XY UU Mega Absol, the bringer of Disasters. ( yet to peak).

Hello everyone KaiReptilon here, many people who lurk in the Underused chat on PS should know who i am by now. You might remember me from the "Salamence will prevail" rate my team i did in BW, or even the Lucario team i showcased here a week ago or so. Well i'm back with a team which in my opinion is really solid, i don't know what the style of team is honestly but it basically uses Mega-Absol and Infernape as wall breaking buddies so either can sweep. So without further or do here's the team at a glance.

Team Building Process

I started with Mega-Absol as i had never used it before, i so like the design of Mega-Absol, (i mean look at them wings) it also made a nice change to the Lucario i've been spamming in most of my teams.
I added Infernape to act as a wall breaking buddy with Mega-Absol, this gives me two win conditions, Absol being set up or Infernape being set up, they also have good offensive synergy being able to remove each others checks.
The next thing i added to the team was a hazard setter. Some people may argue why Nidoking wasn't included over Nidoqueen, and my answer is that i don't like wasteing the coverage move on Nidoking just for hazards. The hazards help Absol and Infernape do their job easier.

I added Crobat to this team to add a very need Ground resistance. With both Nape and Nidoqueen being weak to Ground and Absol having really shitty defense even when mega evolved i need something that could take them. The team also needed a way to get rid of opposing hazards like Spikes and Sticky web so Crobat best fulfilled this role. Crobat also deals with the Fighting Types faster than Mega-Absol who'd otherwise revenge kill it with ease.

In order to actually deal with said ground weakness i added slowbro, slowbro also dealt with a water weakness i have in this team and also pulls it wait as a physical wall. And it can pass around Status with Scald.

When looking at the team Alakazam basically said it will but rape me, which is true so i added the pink blob Blissey. Blissey can take special hits all fucking day and can heal herself back up with no problems. She can also heal status which severely hurt Absol and Slowbro. Added her created the infamous pink core which is very tough to crack.

A Deeper Look Into Oblivion Whilst Falling From Grace. Blatant Mastodon reference.

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified -> Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Holy crap Absol you actually hit like a fucking truck. Absol is the focal point of this team and for good reason. It's attack stat is sky high whilst mega evolved and needs to be denied a Swords Dance as soon as possible. Justified is the ability before mega evolving just to get the lovely +1 attack rise in order to scare stuff off even more. Magic Bounce is a great ability once evolved as it can bounce back stuff like Will-o-wisp from Sableye and Thunder Wave from Slowbro. Knock Off is probably the best move this gen as it gets a x1.5 power boost if the opponent is holding an item and , of course, it also knocks off said item. Sucker Punch is really good priority and is one of the strongest priority moves in the game maybe even the strongest infact. This is great against faster scarfed foes like Darmanitan as even though Mega-Absol has base 115 speed it still isn't the fastest thing in the world. Superpower is the last move of choice allowing it to hit Hydriegon on the switch as well as Steel-types like Mega Aggron who's usually expecting a Knock Off.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Evs: 252 SpAtk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Atk
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Nasty Plot

Whoever came up with this set is a genius. Infernape is a phenomenal wall breaker being able to destroy physical walls like Aggron with Fire Blast and still be able to wreck Blissey with Close Combat, Infernapes role is to punch holes into the opposing team in order for Absol to sweep, however if the opponent has a method of dealing with Absol their roles swap and Infernape becomes the sweeper. Fire Blast hits anything that doesn't resist it for good damage and it also nails Forretress which this team doesn't reall have and answer to. Close Combat smacks Blissey really hard whilst Grass Knot deals with Bulky Waters on the switch like Slowbro and Swampert.

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP/ 240 Def/ 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Nidoqueen is usually who i'll lead with for the Stealth Rock. It also is my Electric immunity and it deals with lead galvantula pretty nicely. I didn't go the tank set as i'd prefer this thing to actually take a hit. Earth Power is a great STAB move boosted by Sheer Force whilst Sludge Wave deals with fairies like Florges who wall Absol and Infernape. Roar is a really nice addition to the set as it lets me Phaze out setup sweepers like Lucario without any worries. This normally lasts a long time in games though there are times where i need to sack it in order to bring something else in safely.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP/ 60 Atk/ 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-Turn
- Roost
- Defog

