Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega Azelf

Psychic ----> Psychic / Fairy
Levitate ----> Adaptability
75 / 125 / 70 / 125 / 70 / 115 (580) ----> 75 / 165 (+40) / 75 (+5) / 165 (+40) / 75 (+5) / 125 (+10)
New Moves: Moon Blast, Growth, Play Rough

Mega Azelf hits like a house and a truck... on a house.

+2 252+ SpA Adaptability Azelf Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 606-714 (86 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

It's also a great sun teammate for mixed sweeping teams. Fuck up things!

Mega Uxie

Levitate ----> Soothsayer (The next Pokemon to come in has their status effects cured)
75 / 75 / 130 / 75 / 130 / 95 (580) ----> 75/75/170(+40)/100(+25)/155(+25)/105(+10)
New Moves: Recover, Quiver Dance, Moonblast

Mega Uxie is a Cleric of sorts. An inverse user of Natural Cure, curing allies of their ails, all while using Quiver Dance defensively to set up in its enemy's face!

Mega Mesprit
Typing: Psychic --> Psychic/Fairy
Abillity: Levitate --> Magic Bounce
Stats: 80/105/105/105/105/80 --> 80/140(+35)/140(+35)/140(+35)/140(+35)/40(-40)
New Moves: Recover, Moonblast, Drain Punch
Concept: Mega Mespirit is an annoying Hazard Blocker with amazing defenses, and nice defensive type (Fairy, the psychic part is hit or miss) and decent mixed options to be a versatile but underwhelmingly slow teammate. It's an ideal Trick Room setting pivot.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Mega Mespirit

Levitate ----> Serene Grace
80 / 105 / 105 / 105 / 105 / 80 (580) ----> 80 / 125 (+20) / 125 (+20) / 125 (+20) / 125 (+20) / 100 (+20)
New Moves: Recover, Play Rough, and Moonblast

I know just +20 in each stat seems uncreative, but it seemed fitting in this case. Mega Mespirit is a very flexible Pokemon, either going down an offensive or defensive route. Serene Grace seemed like the best ability to put here for the Emotion theme, as the other options didn't look as interesting, and having Moonblast lowering Special Attack 60% of the time is gold, and Play Rough lowering Attack 20% of the time is also pretty cool. Recover, improved defenses, and an added Fairy typing greatly help defensively, and new Fairy-type STABs help offensively. Not much else to say here.

7/9-7/11 (7/13-7/15, in fact)
Cresselia
Phione
Shaymin
Victini

Ooooh, we've finally reached Gen 5.

Too much speed and/or atack is definitely going to break Victini; I mean, STAB, 180 BP V-Create off 100/100 attacking stats is insane enough already.

Cresselia is most likely going to be using Calm Mind and be a set-up sweeper, or maybe some sort of gimmicks about dreams. I don't know, makes opponents sleep longer?

Also, made a Gen 5 slate schedule (sans Victini), correct me if I'm wrong on anything:

7/15 - 7/17
Emboar
Watchog
Stoutland
Liepard

7/17 - 7/19
Simisear
Simipour
Musharna
Unfezant

7/19 - 7/21
Zebstrika
Gigalith
Excadrill
Audino

7/21 - 7/23
Throh
Sawk
Leavanny
Scolipede

7/23 - 7/25
Basculin
Krookodile
Darmanitan
Maractus

7/25 - 7/27
Crustle
Scrafty
Sigilyph
Cofagrigus

7/27 - 7/29
Carracosta
Garbodor
Cinccino
Gothitelle

7/29 - 7/31
Emolga
Escavalier
Amoonguss
Jellicent

7/31 - 8/2
Alomomola
Ferrothorn
Klinklang
Eelektross

8/2 - 8/4
Beheeyem
Chandelure
Haxorus
Beartic

8/4 - 8/6
Cryogonal
Accelgor
Stunfisk
Mienshao

8/6 - 8/8
Druddigon
Golurk
Bisharp
Bouffalant

8/8 - 8/10
Braviary
Mandibuzz
Heatmor
Cobalion

8/10 - 8/12
Terrakion
Virizion
Tornadus-I
Tornadus-T

8/12 - 8/14
Thundurus-I
Thundurus-T
Landorus-I
Landorus-T

8/14 - 8/16
Kyurem
Kyurem-B
(maybe bonus Kyurem-W?)
Keldeo

Last edited:
"Hold it people! I'm here to participate for this current slate. Due to classes and difference in time schedule, here are my entries for the spirit trio..."

