The Legend of Korra (Spoilers ITT)

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I bet mako and bolin's grandma dies, bolin's precognition will come full circle and he'll become a fortune teller

Mia Wallace

Banned deucer.
Don't. Remind me. Of that. Scene..... Tear Bending happened in that scene.
"tear bending". I'll be honest, I haven't really cried watching TLAB or TLOK, but I will say that it's my favorite thing coming out of Nickelodeon right now. I followed TLAB since the start and fell in love with the lore and the story. I'm so happy with the Direction they're taking with Korra. I'm not really into Season 3 yet, haven't really watched much of it. I usually wait till the season is complete to watch it in one sitting.

Mia Wallace

Banned deucer.
no I remembered it was friday, forgot that friday is korra day ]=
I forgot the "I" at the start of that. I usually watch online anyways. Nickelodeon doesn't deserve my ratings. Fucking Tom kelly and his weak ass acting. Bring back Mike O'mally and THEN maybe will I care to watch their programs. Until then, it's just Korra online.

Too bad you can't download HD torrents at any time anywhere for free

wait

Moving on, I absolutely LOVE what I'm seeing right now. Pretty cool to see Lin's background story... and adult Toph's for that matter, although her adult life reminds me of Aang's; to much focus on the job at hand, not enough time for the kids... Which gives us all the eccentric characters we love now.

Also hint at Toph being still alive - pretty promising.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I forgot the "I" at the start of that. I usually watch online anyways. Nickelodeon doesn't deserve my ratings. Fucking Tom kelly and his weak ass acting. Bring back Mike O'mally and THEN maybe will I care to watch their programs. Until then, it's just Korra online.
The preview for next week said it wouldn't be online.

Re these episodes

I was really disappointed that after the kidnapping climax last week, we didn't get to see Korra beat the living shit out of the Dai Li, although the way they incorporated group airbending into the script/Tenzin's about face wrt "kidnapping people" was really cool. The bad guys for this season seem kind of unnecessarily hesitant to fight. They run from an oppertunity to kill weakened Tarrlok and Zuko, two of the four people responsible for locking them away. Something similar happens between Zehir and Kya.

Korra's always done a good job of portraying social conflict between individuals, and while I felt that it was a bit over the top, I was interested in the Lin family's anxiety and disslike. Also Toph might still be alive, so that's cool. I kind of feel like having Zehir show up at the Air Temple for so little didn't really do anything constructive for the plot, but I guess that it would have seemed like longer if the two episodes had premiered a week apart instead of back to back.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
The only versions of episode 6 I can find are the Spanish dubs. Good thing I know Spanish, but I'd prefer it English anyway.

I read somewhere that there's now two episodes airing each air date?

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
episodes 3-6 were leaked in spanish weeks before the premier of the first 3 episodes, the official release of episode 6 hasn't been done yet. They've been airing 2 episodes a week ever since the premier, which means episodes 6 and 7 come out next friday.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I kind of feel like Opal could be Lin's daughter. Hence the issues with Lin and her, Lin's crying, etc. (plus they kind of look alike? but I guess they could since they are said to be aunt/niece). Toph better show up in this season. That's such a bitch move if they don't show her in some way after mentioning that she's out there (after 2 seasons of people thinking she was dead...)

also chief sokka! cute

edit: also also loved that Su was with the circus, sandbenders, etc. plus, her chef was a pirate? probably on the ship that aang and co ran into (though he would've had to have been a young one).

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Su was also a pirate, there is probably no connection (that chef is way too young). A lot of people think Opal is Lin's daughter, but I was more fixated on how Su's entire side of the family is so damn water tribe brown. This only stands out to me because Lin isn't. Just a sign that the nations are mixing more and more? Probably.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
And here we have the dream character of every female fan of this show

Damn, am I the only one that thought of this? Su's father has got to be sokka. The "collector of meteors" could NOT have been an unplanned inclusion. These episodes have been absolutely amazing though. It's a huge step up from everything we've seen before.

On a different topic, I'm really not liking any action sequences seen in this show anymore. It all seems to be "one character shows off, then the other character shows off while the first character stands there and gets KOed". Really lame to see the white lotus / kya / the twins / fucking ZUKO just get wrecked by these guys. They need some better fight choreography.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Let's Be Real Here. Opal is the greatest thing to ever happen to LOK since people started shipping Korra and Asami together.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
And here we have the dream character of every female fan of this show

Damn, am I the only one that thought of this? Su's father has got to be sokka. The "collector of meteors" could NOT have been an unplanned inclusion. These episodes have been absolutely amazing though. It's a huge step up from everything we've seen before.

