XY OU The Old "Tear Your Hair Out"

Hey guys, this is my first RMT and my first stall team. I've tried a couple different incarnations of it, but this is the one that works best so far. The general idea is to stall as much as possible and wear down opposing teams for a surprise sweep from one of my more offensive mons. I started with a Mega-aggron/Chesnaught/Blissey core, because they work surprisingly well together, and later tried adding sigilyph for a cosmic/stored power sweeper. A lot of the same ideas are still here in the new team, and it's been working pretty good, so tell me what you think!
EDIT: Thanks to logicalseal for pointing out my taunt weakness, as this is my first stall time, any suggestions for fixing that would be awesome.

skarmory.jpg
Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
I ended up switching out Mega-Aggron for Skarmory because of his reliable recovery and ability to bring you back from the jaws of defeat with sturdy/whirlwind. His job is to act as a massive physical wall and punish it with rocky helmet. Whirlwind gets rid of nasty set up sweepers, and brave bird gives him a chance to do some damage and gives my team flying type STAB. SR is there because with all the things he walls, you have plenty of chances to set it up, and fuck it, who doesn't want free rocks? No defog on this one, the team doesn't really have any hazard weaknesses, and I don't want to drop anything.

Chansey.png
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
Chansey is a fucking massive special wall, holy shit. I went with Chansey because it makes an awesome core with skarmory, and is an awesome cleric for this team. I would have used Blissey, but the defense boast with Chansey is too much to pass up, and as long as I predict knock-off Chansey is just as good. Heal bell is appreciated to get rid of burns on T-tar and dragonite, and wish is awesome for saving pokemon from the jaws of death. I put soft-boiled on too because Chansey loves having the 1-turn recovery for itself, ST is just for damage.

chesnaught.jpg
Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Leech Seed
- Wood Hammer
- Hammer Arm
Chesnaught is so fucking good, and I really wanted to put him on a team. Grass/Fighting is not the best typing, but his defense is good enough to let him switch in on any neutral or resisted hit and set up right away. Spiky shield and leech seed plus leftovers give him great recovery, wood hammer and hammer arm are there for STAB.

clefable.jpg
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
Clefable is a monstrous mixed wall, and gets a lot of easy switch ins. After one cosmic power, it can tank an iron head from bisharp or a flash cannon from aegislash, and gets plenty of chances to set up a lot more than one cosmic power. The general idea is to switch in on something scared of fairy, then boost up with cosmic power and soft-boiled. Moonblast is there for fairy STAB, and to take out annoying dark types that wall stored power. Once Clefable gets going, it's impossible to take down, and often sweeps entire teams.

tyranitar.jpg
Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide
- Earthquake
T-tar is an awesome mon, and he makes an excellent mega for the team. Sandstorm helps wear down opponents, which the walls on my team really appreciate. Pretty standard DD set, but with more bulk to help it set up and sweep opposing teams. Vulnerable to burns and the like, but Blissey is always there to help out. Crunch and Stone Edge give stab, although Rock Slide is more reliable. EQ rounds out coverage and helps take out steel types like Mega Mawile after a DD. Even better because of the variety in Ttar sets, a lot of people don't predict the dance until its too late.

dragonite.png
Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- ExtremeSpeed
- ThunderPunch/IcePunch/FirePunch
My other sweeper, Dragonite is often my finisher of the game. Most people don't anticipate the bulk, which lets him tank an ice punch from Conkeldurr at full HP, and once his checks have been removed, he's free to sweep with dragon claw and extreme speed. Chansey really helps keep him alive and free of status so he can do his job. My only question is which elemental punch to run for coverage, I've been alternating between thunder punch and ice punch, but fire punch would help take care of pesky steel types that try to wall him.

So that's the team! It's been working well, Skarmory, Chesnaught and Blissey make a great defensive core, and the other three mons have a lot of great chances to sweep and don't add many weaknesses to the team. Let me know what you think, especially on what elemental punch to use.

Importable is here:
Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Leech Seed
- Wood Hammer
- Hammer Arm

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- ExtremeSpeed
- ThunderPunch

Last edited:
I feel that keldeo is a problem for this team; hydro pump on skarmory, secret sword on chansey, HP flying on chesnaught, hydro pump on clefable, secret sword on tyranitar, and icy wind for dragonite. Most Keldeo are specs, however, so you could play around it. On the other hand, your opponent could predict your switches and go for another move. You could add a fast pokemon like thundurus (t-wave support also fits the theme of tearing your hair out) to kill it/cripple anything that comes in on the switch. HP ice is helpful for landorus-t.

I feel that keldeo is a problem for this team; hydro pump on skarmory, secret sword on chansey, HP flying on chesnaught, hydro pump on clefable, secret sword on tyranitar, and icy wind for dragonite. Most Keldeo are specs, however, so you could play around it. On the other hand, your opponent could predict your switches and go for another move. You could add a fast pokemon like thundurus (t-wave support also fits the theme of tearing your hair out) to kill it/cripple anything that comes in on the switch. HP ice is helpful for landorus-t.
Thanks for the suggestion; you're right, Thundurus could make a great part of the team, and his prankster taunt looks like a great addition. I'm going to test it with Thundurus in place of dragonite.

On Dragonite, you need to make it Fire Punch as a final decisions, as Ice punch doesn't help much against anything that you can't hit with fire punch, and the same thing with TPunch. Also, don't run a multiscale 'mon with TTar, since if you swittch it in, it loses MScale.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)