Ubers Wobbuffet [GP 2/2]

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
Overview
Solid.

Set
Mention stuff it shouldn't try to take on in Usage Tips (stuff like Band/Specs users, set up sweepers that have already set up). In Team Options, not just any set up sweepers are good partners, but ideally ones that can have a hard time to set up unsupported (Rayray, SD Blaze, etc, Arceus formes don't need your help). I would also mention stuff Wobba supports first and then things like Voltturn, because Wobba is a pretty specific support Pokemon so teammates that really make use of it are important.

OO
These all suck bar Destiny Bond but I guess that's Wobba.

C&C
Sableye best counter
Imo the order should be:
Ghosts (can escape, Counter immune, etc) > Darks (most are specially based so Mirror Coat immunity is victory) > VoltTurn (Counter still works on like Scizor's U-turn if they don't have a Ghost) > Taunt (some Taunt users still lose against Wobba) > Residual damage (Is nice) > Pursuit (usually only possible after Wobba has claimed a victim, and it can survive a Pursuit if it stays in and is pretty healthy) > Phazing (Encore prevents phazing mostly but if a mon hasn't used a move yet eg through a double switch or if some scary mon you don't really want to encore against has a phazing move like Dtail Palker or Giratina-O it works) > Shed Shell (bad item but it works here)

QC: 1/3

Last edited:
Overview
Solid.

Set
Mention stuff it shouldn't try to take on in Usage Tips (stuff like Band/Specs users, set up sweepers that have already set up). In Team Options, not just any set up sweepers are good partners, but ideally ones that can have a hard time to set up unsupported (Rayray, SD Blaze, etc, Arceus formes don't need your help). I would also mention stuff Wobba supports first and then things like Voltturn, because Wobba is a pretty specific support Pokemon so teammates that really make use of it are important.

OO
These all suck bar Destiny Bond but I guess that's Wobba.

C&C
Sableye best counter
Imo the order should be:
Ghosts (can escape, Counter immune, etc) > Darks (most are specially based so Mirror Coat immunity is victory) > VoltTurn (Counter still works on like Scizor's U-turn if they don't have a Ghost) > Taunt (some Taunt users still lose against Wobba) > Residual damage (Is nice) > Pursuit (usually only possible after Wobba has claimed a victim, and it can survive a Pursuit if it stays in and is pretty healthy) > Phazing (Encore prevents phazing mostly but if a mon hasn't used a move yet eg through a double switch or if some scary mon you don't really want to encore against has a phazing move like Dtail Palker or Giratina-O it works) > Shed Shell (bad item but it works here)

QC: 1/3
Made changes, and I'll remind myself to add your mini-explanations in C&C in the write-up.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Any possibility of using a Sash on Wobblez?

I mean it gets beat by Mega Kanga, Cloyster and Scoli but Wobblez can't handle these to begin with. So long as hazards are gone (thanks to Defog) set up sweepers like Ekiller can be beaten and with the sand / hail (<- lol) nerf weather won't really be a problem. At least a mention in OO? I mean it's kinda gimmicky but it has a major surprise factor and can be a team's last resort against an out of hand set up sweeper.

Any possibility of using a Sash on Wobblez?

I mean it gets beat by Mega Kanga, Cloyster and Scoli but Wobblez can't handle these to begin with. So long as hazards are gone (thanks to Defog) set up sweepers like Ekiller can be beaten and with the sand / hail (<- lol) nerf weather won't really be a problem. At least a mention in OO? I mean it's kinda gimmicky but it has a major surprise factor and can be a team's last resort against an out of hand set up sweeper.
I'll add it in. Sash can also let Wobb beat Band/Specs users if at full health as well, in addition to stopping EKiller with a nice present.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll give a full QC check later when I have more time (while I may still be getting used to gen 6, Wobbuffet is one of my specialties hehehe). That being said, I did notice two things while skimming the skeleton!

1. I'd actually mention Mega Gengar as a Wobbuffet teammate. Besides having two awesome trappers, Wobbuffet and Mega Gengar have a bit of synergy too. First of all, Wobbuffet can "set up" Gengar to Mega evolve. Sure its not exactly a sweeping deal, but its still helpful! The important part is that having two trappers means that you can REALLY screw up a lot of Pokémon that dare use a set up or support move vs Wobbuffet. You just might want to note that vs smart players, this can actually goad people into directly attacking Wobbuffet more often, so you can choose to gamble with that if you want.

2. I'd actually slash Destiny Bond in with Safeguard. Don't get me wrong, Safeguard is usually the better option for setting stuff up. HOWEVER, Destiny Bond can actually screw up mixed attackers if you're willing to sack Wobbuffet (just watch out for Zekroms with Volt Switch I guess), and can be a nice sort of "prediction shield" if you're unsure if the opponent is going to attack you or set up. Thanks to Wobbuffet being so slow, if the opponent attacks you the turn after you used Destiny Bond, they'll still die, so you can choose Encore and at least damage the opponent SOMEHOW in most cases.

Mention that the main problem with Destiny Bond is that your set up sweepers will have bigger issues with status moves. You can sorta deal with this by using certain mons that are immune to certain status moves (think stuff like Blaziken for Will-O-Wisp, Mega Lucario and Gengar for Toxic, etc). Maybe clerics can work too, but I haven't really tried those with Wobbuffet yet, so I'll leave that up to you (though I am making a Wobboffense team with Aromatherapy Xerneas heh)

I'll give a full QC check later when I have more time (while I may still be getting used to gen 6, Wobbuffet is one of my specialties hehehe). That being said, I did notice two things while skimming the skeleton!

1. I'd actually mention Mega Gengar as a Wobbuffet teammate. Besides having two awesome trappers, Wobbuffet and Mega Gengar have a bit of synergy too. First of all, Wobbuffet can "set up" Gengar to Mega evolve. Sure its not exactly a sweeping deal, but its still helpful! The important part is that having two trappers means that you can REALLY screw up a lot of Pokémon that dare use a set up or support move vs Wobbuffet. You just might want to note that vs smart players, this can actually goad people into directly attacking Wobbuffet more often, so you can choose to gamble with that if you want.

2. I'd actually slash Destiny Bond in with Safeguard. Don't get me wrong, Safeguard is usually the better option for setting stuff up. HOWEVER, Destiny Bond can actually screw up mixed attackers if you're willing to sack Wobbuffet (just watch out for Zekroms with Volt Switch I guess), and can be a nice sort of "prediction shield" if you're unsure if the opponent is going to attack you or set up. Thanks to Wobbuffet being so slow, if the opponent attacks you the turn after you used Destiny Bond, they'll still die, so you can choose Encore and at least damage the opponent SOMEHOW in most cases.

Mention that the main problem with Destiny Bond is that your set up sweepers will have bigger issues with status moves. You can sorta deal with this by using certain mons that are immune to certain status moves (think stuff like Blaziken for Will-O-Wisp, Mega Lucario and Gengar for Toxic, etc). Maybe clerics can work too, but I haven't really tried those with Wobbuffet yet, so I'll leave that up to you (though I am making a Wobboffense team with Aromatherapy Xerneas heh)
I especially like using 2 Shadow Tag users (it sounds diabolical btw), but I do think DBond should get a moves mention and nothing else, as Safeguard and Encore can lock a wall like Gliscor or Blissey into a move that does absolutely nothing due to Safeguard like Toxic or TWave, which means a free set-up turn. But, DBond can do better in getting either mixed attackers, Band/Specs users and revenge killers out of the way, its just you have to set up DBond before you die to a hit, but Wobb is extremely slow, making most hits like a Choice Specs Kyogre Water Spout or something along those lines a kill before Wobb even moves. Idk, I can leave that up to other QC members, as this is all the argument I have about it.

I'm not a fan of DBond, mostly due to Wobbuffet's pathetic speed. The only reason that Dbond is so good on Gengar is because of 130 Speed base. And, I've tried double shadow tag, and the resulting team had an unavoidable severe Yveltal weakness, which is something that I wouldn't recommend.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Me and Melee Mewtwo talked about Destiny Bond a while ago, and I've changed my mind. I think that instead of slashing it in, you should give it a small paragraph in the set. Just mention that it's a great anti prediction tool, but it requires some nasty sacrifices such as losing the ability to set up on status (a good example is how with Destiny Bond, Klefki can stop your Xerneas), and that if you use Destiny Bond, you'll want some Pokémon that are immune to important statuses, such as Mega Lucario for Toxic, Blaziken / Mega Blaziken for Will-O-Wisp, etc.

Otherwise, the skeleton looks fine! QC Approved 2/3 (man I need someone to make me one of those fancy stamps later)

Reactions: Muk
Me and Melee Mewtwo talked about Destiny Bond a while ago, and I've changed my mind. I think that instead of slashing it in, you should give it a small paragraph in the set. Just mention that it's a great anti prediction tool, but it requires some nasty sacrifices such as losing the ability to set up on status (a good example is how with Destiny Bond, Klefki can stop your Xerneas), and that if you use Destiny Bond, you'll want some Pokémon that are immune to important statuses, such as Mega Lucario for Toxic, Blaziken / Mega Blaziken for Will-O-Wisp, etc.

Otherwise, the skeleton looks fine! QC Approved 2/3 (man I need someone to make me one of those fancy stamps later)
Alright, beginning the write-up.

Edit: There's a thread for QC/GP stamps: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/you-guys-need-more-approved-stamps.3490873/

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
I kinda don't want to talk about minor metagame trends since things change quickly. Overall generational stuff like just how much more status heavy and defensive this gen got is okay but whether or not there's a preference for defense or offense I'd rather leave out. (also not gp but "had", don't you mean has the right tools?) Anyways, speaking of generation shifts, weather nerf was huge for wobb as it can now deal with a lot of neutral water / fire attacks from things like Palkia. (wobb's typing isn't THAT bad, it doesn't really have too many glaring weaknesses) Also, Mewtwo getting more formes and being more prominent in the meta actually gives wobb a significant utility through that psychic typing.