On a different topic, I'm really not liking any action sequences seen in this show anymore. It all seems to be "one character shows off, then the other character shows off while the first character stands there and gets KOed". Really lame to see the white lotus / kya / the twins / fucking ZUKO just get wrecked by these guys. They need some better fight choreography.
Bam, took the words right out of my mouth. Zuko's introduction after not appearing for ages was really disappointing. The way I pictured it was that he wouldn't be introduced (or at least seen fighting) until after Team Avatar has their first run-in with the bad guys, where he would come in and show off some of that defensive firebending and then rescue the heroes. Here he just...shot some fire and then was knocked out. I feel like they could have just skipped that entire sequence, just have Zuko not arrive in time and Combustion Girl already escaped. Oh well, maybe his daughter will be cool.

I definitely can see Sokka being the father (and I still think The Duke is Lin's father) but of course this makes me wonder what happened with Suki. This raises a lot of questions, and I'm honestly afraid we won't get satisfying answers. I feel like it's going to be hard to explain all this in a kid's show where they can't really reference sex and will have to awkwardly explain how they had several "marriages" that didn't last long.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Let's Be Real Here. Opal is the greatest thing to ever happen to LOK since people started shipping Korra and Asami together.
I can't help feeling that Opal is hiding something...as I was watching the episode I was very suspicious of her. There's got to be some sort of traumatic reason she is acting this way. Like Gato said, she's very Mary Sue like and I'm not yet willing to think that the writers just messed up somewhere. The good news is that if she really is hiding something important, I can see the reveal working out wonderfully.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think it's mostly a chaotic upbringing and the fact that Avatar hasn't really had a moe (human) character. The closest thing is that one girl from Ba Sing Se who had a crush on Zuko in TLA. I truthfully despise that character archetype so I think she will get on my nerves >.>

From the comics, they're teasing some Satoru guy as a potential partner for Toph:

I can totally see this dude being one of the baby daddies. Maybe Su?

Ultimately, I must be the only person who doesn't very much care about who the father was because they're not really important to the story. I also don't understand why they HAVE to be someone from TLA, Toph could meet new people since Lin was born 20 years after the end of TLA. I guess it's an excuse for everyone's second chance crack shippings. If Sokka is one of the fathers, then keep in mind that Lin dated Tenzin for a time so it would basically be cousins dating ._.

Last edited:

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The show has not yet brought up that Opal was the only non-bender in her family, living in what is a bending oligarchy (that her family also started). It is somewhat at odds with the expressed mission of the city that Su so flippantly not allows Opal to go to a temple where she can master her bending.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Good point. I wonder why Su is so bent on making her stay with the Metal Clan. I guess at first it was familial affection but yeah, looks like something fishy is going on.

Edit: was thinking and didn't make another post but tbh evidence points to Sokka having died childless since he was alive and SWT chief only 13 years prior to book 3 and the throne passed to Unalaq/Tonraq's family after his death rather than any other potential heirs that could have fought for the right to the throne during book 2 (Katara is the only other related heir and I think she either refused it or is otherwise ineligible. It's clear Tenzin and co. are not in the picture of SWT leadership despite Hakoda being their grandfather). Since NWT and SWT seemed to have been united politically after Sokka's death, I really doubt there are any unrevealed heirs in the picture since book 2 would have been the best time to bring them in. It was Tonraq and not any kid of Sokka leading the SWT independence movement.

Actually it makes me really curious about the circumstances of Sokka's death and how Tonraq ultimately came into the picture. Maybe they became best bros after Tonraq was banished to the SWT? I doubt Bryke is hiding a "actually he's Sokka's son" because they had no problem with Aang's and Toph's kids being central to the story from the getgo. That and making one Avatar the great-niece of another would be really lame writing.

Last edited:

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So there's been some interesting discussions about bending techs itt, and after Friday's episodes I have a question to pose. Water has been shown to have a spiritual bending application in calming/angering spirits, and Jinora specifically stated that her astral projection was an Air bending/spiritual thing. Could all 4 elements also have a special spirit tech?

Mia Wallace

Banned deucer.
So there's been some interesting discussions about bending techs itt, and after Friday's episodes I have a question to pose. Water has been shown to have a spiritual bending application in calming/angering spirits, and Jinora specifically stated that her astral projection was an Air bending/spiritual thing. Could all 4 elements also have a special spirit tech?
I'm actually kind of expecting something like this. It wouldn't make sense if just ONE element for no reason has a spirit link. Especially with the whole explanation of the Avatar in Season 2. I just feel like the writers can't come up with something, which is kind of upsetting. However, I think we'll see something alone these lines in this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)