The UU Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nas

Banned deucer.

The notorious Pokemon Mafia has returned to the UU forums to issue another challenge! The bosses from every major Pokemon crime syndicate have come together in search of a new don. To find a trainer worthy of leading the Mafia, they have issued a formidable challenge: Defeat all 5 Mafia bosses, and you will become the new don, one of the most powerful and influential people in the Pokemon world. Whoever holds the title of don at the time the challenge ends will be declared the victor. This challenge will test your battling skill, teambuilding prowess, and metagame knowledge against some of the best UU battlers out there. Do you have what it takes to defeat the Mafia?

Here are the 5 crime bosses you must defeat in any order:

Rocket Boss Limitless
Gen: XY
Record: 1-0

Aqua Commander FlareBlitz
Record: 2-3

Magma Commander FLCL
Record: 3-1

Galactic Boss Bad Ass
Gen: BW
Record: 4-2

Plasma King Nas
Gen: BW
Record: 10-0

Mafia Don ???
Record: 0-0​

Rules: (Read them)
  • This is a BW and XY UU tournament
  • All battles will be best of 3
  • All XY games will reflect the current metagame, whatever it may be (Suspects are allowed)
  • Chandelure and Snow Warning are banned in BW UU
  • You are allowed one match loss during your challenge. If you lose twice, you lose all of your progress and must start over
  • You must wait 24 hours before challenging a member of the Mafia again if you are forced to start over
  • The tournament will last approximately one month
  • If you are challenged as a member of the Mafia, you must not john. Continued johning will lead to you being replaced.
  • Mafia members can take part in the challenge, but get to skip themselves. If one of them becomes the don, they will get replaced. Mafia members who lose once during their challenge must start over.
  • If you lose as the don, you will lose all your status and have to work your way back up again.
  • There is no set order with which you must challenge the Mafia. You are encouraged to play any boss that you see on IRC or the forums. If you do not run into Mafia members regularly enough, you must schedule a match via forum PM.
  • Challenges against the don will be 1 game XY, 1 game BW, and game 3 challengers choice (if applicable)
  • Winner will receive half-ops in the #xyuu irc channel and 2 leaderboard points
  • Post the results of all your matches directly in this thread (don't edit old posts unless it would result in double posting)

Calloflochie -

Bad Ass -

Blue Eon -
(One Loss)
Royalty -
(One Loss)

Last edited:

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
sounds fun ;) I'll go for it, even though my chances of winning each time is only like 10% even if i have a 50% chance to win each battle ._.'

One question though. If we run into the people on the ladder, are we allowed to agree to fight there, as has been the case in some other tours? Or do the mafia leaders have to use specific teams/alts in order to make it count?

lost bw 0-2 vs nas. gg

edit: same w/ badass i really need to learn this meta lol

Last edited:

Nas

Banned deucer.
sounds fun ;) I'll go for it, even though my chances of winning each time is only like 10% even if i have a 50% chance to win each battle ._.'

One question though. If we run into the people on the ladder, are we allowed to agree to fight there, as has been the case in some other tours? Or do the mafia leaders have to use specific teams/alts in order to make it count?
You can do that if you both agree, just remember it's bo3 and that will only count as one game.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You are allowed one loss during your challenge. If you lose twice, you lose all of your progress and must start over

So if you beat someone 2-1 in this, you have to win 2-0 in all other games? Or does this refer only to losing the entire match?

I don't get that part, didn't Bouff have to wait 24 hours before starting over? Or is it only against the same mafia member whom you lost against? It's unclear because it sounds as tho you're supposed to play the bosses in an order... Sorry Nas for not bringing this up when you asked me yday, lol.

Edit @below: Oh ok, I thought that second line was related to the first one in regards to the second loss, LOL.

Lost, but I totally should've won that third game if I didn't choke it .–. I guess it's fair tho, because the first one was super haxy.

Last edited:

Nas

Banned deucer.
  • You are allowed one match loss during your challenge. If you lose twice, you lose all of your progress and must start over
  • You must wait 24 hours before challenging a member of the Mafia again if you are forced to start over
So no, he didn't have to wait 24 hours before challenging bad ass. He has to wait 24 hours now, though.

Edit: won against ernesto gg's
edit 2: also beat smurf

Last edited:

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
lost to nas 2-0, beat FlareBlitz 2-1. gg's. I blame koko for my loss.

Nas

Banned deucer.
As an added incentive for winning, it has been decided that the winner will also be allowed to participate in the UU council pm convo's.

(kokoloko seems to think this is a good prize .-.)

Last edited:

Nas

Banned deucer.
Won against Kitten Milk, ggs

edit: won against flcl too gg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)