...Which I would be saying if the slate voting entries have not yet started too early. But looking at the participants entries, most of you really gave them the desired mega concepts I liked for them. As jealous as I am to the lucky contestants right now, I'll just hold it off and give them a humble bow. The question is: who created the best mega evolutions of the spirit trio that matches my vision?

The only rule that should be considered to get my vote is this. They must be part fairy. That's it.

Since the ongoing discussion involves cute legendaries, I am NOT going to miss this one at all! Phone, Shaymin, and Victini. Ain't they so cute to create a mega? Oh, if it's ok though, can I share to you people at least a potential fanart for mega Victini ones submission for the next batch begins?

I have a suggestion for Ledian:

Mega Ledian

Bug / Flying ----> Bug / Fighting
Swarm / Early Bird / Iron Fist ----> Quick Bout (Ledian's Fighting moves gain +1 priority for 5 turns (count resets on switch))
55 / 35/ 50 / 55 / 110 / 85 (390) ----> 55 / 105 (+70) / 80 (+30) / 35 (-20) / 110 / 105 (+20) (490)
New Moves:
- Helping Hand,
- Sky Uppercut,
- Mat Block,
- Paralyzing Palm (Fighting, Status, Makes Contact, 80% acc, Paralyzes),
- Morning Nectar (Bug, Status, Targets self, Recovers 1/2 HP)

Description: Ledian is a fighter. With a Healthy boost to it's Attack and a small boost to it's speed, this little lightweight boxer can hold his own up with the bigger boys. Still, Ledian prefers not to get dragged into longer fights, and will lose it's finesse and dexterity as the fight drags on.

Whilst the little guy can hold his own in singles, it also pairs well in tag-team (doubles) environments. With access to Reflect, Light Screen, Safeguard and the addition of Helping hand and a (+1 Priority) Mat Block, Ledian can support its ally in a variety of ways.

Of course, being little does have it's downsides. Whilst it did gain +30 to its defense, this still leaves it with a low 80 base defense, nothing to write home about. Coupled with it's low 55 HP stat, Mega Ledian isn't built to take big hits. Still, it's special bulk remains unchanged, meaning Special Attackers still need to pack a bit of oomph.

Overall the goal of this Mega was to provide more than one way of building Ledian. It can either hit hard and fast with priority Drain Punch & others, or support the team by setting up screens or getting a Priority Mat Block off in Doubles/Triples formats

I have a suggestion for Ledian:

Mega Ledian

Bug / Flying ----> Bug / Fighting
Swarm / Early Bird / Iron Fist ----> Quick Bout (Ledian's Fighting moves gain +1 priority for 5 turns (count resets on switch))
55 / 35/ 50 / 55 / 110 / 85 (390) ----> 55 / 105 (+70) / 80 (+30) / 35 (-20) / 110 / 105 (+20) (490)
New Moves:
- Helping Hand,
- Sky Uppercut,
- Mat Block,
- Paralyzing Palm (Fighting, Status, Makes Contact, 80% acc, Paralyzes),
- Morning Nectar (Bug, Status, Targets self, Recovers 1/2 HP)

Description: Ledian is a fighter. With a Healthy boost to it's Attack and a small boost to it's speed, this little lightweight boxer can hold his own up with the bigger boys. Still, Ledian prefers not to get dragged into longer fights, and will lose it's finesse and dexterity as the fight drags on.

Whilst the little guy can hold his own in singles, it also pairs well in tag-team (doubles) environments. With access to Reflect, Light Screen, Safeguard and the addition of Helping hand and a (+1 Priority) Mat Block, Ledian can support its ally in a variety of ways.

Of course, being little does have it's downsides. Whilst it did gain +30 to its defense, this still leaves it with a low 80 base defense, nothing to write home about. Coupled with it's low 55 HP stat, Mega Ledian isn't built to take big hits. Still, it's special bulk remains unchanged, meaning Special Attackers still need to pack a bit of oomph.

