Smogon's Official World Cup Discussion (Congrats to Glaucius on winning Pick'em!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Predicted 3-0 Holland, was spot on (though there were dubious referee decisions).

Gonna predict 2-0 Argentina, perhaps AET

Going for Germany is boring

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
RIP brazil, I hope they realize how outdated their mindset is.

As for finals, I'm rooting for Argentina, Messi deserves a trophy more than the whole Germany...

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
^don't be a dick man...

may the best man win... both deserve it by the virtue of heritage and gritty work.

Bo3 Series Tie Breaker:

Match 1 (1986 OU) Offensive metagame
Argentina 3-2 Germany

Match 2 (1990 OU) Stall metagame
Argentina 0-1 Germany

Match 3 (2014 OU) ??? metagame
Argentina - Germany

Happy with either team winning just hope that it turns out to be a good game.

Just hope that it's nothing like 1990. Not result wise but that was probably the worst final I have ever watched.

Khedira received a calf injury in the warm up, has been replaced by Kramer.

Bad news for Germany, Khedira was fantastic against Brazil.

My 2-0 Argentina stands.

Man, fuck that. Höwedes should've been sent off and he almost ended up scoring. C'est la vie I guess.

It was an interesting first half overall, but I just wish it'd been a bit cleaner. There were too many fouls when you consider these two were the least fouling teams.

I'm reserving my thoughts of the teams as a whole for now.

Edit: Lol nice Neuer. Higuaín fouled him with his head against Neuer's knee, good job.

What a disgusting game, honestly. If it weren't a final it'd be completely unwatchable.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Germany for winning in the worst game of the World Cup. They were the best, but this game was just disgusting and I really think FIFA has to rethink applying the stoppage time; this game along with the last two finals are, imo testament that having to play so much in so little time after an entire european season (for most players at least) is a bit too much.

Although I guess they care more about the revenue than about the performances per se.

Edit: Also, you gotta hand it to the Argentinians. Who would've thought we'd see the revival of Creedence Clearwater in a World Cup? :P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)