I know tmon already said we talked about it but I'm personally not a huge fan of dbond at all. I don't mind a moves mention but I really feel like in such a massively status heavy metagame that passing on Safeguard isn't really much of an option. Even with teammates that are immune to status you rob yourself of plenty of otherwise free setup opportunities.

Your section on alternate ev spreads is confusing. I'm still not quite sure what you are trying to say but I think you were trying to explain you could favor the physical side of things or even take from one defense to buff up HP and specialize in the other. (if you did mean to mention the later option make sure you stress how much you lose by pouring into hp since wobb's hp stat is so large, especially in comparison to its defenses, that you won't actually make much of a difference and harm it's general utility)

Tickle doesn't drop spdef, it drops attack and defense. Also, tickle would be used over safeguard. Basically you encore lock a mon and then tickle spam it to death.

Looks good. Make sure that you don't let all the analyses you've taken on slow you down from actually writing them up.

-MM2

I kinda don't want to talk about minor metagame trends since things change quickly. Overall generational stuff like just how much more status heavy and defensive this gen got is okay but whether or not there's a preference for defense or offense I'd rather leave out. (also not gp but "had", don't you mean has the right tools?) Anyways, speaking of generation shifts, weather nerf was huge for wobb as it can now deal with a lot of neutral water / fire attacks from things like Palkia. (wobb's typing isn't THAT bad, it doesn't really have too many glaring weaknesses) Also, Mewtwo getting more formes and being more prominent in the meta actually gives wobb a significant utility through that psychic typing.

I know tmon already said we talked about it but I'm personally not a huge fan of dbond at all. I don't mind a moves mention but I really feel like in such a massively status heavy metagame that passing on Safeguard isn't really much of an option. Even with teammates that are immune to status you rob yourself of plenty of otherwise free setup opportunities.

Your section on alternate ev spreads is confusing. I'm still not quite sure what you are trying to say but I think you were trying to explain you could favor the physical side of things or even take from one defense to buff up HP and specialize in the other. (if you did mean to mention the later option make sure you stress how much you lose by pouring into hp since wobb's hp stat is so large, especially in comparison to its defenses, that you won't actually make much of a difference and harm it's general utility)

Tickle doesn't drop spdef, it drops attack and defense. Also, tickle would be used over safeguard. Basically you encore lock a mon and then tickle spam it to death.

Looks good. Make sure that you don't let all the analyses you've taken on slow you down from actually writing them up.

-MM2
The funny thing is that I'm procrastinating lol. But for reals, I think I can get this written today and implement MM2's changes, then proceed to Amoonguss.

canman98 AM Check
CHANGE
REMOVE
COMMENTS

Overview
########

ThoughWhile the Ubers metagame is shifting more and more towards offense, Wobbuffet still stands ever ready to take ithem on. Wobbuffet luckily has access to just the right, albeit few, moves to have access to in order to fulfill its niche as a Shadow Tag user, with Counter and Mirror Coat to trap and defeat powerful attackers and, Choice Scarf users, and a rising threat in Mewtwo, or Encore and Safeguard to give sweepers opportunities to nabrecieve a boost. Also, Wobbuffet will also not fall so easily, as its immense bulk and HP stat allows it to survive relatively powerful hitattacks and retaliate with full force, and the lack of weather-boosted attacks makes Wobbuffet's job easier. However, although Wobbuffet provides a large amount of utility to offensive teams, it is not without its drawbacks. It may have large amouDespite its excellents of bulk, Wobbut itffet's Psychic typing doesn't have enough useful resistances to support it and leaves it vulnerable to Ghost- and Dark-types, which are currently rising in popularity of Ghost- and Dark-types. Also, as one would imagine, the type of movepool Wobbuffet has is extremely reliant on prediction; something that it cannot use easily against non-Choice locked Pokemon. In a different vein of Wobbuffet's sparse movepool, it also leaves Wobbuffet vulnerable to Taunt users like Yveltal and Thundurus. Wobbuffet also has to faces competition from its 2 other Shadow Tag bretheren:users such as Gothitelle and Mega Gengar. However, but Wobbuffet can do something that both Mega Gengar and Gothitelle cannot: trap and killdefeat Choice Scarf users. Despite thiits flaws, Wobbuffet remains an excellent team member to offensive teams, and expect it to disrupt teams and pave the way for a clean sweep if played correctly.

Oh No, It's Wobbuffet!
########
name: derpOh No, It's Wobbuffet!
move 1: Counter
move 2: Mirror Coat
move 3: Encore
move 4: Safeguard
item: Leftovers
evs: 28 HP / 228 Def / 252 SpD
nature: Calm

Moves
========

Wobbuffet's overall movepool is sparse yet simple, making each moveslot option integral to how Wobbuffet operatefunctions. Counter and Mirror Coat are obvious staples, ands Wobbuffet would not be able to trap and defeat Choice Scarfed Pokemon users without them. Encore is also extremelyan important move, as it can lock the opponent into a useless move for, allowing a sweeper to come in and set up on it without repercussion. Safeguard is very useful as well, ands Wobbuffet can lock an an opponent into a status move and render it ineffective, gettallowing boostingfree setup opportunities for a sweeper much easier. Destiny Bond can be chosenused over Safeguard to ease prediction against offensive oppPokemonents, but youWobbuffet loses the ability for yourits team to set up on status moves, and Wobbuffet will often have to take a hit before using Destiny Bond due to its horrendous Speed.

Set Details
========

The given EVs liste spread above letllows Wobbuffet takeo avoid being 2HKOed by Modest Kyogre's Water Spouts,(252+ SpA Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 28 HP / 252+ SpD Wobbuffet in Rain: 448-528 (84.8 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO Wobbuffet can only take one Water Spout before dying) while also gaining more Leftovers recovery with the 28 EVs invested into HP. This also allows Wobbuffet to take special hitattacks better as well. Another option for tThe EVs is to compound themspread can also be intovested in a specific Ddefensive stat to take on or KOcheck certain offensive threats, likePokemon, such as Blaziken or Ho-Oh forwhen investing in Defense, or Xerneas and Kyogre forwhen investing in Special Defense.

Usage Tips
========

The main thing to do to increase Wobbuffet's success, is to is recoutmmended to seek out targets you wish to revenge kill, primarily to prevent mixed attackers to screw up cfrom playing around with Counter and Mirror Coat or possible Choice Band orand Choice Specs users tofrom destroy youfeating Wobbuffet. When this is able to occur, Choice Scarf users can be spotted, and therefore one has found Wobbuffet's target. If the opponent switches frequently, try to capitalize on this and bring in Wobbuffet on a predicted targetswitch to trap them. Sinc foe. Because Wobbuffet is specialized for its targets, using Encoringe on setup sweepers is the recommended option so that either y eitheyr get locked into a boosting moves or deal smalpitiful damage to your team. Encore unfHowever, Encortunately should be used with caution against possible Spikes users, as the continuous layers being added can cause great consequences to a team's longevity even with Defog users. As mentioned before, refrain from taking on Choice Band and Choice Specs users, in addition to sweepers that have already set up, asince Wobbuffet has no recovery outside of Leftovers and cannot take very powerful hitattacks at all.

Team Options
========

The wholeonly reason to use Wobbuffet is to support sweepers wiby trapping and removing their countrappers. Luckily, there are severa lot of sweepers that lovebenefit from Wobbuffet's ability to trap, remove, or get setup opportunities from certain Pokemon. This includes but is not limited to Dragon Dance Rayquaza, Mega Mewtwo X, and Swords Dance Blaziken, whoich all find it difficult to gain boosts to sweep on their own. Sweepers likesuch as Mewtwo and Darkrai are also good team members to use with Wobbuffetmates, because their high base Speed leaves them prone to gettbeing revenge killed by Choice Scarf users, which Wobbuffet can dispatch. Also, a way to get Wobbuffet in Volt Swithout harm is VoltTch and U-turn users likesuch as Scizor orand Thundurus, can allow Wobbuffet to enter the battlefeild without harm cand ease switch predictions in order for Wobbuffet to trap its specified target. TAlthough Wobbuffet is much more suited for hyper- offensive teams, clerics on balanced teams likesuch as Xerneas, Sylveon, and Blissey can help Wobbuffet with status conditions and overall longevity to do whatallow it needs to doto fulfill its role. A very powerful core Wobbuffet can form is with Blaziken and Hidden Power Fire Geomancy Xerneas, as Wobbuffet can create multiple setup opportunities for both by locking the opponent into a resisted move with Encore or removing their usual checks and counters like Giratina or Klefki.

Other Options
########

Wobbuffet has a very shallow movepool, therefore limiting its options. But, Wobbuffet can utilize Charm to weaken physical attackers combined with Encore for aand allow free setup opportunity, hies when combined with Encore. However, this leaves Wobbuffet open to attacks and Encore has wider utility. Tickle has the same objective as Charm and would replace Safeguard, but the Attack and Defense drops can be used in tandem with a Pursuit user, but t. This methodstrategy is gimmicky and as mentioned before, Encore can hit more targets than Tickle does. WheIn talking abouterms of items, Mental Herb can be used to protect Wobbuffet from Taunts, and can then let Wobbuffet do something for an extra turn. The primary problem is are that Mental Herb can only be used once, Wobbuffet loses Leftovers, and Wobbuffet can only retaliate against a select few Taunt users. Focus Sash on the other hand is extremely useful when dealing with powerful attackersPokemon that can OHKO Wobbuffet, which letallows Wobbuffet to KO attackers that it could not with Leftovers. Downsides of Focus Sash are, of course, the lack of passive recovery from Leftovers, andand an increase in the amount of entry hazard control must be increased in orderquired to maintain Wobbuffet's Focus Sash.

