get better unless they both get past 125, which is unlikely
Lol yeah, a fairy- type with those defenses + 700BST + magic bounce is not going to be good. I mean who would ever think the opposite? And there's definitely no pokemon in any metagame with less than 125 base attack who ever even have a hope of creating an offensive presence.

Lol yeah, a fairy- type with those defenses+700BST+magicbounce is not going to be good. I mean who would ever think the opposite? And there's definitely no pokemon in any metagame with less than 125 base attack who ever even have a hope of creating an offensive presence.
1:you're forgetting it's rock typing. Scizor still screws it.
2:talonflame says hi.
An ideal stat spread(for me at least)
50/120/150/125/150/105

XY had 28 in total (counting both variants of charizard & mewtwo) (+ the lati but event so shhhh)

We'll put aside Mewtwo's initial unveil since it was literally nothing but ??????????? for like 4 months straight
August: 6 (Mewtwo Y, Blaziken, Ampharos, Mawile, Lucario, Absol)
September: 6 (Mewtwo X, Garchomp, Charizard Y, Venusaur, Blastoise, Kangskhan [not in corocoro])

October the games came out, and we had already had leaks going for a solid week, but if we hadn't coroco leaked 4 more (Tyranitar, Gengar, Aggron, and a formal showing of Kanga).

Though if how they handled the pokemon unveils (I'm pretty sure we knew the vast majority of them), had they shown Megas off earlier we probably would have seen more.
Putting the leaks from players aside, that means that out of 28 ME 16 got revealed before release. From the way thigs are shaping up, we'll have a similar number of ME in ORAS, if only a somewhat lower. 5 new ME have been revealed so far and there's a "mega evolution scoop" coming up next month (I'd say 2 to 4 new ME will be unveiled), which would amount to around 8 revealed three months from release. There'll be at least one or two more until November, so I guess it's safe to say we'll know at least 9 or 10 new ME before the games come out. This in turn would mean at least 5 other ME would be in the game (to be leaked by those who get it early -.-). And I'm not being optimistic, for they could introduce 6 new ME next months and the more ME we see before release, the more hidden ones will be in the game (since it's safe to assume they'd leave at least a third for players to find out in-game). So I guess we're in for a real treat!

Mega Evolutions was such a spectacular idea, especially since it allows the introduction of lots of new mons mid-gen (instead of just handing out a couple of new forms and that mainly for legendaries).

Some might find some comfort in the fact that this Coro Coro said that there were new varieties of Pokemon to be found in Hoenn; in its most likely deciphering, this just means that the Hoenn Dex is getting an update with more Pokemon not from Gen III. Taking this in combination with the fact that Diancie got a Mega Evolution, I would say that other non-Gen III Pokemon have a decent shot of getting Mega Evolutions too, particularly those not in the Hoenn Dex during RSE but introduced in ORAS (since that would give them a reason to be included in the new Hoenn Dex). While we might indeed getting up over a dozen new Megas once ORAS is released, the fact that the Hoenn Dex is being expanded along with Mega Diancie may hint to the fact that a good portion of the new Megas will be from gens other than Gen III.
This reasoning makes sense to me. Why did they put Mega Mawile in XY but not Mega Sableye? Fairy type. Why did none of the Pokébank exclusive pokémon and legendaries that we thought could be retconned to fairy didn't get a fairy typing? Because if they were to be fairy, they would've been included in XY from the get-go. So I could totally see them including some pokémon from gen IV-VI just for the sake of giving it a ME. It would be necessary too. Otherwise we might end up with over 20 megas from Hoenn.

1:you're forgetting it's rock typing. Scizor still screws it.
2:talonflame says hi.
An ideal stat spread(for me at least)
50/120/150/125/150/105
Scizor will definitely give M-Diancie some problems, as will anything with a good Steel move like Bullet Punch, but why Talonflame? Rock resists both of its stabs, and I'd imagine Steel Wing isn't all that common on it.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Scizor will definitely give M-Diancie some problems, as will anything with a good Steel move like Bullet Punch, but why Talonflame? Rock resists both of its stabs, and I'd imagine Steel Wing isn't all that common on it.
When EJ190 mentions Talonflame, he referring to Miscellaneous' comment about anything with less than 125 attack/special attack having no offensive presence.

