Big Lord of the Rings Mafia - Game Over! Forces of Sauron Win!

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
askaninjask Do you think you could rank your lynch targets in terms of likeliest to be scum, I don't really like the fact that you seem fine with any of the 3. I'm guessing Acklow is #1 due to your current vote though...
I want to contribute to discussion without taking pressure away from people who have been acting scummy. Why don't you like this? I don't really have a list, but I suppose I would put AG at #2 and LN at a close #3 until I see some more posts from both of them.

I would not be surprised if ALL THREE of them were mafia. Barring a future post from one of them that changes my mind, I would support a lynch on one of them today, which is what I was trying to say in my previous post.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Unvote, Vote LonelyNess

Flat out admitting you're voting in self defense to lynch someone you don't think is mafia is pretty fucking scummy. And the reason people are calling the questions you raised of LW scummy is because of how much you felt like you were pulling at straws, trying to find any rationale that he would be scummy, when the logic didn't hold up.
I am a villager. This I know 100%. I do not know that Acklow is a villager. If I am potentially going to be lynched, I am going to vote for the person who is potentially not a villager before I allow myself to be mislynched.

You may think the logic doesn't hold up, but in the end it's a subjective problem. I believe that the mafia knew who RODAN was, that's why he was murdered. I do not believe that they randomly inspected him n0. If I was mafia and I knew who the bodyguard was, I personally would find more value in eliminating him entirely rather than attempting to control him, especially if I have no better target than to random someone. Lightwolf has simply said "I don't find value in that", but of course he would say that because he is defending himself. Neither of our ways with dealing with a known bodyguard is "right" per say, so there isn't a logic problem.

If I'm forced to publically claim, then I will, but I think this would be bad for the village, so I'm not going to until I have no other choice. seeing as how there is another choice (voting for Acklow), I will exhaust this resource before I have to publically claim.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
VOTE COUNT

Paperblade (0): Aura Guardian,
UllarWarlord (0): Imanalt
LightWolf (0): LonelyNess, zorbees
zorbees (1): Paperblade
LonelyNess (4): LightWolf, Acklow, Celever, Imanalt
Upside (0): askaninjask
Acklow (7): vonFiedler, billymills, Metal Sonic, Paperblade, UllarWarlord, LonelyNess, askaninjask
Metal Sonic (2): Flamestrike, Aura Guardian, UllarWarlord
Aura Guardian (1): zorbees

Deadline is at 8 PM EDT, aka 21 hours from now.

Edited because a_g does not like underscores

Last edited:

LightWolf

lightwoof
I'm against using the rohirrim at the moment mostly because of two points:

1. I'm unsure with current activity levels we could force the rohirrim to all vote, and end up as the majority essentially doing nothing but cutting down the mafia's list of targets by a lot(in the current situation people couldn't effectively set up fake rohirrim votes because we'd likely need every fucking one of them to actually get majority on the actual lynch)

2. I haven't been able to put plans into motion yet to consistently cover the tracks of power role voting(if pushed now we'd have a majority of power roles posing as Gondor, which increases the mafia's chances of hitting immensely, okay well more like it depends on the rohirrim votes and stuff, but I'd expect a 1.5* modifier at the moment regardless of the success of the kill+lynch)

I will look more into the way Acklow made his posts to see if the accusations are warranted, but first, back to you LN.

No I didn't just simply say it's not my style, every single argument you bought up against me I countered via proving that your arguments simply don't work, there is nothing subjective about plain unnecessary risks. Let me give you the closest possibly actual reasoning, where I'd potentially kill RODAN, that is actually possible in the current circumstances: RODAN is extremely pushy, got onto my sheet, knew Legolas and wanted both of them to protect an insanely powerful game deciding role that claimed to me and my mafia team has no physical way to block a bodyguard and kill the insanely powerful role instead forcing me to eliminate RODAN because Legolas was protecting him the night in question. See I can do so much better at coming up with a reasonable scenario where bystanders will go "Hmmm yeah that makes sense" than you AND EVEN THAT had to be a ridiculously unbalanced edge case where the mafia has literally no way to bypass a bodyguard even once to kill a role so powerful I can't control it or let it live, also the fact I let myself get pushed around by RODAN but eh that I guess isn't that farfetched.

