0-1 Vs King Tsunami
0-0 Vs HotNCold
0-0 Vs New Breed
0-0 Vs Atomicllamas
0-0 Vs SilentVerse
0-0 Vs Molk

I'm a scrub

Last edited:
The man guarding the pinnacle simply could not defeat one of the challengers, who rose to the occasion, surpassing this deadly gauntlet of players with innovative teams that dismantled the guardians. Between the innovation, determination, and the introduction of the Double01 parasite, Afro Smash could simply not be stopped, as he boldly took his revenge on Molk, crushing him and reaching the pinnacle of the mountain. Congratulations to Afro Smash on his conquest! His use of the master illusionist Zoroark proved too much for Molk to handle. However, Molk was not done yet, as he stomped FLCL using the power of the aforementioned illusionist, sending the multi-tier expert back to the pebbles with Double01. However, there was another challenger that could not be ignored. Fellow guardian Wepwn betrayed his brethren, slaying the mountain with only 1 loss, which somehow came to complete_legitimacy. Now, a challenger has arrived at the pinnacle of the mountain, as Wepwn looks to knock his friend Afro Smash back to the pebbles. Afro Smash has proved he is more than capable of defending his throne, though. The battle between these two warriors will occur some time shortly, giving Afro Smash ample time to set up his camp at the top of the mountain . Which of these PO players will become the king of the mountain, and which of them will be buried alive in the dirt, meeting the same fate as Double01? Will the Double01 parasite strike again? Who's Zoroark will be superior? The time to find out has arrived.

Time for another update!
Wepwn tried his hardest, bringing the "LEGENDALY DD LATIOS! EXTRASENSORY ZOROARK! OH SHIT SON! DID NOT SEE THAT SHIT COMING!" However, he was simply no match for Afro Smash, as the latter dismantled him 2-0 using the same team for both matches. The power of Zoroark was not to be underestimated, dealing devastating blows to Wepwn in both matches. Eelektross was also a star, however, as Wepwn simply could not match up to the electric eel. After his scintillating victory, Afro Smash showed no remorse. He first offered a handshake to Wepwn, telling him that it was a good series.
[18:10:29] <AfroSmash> ggs fren
However, this was all a ruse, as Afro Smash cold-heartedly punched Wepwn with all his might, knocking the latter off of the mountain and into the ground below, his face buried in the pebbles. As he struggled to get up, he heard a voice below him. Shocked, he tried to uncover what was making the sound. As it turns out, it was Double01, who's badly mutilated body had been buried alive after his 3 crushing defeats to complete_legitimacy. Wepwn wanted to get away as fast as possible, and began his trek back up the mountain to his post as the 3rd guardian. Meanwhile, Afro Smash stood tall, overlooking the plebeians below and laughing maniaclly. Can anyone overthrow the king of the mountain?

n r u doin rugged mountain bro i need pwn to lose more games
here for the express purpose of fiting the might wepwn in a game of strngth n skil. it has been a long n hard road since my defeat at his hands in rupl, but i have trained long n hard in the mountains, and since then i've actually played a few games in xy ru, n perhaps maybe this time when i say somethin like "i just have to make a super gimmicky team real quick", he'll actually take the hint and not bring a real team against my squad of, like, 50% sashmons and / or nu 'mons :[[[[[ now, that is in the past, and like the mighty kong wenge, i will come and skunk my rival, except not rlly b/c i don't know how to play anything besides offense tho i do, actually, i mean it, just as he did to the naive peco.

of course, as this is a battle of revenge n valor n stuff, i feel it only fair that i skip whatever fites i would have to do beforehand, b/c otherwise it just wouldn't sense !_!

0-0 Vs compleg
0-0 Vs steeleage17
0-0 Vs sluj
0-0 Vs bread
0-0 Vs who?
0-0 Vs sv
0-0 Vs molk

1-0 Vs Complete_Legitimacy
1-1 Vs King Tsunami
0-0 Vs Wepwn
0-0 Vs New Breed
0-0 Vs Atomicllamas
0-0 Vs SilentVerse
0-0 Vs Molk

Last edited:
1-2 Vs King Tsunami
0-1 Vs Wepwn
0-0 Vs New Breed
0-0 Vs Atomicllamas
0-0 Vs SilentVerse
0-0 Vs Molk

Attempt two
1-1 Vs King Tsunami
1-1 Vs Wepwn
0-0 Vs New Breed
0-0 Vs Atomicllamas
0-0 Vs SilentVerse
0-0 Vs Molk

Last edited:
The RUgged mountain is truly a terrifying place; it can be where dreams go to die. A couple of days ago, as some of you may remember, there was a challenger who had managed to come inches away from the pinnacle of the mountain; only Molk stood in his way. He was determined to prove he was a master of XY RU, and he seemed extremely close to his goal. One more win, and he would have a throne at the top of the mountain.

