Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

So I realize I'm fixated on this but I think it's worth looking at cause the information is here! After looking around on Japanese sites too I found really crisp images of the left page of M-Metagross's Corocoro release but nothing clearer than what we've already got for the right page. However after looking at this blurry image longer I'm becoming REALLY sure that even though sites like serebii have most of M-Metagross's info listed as "???" that the information is already available form Corocro and is given right here in this text block.

If we make up this text block in Japanese assuming what some of the info is then the block and it's translation is:

メガメタグロス (Mega Metagross)
ぶんるい てつあしポケモン (Classification: Iron Leg Pokemon)
タイプ はがね/エスパー (Type: Steel / Psychic)
とくせい かたいツメ (Ability: Tough Claws (?))
たかさ #m (Height: some number of meters)
おもさ #kg (Weight: Some number of kilograms)

Now look back at the image. If you look closely at the first word in each line you can usually pick out at least one character that matches what we'd expect. Also the number of lines and the number of characters in each word before the space match. I'm 95% sure that this block listes the attributes:ぶんるい, タイプ, とくせい, たかさ, and おもさ in that order. If we look at the text on the right then most of the info we expect to see fits the blurry mold. I can clearly see the "てつ" next to "ぶんるい" that would indicate it's the Iron Leg Pokemon. I can VERY clearly see the "ー" at the end of エスパー for it's type. I can also make out that the first 3 characters of it's type are more condensed indicating that they are written in hiragana instead of katakana just how はがね(steel) is hiragana instead of エスパー (psychic) which is katakana

However... I really can't strongly say that the characters that come after とくせい (ability, the 3rd line) are かたいツメ (tough claws). I can't make them out clearly enough to be for sure... BUT I can say with good certainty that Mega Metagross's ability is 5 character's long in Japanese and かたいツメ fits that bill.

EDIT: no after looking at this more I'm pretty sure you can tell the 3rd character in the 5 characters that name the Japanese ability is "い" in fact is sort of looks like the last character is "メ" too.... maybe I've been looking at it too long? Does anyone agree with me or am I seeing things? I think you can make out かたいツメ

Last edited:
Quick question, how long does it usually take for us to get copies of clear scans?
I'd really love to see mega metagross's ability.

That's why I said much for.
I never said absolutely nobody.
And I'm from South Korea and I go to Tokyo to visit my mom and her husband very often.
And I can tell you at least in South korea and Japan, it's all about doubles.
I can confirm this, at least for South Korea.
6v6 singles or interest in it is almost non-existent here.
I wish it was otherwise since I truly believe 6v6 singles is far superior to every other meta in terms of fun factor and variety. I just don't see why doubles is so hyped up everywhere (I understand it's the Nintendo's meta but still).

Altaria should be Dragon/Fairy. It fits on the "Fairy" category, and it even learns Moonblast
Yeah, if dragon/fairy mega altaria or snow warning mega walrein come true, then I won't complain about any new megas. This is what I'm thinking:
Mega Altaria
Dragon/Fairy
Pixilate/Regenerator
HP:75
Attack:80 (+10)
Defense:110 (+20)
Special Attack: 110 (+40)
Special Defense: 125 (+20)
Speed: 90 (+10)

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Sorry, it's not confirmed 100% yet but this photo has been circulating for the past 2 days.

The image is fairly blurry and I'm pretty sure it originated on /vp/ but who knows. Many people credit it with being legit.
Weird, this seems to be the same picture in Serebii, but that one seemed bigger... Anyway. In that one, at least, I could see five characters in that third line, meaning the ability is a five-character word. The one that would best fit the blurry scan is Tough Claws, as this one picture shows.

Weird, this seems to be the same picture in Serebii, but that one seemed bigger... Anyway. In that one, at least, I could see five characters in that third line, meaning the ability is a five-character word. The one that would best fit the blurry scan is Tough Claws, as this one picture shows.
Nice catch. I would say Levitate is really the only other option for an ability and Levitate's Japanese name is ふゆう, which is only three characters. Then again, that line of text could be completely irrelevant.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Nice catch. I would say Levitate is really the only other option for an ability and Levitate's Japanese name is ふゆう, which is only three characters. Then again, that line of text could be completely irrelevant.
Yeah, I can see that happening:

Name: Mega Metagross
Classification: Iron Leg Pokémon
Type: Steel/Psychic
The designers say hi!
Height: ??? metres
Weight: ??? kilograms.