Checks and Counters
########
Since Shadow Tag is a thing, bBy textbook definition, Wobbuffet has no true counters, as the opponent cannot switch out. But, there are some things to due to its ability, Shadow Tagainst it. Despite this, that canere are several ways to defeat it:

**Ghost-types**: Not only can Ghost-types likesuch as Mega Gengar, Giratina-O, and Ghost Arceus hit Wobbuffet for super- effective damage, but they can also ignore Counter and most importantly, ignore Shadow Tag, making Wobbuffet ineffective against them.

**Dark-types**: Most of the Dark-types in the tier like, including Dark Arceus, Darkrai, and Yveltal are specially oriented, which is troublesome for Wobbuffet, asince they are immune to Mirror Coat, lettallowing them to hit Wobbuffet hardfor super effective damage without repercussion.

**U-turn / Volt Switch**: Like theSimilar to Ghost-types, Volt Switch users likesuch as Thundurus and Zekrom in addition to swell as U-turn users likesuch as Scizor and Genesect can ignore Shadow Tag's mechanics and can switch into somethinga Pokemon that can KO Wobbuffet if needed.

**Taunt**: Most Taunt users in the tier like, including Mega Gengar, Mewtwo, and Thundurus, prevent Wobbuffet from using Encore and locking them into a move tohat can turn them into setup fodder. However, Wobbuffet can still damage them with Mirror Coat or Counter.

**Residual Damage**: Because of Wobbuffet's lack of reliable recovery, means of residual damage likesuch as burns, poison, sand, hail, or entry hazards can wear down Wobbuffet very fast, to the point where it can be KOed.

**Pursuit users**: TAlthough rare, Pursuit users likesuch as Tyranitar, Aegislash, and Scizor can come in and revenge kill Wobbuffet after it has claimed a victim. But, Wobbuffet can predict the Pursuit, by staying in and retaliateing with Counter, but this is a risky situation since most Pursuit users can hit Wobbuffet for super- effectively damage.

**Phazing moves**: This situation is uncommon in the fact that Encore stops Whirlwind and Roar, Dragon Tail users likesuch as Giratina-O, Groudon, and Palkia can take advantage of being Encored, and phaze out Wobbuffet out. Afterwards, the opponent can switch as they see fit until Wobbuffet returns again.

**Shed Shell**: Shed Shell users likesuch as Blissey can also ignore Shadow Tag, and can therefore switch out with impunity. ButHowever, Pokemostn that use Shed Shell users are rare, making this situation very uncommon.

Overview
########

While the Ubers metagame is shifting more and more towards offense, Wobbuffet still stands ready to take it on. Wobbuffet luckily has access to just the right, albeit few, moves in order to fulfill its niche as a Shadow Tag user, with Counter and Mirror Coat to trap and defeat powerful attackers, Choice Scarf users, and a rising threat in Mewtwo, or Encore and Safeguard to give sweepers opportunities to recieve a boost. Wobbuffet will also not fall so easily, as its immense HP stat allows it to survive relatively powerful attacks and retaliate with full force and the lack of weather-boosted attacks makes Wobbuffet's job easier. However, although Wobbuffet provides a large amount of utility to offensive teams, it is not without its drawbacks. Despite its excellent bulk, Wobbuffet's Psychic typing doesn't have enough useful resistances to support it and leaves it vulnerable to Ghost- and Dark-types, which are currently rising in popularity. Also, as one would imagine, the type of movepool Wobbuffet has is extremely reliant on prediction; something that it cannot use easily against non-Choice locked Pokemon. In a different vein of Wobbuffet's sparse movepool, it also leaves Wobbuffet vulnerable to Taunt users like Yveltal and Thundurus. Wobbuffet also faces competition from other Shadow Tag users such as Gothitelle and Mega Gengar. However, Wobbuffet can do something that both Mega Gengar and Gothitelle cannot: trap and defeat Choice Scarf users. Despite its flaws, Wobbuffet remains an excellent team member to offensive teams, and expect it to disrupt teams and pave the way for a clean sweep if played correctly.

Oh No, It's Wobbuffet!
########
name: Oh No, It's Wobbuffet!

Moves
========

Wobbuffet's overall movepool is sparse yet simple, making each moveslot option integral to how Wobbuffet functions. Counter and Mirror Coat are obvious staples, as Wobbuffet would not be able to trap and defeat Choice Scarf users without them. Encore is also an important move, as it can lock the opponent into a useless move, allowing a sweeper to come in and set up on it without repercussion. Safeguard is very useful as well, as Wobbuffet can lock an opponent into a status move and render it ineffective, allowing free setup opportunities for sweepers. Destiny Bond can be used over Safeguard to ease prediction against offensive Pokemon, but Wobbuffet loses the ability for its team to set up on status moves and will often have to take a hit before using Destiny Bond due to its horrendous Speed.

Set Details
========

The given EV spread allows Wobbuffet to avoid being 2HKOed by Modest Kyogre's Water Spout while also gaining more Leftovers recovery with the 28 EVs invested into HP. This also allows Wobbuffet to take special attacks better. The EVs spread can also be invested in a specific defensive stat to check certain Pokemon, such as Blaziken or Ho-Oh when investing in Defense or Xerneas and Kyogre when investing in Special Defense.

Usage Tips
========

To increase Wobbuffet's success, it is recommended to seek out targets you wish to revenge kill, primarily to prevent mixed attackers from playing around with Counter and Mirror Coat or possible Choice Band and Choice Specs users from defeating Wobbuffet. When this is able to occur, Choice Scarf users can be spotted and one has found Wobbuffet's target. If the opponent switches frequently, try to capitalize on this and bring in Wobbuffet on a predicted switch to trap the foe. Because Wobbuffet is specialized for its targets, using Encore on setup sweepers is recommended so that they either get locked into a boosting move or deal pitiful damage to your team. However, Encore should be used with caution against possible Spikes users, as the continuous layers being added can cause great consequences to a team's longevity even with Defog users. As mentioned before, refrain from taking on Choice Band and Choice Specs users, in addition to sweepers that have already setup, as Wobbuffet has no recovery outside of Leftovers and cannot take powerful attacks at all.

Team Options
========

The only reason to use Wobbuffet is to support sweepers by trapping and removing their counters. Luckily, there are several sweepers that benefit from Wobbuffet's ability to trap, remove, or get setup opportunities from certain Pokemon. This includes but is not limited to Dragon Dance Rayquaza, Mega Mewtwo X, and Swords Dance Blaziken, which all find it difficult to gain boosts to sweep on their own. Sweepers such as Mewtwo and Darkrai are also good teammates, as their high base Speed leaves them prone to being revenge killed by Choice Scarf users, which Wobbuffet can dispatch. Volt Switch and U-turn users such as Scizor and Thundurus can allow Wobbuffet to enter the battlefeild without harm and ease switch predictions in order for Wobbuffet to trap its specified target. Although Wobbuffet is much more suited for hyper offensive teams, clerics on balanced teams such as Xerneas, Sylveon, and Blissey can help Wobbuffet with status conditions and overall longevity to allow it to fulfill its role. A very powerful core Wobbuffet can form is with Blaziken and Hidden Power Fire Geomancy Xerneas, as Wobbuffet can create multiple setup opportunities for both by locking the opponent into a resisted move with Encore or removing their usual checks and counters like Giratina or Klefki.

Other Options
########

Wobbuffet has a very shallow movepool, therefore limiting its options. Wobbuffet can utilize Charm to weaken physical attackers and allow free setup opportunities when combined with Encore. However, this leaves Wobbuffet open to attacks and Encore has wider utility. Tickle has the same objective as Charm and would replace Safeguard, but the Attack and Defense drops can be used in tandem with a Pursuit user. This strategy is gimmicky and as mentioned before, Encore can hit more targets than Tickle does. In terms of items, Mental Herb can be used to protect Wobbuffet from Taunt and can then let Wobbuffet do something for an extra turn. The primary problems are that Mental Herb can only be used once, Wobbuffet loses Leftovers, and Wobbuffet can only retaliate against a select few Taunt users. Focus Sash is extremely useful when dealing with powerful Pokemon that can OHKO Wobbuffet, which allows Wobbuffet to KO attackers that it could not with Leftovers. Downsides of Focus Sash are, of course, the lack of passive recovery and an increase in the amount of entry hazard control required to maintain Wobbuffet's Focus Sash.

Checks and Counters
########
By textbook definition, Wobbuffet has no true counters, as the opponent cannot switch out due to its ability, Shadow Tag. Despite this, there are several ways to defeat it:

**Ghost-types**: Not only can Ghost-types such as Mega Gengar, Giratina-O, and Ghost Arceus hit Wobbuffet for super effective damage, but they can also ignore Counter and most important, ignore Shadow Tag, making Wobbuffet ineffective against them.

**Dark-types**: Most of the Dark-types in the tier, including Dark Arceus, Darkrai, and Yveltal are specially oriented, which is troublesome for Wobbuffet, as they are immune to Mirror Coat, allowing them to hit Wobbuffet for super effective damage without repercussion.

**U-turn / Volt Switch**: Similar to Ghost-types, Volt Switch users such as Thundurus and Zekrom a swell as U-turn users such as Scizor and Genesect can ignore Shadow Tag's mechanics and can switch into a Pokemon that can KO Wobbuffet if needed.

**Taunt**: Most Taunt users in the tier, including Mega Gengar, Mewtwo, and Thundurus, prevent Wobbuffet from using Encore and locking them into a move that can turn them into setup fodder. However, Wobbuffet can still damage them with Mirror Coat or Counter.

**Residual Damage**: Because of Wobbuffet's lack of reliable recovery, means of residual damage such as burns, poison, sand, hail, or entry hazards can wear down Wobbuffet very fast, to the point where it can be KOed.

**Pursuit users**: Although rare, Pursuit users such as Tyranitar, Aegislash, and Scizor can come in and revenge kill Wobbuffet after it has claimed a victim. Wobbuffet can predict the Pursuit by staying in and retaliating with Counter, but this is a risky situation since most Pursuit users can hit Wobbuffet for super effective damage.