[14:22] <Double01> are u rdy afrosmash
[14:22] <Double01> for me to win
[14:22] <Double01> loll

However, just like that, his dreams were crushed. Molk decimated him, nearly 6-0ing the challenger in a rout that proved devastating for the challenger both physically and mentally. He was sent tumbling down the mountain, coming to a crashing halt when his face met the rough ground below him. However, he was still determined to climb the mountain, and was sure that no one would get in his way.

[14:37] <Double01> my teams
[14:37] <Double01> are godly
[14:37] <Double01> i just didnt know the tier
[14:37] <Double01> now that ik the tier
[14:37] <Double01> u guys
[14:37] <Double01> are legit fucked

However, the young challenger's cheap tactics were no longer effective, as the first guardian easily obliterated him 3 times in a row. Following this defeat, Double01 was buried alive. He soon decided to give the mountain one more try though, his wounded body begging him to stop but his mind still firmly believing that he could become the king of the mountain. Just like that, though, complete_legitimacy destroyed him one more time, devastating him permanently. And just when he thought he couldn't go any lower, he was devastated one more time, this time by the second guardian in a friendly game.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ru-15000
However, this loss to Grovyle and Pokemon that lay in the depths of NU finally crushed Double01's spirit, and he realized he could never become the best.

+double01: just my RU career
+double01: is over
+double01: rip

Let this be a warning to all who attempt to challenge this holy grail of competitive battling; the mountain can be deadly.

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
1-1 Vs Complete_Legitimacy
1-0 Vs Tsunami
0-2 Vs Wepwn
0-0 Vs HotNCold
0-0 Vs New Breed
0-0 Vs Atomicllamas
0-0 Vs SilentVerse
0-0 Vs Molk

try 2

1-0 Vs Tsunami
1-2 Vs Wepwn
0-0 Vs HotNCold
0-0 Vs New Breed
0-0 Vs Atomicllamas
0-0 Vs SilentVerse
0-0 Vs Molk

Last edited:

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
After a series of grueling defeats to myself, Double01 was more desperate than ever to prove that he could reach the top of the mountain and defeat Afro Smash for the title of King. However, after he somehow managed to get past myself and Shake, he was cruelly stopped by wepwn in his efforts. As usual, Double01 wanted to get his next challenge underway as soon as possible. However, it was almost not worth my time to even battle against this young lad, as it was just too easy and I was nearly assured of a victory, especially given that Double01 used the same team every single game which had a poor matchup against my own. But this is where things became interesting.

Double01 decided that he had to risk it all in order to achieve his ultimate goal of King of the Mountain, even though he already has AOps in #rarelyused and hardly ever identifies his nick anyway. So, in order to ensure that I would fight him again, he decided to lay his challenge on the line. After all, sometimes the greatest rewards require the greatest risks. So, even though I said that I would fight him later, Double01 wanted to fight me now. He then made the following proposition:

+double01: omg
+double01: lemme fight u
+double01: if i lose to u
+double01: i'll never play u
+double01: again
+double01: i promis

You could tell that he was serious about this, as he confirmed this in a PM with me:

[14:31] +double01: if i lose
[14:31] +double01: i never fight u again

It was a bold move, but how it would work out for him was yet to be seen. I accepted Double01's proposition, and I thought that this would be one of our closest battles ever, especially because Double01 apparently had a new team. You can see the replay of our exciting match here.

As you can see (or didn't see), Double01's new team could not defeat SD Virizion in any way, and he also sacced his only Yanmega counter early in the match.It was a complete annihilation, and the challenger did not even attempt to finish the match. The extreme ease caught me off guard a bit, but then again it's something that I honestly should've expected from Double01 all along. So, thus marks an end to Double01's RUgged Mountain challenge; may other challengers fare better than him.

1-1 Vs Complete_Legitimacy
0-1 Vs King Tsunami
0-0 Vs Wepwn
0-0 Vs New Breed
0-0 Vs Atomicllamas
0-0 Vs SilentVerse
0-0 Vs Molk

Shark > Yanmega

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
1-0 Vs King Tsunami
0-1 Vs Wepwn
0-0 Vs New Breed
0-0 Vs Atomicllamas
0-0 Vs SilentVerse
0-0 Vs Molk

EDIT 1: beat c_l something-0
EDIT 2: beat King Tsunami 3-0
EDIT 3: lost to Wepwn 4-0

Last edited:

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
1-0 Vs King Tsunami
1-1 Vs Wepwn
0-1 Vs New Breed
0-0 Vs Atomicllamas
0-0 Vs SilentVerse
0-0 Vs Molk

Last edited:
Attention:

If no one defeats Afro Smash by the end of Thursday at 11:59 GMT -5, he will win the mountain as it ends on Tuesday and it will be impossible for anyone to have served longer than him. However, if one reaches Molk or Afro Smash, that person will be allowed a one day extension to win the mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)