Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't "need" a MEvo. It just says he goes flying around on Hoenn teaching people about secret bases and fighting with his "special" Flygon.
It can be shiny...

btw

The exact same sort of image was posted prior to XY release. That is 100% fake and therefore discussion of it shouldn't occur in this topic.

I know that we are not supposed to use this thing as info, but did you notice almost all Hoenn Pokémon from there got a Mega Evo?

I know that we are not supposed to use this thing as info, but did you notice almost all Hoenn Pokémon from there got a Mega Evo?
Let's face it, those were all very obvious choices.
The starters and pseudos are obvious enough on their own and I don't feel the need to explain that, Mega Mawile was already confirmed by the time that was made and thus a Mega Sableye seemed obvious. The rest are all either popular Pokémon or Pokémon that people want to get Megas.
The poster's smart in it's forgery - it's playing it safe.

Please fuck no please fuck no please fuck no I want Trap Arena Mega-Flygon.
You do realize that Aarune not having a Mega Flygon doesn't necessarily mean Flygon won't get a Mega, right?
Like... Bismark or whatever the steel E4's called had a Scizor, I didn't see that mega evolving.
Regardless, let me shut down the 'shiny flygon' idea right now, because they did show a promotional picture of the secret bases, which included Aarune with a non-shiny Flygon.
Edit: Wikstrom. I meant Wikstrom as the E4 Steel. How the fuck did I mess up his name that bad

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I think somebody found the Japanese characters that correspond with that ability. Darn, this would all be easy if we had someone who's from Japan
At times I really, really wonder why Smogon is so devoid of Japanese. Pokémon is big in Japan, English is a world language, and we're pretty much the biggest competitive Pokémon site out there (or at least, among 150 million Japanese, there would have to be somebody who are a big enough fan to frequent the English-language Pokémon sites, of which Smogon is a major hub). But alas, it seems we have way more active Swedish members than active Japanese.

Edit: Wikstrom. I meant Wikstrom as the E4 Steel. How the fuck did I mess up his name that bad
At least you didn't randomly insert an L in his name, like so many others do all the time.

At times I really, really wonder why Smogon is so devoid of Japanese. Pokémon is big in Japan, English is a world language, and we're pretty much the biggest competitive Pokémon site out there (or at least, among 150 million Japanese, there would have to be somebody who are a big enough fan to frequent the English-language Pokémon sites, of which Smogon is a major hub). But alas, it seems we have way more active Swedish members than active Japanese.
I think it's more because Doubles is the most common competitive format in Japan.

Here's the least blurry instance of Mega Metgross's Japanese text I found.... you can really only make out it's name accross the top メガメタグロス (megametagurosu). However the image that's circulating does have it's Japanese right ツメ (tsume) means claws and かたい(katai) means hard. If someone finds a less blurry image we can prove how legit this is, but Tough Claws seems very believable since (like Maic Bounce) GF seems to like throwing it on every 4th Mega they pop out.

Here's the least blurry instance of Mega Metgross's Japanese text I found.... you can really only make out it's name accross the top メガメタグロス (megametagurosu). However the image that's circulating does have it's Japanese right ツメ (tsume) means claws and かたい(katai) means hard. If some one finds a less blurry image we can prove hoe legit this is, but Tough Claws seems very believable since (like Maic Bounce) GF seems to like throwing it on every 4th Mega they pop out.
"Katai" also means "Tough", so yes, "Katai Tsume" means "Tough Claws". I really can't see it being anything else at this point; I had my doubts at first since it was already on two megas but then HI MAGIC BOUNCE MEGA DIANCIE. So yeah, this is pretty much all but confirmed as Tough Claws.

Actually upon a closer look I think we can make a little more out of this. You can't see most of the character's clearly but you can see the spaces. This block of text is formatted exactly as if it were giving a list of attributes like
Classification:
Height:
Weight:
Type:
Ability:
etc.
And in fact, if you look at the left word on the second line.. it's blurry but I think you can make it out to be タイプ which is Japanese for "type". So if nothing else this particular block of text is almost certainly where Mega Metagross's ability would be listed, if it is.