**Phazing moves**: This situation is uncommon in the fact that Encore stops Whirlwind and Roar, Dragon Tail users such as Giratina-O, Groudon, and Palkia can take advantage of being Encored and phaze Wobbuffet out. Afterwards, the opponent can switch as they see fit until Wobbuffet returns again.

**Shed Shell**: Shed Shell users such as Blissey can also ignore Shadow Tag, and can therefore switch out with impunity. However, Pokemon that use Shed Shell are rare, making this situation very uncommon.

canman98 AM Check
CHANGE
REMOVE
COMMENTS

Overview
########

ThoughWhile the Ubers metagame is shifting more and more towards offense, Wobbuffet still stands ever ready to take ithem on. Wobbuffet luckily has access to just the right, albeit few, moves to have access to in order to fulfill its niche as a Shadow Tag user, with Counter and Mirror Coat to trap and defeat powerful attackers and, Choice Scarf users, and a rising threat in Mewtwo, or Encore and Safeguard to give sweepers opportunities to nabrecieve a boost. Also, Wobbuffet will also not fall so easily, as its immense bulk and HP stat allows it to survive relatively powerful hitattacks and retaliate with full force, and the lack of weather-boosted attacks makes Wobbuffet's job easier. However, although Wobbuffet provides a large amount of utility to offensive teams, it is not without its drawbacks. It may have large amouDespite its excellents of bulk, Wobbut itffet's Psychic typing doesn't have enough useful resistances to support it and leaves it vulnerable to Ghost- and Dark-types, which are currently rising in popularity of Ghost- and Dark-types. Also, as one would imagine, the type of movepool Wobbuffet has is extremely reliant on prediction; something that it cannot use easily against non-Choice locked Pokemon. In a different vein of Wobbuffet's sparse movepool, it also leaves Wobbuffet vulnerable to Taunt users like Yveltal and Thundurus. Wobbuffet also has to faces competition from its 2 other Shadow Tag bretheren:users such as Gothitelle and Mega Gengar. However, but Wobbuffet can do something that both Mega Gengar and Gothitelle cannot: trap and killdefeat Choice Scarf users. Despite thiits flaws, Wobbuffet remains an excellent team member to offensive teams, and expect it to disrupt teams and pave the way for a clean sweep if played correctly.

Oh No, It's Wobbuffet!
########
name: derpOh No, It's Wobbuffet!

Moves
========

Wobbuffet's overall movepool is sparse yet simple, making each moveslot option integral to how Wobbuffet operatefunctions. Counter and Mirror Coat are obvious staples, ands Wobbuffet would not be able to trap and defeat Choice Scarfed Pokemon users without them. Encore is also extremelyan important move, as it can lock the opponent into a useless move for, allowing a sweeper to come in and set up on it without repercussion. Safeguard is very useful as well, ands Wobbuffet can lock an an opponent into a status move and render it ineffective, gettallowing boostingfree setup opportunities for a sweeper much easier. Destiny Bond can be chosenused over Safeguard to ease prediction against offensive oppPokemonents, but youWobbuffet loses the ability for yourits team to set up on status moves, and Wobbuffet will often have to take a hit before using Destiny Bond due to its horrendous Speed.

Set Details
========

The given EVs liste spread above letllows Wobbuffet takeo avoid being 2HKOed by Modest Kyogre's Water Spouts,(252+ SpA Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 28 HP / 252+ SpD Wobbuffet in Rain: 448-528 (84.8 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO Wobbuffet can only take one Water Spout before dying) while also gaining more Leftovers recovery with the 28 EVs invested into HP. This also allows Wobbuffet to take special hitattacks better as well. Another option for tThe EVs is to compound themspread can also be intovested in a specific Ddefensive stat to take on or KOcheck certain offensive threats, likePokemon, such as Blaziken or Ho-Oh forwhen investing in Defense, or Xerneas and Kyogre forwhen investing in Special Defense.

Usage Tips
========

The main thing to do to increase Wobbuffet's success, is to is recoutmmended to seek out targets you wish to revenge kill, primarily to prevent mixed attackers to screw up cfrom playing around with Counter and Mirror Coat or possible Choice Band orand Choice Specs users tofrom destroy youfeating Wobbuffet. When this is able to occur, Choice Scarf users can be spotted, and therefore one has found Wobbuffet's target. If the opponent switches frequently, try to capitalize on this and bring in Wobbuffet on a predicted targetswitch to trap them. Sinc foe. Because Wobbuffet is specialized for its targets, using Encoringe on setup sweepers is the recommended option so that either y eitheyr get locked into a boosting moves or deal smalpitiful damage to your team. Encore unfHowever, Encortunately should be used with caution against possible Spikes users, as the continuous layers being added can cause great consequences to a team's longevity even with Defog users. As mentioned before, refrain from taking on Choice Band and Choice Specs users, in addition to sweepers that have already set up, asince Wobbuffet has no recovery outside of Leftovers and cannot take very powerful hitattacks at all.

Team Options
========

The wholeonly reason to use Wobbuffet is to support sweepers wiby trapping and removing their countrappers. Luckily, there are severa lot of sweepers that lovebenefit from Wobbuffet's ability to trap, remove, or get setup opportunities from certain Pokemon. This includes but is not limited to Dragon Dance Rayquaza, Mega Mewtwo X, and Swords Dance Blaziken, whoich all find it difficult to gain boosts to sweep on their own. Sweepers likesuch as Mewtwo and Darkrai are also good team members to use with Wobbuffetmates, because their high base Speed leaves them prone to gettbeing revenge killed by Choice Scarf users, which Wobbuffet can dispatch. Also, a way to get Wobbuffet in Volt Swithout harm is VoltTch and U-turn users likesuch as Scizor orand Thundurus, can allow Wobbuffet to enter the battlefeild without harm cand ease switch predictions in order for Wobbuffet to trap its specified target. TAlthough Wobbuffet is much more suited for hyper- offensive teams, clerics on balanced teams likesuch as Xerneas, Sylveon, and Blissey can help Wobbuffet with status conditions and overall longevity to do whatallow it needs to doto fulfill its role. A very powerful core Wobbuffet can form is with Blaziken and Hidden Power Fire Geomancy Xerneas, as Wobbuffet can create multiple setup opportunities for both by locking the opponent into a resisted move with Encore or removing their usual checks and counters like Giratina or Klefki.

Other Options
########

Wobbuffet has a very shallow movepool, therefore limiting its options. But, Wobbuffet can utilize Charm to weaken physical attackers combined with Encore for aand allow free setup opportunity, hies when combined with Encore. However, this leaves Wobbuffet open to attacks and Encore has wider utility. Tickle has the same objective as Charm and would replace Safeguard, but the Attack and Defense drops can be used in tandem with a Pursuit user, but t. This methodstrategy is gimmicky and as mentioned before, Encore can hit more targets than Tickle does. WheIn talking abouterms of items, Mental Herb can be used to protect Wobbuffet from Taunts, and can then let Wobbuffet do something for an extra turn. The primary problem is are that Mental Herb can only be used once, Wobbuffet loses Leftovers, and Wobbuffet can only retaliate against a select few Taunt users. Focus Sash on the other hand is extremely useful when dealing with powerful attackersPokemon that can OHKO Wobbuffet, which letallows Wobbuffet to KO attackers that it could not with Leftovers. Downsides of Focus Sash are, of course, the lack of passive recovery from Leftovers, andand an increase in the amount of entry hazard control must be increased in orderquired to maintain Wobbuffet's Focus Sash.

Checks and Counters
########
Since Shadow Tag is a thing, bBy textbook definition, Wobbuffet has no true counters, as the opponent cannot switch out. But, there are some things to due to its ability, Shadow Tagainst it. Despite this, that canere are several ways to defeat it:

**Ghost-types**: Not only can Ghost-types likesuch as Mega Gengar, Giratina-O, and Ghost Arceus hit Wobbuffet for super- effective damage, but they can also ignore Counter and most importantly, ignore Shadow Tag, making Wobbuffet ineffective against them.

**Dark-types**: Most of the Dark-types in the tier like, including Dark Arceus, Darkrai, and Yveltal are specially oriented, which is troublesome for Wobbuffet, asince they are immune to Mirror Coat, lettallowing them to hit Wobbuffet hardfor super effective damage without repercussion.

**U-turn / Volt Switch**: Like theSimilar to Ghost-types, Volt Switch users likesuch as Thundurus and Zekrom in addition to swell as U-turn users likesuch as Scizor and Genesect can ignore Shadow Tag's mechanics and can switch into somethinga Pokemon that can KO Wobbuffet if needed.

**Taunt**: Most Taunt users in the tier like, including Mega Gengar, Mewtwo, and Thundurus, prevent Wobbuffet from using Encore and locking them into a move tohat can turn them into setup fodder. However, Wobbuffet can still damage them with Mirror Coat or Counter.

**Residual Damage**: Because of Wobbuffet's lack of reliable recovery, means of residual damage likesuch as burns, poison, sand, hail, or entry hazards can wear down Wobbuffet very fast, to the point where it can be KOed.

**Pursuit users**: TAlthough rare, Pursuit users likesuch as Tyranitar, Aegislash, and Scizor can come in and revenge kill Wobbuffet after it has claimed a victim. But, Wobbuffet can predict the Pursuit, by staying in and retaliateing with Counter, but this is a risky situation since most Pursuit users can hit Wobbuffet for super- effectively damage.

**Phazing moves**: This situation is uncommon in the fact that Encore stops Whirlwind and Roar, Dragon Tail users likesuch as Giratina-O, Groudon, and Palkia can take advantage of being Encored, and phaze out Wobbuffet out. Afterwards, the opponent can switch as they see fit until Wobbuffet returns again.

**Shed Shell**: Shed Shell users likesuch as Blissey can also ignore Shadow Tag, and can therefore switch out with impunity. ButHowever, Pokemostn that use Shed Shell users are rare, making this situation very uncommon.