Why wasn't Diamond Storm special?
You're getting pelted with diamonds, and you wonder why you're taking physical damage from them.
Diamonds.

I'm definitely interested in seeing how they make MEvo stones available in the Hoenn region. Which ones are available during the main storyline, how many may be scattered across the region in "remote" locations, which npcs may be bringing them in from Kalos...As far as a mega evolution scoop goes, I'd like to see an explanation as to why Key stones and Mega stones are now in other regions. It still bothers me...It'd also be nice to just keep up the lore side of reveals and hear where mega stones in general come from :3

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You're getting pelted with diamonds, and you wonder why you're taking physical damage from them.
Diamonds.
I think it could have been more like a Psyshock kinda thing, use special attack but hit physical defence. I mean it's not like Diancie is holding the diamonds and swinging them around, it probably instead waves it's hands around and summons a storm...

But yeah I'm dying for some lore on mega stones too. I'm not really bothered that they're found in Hoenn though, Red got his Charizardite in Kanto after all

This reasoning makes sense to me. Why did they put Mega Mawile in XY but not Mega Sableye? Fairy type. Why did none of the Pokébank exclusive pokémon and legendaries that we thought could be retconned to fairy didn't get a fairy typing? Because if they were to be fairy, they would've been included in XY from the get-go.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your wording here, but if I'm not your argument doesn't hold up because Whimsicott became fairy-type and wasn't obtainable in XY in any way, shape or form before Bank came out.

tbh Magic Bounce works better on utility mons that can actually use it. Diancie has great defenses and a lot of said options so I think it can make better use of it than, say, Absol (offensive mon) or Sableye (just leave it in base form and abuse Prankster)
You're right, but I disagree with the sentiment that M-Sableye will be better with Prankster or a worse Magic Bouncer than Mega Diancie. Sableye just has two VERY different uses between it's forms. But it deffinitly has a support movepool to be a great Magic Bouncer. After it's "sizable def upgrade" combined with only one (uncommon) weakness and fighting immunity, with moves like Taunt, Wll-O-Wisp, and Recover (plus way more) it pretty much is the ultimate anti stall Pokemon. I can't think of a single strategy stall Pokemon use that it wouldn't instantly shut down, then turn the tables on them stall them out instead. And it also could make a decent physical wall depending on just how big the def upgrade is. Sableye stands to be a "mystery mega" becasue (again depending on how big that def upgrade is, but I'm assuming big since its speed is dropping) it can be useful in either form. (not to mention if you see a fast physical sweeper you can always hold off on Mega evolving to maintain Prankster Sabeleye as an emergency check.)

Mega Absol could have made do with something a little better though...

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your wording here, but if I'm not your argument doesn't hold up because Whimsicott became fairy-type and wasn't obtainable in XY in any way, shape or form before Bank came out.
True, didn't know about that. Mega Evolutions that are not from Hoenn pokémon still make sense though, since it's likely we'll be getting around 15 new ones and I don't think GF would give them all to Hoenn + Diancie, especially since Diancie mega evolving (a non-Hoenn mon) and the updated Pokédex point to that. I'm starting to find your Mega Dusknoir thesis more plausible. Did you guys notice that the Mega Diancie screenshots showed it fighting a Dusknoir. Either I'm reading too much into or they're focusing a bit too much on a pokémon that wasn't even in Hoenn.

Last edited:
I think it could have been more like a Psyshock kinda thing, use special attack but hit physical defence. I mean it's not like Diancie is holding the diamonds and swinging them around, it probably instead waves it's hands around and summons a storm...

But yeah I'm dying for some lore on mega stones too. I'm not really bothered that they're found in Hoenn though, Red got his Charizardite in Kanto after all
Keep in mind though, Red was given Charizardite X by Mr Fuji who references the Kalos region the split second before Charizard MEvoes. There's a chance that he had it shipped to Kanto, or was once in Kalos where he discovered the stone and learned the secrets around it ages ago. Which means that, so far, it's possible that Kalos is the only region where mega stones are naturally occuring. Though how they explain their occurence in the Hoenn region (at least the brand new ones) will probably be worth a chuckle.