Last edited:

At least you didn't randomly insert an L in his name, like so many others do all the time.
Pretty much everyone but the US plays doubles, and Japan is no exception.
Nobody cares much for 6v6 singles or Smogon outside the US sadly.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!

That's because the Japanese education system never emphasized English in any sense.
Even high school graduates can only speak very basic English.

Most Smogonites who know Japanese either learnt it as a foreign language (myself included), or are immigrants/ American born Japanese, etc.

Plus, Japanese are very patriotic to their own language, and rather communicate on Japanese forums.
Actually most Asians are like that. That's why despite Hong Kong people are relatively good at English, they still seldom appear on English forums.

People from the East also differ a lot in the way of thinking, perception, taste, and much more.You just rarely ever see them on English forums because it's difficult to agree to anyone.
I can say for sure, more Japanese people wanted Mega Jynx than Mega Altaria or Flygon!

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Because Smogon is English-based and tbh they don't give a shit about Western fan-made tiers (i.e. OU) or simulators judging from the significantly higher average level of skill of JPN players on Battle Spot than Western players. It's more of a travesty that they get shit VGC support.

I have some random thing to say but I was wondering why are Nintendo putting so much focus on Diancie? Diancie just came out in 6th Gen and isn't even available to all. Then, they make a movie with Diancie as a main Pokemon. To top it all off, Diancie is given a Mega Evolution. This would make Diancie the first 6th Gen Pokemon to get a Mega Evolution and in my opinion, Hoopa and Volcanion should be getting their own Mega Evolutions because if they don't, Mega Diancie just seems out of place.

I have some random thing to say but I was wondering why are Nintendo putting so much focus on Diancie? Diancie just came out in 6th Gen and isn't even available to all. Then, they make a movie with Diancie as a main Pokemon. To top it all off, Diancie is given a Mega Evolution. This would make Diancie the first 6th Gen Pokemon to get a Mega Evolution and in my opinion, Hoopa and Volcanion should be getting their own Mega Evolutions because if they don't, Mega Diancie just seems out of place.
The exact same question could be asked of why Darkrai got so much focus, why Keldeo did, why Mew, Celebi, Deoxys etc. all did. It's the first event Pokémon of this generation and as a 'new' Pokémon, they advertise the heck out of it. Mega Evolution is their new gimmick and it makes sense to give it to their 'new' Pokémon.

The exact same question could be asked of why Darkrai got so much focus, why Keldeo did, why Mew, Celebi, Deoxys etc. all did. It's the first event Pokémon of this generation and as a 'new' Pokémon, they advertise the heck out of it. Mega Evolution is their new gimmick and it makes sense to give it to their 'new' Pokémon.
Well in that case, be prepared for Mega Mega Carbink.

Wha?

Victini was the first event Pokémon of Gen 5, not Keldeo. Likewise, Jirachi was the first event Pokémon of Gen 3, not Dexoys. And other than the fact that the first revealed event Pokémon is around for longer in its debut generation, how exactly do the first ones revealed each generation get more focus?

Wha?

Victini was the first event Pokémon of Gen 5, not Keldeo. Likewise, Jirachi was the first event Pokémon of Gen 3, not Dexoys. And other than the fact that the first revealed event Pokémon is around for longer in its debut generation, how exactly do the first ones revealed each generation get more focus?
Being the first one has nothing to do with it; it's simply that it's a new Pokémon and a legendary at that.

Hi, I'm from Scotland.

Now c'mon guys, back on topic.
That's why I said much for.
I never said absolutely nobody.
And I'm from South Korea and I go to Tokyo to visit my mom and her husband very often.
And I can tell you at least in South korea and Japan, it's all about doubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)