Overview
########

While the Ubers metagame is shifting more and more towards offense, Wobbuffet still stands ready to take it on. Wobbuffet luckily has access to just the right, albeit few, moves in order to fulfill its niche as a Shadow Tag user, with Counter and Mirror Coat to trap and defeat powerful attackers, Choice Scarf users, and a rising threat in Mewtwo, or Encore and Safeguard to give sweepers opportunities to recieve a boost. Wobbuffet will also not fall so easily, as its immense HP stat allows it to survive relatively powerful attacks and retaliate with full force and the lack of weather-boosted attacks makes Wobbuffet's job easier. However, although Wobbuffet provides a large amount of utility to offensive teams, it is not without its drawbacks. Despite its excellent bulk, Wobbuffet's Psychic typing doesn't have enough useful resistances to support it and leaves it vulnerable to Ghost- and Dark-types, which are currently rising in popularity. Also, as one would imagine, the type of movepool Wobbuffet has is extremely reliant on prediction; something that it cannot use easily against non-Choice locked Pokemon. In a different vein of Wobbuffet's sparse movepool, it also leaves Wobbuffet vulnerable to Taunt users like Yveltal and Thundurus. Wobbuffet also faces competition from other Shadow Tag users such as Gothitelle and Mega Gengar. However, Wobbuffet can do something that both Mega Gengar and Gothitelle cannot: trap and defeat Choice Scarf users. Despite its flaws, Wobbuffet remains an excellent team member to offensive teams, and expect it to disrupt teams and pave the way for a clean sweep if played correctly.

Oh No, It's Wobbuffet!
########

Moves
========

Wobbuffet's overall movepool is sparse yet simple, making each moveslot option integral to how Wobbuffet functions. Counter and Mirror Coat are obvious staples, as Wobbuffet would not be able to trap and defeat Choice Scarf users without them. Encore is also an important move, as it can lock the opponent into a useless move, allowing a sweeper to come in and set up on it without repercussion. Safeguard is very useful as well, as Wobbuffet can lock an opponent into a status move and render it ineffective, allowing free setup opportunities for sweepers. Destiny Bond can be used over Safeguard to ease prediction against offensive Pokemon, but Wobbuffet loses the ability for its team to set up on status moves and will often have to take a hit before using Destiny Bond due to its horrendous Speed.

Set Details
========

The given EV spread allows Wobbuffet to avoid being 2HKOed by Modest Kyogre's Water Spout while also gaining more Leftovers recovery with the 28 EVs invested into HP. This also allows Wobbuffet to take special attacks better. The EVs spread can also be invested in a specific defensive stat to check certain Pokemon, such as Blaziken or Ho-Oh when investing in Defense or Xerneas and Kyogre when investing in Special Defense.

Usage Tips
========

To increase Wobbuffet's success, it is recommended to seek out targets you wish to revenge kill, primarily to prevent mixed attackers from playing around with Counter and Mirror Coat or possible Choice Band and Choice Specs users from defeating Wobbuffet. When this is able to occur, Choice Scarf users can be spotted and one has found Wobbuffet's target. If the opponent switches frequently, try to capitalize on this and bring in Wobbuffet on a predicted switch to trap the foe. Because Wobbuffet is specialized for its targets, using Encore on setup sweepers is recommended so that they either get locked into a boosting move or deal pitiful damage to your team. However, Encore should be used with caution against possible Spikes users, as the continuous layers being added can cause great consequences to a team's longevity even with Defog users. As mentioned before, refrain from taking on Choice Band and Choice Specs users, in addition to sweepers that have already setup, as Wobbuffet has no recovery outside of Leftovers and cannot take powerful attacks at all.

Team Options
========

The only reason to use Wobbuffet is to support sweepers by trapping and removing their counters. Luckily, there are several sweepers that benefit from Wobbuffet's ability to trap, remove, or get setup opportunities from certain Pokemon. This includes but is not limited to Dragon Dance Rayquaza, Mega Mewtwo X, and Swords Dance Blaziken, which all find it difficult to gain boosts to sweep on their own. Sweepers such as Mewtwo and Darkrai are also good teammates, as their high base Speed leaves them prone to being revenge killed by Choice Scarf users, which Wobbuffet can dispatch. Volt Switch and U-turn users such as Scizor and Thundurus can allow Wobbuffet to enter the battlefeild without harm and ease switch predictions in order for Wobbuffet to trap its specified target. Although Wobbuffet is much more suited for hyper offensive teams, clerics on balanced teams such as Xerneas, Sylveon, and Blissey can help Wobbuffet with status conditions and overall longevity to allow it to fulfill its role. A very powerful core Wobbuffet can form is with Blaziken and Hidden Power Fire Geomancy Xerneas, as Wobbuffet can create multiple setup opportunities for both by locking the opponent into a resisted move with Encore or removing their usual checks and counters like Giratina or Klefki.

Other Options
########

Wobbuffet has a very shallow movepool, therefore limiting its options. Wobbuffet can utilize Charm to weaken physical attackers and allow free setup opportunities when combined with Encore. However, this leaves Wobbuffet open to attacks and Encore has wider utility. Tickle has the same objective as Charm and would replace Safeguard, but the Attack and Defense drops can be used in tandem with a Pursuit user. This strategy is gimmicky and as mentioned before, Encore can hit more targets than Tickle does. In terms of items, Mental Herb can be used to protect Wobbuffet from Taunt and can then let Wobbuffet do something for an extra turn. The primary problems are that Mental Herb can only be used once, Wobbuffet loses Leftovers, and Wobbuffet can only retaliate against a select few Taunt users. Focus Sash is extremely useful when dealing with powerful Pokemon that can OHKO Wobbuffet, which allows Wobbuffet to KO attackers that it could not with Leftovers. Downsides of Focus Sash are, of course, the lack of passive recovery and an increase in the amount of entry hazard control required to maintain Wobbuffet's Focus Sash.

Checks and Counters
########
By textbook definition, Wobbuffet has no true counters, as the opponent cannot switch out due to its ability, Shadow Tag. Despite this, there are several ways to defeat it:

**Ghost-types**: Not only can Ghost-types such as Mega Gengar, Giratina-O, and Ghost Arceus hit Wobbuffet for super effective damage, but they can also ignore Counter and most important, ignore Shadow Tag, making Wobbuffet ineffective against them.

**Dark-types**: Most of the Dark-types in the tier, including Dark Arceus, Darkrai, and Yveltal are specially oriented, which is troublesome for Wobbuffet, as they are immune to Mirror Coat, allowing them to hit Wobbuffet for super effective damage without repercussion.

**U-turn / Volt Switch**: Similar to Ghost-types, Volt Switch users such as Thundurus and Zekrom a swell as U-turn users such as Scizor and Genesect can ignore Shadow Tag's mechanics and can switch into a Pokemon that can KO Wobbuffet if needed.

**Taunt**: Most Taunt users in the tier, including Mega Gengar, Mewtwo, and Thundurus, prevent Wobbuffet from using Encore and locking them into a move that can turn them into setup fodder. However, Wobbuffet can still damage them with Mirror Coat or Counter.

**Residual Damage**: Because of Wobbuffet's lack of reliable recovery, means of residual damage such as burns, poison, sand, hail, or entry hazards can wear down Wobbuffet very fast, to the point where it can be KOed.

**Pursuit users**: Although rare, Pursuit users such as Tyranitar, Aegislash, and Scizor can come in and revenge kill Wobbuffet after it has claimed a victim. Wobbuffet can predict the Pursuit by staying in and retaliating with Counter, but this is a risky situation since most Pursuit users can hit Wobbuffet for super effective damage.

**Phazing moves**: This situation is uncommon in the fact that Encore stops Whirlwind and Roar, Dragon Tail users such as Giratina-O, Groudon, and Palkia can take advantage of being Encored and phaze Wobbuffet out. Afterwards, the opponent can switch as they see fit until Wobbuffet returns again.

**Shed Shell**: Shed Shell users such as Blissey can also ignore Shadow Tag, and can therefore switch out with impunity. However, Pokemon that use Shed Shell are rare, making this situation very uncommon.
Amcheck implemented.

Deletions
Additions / Corrections
Comments

Overview
########

While the Ubers metagame is shifting more and more towards offense, Wobbuffet still stands ready to take it on. Wobbuffet It luckily has access to just the right, albeit few, moves in order to fulfill its niche as a Shadow Tag user, with Counter and Mirror Coat to trap and defeat powerful attackers, Choice Scarf users, and a rising threat in Mewtwo, or Encore and Safeguard to give sweepers opportunities to recieve a boost set up. Wobbuffet will also not fall so easily, as its immense HP stat allows it to survive relatively powerful attacks and retaliate with full force, (add comma) and the lack of weather-boosted attacks makes Wobbuffet's job easier. However, although Wobbuffet provides a large amount of utility to offensive teams, it is not without its drawbacks. Despite its excellent bulk, Wobbuffet's Psychic typing doesn't have enough useful resistances to support it and leaves it vulnerable to Ghost- and Dark-types, which are currently rising in popularity. Also, as one would imagine, the type of movepool Wobbuffet has is extremely reliant on prediction, (add comma) something that it cannot use easily doesn't help it against non-Choice locked Pokemon. In a different vein of Wobbuffet's sparse movepool, and leaves Wobbuffet it vulnerable to Taunt users like such as Yveltal and Thundurus. Wobbuffet also faces competition from other Shadow Tag users such as Gothitelle and Mega Gengar. However, Wobbuffet can do something that both Mega Gengar and Gothitelle cannot: trap and defeat Choice Scarf users. Despite its flaws, Wobbuffet remains an excellent team member to on offensive teams, and so expect it to disrupt teams and pave the way for a clean sweep if played correctly.