You're right, but I disagree with the sentiment that M-Sableye will be better with Prankster or a worse Magic Bouncer than Mega Diancie. Sableye just has two VERY different uses between it's forms. But it deffinitly has a support movepool to be a great Magic Bouncer. After it's "sizable def upgrade" combined with only one (uncommon) weakness and fighting immunity, with moves like Taunt, Wll-O-Wisp, and Recover (plus way more) it pretty much is the ultimate anti stall Pokemon. I can't think of a single strategy stall Pokemon use that it wouldn't instantly shut down, then turn the tables on them stall them out instead. And it also could make a decent physical wall depending on just how big the def upgrade is. Sableye stands to be a "mystery mega" becasue (again depending on how big that def upgrade is, but I'm assuming big since its speed is dropping) it can be useful in either form. (not to mention if you see a fast physical sweeper you can always hold off on Mega evolving to maintain Prankster Sabeleye as an emergency check.)

Mega Absol could have made do with something a little better though...
I think part of the problem with all this is that Game Freak thinks they know which abilities are really good, based on data from battle tournaments and (possibly, but not likely) reporting in what goes on at popular fan forums. They're just trying to give everything good abilities that could give the pokemon more survivability while MEvo'd. That, or maybe the abundance of Magic Bounce is some reference to becoming unshakable in their new mega state...whatever.

I think part of the problem with all this is that Game Freak thinks they know which abilities are really good, based on data from battle tournaments and (possibly, but not likely) reporting in what goes on at popular fan forums. They're just trying to give everything good abilities that could give the pokemon more survivability while MEvo'd. That, or maybe the abundance of Magic Bounce is some reference to becoming unshakable in their new mega state...whatever.
Lightningrod was considered really good?
Sorry, still on that. God.

Lightningrod was considered really good?
Sorry, still on that. God.
Hell, I still consider it quite good even if it can be situational. At least it wont be like Electivire was where it was stil a tad too weak to do anything (or at least I hope it doesn't and it makes me want an Electivire mega with SF at the least now that I ponder bout it).

Either or, wonder how Diancie can abuse Magic Bounce. Absol was to stop it from getting burned and all, Sable will be like a bulky Calm mind user and Diancie....I don't know how that will go still.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hell, I still consider it quite good even if it can be situational. At least it wont be like Electivire was where it was stil a tad too weak to do anything (or at least I hope it doesn't and it makes me want an Electivire mega with SF at the least now that I ponder bout it).

Either or, wonder how Diancie can abuse Magic Bounce. Absol was to stop it from getting burned and all, Sable will be like a bulky Calm mind user and Diancie....I don't know how that will go still.
You can't Taunt it when it sets up SR or Trick Room.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Keep in mind though, Red was given Charizardite X by Mr Fuji who references the Kalos region the split second before Charizard MEvoes. There's a chance that he had it shipped to Kanto, or was once in Kalos where he discovered the stone and learned the secrets around it ages ago. Which means that, so far, it's possible that Kalos is the only region where mega stones are naturally occuring. Though how they explain their occurence in the Hoenn region (at least the brand new ones) will probably be worth a chuckle.
I knew Red was given it but I didn't know Mr Fuji said that! Damn I've gotta go back and watch that. I know there were theories which linked Mewtwo's and Charizard's mega stones back to Mr Fuji on account of him being involved with Mewtwo's creation so their was speculation that he created the stones or something like that...

But yeah Stellar is right, it will all be tied to Steven. He probably just got back from some trip to Kalos and learnt of them so now he wants to see if there are any lying in Hoenn waiting to be discovered (spoiler: there are)

You can't Taunt it when it sets up SR or Trick Room.
That could be pretty damn cool tho!

.........except on your trick room team it be that or Mega Mawile/Abomo....... and its role could be filled by another (Un-tauntable TR by madam pink fairy and untauntable SR by Mamo) but still intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)