Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

On the topic of Ridley, I am not opposed to him. Though Sakurai has teased Ridley various times before, there is a lot more logical evidence to him not being playable. As I would rather not be the one to "start the fire" and talk about Ridley's chances, its best to google it. Krystal on the other hand originally had a lot of support, but I see that her fans have "died" in a way, as I don't see support for her very often at all anymore. The last note is that sure Monolith has retweeted Sakurai's tweets and nothing has come out of it, but don't you think they are retweeting him for a reason? I don't see why a company would retweet Sakurai without good reasoning.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've recently started playing Brawl again after like so long (around 2 years of not playing it lol) and I seemed to have forgotten how fucking awesome it was. It's incredible how quickly you get used to it and be like you used to be even after a long time of not playing it.

Anyway, now I'm all hyped up for Smash 4 and I might actually buy a WiiU when it comes out, as I originally planned to only buy the WiiU along with ZeldaU.

Seeing as I main Ike (and link kind of) I'd really want to see Chrom/Lucina in Smash 4.

CHROM AND/OR LUCINA OR NO BUY!

Seeing as I main Ike (and link kind of) I'd really want to see Chrom/Lucina in Smash 4.

I can see see Chrom having potential, just because of Masahiro's pattern of having a new FE character, though its slightly more questionable since Ike's re-confirmation I can still see it fairly possible. Lucina though I feel has almost no chance because of confusion with Marth, however Lucina's Marth costume might appear as Marth's alt. (Also could be considered far fetched, but thats all I think we will get for Lucina representation)

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Honestly, they can go the fanservice route and include a Lucina costume to Marth assuming it's gonna return in Smash 4, not really hard lol. I just really want one of Chrom or Lucina, would be ridiculous if they don't include one of them.

I still think Robin would be a batter choice then either. Chrom and Lucina are just another two blue-haired swordsmen - they even have the exact same sword as Marth (Falchion), and Ike's signature move (Aether). They don't really bring anything new to the series combat-wise, being little more than a midway point between the existing FE characters. And frankly I don't find Chrom that interesting from a character perspective either.
Robin represents a character type than non-players of FE might not even realise exists - the magic users! That would give him/her a very broad range of possible moves right off the bat (and the idea of a fighter running and jumping around with one of those big-ass magic tomes sounds awesome/amusing), and he/she could still have a sword for melee purposes anyway - my vote goes to the Levin Sword because it looks awesome and shoots lightning.
Not to mention that Robin is arguably more of a main character and more important to the plot than Chrom.

Failing that, the next best option is evidently Owain. Just so he can shout out crazy attack names every time he does something.

Also, why are there no reveals of Fire Emblem Assist Trophies so far??? :(

so antsy for my fire emblem and mother lovelies to make it in(and meta knight wtf)

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
Back to Krystal for a sec, I think she would be an amazing addition to the roster, as I've noticed we have more of a fleshed out roster, we have more female characters, now besides Bowser and DeDeDe I feel that we're lacking villains. While Ganon will be returning, it got me wondering what could be done to add more villainous characters, and I realized King K. Rool would be a really good character for the game, but I don't know how he would live to the hype. As far as assist trophies go, they're probably saving most of them till the game comes out.

While Ganon will be returning, it got me wondering what could be done to add more villainous characters, and I realized King K. Rool would be a really good character for the game, but I don't know how he would live to the hype.
You actually reminded me of a video that is roughly an hour long. Within this video GameXplain had a discussion with guest, "Kirbopher" who mentioned his experience during Smash Fest at Nintendo World where he was told Kraid and (potentially) King K. Rool being Smash Run bosses. (Which would ruin him being playable) You can decide for yourself if you want to believe him.
(I don't know when exactly this was mentioned, but if you find time to watch the whole thing i suggest it. Otherwise thats really the main highlight)

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can't wait until Smash 4 comes out and it dawns on them that they'll have to play the newest release to get dev support, like literally every other competitive video game.
there are other competitive Smash games aside from Melee?

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
Do you guys want Taboo to return? I've been thinking about Taboo recently and I was wondering whether or not he should return as the final boss instead of Master Hand, but I feel at the same time that would hinder the game since Master Hand is the most iconic villain and the final villain so it would deter from the shock and awe of Master Hand. I just think Taboo was left un explored, there are still alot of questions to ask about where he arose from or how he even managed to trap master hand in Smash Bros. Brawl. Hoping to see Taboo back along with some old bosses, no Duon please. Thoughts?

I think Taboo would be a great returning boss, however I don't see his backstory being incorporated. There are a lot of boss characters that I would like to see return from Brawl. Rayquaza, Porky, Ridley, Meta Ridley, Taboo, Crazy Hand, etc.
It also makes you think about what new bosses we will be seeing. (Such as Yellow Devil)

Pic of the day. In order to make Rayman's trophy, we asked Ubisoft to share their references. We were expecting to receive 2D drawing references for Rayman, but to our surprise, they sent us data of a brand new 3D model that they rendered for this game!! And that was how this trophy was created. It takes a lot of work creating each model, so it's wonderful that the creators contributed their own efforts!!

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Ubisoft making the model themselves expecting Rayman would be playable
something tells me shit would've gone down if ubisoft handed over those references expecting a character slot, only to see "look at this cool trophy ubisoft help us make! :)"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)