The designers say hi!
You. I like you.

Everything in mind, I wouldn't expect Levitate as Megagross' ability. Usually for Megas they try to go with an ability that would seem really impressive and threatening and fits the Pokémon's role--
Wait, wait, lightningrod Megatile. Forgot.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Maybe I am missing something, but I fail to see why people are still continuing to harp on Lightningrod Mega Sceptile. We've established that it makes sense flavor-wise, and it is far from bad from a competitive standpoint, especially when there are far worse abilities (even Mega Swampert's Swift Swim seems more niche than Lightningrod). Even if it doesn't rock the OU world, it does allow for some creative strategies in double battles (where Lightningrod redirects Electric attacks away from your ally).

You. I like you.

Everything in mind, I wouldn't expect Levitate as Megagross' ability. Usually for Megas they try to go with an ability that would seem really impressive and threatening and fits the Pokémon's role--
Wait, wait, lightningrod Megatile. Forgot.
Lightningrod has its merits. It makes Sceptile (mostly) immune to paralysis, as well as absorbing Volt Switch, killing some of your opponents momentum, while also boosting sp. atk. Not the best, but far from useless

Whenever people complain about abilities, I like to bring up the fact that Rotom-S has Levitate.
Don't forget limber stunfisk and the awe inspiring vitalspirit+insomnia delibird.
With diancie getting a mega, does anyone think any gen5/6 mons will get megas? Even if its just one or two? While there are several gen5 mons that appear to have been created for battle, a lot of them are mediocre/poor.

A bit late for the discussion, but Pokejungle seems adamant that Phoebe has an anklet of some sort hidden by the text (you can definitely see something not flesh-colored). And Sidney's ring is in plain sight. Not saying that E4 Megas are a thing, but its definitely a possibility (at the very least for rematches).

A bit late for the discussion, but Pokejungle seems adamant that Phoebe has an anklet of some sort hidden by the text (you can definitely see something not flesh-colored). And Sidney's ring is in plain sight. Not saying that E4 Megas are a thing, but its definitely a possibility (at the very least for rematches).
The rematch aspect itself is something I hope to see how they handle. While megas are the tip of the iceberg on what they could do, like just imagine some of the stuff they could unleash on ya then.

Still sad no more coro coro leaks for another month. guess wait on what ever snip comes next from serebii/other site

The rematch aspect itself is something I hope to see how they handle. While megas are the tip of the iceberg on what they could do, like just imagine some of the stuff they could unleash on ya then.

Still sad no more coro coro leaks for another month. guess wait on what ever snip comes next from serebii/other site
Next month's is gonna be a mega evolution scoop. I hope they talk more about Primal Kyogre/Groudon. Their new abilities, stats, and moves got me curious on how they will shape ubers. While people are speculating 3rd gen megas, I wouldn't mind seeing some 4-6 gen megas.

#megalopunny or riot.

Next month's is gonna be a mega evolution scoop. I hope they talk more about Primal Kyogre/Groudon. Their new abilities, stats, and moves got me curious on how they will shape ubers. While people are speculating 3rd gen megas, I wouldn't mind seeing some 4-6 gen megas.

#megalopunny or riot.
Yah but theoryzing can only do so much. eventually it just gets hopes up if ya do it to much and I would love to just wait and see at this point.

Hm. Going to be a bit disappointing if all the gym leaders have their RS teams instead of their E teams. Smaller teams with less variety (Flannery using 2 Slugma for some reason). Watson being paired with Magneton kinda hints at him having his RS team. Who knows what GameFreak will do though, they gave Phoebe Dusknoir instead of Dusclops, and changed Sidney's ace from Absol to Shiftry... They could be making some small changes to the leaders' and E4's teams. And if the Pokedex is expanded, gives them an opportunity to help out someone like Glacia.