Crobat gives this team a really need ground resist and also an answer to Chesnaught as well as scary scarfers like Heracross. The speed evs are 200 so i can outspeed lead Azelf and LO Mienshao and either break the sash with U-Turn or OHKO Mienshao with Brave Bird. Brave Bird is a very solid STAB move which does a nice amount of damage to anything that doesn't resist it. U-Turn is there to GTFO of a matchup and switch to something else to deal with said threat. It also lets me scout to see what's scarfed or not and what certain mons are running. Roost is great recovery whilst Defog allows me to get rid of hazards.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off

Yo bro i heard you need a check to Victini? Slowbro is an absolute life saver as the amount of clutch percentages this guy has lived with is INSANE. It forms an infamously annoying pink core with Blissey which is really hard to break, and if they try to use Heracross then Crobat/Nidoqueen has it covered. It is easily the most important member in this 4 man defensive core i have going here as it's the Psychic resist if Absol is gone. It also checks Victini really nicely and is my out to the currently being tested Haxorus. Scald is used to spread burns to potentially cripple physical attackers. Psyshock is for fighting and poison types, Roserade in particular. Ice Beam is here over Calm Mind because this is my only way of dealing with a DD Haxorus so Ice Beam is used in order to kill Haxy so it doesn't trouble me. Slack Off makes this thing a pain to take down along with Regenerator making alot of people rage quit.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def/ 252 SpDef/ 4 HP
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Aromatherapy
- Soft Boiled

The ungodly special wall Blissey, seriously this thing shouldn't be here. Anyways a couple of things to mention, i run thunderwave because it hits Alakazam ( who is a MASSIVE threat to my team) and Infernape when the monkey switches in. Soft Boiled is here as there's only one Pokemon who i'd pass a wish to so it seemed redundant so i went for Soft Boiled. It tanks hits like there's no tomorrow and is the second part of the PinkCore with Slowbro being very hard to break. Aromatherapy heals any status Absol might pick up due to Scald and heals the Toxic that is always aimed at Slowbro. Thanks to Natural Cure Blissey can absorb status and switch out again healthy making things even harder for my Opponent.

So that is the team from Oblivion. I'm still laddering and right now i'm mid 1300, nothing impressive i know, but i'm still laddering and i haven't peaked yet. Though a couple of problems to the team are MixedNape as well as Alakazam who have a field day here. Thank you for reading this, KaiReptilon signing out.

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Hi,
I would suggest making infernape physical set and this set i use and it works for me
Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Rock Slide

The problem with running infernape fully physical is that it kind of defeats the point of this nape. This, I'm assuming, is to break bulky waters and donphan/hippo so that absol can come through, but swampert totally walls that set and if he ran that he would have absolutely nothing to beat a swampert, which could be a problem considering how common they are.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi,
I would suggest making infernape physical set and this set i use and it works for me
Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Rock Slide
Nobody told you? NP Close Combat Infernape is the single best set for it

Yeah the point of this Infernape is so Absol can breakthrough teams, thank you for the contribution Praj.pran but Physical nape is asking for Mega-Aggron to just wall me which is not what i want to happen. And yeah i don't have an answer for Swampert, Slowbro can scald it and that but MixedNape is intergral here.

Also as some friendly advice i'd suggest you say why to use what you've suggested and how it'll help the team overall as just putting a set doesn't mean very much. So next time i'd say why you're suggesting that specific mon or moveset.

Ununhexium

is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Umm maybe try t-wave over psyshock/ice beam on Slowbro to make sweeping easier. You don't want any scarfers to mess with ape and swampert!

huehuehue Ununhexium i don't have Swampert :P all joking aside i know what you mean but i have Blissey for that :) if haxorus wasn't in the tier i'd run toxic/T-wave but since it is Ice Beam is there :)

I actually faced this team today with a team I was working on so kudos to you it was quite an annoying team (the first 29 turns were pretty much a switch fest between walls and checks XD)

Also I can tell you why no one feels the need to comment on the Blissey spread...

That's because there's nothing wrong with it :P

Blissey will always run Bold - Max Def/Max Sp Def/4 HP there's no reason to change the EV spread like ever.

The moveset is fine and should really only be tweaked for personal preference having Toxic + T-Wave between your 2 primary Defenders is nice but hardly necessary

Hi.