Overall the goal of this Mega was to provide more than one way of building Ledian. It can either hit hard and fast with priority Drain Punch & others, or support the team by setting up screens or getting a Priority Mat Block off in Doubles/Triples formats
Are you kidding me? How about reading the OP first. You managed to break every single rule with one submission.

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
7/9-7/11 (7/13-7/15, in fact)
Cresselia
Phione
Shaymin
Victini

Ooooh, we've finally reached Gen 5.

Too much speed and/or atack is definitely going to break Victini; I mean, STAB, 180 BP V-Create off 100/100 attacking stats is insane enough already.

Cresselia is most likely going to be using Calm Mind and be a set-up sweeper, or maybe some sort of gimmicks about dreams. I don't know, makes opponents sleep longer?

Also, made a Gen 5 slate schedule (sans Victini), correct me if I'm wrong on anything:

7/15 - 7/17
Emboar
Watchog
Stoutland
Liepard

7/17 - 7/19
Simisear
Simipour
Musharna
Unfezant

7/19 - 7/21
Zebstrika
Gigalith
Swoobat
Excadrill

7/21 - 7/23
Audino
Throh
Sawk
Leavanny

7/23 - 7/25
Scolipede
Basculin
Krookodile
Darmanitan

7/25 - 7/27
Maractus
Crustle
Scrafty
Sigilyph

7/27 - 7/29
Cofagrigus
Carracosta
Garbodor
Zoroark

7/29 - 7/31
Cinccino
Gothitelle
Emolga
Escavalier

7/31 - 8/2
Amoonguss
Jellicent
Alomomola
Ferrothorn

8/2 - 8/4
Klinklang
Eelektross
Beheeyem
Chandelure

8/4 - 8/6
Haxorus
Beartic
Cryogonal
Accelgor

8/6 - 8/8
Stunfisk
Mienshao
Druddigon
Golurk

8/8 - 8/10
Bisharp
Bouffalant
Braviary
Mandibuzz

8/10 - 8/12
Heatmor
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion

8/12 - 8/14
Tornadus-I
Tornadus-T
Thundurus-I
Thundurus-T

8/14 - 8/16
Landorus-I
Landorus-T
Kyurem
Kyurem-B
(maybe bonus Kyurem-W?)

8/16 - 8/18
Keldeo
Genesect
Chesnaught
Greninja
Some of those pokes already have mega submissions

Are you kidding me? How about reading the OP first. You managed to break every single rule with one submission.
He actually only broke two rules (more than three new moves & decreasing a stat that's not Speed). The OP technically doesn't mention that new Abilities need to be simple or that creating moves isn't allowed. It should, but it doesn't.

Changing the subject...

Cresselia should get an auto-gravity ability. You know, because its a moon... (GF why)
Shaymin should get an auto-grassy terrain ability. legendary pokemon based on nature...
Victini gets Turboblaze because of its notoriety for stealing from Reshiram/Zekrom

Changing the subject...

Cresselia should get an auto-gravity ability. You know, because its a moon... (GF why)
Shaymin should get an auto-grassy terrain ability. legendary pokemon based on nature...
Victini gets Turboblaze because of its notoriety for stealing from Reshiram/Zekrom
Cresselia is literally a moon? It has magical moon powers, sure, but that's different.

Cresselia is also the inverse of Darkrai, and brings joyful dreams, so maybe an ability that restores HP when asleep?
Probably 1/8 max per turn, to bring it in line with Poison Heal.
Could be fun with resttalk and calm mind.

So I know it's not the submission period, but I won't be available at all tomorrow. If someone could submit these tomorrow (or just put them in the slate), then that would be great.

Type: Psychic -> Psychic/Fairy
Ability: Levitate -> Air Lock
New Moves: None

HP: 120 -> 120
Atk: 70 -> 80 (+10)
Def: 120 -> 145 (+25)
SpA: 75 -> 100 (+25)
SpD: 130 -> 160 (+30)
Spe: 85 -> 95 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Guided by the spirit of the moon, Cresselia forces all Pokemon to ignore the effects of weather. Fairy typing because why isn't it already a Fairy.

