Which Anime Would make the best Hollywood Movie?

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I think a Monster movie is actually in the works, as a matter of fact. Or, at least it was - apparently it's being adapted into live-action TV instead: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_(manga)#Live-action_adaptations
But yesss! I totally agree. Monster's definitely a series that would translate well into film, and if they're going to do a TV series instead of a movie they'll probably have an easier time writing the script as well. I'd be sad if they cut any of the important bits out just to depict everything within a suitable timeframe, heheh. Monster is so rich and chock fulla goodness.

(20th Century Boys has already been adapted into a movie in Japan, by the way :o
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1155705/ )
Honnestly I don't believe there is any competition here. Urasawa's mangas are just made to become movies. I'm thinking of Monster obviously, but also 20th century boys (I think they made a movie out of it recently, but I heard that it was not great, I'd love to see this story in the hands of a big producer) or Pluton.
Monster is simply insane in terms of storyline, with its "ethic dilemmas" and the mysterious aura Urasawa always creates.
Plutot would make an awesome movie aswell, following the codes of these robot movies made out of Isaac Asimov books (think i-robot).
20th century/Monster are probably so long that a TV serie would be better I guess.

I mean, Urasawa stories probably shit on most of the Thrillers Hollywood make, so why wouldn't they pick it instead of making boring movies only watched because X is in the movie.

akaFila

butterscotch love
Zankyou no Terror - Interesting series so far, and I could see it having major success if carried over into a high production movie.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Would either work out really well or be a total bust.

ZnK isn't done yet^

Also I would love to see One Piece fit in one movie lol

Gintama is episodic and rarely has arcs so can't be movie

Though Bleach and Death Note would be good, I also would like to see Stiens;Gate, Code Geass, and Guilty Crown made into movies would be amazing tbh

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ONE PUNCH MAN NEEDS A MOVIE

Have you SEEN the shit we've pulled with pacific rim? Opm blasting holes in the heads of titanic monsters would be greaaaaattt

The comic also has a great cynical sense of humor to go along with its amazing action...

Once it's over that is!

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ZnK isn't done yet^

Also I would love to see One Piece fit in one movie lol

Gintama is episodic and rarely has arcs so can't be movie

Though Bleach and Death Note would be good, I also would like to see Stiens;Gate, Code Geass, and Guilty Crown made into movies would be amazing tbh
Steins;Gate would be great-- the story could probably be given great justice in the format length too.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i agree with death note and steins;gate, and honestly a couple others that were said but i dont remember them all. monster would be great, but it is pretty long honestly i think a short 10-12 episode hbo type of series would do it more justice.

Edit:
Oh I also think Psycho-Pass could translate amazingly to Hollywood. There have been things with similar concept already ie minority report and the show doesn't have goofy anime tropes that don't really fit into the American cinema landscape.

Last edited:

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I would like to nominate Aldnoah.Zero for the Hollywood movie to be directed by Michael Bay.

The best part is that the American population will believe it to be a sequel to the Transformers series, so it really won't hurt the box office sales. They won't know the difference. muahahahahaha

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
A Dragon Ball Dragon Ball Z movie should be great, I didn't much care for the Dragon Ball series anyway, as a massive Vegeta fan, I believe that Evolution blew simply because he wasn't in it. Favouritism aside, a movie on the Saiyan saga might be decent at best, but it would form a platform for sequels based on the sagas that follow like the Freiza saga which, I imagine, would be AMAZING, assuming the writers don't mess with the plot and the events that unfold therein, and the Android saga which is arguably the best saga in the entire series (Cell being my favourite villain for obvious reasons).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)