First off, I'd change Ice Beam on Slowbro to Calm Mind, as honestly, hitting Grass and Dragon types, the former probably killing you if you stay in anyway, is far less useful then being able to set up and have immense bulk on both sides. This also makes Slowbro a really great late-game cleaner, as it beats mons that it normally wouldn't, such as Suicune, Florges, Blissey, and other common special walls.

Second off, I'd change your Blissey set to be that of the Wish Passer set; it lets you heal up Nidoqueen, who can be worn down fairly easily, as well as letting you scout out Choiced users. Also, make sure to change the EVs to full HP if you use the Wish set as it lets you pass bigger wishes.

Ununhexium

First off, I'd change Ice Beam on Slowbro to Calm Mind, as honestly, hitting Grass and Dragon types, the former probably killing you if you stay in anyway, is far less useful then being able to set up and have immense bulk on both sides. This also makes Slowbro a really great late-game cleaner, as it beats mons that it normally wouldn't, such as Suicune, Florges, Blissey, and other common special walls.
that would make it weak to cacturne

Hey Bouffalant thank you for the contribution, normally i would be running Calm Mind on Slowbro however since Haxorus is in the tier right now i'm running Ice Beam simply for it, when it is deemed BL i will probably change to Calm mind. And I thought about changing it to Wish however Nidoqueen does it's job before it's killed so i don't really find it necessary to run wish as the other defensive mons can heal themselves anyways.

And Masaz i remember that battle :D who won in the end? lol

Hi there :] So I was just looking through all the suggestions and the everything and saw that your team had a huge weakness to Krookodile, particularly the Banded Set. It is capable of 2HKO'ing everything on your team with Banded Knock Off, with the only two things even capable of taking it (being Absol and Infernape) get absolutely slaughtered and a) Lose their item and b) Can't even guarantee a KO back. With that in mind, I think that Nidoqueen is the weak link of your team. You already have a Crobat to take on Fighting-types so I don't see the point in stacking up on these resists (especially since you have a triple Psychic Weakness as it is). With this in mind, I think you should change Nidoqueen to a Physically Defensive Hippowdon in order to have a better switch in to these Banded attacks.

252 Atk Choice Band Krookodile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 142-168 (33.8 - 40%) -- 28.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

As you can see, Hippowdon can eat up any hit that Krook has to offer and lets you fire back with an EQ of your own or set up rocks w/e.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Toxic / Whirlwind
- Slack Off

This still gives you the phaser (if you want, personally I like Rock Slide better but it's personal preference) and also matches up pretty well vs Haxorus being able to 2HKO with STAB EQ or phase if it tries to boost to much on you.

I'd also suggest using Rocky Helmet over Leftovers seeing as Slowbro isn't being used as your CM sweeper so it doesn't require the passive recovery as badly and can chip away at pesky U-turn mons that try to grab free momentum vs your team. Lastly, since you have Slowbro and Hippowdon as Physical Walls I wouldn't be as worried about Pokemon like Lucario so I suggest you change Thunder Wave on Blissey to Wish in order for you to be able to heal up the rest of your team without having to get a free turn to heal via Slack Off. Oh, I nearly forgot, your Crobat EVs are tailored to Tornadus-T iirc and since that is banned, you don't need to be running anywhere near as much Speed as you have.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 120 HP / 248 Atk / 4 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

That spread lets you outspeed base 115s like Azelf and Raikou, still hit hard with basically Max Attack, give you a bit more bulk to work with and 4 SpD guarantees the Attack boost for Porygon-Z/2.

That's about all I have to offer, I hope these suggestions help your team and good luck with your laddering :]

Not sure if mega blastoise is a threat to your team. 5 of your pokemon really struggle vs it one on one. Absol doesn't appreciate scald, same with infernape and nidoqueen. Crobat doesn't appreciate taking ice beams and slowbro gets hit hard with dark pulse. But like mentioned above blissey works well in the wish passing to the pokemon worn down by life orb such as infernape. Good luck with the team and laddering as well.

And Masaz i remember that battle :D who won in the end? lol
You did because the team only had one physical attacker so cracking that pink blob would have been done only after losing quite a few pokes meaning I just get swept by everything else and I won't lie you got me pretty good when you lead with Infernape and then went for Grass Knot OHKO on my Swampert who I lead with since I was expecting you to either lead with Ape, Queen or Bat clearly I didn't expect you to stay in but oh well that's Pokemon :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)