Competitive Concept: Bulky motherfucker designed to inhibit the plethora of new weather-based megas. It's pretty much just a classic stallmon with a decent SpA stat.

Pro Tips: Don't forget that Moonblast is a fantastic attacking move.
Type: Water -> Water/Fairy
Ability: Hydration -> Parental Bond

HP: 80 -> 80
Atk: 80 -> 95 (+15)
Def: 80 -> 95 (+15)
SpA: 80 -> 95 (+15)
SpD: 80 -> 95 (+15)
Spe: 80 -> 120 (+40)

Flavor Concept: Phione channels the legendary power of Manaphy to attack alongside it. Fairy typing is added because it's very fairy-like.

Competitive Concept: Powerful mixed wallbreaker that can get hella haxy with Scald. Dazzling Gleam, U-Turn, Ice Beam, Waterfall, and Grass Knot are other excellent and usable moves that achieve insane power when coupled with Parental Bond.

Pro Tips: Spam Scald like you've never spammed it before.
Type: Grass -> Grass
Ability: Natural Cure -> Gardener (Grassy Terrain-summoning ability already given to Mega Celebi)

HP: 100 -> 100
Atk: 100 -> 112 (+12)
Def: 100 -> 112 (+12)
SpA: 100 -> 120 (+20)
SpD: 100 -> 146 (+46)
Spe: 100 -> 110 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Pokedex entries state that it can turn wasteland into lush fields, so Gardener is a fitting ability.

Competitive Concept: Bulky and fast abuser of powerful Grass-type moves. Giga Drain and Seed Flare can annoy the shit out of any opponent trying to KO Shaymin.

Pro Tips: The decision between this and Mega Celebi can be a tough one, so make your decision wisely.
Type: Psychic/Fire -> Fire
Ability: Victory Star -> Dedication (This Pokémon's speed cannot be lowered)

HP: 100 -> 100
Atk: 100 -> 125 (+25)
Def: 100 -> 125 (+25)
SpA: 100 -> 125 (+25)
SpD: 100 -> 125 (+25)
Spe: 100 -> 100

Flavor Concept: Victini is dedicated to victory, so it doesn't stop running.

Competitive Concept: V-Create spam without the speed drop! Of course, it's still hella weak to priority and hates the defense drops, but it can maintain a constant speed while spamming one of the most powerful moves in the game. However, it sacrifices the sheer power of Banded Victini.

Pro Tips: Go all-out attacking with the insane coverage that Victini's event-based movepool allows.

Edit: sorry, new to this and posted submissions for Shaymin and Victini too soon. As far as discussing the other two, Phione is a really tricky one. Giving it +20 across the board still makes it worse than Manaphy, and it's hard to find a niche for yet another Water Pokemon as we get towards the end.

For Cresselia, the temptation will be there to add a Fairy typing because of the Moonlight/Moonblast stuff. We've already got some bulky Psychics with interesting support options, and this latest round will likely give us some Psychic/Fairy Megas. Will probably have to dump some points into offenses to keep it from being insanely bulky. I'm thinking of an ability that automatically casts Wish upon fainting, so it could use Lunar Dance to bring a setup sweeper back at full health and then the sweeper could boost, take a hit and recover up to 222 HP its first turn out.

Last edited:
Question: will the doc be updated with new information on the megas? They're constantly giving out new data, such as Tough Claws MegaGross, and I think that this Pet Mod should be consistent with in-game data. Don't know if I'm supposed to post this or not, though, so if not, I was never here.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Sorry for being late again but here are the results:

Azelf: Mczatar
Mega Azelf
Psychic → Psychic
Levitate → Grit Power (If this pokemon is statused, its attack and special attack is X1.5)
75/125/70/125/70/115 (580) → 75/145(+20)/95(+25)/150(+25)/90(+20)/125(+10) (680)

As the Willpower pokemon, Azelf should get an improved version of guts, who will effect also his special attack. Other than that, he is pretty much the same :D
Just don't get anystatus on it if you are playing against it, or you will be f*cked :3

Uxie: nightsitter
Mega Uxie
Type: Psychic -> Psychic
Ability: Levitate -> Trace
New Moves: none

HP: 75 -> 75
Atk: 75 -> 100 (+25)
Def: 130 -> 160 (+30)
SpA: 75 -> 100 (+25)
SpD: 130 -> 160 (+30)
Spe: 95 -> 85 (-10)

Flavor Concept: As the being of knowledge, Mega Uxie is familiar with every ability and can Trace them all.

