Challenge Pokemon Platinum Monotype Challenge!

Being bored with Pokemon at the moment, I needed to find something to keep my busy. I was in the mood to play Platinum and then the monotype idea came to mind.

Rules:
If you would like to take part, you must reset your Platinum file and say what type you choose in this thread. You may use an emulated cart but NO POKEGEN/SAV/ETC. You fill up the team as you are able to. Since it is a playthrough, I understand you will need HM Slaves so you may use them, but to battle Gym Leaders/E4/Frontier, you must use the monotype team. If you do not have a full monotype team at the gym battles, you must use the monotype Pokemon BEFORE ALL OTHERS. I will be using the honor code so don't abuse that.

P.S. No transfers allowed from D/P

Once you have completed the challenge, take a picture or screenshot of your Hall of Fame. If it is matching with the type you have chosen, you will be added to the OP with your picture!

Just a little bit of input, not starting myself but may do in future - what do Fire monotypers do? There are only 5 Fire-types in the entire region. Would they be allowed to catch a duplicate of one of those 5, or are they forced to just have a team of 5?

Just a little bit of input, not starting myself but may do in future - what do Fire monotypers do? There are only 5 Fire-types in the entire region. Would they be allowed to catch a duplicate of one of those 5, or are they forced to just have a team of 5?
I believe all these are available: Ninetales, Arcanine, Rapidash, Infernape, Flareon, Magcargo, Camperupt, Magmortar. If an issue like that does occur, having a duplicate of one would make more sense.

I'll pick Rock because rocks are OP. Will I only be allowed to use other types until I reach Oreburgh Gate, or can I use them in non-boss battles after that?

I believe all these are available: Ninetales, Arcanine, Rapidash, Infernape, Flareon, Magcargo, Camperupt, Magmortar. If an issue like that does occur, having a duplicate of one would make more sense.
Infernape, Rapidash, Flareon, Magmortar and Houndoom are the only ones available. The others you've mentioned are either aftergame or require a dual slot.

I'll pick Rock because rocks are OP. Will I only be allowed to use other types until I reach Oreburgh Gate, or can I use them in non-boss battles after that?
You need to fill the team as you can. Therefore, if you are able to get another Rock-type, you must do so.

Infernape, Rapidash, Flareon, Magmortar and Houndoom are the only ones available. The others you've mentioned are either aftergame or require a dual slot.
Oh yes, I forgot about that. I guess you would just duplicate one because I do not want people to start getting Pokemon to cover their weakness.

Can I use multiple Shinx for Roark while not using all of the Shinx for the E4 and champion?
I find it somewhat dumb for you to have to use 6 Shinx's so just make sure you have at least one. That one must be used against the Gym Leader before any others can(I.E. Starter).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)