XY OU Chaos Control (balanced Scarf KyuB team)

1st look:

Ok, so one day I just wanted to make a team around Scarf Kyurem-B, since it's one of my favorite Pokemon to use in OU. I started by adding Keldeo to break walls, and Ferrothorn as a lead. Then, I saw a weakness to Fighting so I threw in Gengar to act as a Fighting-type counter and revenge killer, and Sylveon to keep the team healthy. Finally, I saw that the team needed another revenge killer, so I threw in Garchomp. The result is this team, and I hope you like it!

Genocider (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Outrage

Scarf Kyurem is the Pokemon this team is based on, and here's the set I use: Earth Power is to break through Steel Types if the team hasn't taken them down already, Fusion Bolt is for extra coverage, and Ice Beam and Outrage are for STAB. The EVs are so that Kyurem does as much damage as possible (because he reaches 377 attack with just 4 evs and a neutral nature, while with max EVs and a neutral nature his special attack reaches 339). Nickname origin: Mirror Monster in Kamen Rider Ryuki.

Rudio (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Icy Wind
- Scald

Keldeo is hands down, one of the best wallbreakers in OU now, being able to take down Skarmory, Chansey, Gliscor, and just about almost any wall. Specs is to increase the damage output, Surf and Secret Sword are for STAB, Icy Wind is to blast most Dragons. I used to run HP Flying, but I decided to run Scald instead as Halcyon suggested. Nickname origin: Shortened version of Japanese name.

Matrix (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn is (usually) my lead, unless I predict something going in to counter him. SR and gradually damages the opponent's team and breaks Sashes (and multiscale), Gyro Ball and Power Whip let Ferrothorn fight back against most attackers such as Tyranitar and basically fast Pokemon. Leech Seed was requested by Halcyon and provides amazing recovery with the added bonus of gradual damage, especially with Leftovers. The EVs let Ferrothorn take most hits (looking at you, TTar Flamethrower) and at least get rocks up. Nickname origin: Simulated reality in a 1999 sci-fi film.

Eon (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Psyshock

I used to have Gengar, but I replaced him with Latios, again Halcyon's suggestion. Defog takes down hazards and keeps my Sashes intact (although it also removes my stuff). Dragon Pulse is used over Draco Meteor because the SPA drop peeves me and causes a lot of switching on my part, Surf takes most Pokemon down especially Landorus, who I have somewhat of a weakness to. Psyshock cripples special walls that switch in. Nickname origin:Latios is the Eon Pokemon, what origin do I need?

Seraph (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

I put in Sylveon to keep the team healthy and wall special attackers, leftovers provide recovery while Heal Bell and Wish keep the team going, Protect defends Sylveon from any attack excluding Hyperspace Hole (lol), and Hyper Voice hits most opponents for more-than decent damage. Calm nature helps Sylveon tank special hits while not lowering any needed stats. Nickname origin:An angelic being, regarded in traditional Christian angelology as belonging to the highest order of the ninefold celestial hierarchy, associated with light, ardor, and purity.

Amnit (Garchomp) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Garchomp basically stops setup sweepers and revenge kills stuff. Jolly nature outspeeds most stuff that aren't scarfed, Rough Skin damages opponents (and possibly breaks random sashes if I don't have hazards),Fire Blast takes down Ferrothorn, Dragon Claw along with EarthQuake gives me almost perfect neutral coverage. Swords Dance increases damage, letting Garchomp break some of the tougher walls. Nickname origin:Beast from Egyptian mythology who devours the hearts of sinners. Fire Blast and Swords Dance were requested by Halcyon.

Le replays:(these may be amateur but they're all I've got, I may post more)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-139293528
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-139297172
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-139298213
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-139656047

Scizor:This guy can ruin Kyubii's sweep(if he's been damaged by hazards) but if I have Keldeo, he's going down easy.

ScarfChomp (once Ferro is dead): They can sweep my team with Outrage, what I do is send out Gengar or Garchomp to take them down.

Talonflame (with SR): Demolishes me with SR, and if i send in Kyurem he'll be worn down by SR.

Genocider (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Outrage

Rudio (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Icy Wind
- Scald

Matrix (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Eon (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Psyshock

Seraph (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Amnit (Garchomp) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Last edited:

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi!

Your team has a few notable flaws, although I think that the core of the team is fine. By that I mean, there don't need to be any major changes. However, There are a few things you can do to make the team flow a little better. With two Choiced Pokemon and two Sash Pokemon, you're definitely going to want some way of dealing with hazards, especially since Kyurem is weak to SR. On top of that, your team has a notable weakness to Landorus carrying Sludge Wave, which can come in on Ferrothorn and 2HKO or OHKO everything on your team. Gengar seems out of place on the team as a whole, as it can't really function as a revenge killer (what setup sweeper can it even beat?), doesn't really provide much support other than spinblocking, and it can't even switch into Excadrill because it will either be MB and OHKO it with EQ or Sand Rush and KO it with LO Iron Head the following turn anyway. You also have a major weakness to Thundurus. To fix just about all of these issues, I suggest you run LO Latios over Gengar. Latios does just about everything your Gengar does while also providing Defog support for your team as a whole. I don't think your team will mind it much, as Ferrothorn is a decent hazards setter, and even has Wish support from Sylveon. But with Defog on your team, it should ease Kyurem-B's switching as well as Keldeo and keep your Garchomp's sash in tact if you choose to keep it.
Some minor changes, but ones I believe would be effective include Fire Blast>Roar and SD>Stone Edge on Garchomp. This should help wear down physical walls that might be problematic for Kyurem, and should facilitate it cleaning up late-game. Keldeo should use Hydro Pump>Surf and Scald>Hidden Power Flying. Ferrothorn should use a spread of 252 HP / 40 Def / 208 SDef and an impish nature to help it better handle things like Greninja, Thundurus, and Manaphy. You can also run Leech Seed>Spikes, because I have found them to be pretty useless on Ferrothorn, and Leech Seed can prove useful if Wish Passing to it is unlikely.

Anyway, I hope I was able to help. Good luck with the team!

Seems you might have a weakness to Mega Venu. With Thick Fat, it tanks a lot of hits. Before, you ran HP Flying on Keldeo so I guess that was your main way of taking it down, but it only does around 40%, while he can OHKO you with Giga Drain or some other move. I'd put HP Flying back, and when you fight a MVenu, try to weaken it down to 40% and then it's dead from HP Flying. Cool team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)