If we want to simplify anyone's arguments, it'd be yours. They all go roughly like this: "I see BG, I kill BG". I provided countless number of cases in my track record proving that my thought process is neither that simple nor would I be the kind to take risks of that caliber early, anyone in my previous NOC games should know, anyone knowledgeable of the inner workings of the Oligarchy should also know how many times I parroted "We should have lynched aska" and "That doesn't seem like a villagey thing to do...". Regardless of my faction I mention every NOC game how there is no difference between mafia wolf and village wolf, simply because I play a ridiculously provillage mafia. You based so many arguments based on how RODAN may act like you know him like the backside of your hand, yet after providing what I may as well call proof about my mentality you ignore them, and relentlessly attack. If you were merely subjectively believing that RODAN must have claimed to a mafia to die, then you should at the time of admitting that realise that just doesn't work! Not everyone will think like you and even offhand I can come up with silly but more likely reasons for RODAN's death. Someone already mentioned it this day even, someone must really hate Firebot, were their words I believe, mafia having nothing better to do than eliminating the other half of the Firebot Paradox Bros is not as farfetched as me killing RODAN.

So let me summarise the points why I think you are mafia LN, so there is no more left up for debate as to why I'm accusing you: You completely rule out Ullar instantly as to being the perp with the mo because as a sus he got a pref al of being someone RODAN wouldn't claim to, which I'm sorry but it sounds like a complete excuse to SPECIFICALLY focus me down, which you did till called out on it, and proceeded to do the most obvious mafia move in NOC(one of the 50 top obvious moves) "btw this guy is idle LOOK AT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!". You also ignore everything I say that doesn't suit your argument or say it in a way that makes it look worse, say the whole simplifying what my arguments are. Your entire day has been devoted to the sole purpose of getting me condemned, and everything else an afternote. Even the whole accusing me thing, you constantly dismissed, downplaying your own intent of getting me lynched, which went completely against the whole shelf of new arguments you came up with, leading to some major flipflopping. There is also the whole you knowing RODAN like the backside of your hand basing your accusations on how he'd play like, yet when it comes to how I'd play like you project playstyles similar to your own completely ignoring all that I put down proving my own distinct mentality which seems to be a plain case of hypocrisy or laziness... Yeah this is more of questionable point, but I did basically hand out examples that most people recognise at this point, he'd only have to read my posts and not ignore these points to recognise them, which loops back into ignoring my points where it suits him thing.

Okay now I will look into Acklow, whew

honestly we would probably be better off guessing at who the mafia at this point there's probably 10+++ players who haven't talked and more who have made maybe 1 or 2 posts. i would rather just lynch based off who is usually mafia/RNG because otherwise we just fall into the trap of lynching those who try and talk, which, i would say are more likely to be village

just my 2c

Despite the logical problems with what Jalmont said (Namely, the problem is that mafia would want to follow the game, which I've heard some Rohirrim and Gondor are not b/c of their role, and that they can be found better by guessing among all player, rather than the talkers because of that attention), I think he has a point with the RNG/usual suspects thing.

However, after reading LW's post:
Unvote
Lynch LonelyNess

LightWolf

lightwoof
For Acklow, his early posts fall into the cares enough to seem active but not so big on actual content, kinda starwarsfan-y. Though I'm really most suspicious of his wording on the whole jalmont vs von thing, it's really an example of the above taken to an extreme and likely being a negative effect on the village should both of them be town. Not to mention he still went so tame there, not saying we lynch the other but that we keep a really close eye on the other. I'm sorry but it's obvious when some dies we check their relations within the thread saying it in a different order focusing all the suspicion on the other guy is hurtful.

I'm still more in favour of an LN lynch, but at this point wouldn't mind killing both if possible, but I just don't think we can pull of a majority and a rohirrim kill at this point of time...

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Eh you are overrating it's usefulness, but whatever. Unless someone counterclaims the Faramir LN is sadly out of question and an idiot in general.
Um, I don't recall saying what my role was, so how exactly do you know how useful it is? Did you inspect me and still pursue a lynch on me despite me coming up villager?

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Didn't I say this would happen? LN and LW argue all day and then in the end pursue other people. Something about this thing seems kinda staged to me. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but it just feels that way to me.

Nothing about it feels staged Ditto

I'd advise no-one to lynch LN, for obvious reasons

I'll be away for the next 3 days and WC is coming up soon so this will be my last post for a while

Lynch Ditto

If anything it seems like you're manipulating the scenario to make it look like "If LN is mafia, LW is also, etc" more than anyone else

ta ta for now!

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here are the facts

[1] LightWolf and LonelyNess have been having a heated argument all day about whether to lynch one or the other.
[2] I made a post saying that by the end of the day neither of them would be voting for each other.
[3] Neither of them even commented or acknowledged my post (way to hurt my feelings, guys).
[4] They have both moved on to a different lynch target while still not resolving any of their own arguments really.

I'm not saying if LN is maf, then so is LW. All I'm saying is that it is a possibility. I actually trust LW to be honest, but my paranoid nature and refusal to underestimate veteran players like LN and LW is just not going to stop me from questioning. I guess Acklow is the good lynch target right now, and I wouldn't suggest lynching either LW or LN at the moment. Just pay attention to their interactions going forward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)