Oh No, It's Wobbuffet!
########

Moves
========

Wobbuffet's overall movepool is sparse yet simple, making each moveslot option integral to how Wobbuffet it functions. Counter and Mirror Coat are obvious staples, as Wobbuffet would not be able to trap and defeat Choice Scarf users without them. Encore is also an important move, as it can lock the opponent into a useless move, allowing a sweeper to come in and set up on it without repercussion. Safeguard is very useful as well, as Wobbuffet can lock an opponent into a status move and then render it ineffective, allowing free setup opportunities for sweepers. Destiny Bond can be used over Safeguard to ease prediction against offensive Pokemon, but Wobbuffet loses the ability for its team to help its team set up on status moves and will often have to take a hit before using Destiny Bond due to its horrendous Speed.

Set Details
========

The given EV spread allows Wobbuffet to avoid being 2HKOed by Modest Kyogre's Water Spout while also gaining more Leftovers recovery with the 28 EVs invested into HP. This also allows Wobbuffet to take special attacks better. The EVs spread can also be invested in a specific defensive stat can be tweaked for Wobbuffet to check certain Pokemon, such as Blaziken or and Ho-Oh when investing in Defense or Xerneas and Kyogre when investing in Special Defense.

Usage Tips
========

To increase Wobbuffet's success, it is recommended to seek out targets you wish to revenge kill, primarily to prevent mixed attackers from playing around with Counter and Mirror Coat or possibly Choice Band and Choice Specs users from defeating Wobbuffet. When this is able to occur done, Choice Scarf users can be spotted and one has found Wobbuffet's target as potential targets for Wobbuffet. If the opponent switches frequently, try to capitalize on this and bring in Wobbuffet on a predicted switch to trap the foe. Because Wobbuffet is specialized for its targets, using Encore on setup sweepers is recommended so that they either get locked into a boosting move or deal pitiful damage to your team. However, Encore should be used with caution against possible Spikes users, as the continuous layers being added can cause great consequences to a team's longevity even with Defog users. As mentioned before, refrain from taking on Choice Band and Choice Specs users, in addition to sweepers that have already set up, as Wobbuffet has no recovery outside of Leftovers and cannot take powerful attacks at all.

Team Options
========

The only reason to use Wobbuffet is to support sweepers by trapping and removing their counters. Luckily, there are several sweepers that benefit from Wobbuffet's ability to trap, remove, or get setup opportunities from certain Pokemon. This includes but is not limited to Dragon Dance Rayquaza, Mega Mewtwo X, and Swords Dance Blaziken, which all find it difficult to gain boosts to sweep on their own. Sweepers such as Mewtwo and Darkrai are also good teammates, as their high base Speed leaves them prone to being revenge killed by Choice Scarf users, which Wobbuffet can dispatch. Volt Switch and U-turn users such as Scizor and Thundurus can allow Wobbuffet to enter the battlefield without harm and ease switch predictions in order for Wobbuffet to trap its specified target. Although Wobbuffet is much more suited for hyper offensive teams, clerics on balanced teams such as Xerneas, Sylveon, and Blissey can help Wobbuffet with status conditions and overall longevity to allow it to fulfill its role. A very powerful core Wobbuffet can form is with Blaziken and Hidden Power Fire Geomancy Xerneas, as Wobbuffet can create multiple setup opportunities for both by locking the opponent into a resisted move with Encore or removing their usual checks and counters, (add comma) such as like Giratina or Klefki.

Other Options
########

Wobbuffet has a very shallow movepool, therefore limiting its options. Wobbuffet can utilize Charm to weaken physical attackers and allow free setup opportunities when combined with Encore. However, this leaves Wobbuffet open to attacks, (add comma) and Encore has wider utility. Tickle has the same objective as Charm and would replace Safeguard, but the Attack and Defense drops can be used in tandem with a Pursuit user. This strategy is gimmicky, (add comma) and as mentioned before, Encore can hit more targets than Tickle does. In terms of items, Mental Herb can be used to protect Wobbuffet from Taunt and can then let Wobbuffet it do something for an extra turn. The primary problems are that Mental Herb can only be used once, Wobbuffet loses Leftovers, and Wobbuffet can only retaliate against a select few Taunt users. Focus Sash is extremely useful when dealing with powerful Pokemon that can OHKO Wobbuffet, which allows Wobbuffet to KO attackers that it could not with Leftovers. The downsides of Focus Sash are, of course, the lack of passive recovery and an increase in the amount of entry hazard control required to maintain Wobbuffet's Focus Sash.

Checks and Counters
########

**U-turn / Volt Switch**: Similar to Ghost-types, Volt Switch users such as Thundurus and Zekrom as well as U-turn users such as Scizor and Genesect can ignore Shadow Tag's mechanics and can switch into a Pokemon that can KO Wobbuffet if needed.

**Phazing moves**: This situation is uncommon in due to the fact that Encore stops Whirlwind and Roar, but Dragon Tail users such as Giratina-O, Groudon, and Palkia can take advantage of being Encored and phaze Wobbuffet out. Afterwards, the opponent can switch as they see fit until Wobbuffet returns again.

GP 1 / 2

Last edited:

Ender

pelagic
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm working on top of Calm Pokemaster's GP because this hasn't been updated in almost 2 months. To avoid confusion, I will also include a copy/paste version that implements all GP checks to this point.

GP 2/2

Additions and changes [punctuation]
Deletions [punctuation]
[Comments]
Overview
########

While the Ubers metagame is shifting more and more towards offense, Wobbuffet still stands ready to take it on. It luckily has access to just the right, albeit few, moves in order to fulfill its niche as a Shadow Tag user. Counter and Mirror Coat trap and defeat powerful attackers, Choice Scarf users, and Mewtwo,
and Encore and Safeguard give sweepers opportunities to set up. Wobbuffet will also not fall easily, as its immense HP stat allows it to survive relatively powerful attacks and retaliate with full force, and the lack of weather-boosted attacks makes Wobbuffet's job easier. However, although Wobbuffet provides a large amount of utility to offensive teams, it is not without its drawbacks. Despite its excellent bulk, Wobbuffet's Psychic typing doesn't have enough useful resistances to support it and leaves it vulnerable to Ghost- and Dark-types, which are currently rising in popularity. Also, as one would imagine, the type of movepool Wobbuffet has is extremely reliant on prediction, something that doesn't help it against non-Choice locked Pokemon and leaves it vulnerable to Taunt users such as Yveltal and Thundurus. Wobbuffet also faces competition from other Shadow Tag users such as Gothitelle and Mega Gengar. However, unlike Mega Gengar and Gothitelle, Wobbuffet can trap and defeat Choice Scarf users. Despite its flaws, Wobbuffet remains an excellent team member on offensive teams, so expect it to disrupt teams and pave the way for a clean sweep if played correctly.

Oh No, It's Wobbuffet!
########

Moves
========

Wobbuffet's overall movepool is sparse yet simple, making each moveslot option integral to how it functions. Counter and Mirror Coat are obvious staples, as Wobbuffet would not be able to trap and defeat Choice Scarf users without them. Encore can lock the opponent into a useless move, allowing a sweeper to come in and set up without
fear of repercussion. Safeguard is very useful as well, as Wobbuffet can lock an opponent into a status move and then render it ineffective, allowing free setup opportunities for sweepers. Destiny Bond can be used over Safeguard to ease prediction against offensive Pokemon, but Wobbuffet loses the ability to help its team set up on status moves and will often have to take a hit before using Destiny Bond due to its horrendous Speed.

Set Details
========

The given EV spread allows Wobbuffet to avoid being 2HKOed by Modest Kyogre's Water Spout while also
providing more Leftovers recovery with the 28 EVs invested into HP. This also allows Wobbuffet to take special attacks better. The EVs can be tweaked for Wobbuffet to check certain Pokemon, such as investing in Defense for Blaziken and Ho-Oh or investing in Special Defense for Xerneas and Kyogre.

Usage Tips
========

To increase Wobbuffet's success, it is recommended to seek out targets you wish to revenge kill, primarily to prevent mixed attackers from playing around with Counter and Mirror Coat or possibly
to also prevent Choice Band and Choice Specs users from defeating Wobbuffet. When this is done, Choice Scarf users can be spotted as potential targets for Wobbuffet. If the opponent switches frequently, try to capitalize on this and bring in Wobbuffet on a predicted switch to trap the foe. Because Wobbuffet is specialized for its targets, using Encore on setup sweepers is recommended so that they either are locked into a boosting move or deal pitiful damage to your team. However, Encore should be used with caution against possible Spikes users, as the continuous layers being added can cause great consequences to a team's longevity, even with Defog users. As mentioned before, refrain from taking on Choice Band and Choice Specs users, in addition to sweepers that have already set up, as Wobbuffet has no recovery outside of Leftovers and cannot take powerful attacks at all.

Team Options
========

The only reason to use Wobbuffet is to support sweepers by trapping and removing their counters. Luckily, there are several sweepers that benefit from Wobbuffet's ability to trap, remove, or
create setup opportunities. This includes Dragon Dance Rayquaza, Mega Mewtwo X, and Swords Dance Blaziken, which all find it difficult to gain boosts to sweep on their own. Sweepers such as Mewtwo and Darkrai are also good teammates, as their high base Speed leaves them prone to being revenge killed by Choice Scarf users, which Wobbuffet can dispatch. Volt Switch and U-turn users such as Scizor and Thundurus can allow Wobbuffet to enter the battlefield without harm and ease switch predictions for Wobbuffet to trap its specified target. Although Wobbuffet is much more suited for hyper offensive teams, clerics such as Xerneas, Sylveon, and Blissey can help Wobbuffet with status conditions and overall longevity to allow it to fulfill its role on balanced teams. A very powerful core Wobbuffet can form is with Blaziken and Hidden Power Fire Geomancy Xerneas, as Wobbuffet can create multiple setup opportunities for both by locking the opponent into a resisted move with Encore or removing their usual checks and counters such as Giratina or Klefki.