Gym leader redesigns are pretty nice though. Just realized Watson's new jacket has clouds and thunderbolts on it. Still find it strange that they didn't include Tate & Liza though I could see why they chose not to reveal the 8th leader yet (but if Steven is confirmed champion, what else would Wallace be?).

In regards to the "mega evolution scoop", I'm expecting a compilation of all the new megas we've gotten and more information on Steven's role along with how mega stones/evolution tie in with Hoenn, yadda yadda. Maybe 1-3 more megas, too? I'd like to see some non-Gen3 megas.

Last edited:
Hm. Going to be a bit disappointing if all the gym leaders have their RS teams instead of their E teams. Smaller teams with less variety (Flannery using 2 Slugma for some reason). Watson being paired with Magneton kinda hints at him having his RS team. Who knows what GameFreak will do though, they gave Phoebe Dusknoir instead of Dusclops, and changed Sidney's ace from Absol to Shiftry... They could be making some small changes to the leaders' and E4's teams. And if the Pokedex is expanded, gives them an opportunity to help out someone like Glacia.
Well yeah they would have to touch up the e4 anyway

Gotta snip out one of their Pokemon to get 'em down to the new standard :V

The designers say hi!
derp. looking back, my comment makes no sense. i was running off of 2 hours of sleep. apologies.

Hm. Going to be a bit disappointing if all the gym leaders have their RS teams instead of their E teams.
I don't understand why you'd think the opposite. These games are RS remakes. We might expect elements of emerald that are more add-ons (such as the frontier) to appear, but if you are remaking a game, then unsurprisingly the basis will be the original game, instead of the original games "sequel".

The main contention to this is that quote about the Hoenn dex being different/ having more pokemon. I suspect either this means they are now going to include post-gen 3 evolutions (dusknoir for example), or they will increase the national dex to well, well above 200 specifically for the purposes of diversity. I suspect the former, although the recent (and as far as I can tell, well received) trend has been to have a huge national dex - certainly this was true in BW2, and X&Y. It will be interesting to see whether GF will prioritise staying true to the original games or having better diversity in-game. The main caveat here now being if they decide to significantly change the dex, it's more likely they'll want Gym Leaders, etc. to be closer to the original games. All the evidence so far points to ORAS being similar to HGSS, in that the game is very much a remake apart from independent things they can add which only improve the game (I can predict someone point out that HGSS had the Suicune/Eusine plot, but this is very much an add-on (more battles, more plot, slightly different Suicune availability) apart from a significant change to the game IMO).

Considering they are already adding MegaEvo, along with every other gen 6 feature, I suspect GF will be looking to keep things as close to RS as possible, rather than expanding away from it.

I don't understand why you'd think the opposite. These games are RS remakes. We might expect elements of emerald that are more add-ons (such as the frontier) to appear, but if you are remaking a game, then unsurprisingly the basis will be the original game, instead of the original games "sequel".
To be honest, I feel that the gym leaders will be revamped a fair amount instead of just having their RS teams. It's important to note that since BW2 (if I recall correctly), no gym leader or E4 member has had repeat Pokémon or Pokémon in the same evolutionary line. I doubt that this will be shifted back just for a remake. I would be incredibly surprised if Wattson didn't have a Manectric: sure, he was shown with a Magneton, but Sidney was shown with a Shiftry. They might have altered levels/main Pokémon or something.

Also, I don't think that HGSS is a good comparison. In HGSS they kept the encounters almost all the same, which we know won't be true if the Pokédex is significantly expanded as seems to be suggested.

Upon looking at the picture, I can actually see where it appears that Phoebe is wearing an anklet(hopefully Mega Ring). This brings me to think that since Steven signature Pokemon, Metagross, got a Mega Evolution, maybe the other signature Pokemon from the Elite 4 will as well. I can't remember exactly what they were but I'm pretty sure Sidney is Shiftry, Phoebe has already been confirmed to be Dusknoir, and Drake was Salamence. And if I remember correctly, Glacia was Walrein although I could definitely see it changing to something like Froslass this time around.

Mega Metagross confirmed to get Tough Claws. It's Speed increases greatly. Also Mega Diancie gets big boosts in Attack, Special Attack and Speed at the cost of some Defense and Special Defense. Well this got interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)