Competitive Concept: Deo-D type Pokemon that can take great advantage of an opponent's ability. It dislikes its lack of reliable recovery, but can occasionally abuse Volt Absorb or a similar ability for extra longevity. With the introduction of so many new Megas with interesting abilities, Uxie can fuck 'em up.

Pro Tips: Don't forget that it has a diverse movepool and useable attack stats.

Mesprit: Mega Mantine
Mesprit (Mespritite)
Type: Psychic -> Psychic/Fairy
Abilities: Levitate -> Overwhelm (Upon switching in or Mega Evolving, applies Taunt to opponent)
New Moves: Misty Terrain, Recover, Moonblast

HP: 80 -> 80
Atk: 105 -> 125 (+20)
Def: 105 -> 125 (+20)
SpA: 105 -> 125 (+20)
SpD: 105 -> 125 (+20)
Spe: 80 -> 100 (+20)
BST: 580 -> 680

The idea is that Mega Mesprit emotionally overwhelms the opponent and it can do nothing but attack in anger. It shuts down setup sweepers and stall.

Heatran: Valmanway
Mega Heatran

Fire / Steel ----> Fire / Steel
Flash Fire / Flame Body ----> Heat Seek, Mega Heatran's Fire-type moves never miss
91 / 90 / 106 / 130 / 106 / 77 (600) ----> 91 / 90 / 136 (+30) / 150 (+20) / 136 (+30) / 97 (+20) (700)
New Moves: Charge Beam

Mega Heatran becomes a sturdy tank with some extra Speed, so he can outrun most walls and pull off a sweep against stall. What's cool about using Mega Heatran is that his Fire-type moves never miss, meaning Magma Storm and Will-O-Wisp become much more reliable moves. Charge Beam was added for a way to power up, and it makes a little sense being a Steel-type and whatnot, and you can possibly find the right opportunity to set up with Magma Storm trapping the right opponent.

This post opens to submission period for Cresselia, Phione, Shaymin, and Victini

Mega Victini
Typing: Fire/Psychic -> Fire/Psychic
Ability: Victory Star -> Victory SuperStar (accuracy buff now 20%)
Stats: 100/100/100/100/100/100 -> 100/125 (+25) /110 (+10) /125 (+25) /110 (+10) /130 (+30)
New Moves: Calm Mind

This Mega Evolution is one last trick Victini can pull out to grab a win for its trainer. As Mega Evolutions are all about turning the tide of the battle, the Victory Pokemon - like the greatest competitors in other arenas - achieves an even deeper level of focus when the pressure's on. Amidst the chaos, everything starts to slow down for Mega Victini and its already preternatural ability to anticipate its opponent's movements is augmented further.

Victini's first turn on the field is sure to to be a pivotal moment in the battle as your opponent must solve the mind game of whether to expect a Choice Banded or Trick Room V-Create spammer or a speedy Mega-Victini that might Calm Mind up and start firing off 100% accurate Blue Flares along with 85% accurate Thunders/Focus Blasts.

Mega Shaymin
Typing: Grass -> Grass
Ability: Natural Cure -> Purify (any Poison-type attack used on it- including coming in on Toxic Spikes - is rendered ineffective and boosts Mega Shaymin's Grass attacks by 50%. Basically Flash Fire with Poison->Grass instead of Fire->Fire)
New Moves: Weather Ball, Defog
Stats: 100/100/100/100/100/100 -> 100/110 (+10) /130 (+30) /120 (+20) /135 (+35) /105 (+5)

Between the defensive boosts and turning a weakness into an immunity, Shaymin becomes that much more tanky and that much more able to wear you down with repeated Seed Flares and/or Leech Seed or serve as a bulky cleric that doesn't easily give up momentum.

Flavor-wise, it fits with the Pokedex and anime stuff about Shaymin being able to absorb toxins and transform them into lush fields of flowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)