Other Options
########

Wobbuffet has a very shallow movepool, therefore limiting its options. Wobbuffet can utilize Charm to weaken physical attackers and allow free setup opportunities when combined with Encore. However, this leaves Wobbuffet open to attacks, and Encore has wider utility. Tickle has the same objective as Charm and would replace Safeguard, but the Attack and Defense drops can be used in tandem with a Pursuit user. This strategy is gimmicky, and as mentioned before, Encore can hit more targets than Tickle does. In terms of items, Mental Herb can be used to protect Wobbuffet from Taunt and then let it do something for an extra turn. The primary problems are that Mental Herb can only be used once, Wobbuffet loses Leftovers, and Wobbuffet can only retaliate against a select few Taunt users. Focus Sash is extremely useful when dealing with powerful Pokemon that can OHKO Wobbuffet, which allows Wobbuffet to KO attackers that it could not with Leftovers. The downsides of Focus Sash are, of course, the lack of passive recovery and an increase in the amount of entry hazard control required to maintain Wobbuffet's Focus Sash.

Checks and Counters
########

**Ghost-types**: Not only can Ghost-types such as Mega Gengar, Giratina-O, and Ghost Arceus hit Wobbuffet for super effective damage, but they can also ignore Counter and most
importantly, ignore Shadow Tag, making Wobbuffet ineffective against them.

**U-turn / Volt Switch**: Similar to Ghost-types, Volt Switch users such as Thundurus and Zekrom as well as U-turn users such as Scizor and Genesect can ignore Shadow Tag's mechanics and switch into a Pokemon that can KO Wobbuffet if needed.

**Taunt**: Most Taunt users in the tier, including Mega Gengar, Mewtwo, and Thundurus, prevent Wobbuffet from using Encore and locking them into a move. However, Wobbuffet can still damage them with Mirror Coat or Counter.

**Pursuit
Users**: Although rare, Pursuit users such as Tyranitar, Aegislash, and Scizor can come in and revenge kill Wobbuffet after it has claimed a victim. Wobbuffet can predict the Pursuit by staying in and retaliating with Counter, but this is a risky situation since most Pursuit users can hit Wobbuffet for other super effective damage too.

**Phazing
Moves**: This situation is uncommon due to the fact that Encore stops Whirlwind and Roar, but Dragon Tail users such as Giratina-O, Groudon, and Palkia can take advantage of being Encored and phaze Wobbuffet out. Afterwards, the opponent can switch as they see fit until Wobbuffet returns again.

**Shed Shell**: Shed Shell users such as Blissey can also ignore Shadow Tag and therefore switch out with impunity. However, Pokemon that use Shed Shell are rare, making this situation very uncommon.

Overview
########

While the Ubers metagame is shifting more and more towards offense, Wobbuffet still stands ready to take it on. It luckily has access to just the right, albeit few, moves in order to fulfill its niche as a Shadow Tag user.[changed, to .] with Counter and Mirror Coat to trap and defeat powerful attackers, Choice Scarf users, and a rising threat in Mewtwo, or and Encore and Safeguard to give sweepers opportunities to set up. Wobbuffet will also not fall so easily, as its immense HP stat allows it to survive relatively powerful attacks and retaliate with full force, and the lack of weather-boosted attacks makes Wobbuffet's job easier. However, although Wobbuffet provides a large amount of utility to offensive teams, it is not without its drawbacks. Despite its excellent bulk, Wobbuffet's Psychic typing doesn't have enough useful resistances to support it and leaves it vulnerable to Ghost- and Dark-types, which are currently rising in popularity. Also, as one would imagine, the type of movepool Wobbuffet has is extremely reliant on prediction, something that doesn't help it against non-Choice locked Pokemon and leaves it vulnerable to Taunt users such as Yveltal and Thundurus. Wobbuffet also faces competition from other Shadow Tag users such as Gothitelle and Mega Gengar. However, unlike Mega Gengar and Gothitelle, Wobbuffet can do something that both Mega Gengar and Gothitelle cannot: trap and defeat Choice Scarf users. Despite its flaws, Wobbuffet remains an excellent team member on offensive teams, so expect it to disrupt teams and pave the way for a clean sweep if played correctly.

Oh No, It's Wobbuffet!
########

Moves
========

Wobbuffet's overall movepool is sparse yet simple, making each moveslot option integral to how it functions. Counter and Mirror Coat are obvious staples, as Wobbuffet would not be able to trap and defeat Choice Scarf users without them. Encore can lock the opponent into a useless move, allowing a sweeper to come in and set up
on it without fear of repercussion. Safeguard is very useful as well, as Wobbuffet can lock an opponent into a status move and then render it ineffective, allowing free setup opportunities for sweepers. Destiny Bond can be used over Safeguard to ease prediction against offensive Pokemon, but Wobbuffet loses the ability to help its team set up on status moves and will often have to take a hit before using Destiny Bond due to its horrendous Speed.

Set Details
========

The given EV spread allows Wobbuffet to avoid being 2HKOed by Modest Kyogre's Water Spout while also
providing gaining more Leftovers recovery with the 28 EVs invested into HP. This also allows Wobbuffet to take special attacks better. The EVs can be tweaked for Wobbuffet to check certain Pokemon, such as investing in Defense for Blaziken and Ho-Oh when investing in Defense or investing in Special Defense for Xerneas and Kyogre when investing in Special Defense.

Usage Tips
========

To increase Wobbuffet's success, it is recommended to seek out targets you wish to revenge kill, primarily to prevent mixed attackers from playing around with Counter and Mirror Coat or possibly
to also prevent Choice Band and Choice Specs users from defeating Wobbuffet. When this is done, Choice Scarf users can be spotted as potential targets for Wobbuffet. If the opponent switches frequently, try to capitalize on this and bring in Wobbuffet on a predicted switch to trap the foe. Because Wobbuffet is specialized for its targets, using Encore on setup sweepers is recommended so that they either are get locked into a boosting move or deal pitiful damage to your team. However, Encore should be used with caution against possible Spikes users, as the continuous layers being added can cause great consequences to a team's longevity, [comma] even with Defog users. As mentioned before, refrain from taking on Choice Band and Choice Specs users, in addition to sweepers that have already set up, as Wobbuffet has no recovery outside of Leftovers and cannot take powerful attacks at all.

Team Options
========

The only reason to use Wobbuffet is to support sweepers by trapping and removing their counters. Luckily, there are several sweepers that benefit from Wobbuffet's ability to trap, remove, or
get create setup opportunities from certain Pokemon. This includes but is not limited to Dragon Dance Rayquaza, Mega Mewtwo X, and Swords Dance Blaziken, which all find it difficult to gain boosts to sweep on their own. Sweepers such as Mewtwo and Darkrai are also good teammates, as their high base Speed leaves them prone to being revenge killed by Choice Scarf users, which Wobbuffet can dispatch. Volt Switch and U-turn users such as Scizor and Thundurus can allow Wobbuffet to enter the battlefield without harm and ease switch predictions for Wobbuffet to trap its specified target. Although Wobbuffet is much more suited for hyper offensive teams, clerics on balanced teams such as Xerneas, Sylveon, and Blissey can help Wobbuffet with status conditions and overall longevity to allow it to fulfill its role on balanced teams. A very powerful core Wobbuffet can form is with Blaziken and Hidden Power Fire Geomancy Xerneas, as Wobbuffet can create multiple setup opportunities for both by locking the opponent into a resisted move with Encore or removing their usual checks and counters such as Giratina or Klefki.

Other Options
########

Wobbuffet has a very shallow movepool, therefore limiting its options. Wobbuffet can utilize Charm to weaken physical attackers and allow free setup opportunities when combined with Encore. However, this leaves Wobbuffet open to attacks, and Encore has wider utility. Tickle has the same objective as Charm and would replace Safeguard, but the Attack and Defense drops can be used in tandem with a Pursuit user. This strategy is gimmicky, and as mentioned before, Encore can hit more targets than Tickle does. In terms of items, Mental Herb can be used to protect Wobbuffet from Taunt and then let it do something for an extra turn. The primary problems are that Mental Herb can only be used once, Wobbuffet loses Leftovers, and Wobbuffet can only retaliate against a select few Taunt users. Focus Sash is extremely useful when dealing with powerful Pokemon that can OHKO Wobbuffet, which allows Wobbuffet to KO attackers that it could not with Leftovers. The downsides of Focus Sash are, of course, the lack of passive recovery and an increase in the amount of entry hazard control required to maintain Wobbuffet's Focus Sash.

Checks and Counters
########

**Ghost-types**: Not only can Ghost-types such as Mega Gengar, Giratina-O, and Ghost Arceus hit Wobbuffet for super effective damage, but they can also ignore Counter and most

**U-turn / Volt Switch**: Similar to Ghost-types, Volt Switch users such as Thundurus and Zekrom as well as U-turn users such as Scizor and Genesect can ignore Shadow Tag's mechanics and switch into a Pokemon that can KO Wobbuffet if needed.

**Taunt**: Most Taunt users in the tier, including Mega Gengar, Mewtwo, and Thundurus, prevent Wobbuffet from using Encore and locking them into a move
that can turn them into setup fodder. However, Wobbuffet can still damage them with Mirror Coat or Counter.

**Pursuit
Users**: Although rare, Pursuit users such as Tyranitar, Aegislash, and Scizor can come in and revenge kill Wobbuffet after it has claimed a victim. Wobbuffet can predict the Pursuit by staying in and retaliating with Counter, but this is a risky situation since most Pursuit users can hit Wobbuffet for other super effective damage too.

**Phazing
Moves**: This situation is uncommon due to the fact that Encore stops Whirlwind and Roar, but Dragon Tail users such as Giratina-O, Groudon, and Palkia can take advantage of being Encored and phaze Wobbuffet out. Afterwards, the opponent can switch as they see fit until Wobbuffet returns again.

**Shed Shell**: Shed Shell users such as Blissey can also ignore Shadow Tag and therefore switch out with impunity. However, Pokemon that use Shed Shell are rare, making this situation very uncommon.

Guys you should mention that screens are great as it allows Wobbuffet to take powerful hits much better and wreak more havoc, Klefki and Deoxys-S make great teammates.

Guys you should mention that screens are great as it allows Wobbuffet to take powerful hits much better and wreak more havoc, Klefki and Deoxys-S make great teammates.
Since Klefki doesn't run screens there is no need to mention it as a partner. Deo-S is valid, however.

I'm working on top of Calm Pokemaster's GP because this hasn't been updated in almost 2 months. To avoid confusion, I will also include a copy/paste version that implements all GP checks to this point.

GP 2/2

Additions and changes [punctuation]
Deletions [punctuation]
[Comments]
Overview
########

While the Ubers metagame is shifting more and more towards offense, Wobbuffet still stands ready to take it on. It luckily has access to just the right, albeit few, moves in order to fulfill its niche as a Shadow Tag user. Counter and Mirror Coat trap and defeat powerful attackers, Choice Scarf users, and Mewtwo,
and Encore and Safeguard give sweepers opportunities to set up. Wobbuffet will also not fall easily, as its immense HP stat allows it to survive relatively powerful attacks and retaliate with full force, and the lack of weather-boosted attacks makes Wobbuffet's job easier. However, although Wobbuffet provides a large amount of utility to offensive teams, it is not without its drawbacks. Despite its excellent bulk, Wobbuffet's Psychic typing doesn't have enough useful resistances to support it and leaves it vulnerable to Ghost- and Dark-types, which are currently rising in popularity. Also, as one would imagine, the type of movepool Wobbuffet has is extremely reliant on prediction, something that doesn't help it against non-Choice locked Pokemon and leaves it vulnerable to Taunt users such as Yveltal and Thundurus. Wobbuffet also faces competition from other Shadow Tag users such as Gothitelle and Mega Gengar. However, unlike Mega Gengar and Gothitelle, Wobbuffet can trap and defeat Choice Scarf users. Despite its flaws, Wobbuffet remains an excellent team member on offensive teams, so expect it to disrupt teams and pave the way for a clean sweep if played correctly.

Oh No, It's Wobbuffet!
########

Moves
========

Wobbuffet's overall movepool is sparse yet simple, making each moveslot option integral to how it functions. Counter and Mirror Coat are obvious staples, as Wobbuffet would not be able to trap and defeat Choice Scarf users without them. Encore can lock the opponent into a useless move, allowing a sweeper to come in and set up without
fear of repercussion. Safeguard is very useful as well, as Wobbuffet can lock an opponent into a status move and then render it ineffective, allowing free setup opportunities for sweepers. Destiny Bond can be used over Safeguard to ease prediction against offensive Pokemon, but Wobbuffet loses the ability to help its team set up on status moves and will often have to take a hit before using Destiny Bond due to its horrendous Speed.

Set Details
========

providing more Leftovers recovery with the 28 EVs invested into HP. This also allows Wobbuffet to take special attacks better. The EVs can be tweaked for Wobbuffet to check certain Pokemon, such as investing in Defense for Blaziken and Ho-Oh or investing in Special Defense for Xerneas and Kyogre.

Usage Tips
========

to also prevent Choice Band and Choice Specs users from defeating Wobbuffet. When this is done, Choice Scarf users can be spotted as potential targets for Wobbuffet. If the opponent switches frequently, try to capitalize on this and bring in Wobbuffet on a predicted switch to trap the foe. Because Wobbuffet is specialized for its targets, using Encore on setup sweepers is recommended so that they either are locked into a boosting move or deal pitiful damage to your team. However, Encore should be used with caution against possible Spikes users, as the continuous layers being added can cause great consequences to a team's longevity, even with Defog users. As mentioned before, refrain from taking on Choice Band and Choice Specs users, in addition to sweepers that have already set up, as Wobbuffet has no recovery outside of Leftovers and cannot take powerful attacks at all.

Team Options
========

create setup opportunities. This includes Dragon Dance Rayquaza, Mega Mewtwo X, and Swords Dance Blaziken, which all find it difficult to gain boosts to sweep on their own. Sweepers such as Mewtwo and Darkrai are also good teammates, as their high base Speed leaves them prone to being revenge killed by Choice Scarf users, which Wobbuffet can dispatch. Volt Switch and U-turn users such as Scizor and Thundurus can allow Wobbuffet to enter the battlefield without harm and ease switch predictions for Wobbuffet to trap its specified target. Although Wobbuffet is much more suited for hyper offensive teams, clerics such as Xerneas, Sylveon, and Blissey can help Wobbuffet with status conditions and overall longevity to allow it to fulfill its role on balanced teams. A very powerful core Wobbuffet can form is with Blaziken and Hidden Power Fire Geomancy Xerneas, as Wobbuffet can create multiple setup opportunities for both by locking the opponent into a resisted move with Encore or removing their usual checks and counters such as Giratina or Klefki.

Other Options
########

Checks and Counters
########

**Taunt**: Most Taunt users in the tier, including Mega Gengar, Mewtwo, and Thundurus, prevent Wobbuffet from using Encore and locking them into a move. However, Wobbuffet can still damage them with Mirror Coat or Counter.

**Pursuit

**Phazing

Overview
########

While the Ubers metagame is shifting more and more towards offense, Wobbuffet still stands ready to take it on. It luckily has access to just the right, albeit few, moves in order to fulfill its niche as a Shadow Tag user.[changed, to .] with Counter and Mirror Coat to trap and defeat powerful attackers, Choice Scarf users, and a rising threat in Mewtwo, or and Encore and Safeguard to give sweepers opportunities to set up. Wobbuffet will also not fall so easily, as its immense HP stat allows it to survive relatively powerful attacks and retaliate with full force, and the lack of weather-boosted attacks makes Wobbuffet's job easier. However, although Wobbuffet provides a large amount of utility to offensive teams, it is not without its drawbacks. Despite its excellent bulk, Wobbuffet's Psychic typing doesn't have enough useful resistances to support it and leaves it vulnerable to Ghost- and Dark-types, which are currently rising in popularity. Also, as one would imagine, the type of movepool Wobbuffet has is extremely reliant on prediction, something that doesn't help it against non-Choice locked Pokemon and leaves it vulnerable to Taunt users such as Yveltal and Thundurus. Wobbuffet also faces competition from other Shadow Tag users such as Gothitelle and Mega Gengar. However, unlike Mega Gengar and Gothitelle, Wobbuffet can do something that both Mega Gengar and Gothitelle cannot: trap and defeat Choice Scarf users. Despite its flaws, Wobbuffet remains an excellent team member on offensive teams, so expect it to disrupt teams and pave the way for a clean sweep if played correctly.

Oh No, It's Wobbuffet!
########

Moves
========

Wobbuffet's overall movepool is sparse yet simple, making each moveslot option integral to how it functions. Counter and Mirror Coat are obvious staples, as Wobbuffet would not be able to trap and defeat Choice Scarf users without them. Encore can lock the opponent into a useless move, allowing a sweeper to come in and set up
on it without fear of repercussion. Safeguard is very useful as well, as Wobbuffet can lock an opponent into a status move and then render it ineffective, allowing free setup opportunities for sweepers. Destiny Bond can be used over Safeguard to ease prediction against offensive Pokemon, but Wobbuffet loses the ability to help its team set up on status moves and will often have to take a hit before using Destiny Bond due to its horrendous Speed.

Set Details
========

providing gaining more Leftovers recovery with the 28 EVs invested into HP. This also allows Wobbuffet to take special attacks better. The EVs can be tweaked for Wobbuffet to check certain Pokemon, such as investing in Defense for Blaziken and Ho-Oh when investing in Defense or investing in Special Defense for Xerneas and Kyogre when investing in Special Defense.

Usage Tips
========

to also prevent Choice Band and Choice Specs users from defeating Wobbuffet. When this is done, Choice Scarf users can be spotted as potential targets for Wobbuffet. If the opponent switches frequently, try to capitalize on this and bring in Wobbuffet on a predicted switch to trap the foe. Because Wobbuffet is specialized for its targets, using Encore on setup sweepers is recommended so that they either are get locked into a boosting move or deal pitiful damage to your team. However, Encore should be used with caution against possible Spikes users, as the continuous layers being added can cause great consequences to a team's longevity, [comma] even with Defog users. As mentioned before, refrain from taking on Choice Band and Choice Specs users, in addition to sweepers that have already set up, as Wobbuffet has no recovery outside of Leftovers and cannot take powerful attacks at all.

Team Options
========

get create setup opportunities from certain Pokemon. This includes but is not limited to Dragon Dance Rayquaza, Mega Mewtwo X, and Swords Dance Blaziken, which all find it difficult to gain boosts to sweep on their own. Sweepers such as Mewtwo and Darkrai are also good teammates, as their high base Speed leaves them prone to being revenge killed by Choice Scarf users, which Wobbuffet can dispatch. Volt Switch and U-turn users such as Scizor and Thundurus can allow Wobbuffet to enter the battlefield without harm and ease switch predictions for Wobbuffet to trap its specified target. Although Wobbuffet is much more suited for hyper offensive teams, clerics on balanced teams such as Xerneas, Sylveon, and Blissey can help Wobbuffet with status conditions and overall longevity to allow it to fulfill its role on balanced teams. A very powerful core Wobbuffet can form is with Blaziken and Hidden Power Fire Geomancy Xerneas, as Wobbuffet can create multiple setup opportunities for both by locking the opponent into a resisted move with Encore or removing their usual checks and counters such as Giratina or Klefki.

Other Options
########

Checks and Counters
########

**Taunt**: Most Taunt users in the tier, including Mega Gengar, Mewtwo, and Thundurus, prevent Wobbuffet from using Encore and locking them into a move
that can turn them into setup fodder. However, Wobbuffet can still damage them with Mirror Coat or Counter.

**Pursuit

**Phazing

Implemented both checks. This is now done!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)